LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
Old Wise One

Gallery: jezzie
Stats: choosing to be scale-free;
WOE: (48% C; 33% Fat; 19% P; )
Start Date: 11/22/11 - MediterrAsian, Flexitarian, Oz-ish
Roll Call: Thursday, July 29th

Gayle from Tampa & twins ( another of DD Tara's best friends -also an ex-GF of DS Darren's)

Good Morning

Another two picture comments. - One: Gayle's GF with the triplets is a single Mom.
Two: Looking at Gayle in the red tank top - I don't remember looking that good in
a tank top in my forties. I wasn't overweight. Maybe it's too long ago to remember.

jezzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
The twins look a lot happier than the triplets do. I bet they are hot on top of everything else. Maggie doesn't love being contained in the stroller, either. Only when she wants to does she sit in the stroller. And usually in the back yard not the store!

Going to be a long hot day. Thursdays are my worst day. Long and difficult. My forearms look like Popeye this morning. Well, one forearm. Broken out like crazy in Poison Ivy. Oh, the joys of the south! Thanks for the website, Michele. It was very helpful.

I go get the stitches out tomorrow so maybe I can talk him into a prednisone Rx.

Have a great Thursday all.
Waving to everyone. Will check in later at naptime.
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Gee Anne, you are sorta lucky to be going to a doctor tomorrow, to get some med for the poison ivy at least, so you don't need to make a separate appt. Hope the stitch removal goes smoothly.

Interesting picture Jezzie!! Funny how Darren's ex girlfriends make such good gal friends, unusual too.

One thing about the gal in the tank top, who knows how she will look at our age??

Just finishing my first round on the bike, need to go to the local grocery today, and want to check out the bargain area for special stuff, they sometimes have good meat items there, in sizes just perfect for us.

Melons, melons are on sale, and grapes too. They come from far away, the local Calif. stuff is not ripening as well nor as fast.

Have a pleasant day folks, if time allows.

Doris
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
It's 84 not that hot but I went out and burned some papers.I don't think we are suppose to burn at all,oh well.
Cute babies,glad they are op's.
It so hot we have been eating lots of watermelon,paid up to $8 for one.They are not plentiful this year,guess it must be the slow ripening.We don't buy grapes often.
That p.i. is very painful,stay cool.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 108 lbs. 5'
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: May '11
Hi girls,

Heard this morning that it was 29 years ago Diana married Charles, so I called my BFF in Roanoke, Va to ask her if she remembered what we were doing that day. (we were delivering Meals on Wheels because school was out for the summer) anyway.............we got invited in to one ladies home to watch some of it on TV, we were thrilled to be able to see her dress, etc. Didn't see a whole lot as we had to continue with our "meals." Neither my friend nor I had a VCR back then.

Beautiful here again today, 70s and low humidity, everything is an emerald green color.

Ladies, we ended up with a total of 8 watermelon at our party that friends had brought and gave every one of them away...........we don't care for watermelon. Wish you guys had been closer, see you should have come, ha.

Anne, I agree with Doris, didn't that work out good that you won't have to have a separate appt. with the dr.

Gladys, since we live out in a rural area we can burn papers................love being able to do that.
Ginny
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: way2fluffy
Stats: 215/205/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 12/28/13
Just looking at the triplets and twins makes me tired....I love the monkey in the corner....
Sorry to hear about the shingles and poison ivy NO FUN! Aveeno used to make an oatmeal soak that was pretty soothing.....not as good as steroids though...but helpful until they kick in.
I've never heard of getting shingles in the armpit region....usually they recur around your middle...are you sure it's shingles? Sounds so painful to have it there, no way to keep it from touching skin to skin Can you get some pain meds?
I'm feeling lazy today. Need to get up and get moving.

smile often---pray more---complain less
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Morning to all,

The eggplant parm was so good I ate way too much and then had heartburn and ended up taking the long ago put away Tums Smoothies. Oh Well, it is just for a few more weeks.
We are supposed to get rain this afternoon and tonight with a very nice and cool Fri. and week-end. mid 90's today though.
Gladys, so sorry about those Shingles... my Mom suffered real bad with those. Anne, ask for antibiotic ointment for that poison IVY... a Rx'ist told me to skip all that steriod cream and itch lotions from OC and by the OC neosporin and like that and he was RIGHT. On the really bad sores I put antibiotic bandades on the spots and that helped me not scratch which is crazy, mad to do.
bbl
Elaine

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Louloo
Stats: 181/167.1/130
Supposed to be a hot 29 today.

The poison ivy sounds itchy. Never had it so I don't really know. Can't say that I have every see poison ivy either.

My GF gets shingles on her legs and can always feel when it going to start. She finally got the injection for them and hasn't had any problems since. My DM only it them once but it was very painful.

I've never tasted egg plant either although I always see them in the stores. I must live a sheltered life.

Watched the entire Diana/Charles wedding. Loved it. Of couse I'm a big fan of the royal family.

I have decided to go with Doris's eating plan DTour. First day today, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the great info Doris.

Off for an assessment this afternoon on an exercise class that is run by the health care system here. I'ts and 8 week course, twice a week. Of couse they have to make sure that you are able to do it first.

Have a great day everone.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gladys, I keep seedless grapes and peeled bananas in the freezer at all times year round. I freeze them on trays and then when hard put them in big freezer bags and then just reach in for a banana (cut a strip of paper towel and use it to wrap around the bottom of the banana and eat like a pop sickel) or a handful of grapes from the grape bag. Good all the time but in the hot summer- SUPER.
Praying for the rain to roll in as the muggy factor is off the wall. Very nasty stuff. Watches all around us but I sure hope we get some of the edges of the storms at least.
The Netflix movie I watched as that really sweet Bindi Irwin- "Free Willy in the Pirates Cove" and I enjoyed it. Today while I wait to cool off I am going to watch BlockBuster's "Clash Of The Titans". My book only has a few chapters left to read and I will maybe re-read it right away. Now I am so glad my libraries could not get it so I bought it from Amazon. WHAT A BOOK.
bbl
e.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #10

It was 45 degrees here this AM, had to wear shoes, socks, and a sweater to go to the grocery store.....................no wonder my zucchini are staying so tiny!! Actually had to buy more at the market, my dh wonders as to my brain, lol.

Shingles under the arms, oh Gladys, that hurts to think about it!! My mother says all the people at her assisted living place fear Shingles more than almost any other thing that they could get, except Alzheimers. So far, she has stayed away from them. Hope you can get something for that, either from a doctor or from the store/pharmacy person.

We can burn here outside, but have to have a permit during the summer due to fire danger of the forest. dh has a nice pile right now in his out of the way place. They have time limits on when you do it too, so the smoke does not carry around the valley so much.

Off to finish putting groceries away, lordy, the produce had alot of sales, but it still adds up to alot of dough anyway. Bought cherries for dh, and different melons to try for his evening snack time. Has to measure the carbs and servings and all that stuff, he is sick of being a Diabetic, says it's worse than the liver transplant really, as to your daily life.

Take care of yourselves friends.

Doris
Old 07-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #11

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just coming to mark my spot. Feeling a tad tired and low on energy right now. Did Yoga class this morning so feel relaxed.
Hope to bb later...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Hello again ya'll. We spent the morning running errands for my DD for the DGD birthday this weekend. I didn't mind and it took a good deal of pressure off my DD. So the DGD took a late nap. I'm beat!

This is my third round of Poison Ivy this summer. So I have the cream left from the other times. No steroids though. Does help with the itching but can only use it 3x a day. I try to keep to that since it says it a dozen times on the tube.

My DD2 had shingles when she was 14. When I took her to the dermatologist he asked if he could write a paper on her and I signed a "thing" but don't know what came of it. But there was a line of people to come see her while we were there. She was the youngest person that they ever heard of to have a true case of shingles. It started in the middle of her chest and went around to the middle of her back. She could not feel her children breast feed on that side all those years later. But no further breakouts. I tell you. Had I not been her mother I could not have looked at that stuff. I truly thought she had leprosy. Scary. Hope you feel better Gladys.

Oh, I wanted to tell whoever it was that got Lobster for $4.99 a pound that it was selling today for $11.99 a pound. I was in the mood but decided against it this time...I'll have to come see ya'll in CT. Or something.

Stay cool all.
Anne
Old 07-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #13
Old Wise One

I had never heard of shingles until about ten years ago.

One of my employees (about 35 or so) had it.
She was a drama queen so I assumed she was exaggerating.

Until Gladys got it. ..... Then I felt bad I had 'assumed'.

That's amazing about your daughter Anne.
I see you are reading Remarkable Creatures now. I'm almost done.

to everyone else.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #14

Oh gee, shingles at age 14?? Well, that scares me worse than the whooping cough now. I've known people with shingles, but the youngest was 55, and had grandchildren around all the time, it was not so unexpected really. My dh and I have never had chicken pox either. My boys had it, but I didn't get it then, and neither did dh. They didn't have any shots back then against shingles though. Years ago, President Nixon had it, and they spoke on the news about it, but didn't really pay attention to that then. Goodness!!

We are having leftover stuffed bellpepper and meatloaf for supper, easy dinner, reheat brussel sprouts too.

Do you folks who are retired have other health insurance besides Medicare, and if you do, is it good, and is it AARP or something like Blue Shield?? We have to make a choice soon is why I ask. Decisions...........

Doris
Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Doris,I kept my rural letter carrier's ins. it covers just about everything Medicare doesn't.Dh uses it all the time,me,no Dr's.Well went when I had shingles last time and I gave them my three ins. cards(I have champ v.a. also) didn't ever get a bill so guess it was all covered.
This second bout with shingles is not as bad as the first,it's about gone,I can put my arm done now.lol
It's up to 95,not going out until much later.
bbl
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #16

Gladys, do you know if you get the shingles again if gradually your body will become immune to it?? I'm just wondering if that is possible.

So you like the insurance you got with work then, my dh also could choose the insurance we have right now, but we do have to pay something for it, I mean more than now. Our friends down the street chose that over Blue Shield.

Doris
Old 07-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

I GOT RAIN... so happy here.

filled up all the bird baths (not real deep ones though) but the rain really came down for about an hour and they said maybe more tonight. Down town Norfolk and Va. Beach really got flooded with cars covered tops and all. Some houses got fires from lightening strikes and there were tornado warnings but no touch downs. For my neighborhood it was just a really good soaking and lots cooler temps which I do hope last to monday like they are saying.
Off to beddy bye with my date Mr. Sandman after reading a few old newspapers and doing some of the criptoquip puzzles that I like so much.
bbt
Sweet dreams all around out there in the big, wide world.
e.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: way2fluffy
Stats: 215/205/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 12/28/13

waving to Verleen, missing your posts gal....
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #19

Well, thanks to all the Poison Ivy talk on here, I've had that song in my head all day long......................................., plus, when I listened to the music channel of the 1950's and 1960's music, they happened to play that song today too, lol.

Good night and sweet dreams, with Splenda.

Doris
Old 07-30-2010, 03:35 AM   #20
Old Wise One

Doris: I have my CDPHP insurance that I kept after I retired.

Beween Medicare and private it's costing me about $250 a month.
Scared to drop the private though. I suspect I'm going to need it.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:25 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

I do not have any insurance. I live day to day scared to pieces. I am, apparently, uninsurable. I still spend a few hours a week hunting something down.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #22

Oh my Anne!

Thanks for your info Jezzie, we are beginning to lean towards my dh's companie's insurance too, price wise it's great, and our friends (dh's co worker at one time) are extremely satisfied.

D