Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Golden Years
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #181
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyBlue
Hi, I just joined this forum because I've been doing LC for a few months and haven't lost much weight. Actually, I no longer weigh myself, I let my clothes guide me, as I can't stand the disappoint of not seeing the scale move. I'm 63 and losing very slowly. I'm 63, wearing a size 12-14, would like to be slimmer, but doing LC has really helped me with many issues. My energy is better, my GERD is gone, and my tummy is shrinking. I guess I just got caught up in other's fast weight loss while mine is proving to be very slow. But I am feeling better. I'm posting here because I enjoy reading about others in my age group who are dealing with the same thing.
HappyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2014, 05:57 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aitch
Stats: 200/196/130ish
WOE: Paleo-ish
Start Date: Many moons ago.........
Hello. I am 52, soon to 53 and been LC for several years now. I love the energy it gives me and it goes a very long way toward controlling my diabetes. Being LC means I can be active. I hate sitting around and doing nothing so it really suits my lifestyle. It's just a great way of life.
Aitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jrhoden
Stats: 159/157/140
WOE: low carb/high fat
Start Date: 10/18/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyBlue View Post
Hi, I just joined this forum because I've been doing LC for a few months and haven't lost much weight. Actually, I no longer weigh myself, I let my clothes guide me, as I can't stand the disappoint of not seeing the scale move. I'm 63 and losing very slowly. I'm 63, wearing a size 12-14, would like to be slimmer, but doing LC has really helped me with many issues. My energy is better, my GERD is gone, and my tummy is shrinking. I guess I just got caught up in other's fast weight loss while mine is proving to be very slow. But I am feeling better. I'm posting here because I enjoy reading about others in my age group who are dealing with the same thing.
Hi, I'm new to this. Just joined today . Do we just pick someone's comment and reply to it ? Sounds like fun getting to know some new people around the worls and in the states. How do I get started with my little profile on the left hand side ? Thanks, folks.
jrhoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyBlue View Post
I just left a message but I lost it. I'm new to this. Just joined today. Sounds interesting and fun sharing with people all around the world and in the states. Do we just reply to someone's message at random ?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #185
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Hi jrhoden,

When you find a topic you wish to discuss or would like to reply to someone's post or thread, you are more than welcome to click on reply and reply to participate in the discussion or just make a comment.. If you need any help feel free to let us know or click on the contact us button and we will be happy to help!!

Take care and good luck on your weight loss!

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:06 AM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Cheri

I've been on LCHF for 3 months. Losing inches but no weight. However, since I am a senior, I guess it takes longer. I'm in good health, stay active teaching music , walk my dog, etc. so will stay with it. I feel better and have gotten some other friends on it, too. Love cooking new LC recipes !!

Great reading other peoples comments. Helps a lot !!!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maternalone
Stats: 288/288/250
WOE: Ketogenic
How encouraging your story is. Congratulations on your enormous weight loss!!!! Thank you for sharing. I can only aspire to be as successful.
maternalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maternalone
Stats: 288/288/250
WOE: Ketogenic
Peace and blessings Betty. Your story is also so inspiring. I have yet to share mine, but in each one I read, I see a little piece of my own struggle. Keep on on keeping on. We all forget that it's not a destination, but a journey. Sounds like your journey has been generally very successful, your heading in the right direction, that's what matters most.
maternalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:09 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PACarolsue
I went on my first diet at the age of 21 after seeing pictures of myself. I was up to 150 lbs. I didn't know anything about dieting. I ate an egg and a piece of toast for breakfast, cottage cheese for lunch and one serving of whatever my mother cooked for dinner. One piece of meat, one scoop of potatoes and one scoop of veggies. Nothing after dinner. I exercised at the Y two nights a week and lost 25 lbs. In order to keep it off, I started reading diet books including Atkins. I never actually went on induction, but I quickly learned that I should not eat sweets, bread, rice, pasta or potatoes. It became second nature to me. I didn't even think about it. Occasionally I would crave potatoes, so I would go to McD's and get a small fry, eat it, and move on. If I craved ice cream I would go to the conveniece store where they sold ice cream bars separately, eat it and move on. These thing were never bought and brought into the house where I would be tempted to eat til it was gone. Doing this, I maintained this weight loss for 14 years, until I met my husband, Mr Potato Head. He lives on carbs, and never gains an ounce. Gradually, carbs found their way back into my diet and I reached my all time high of 217, when I had open heart surgery. Since then I have lost about 20 lbs, but it's difficult to stay on low carb, living with my husband. I recently stayed on it for about a month, but fell off the wagon on Easter. Finally I decided that if I'm ever going to get healthy again it's going to have to be low carb, which led me to this forum. I need to be in the company of like-minded people, even if it's only in cyberspace.

I'm hoping that this will help me stay on track and I will have some weight loss success as so many of you have had. It's inspiring to read!
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bryce58
Stats: 273/233/176
WOE: LCHF/keto
Start Date: February 2014
Hi. I'm 55 and almost 3 months ago, my Dr mentioned "You are getting near the pre-diabetes stage" and she mentioned reducing carbohydrates. Online research led me to LCHF, eat less than 20g carbs per day. It took some work, but for 11 weeks now, that is what I aim for. Along the way, I have read some outstanding books ( Grain Brain; Good Food, Bad Food; Atkins;etc) and I currently avoid eating grains, bread, pasta, root veges and instead eat Green vegetables or salads and animal protein for each meal. I supplement with a multivitamin and a cup of bone broth daily and a daily walk with my dog. I have lost almost 14kg and have a way to go yet. Almost daily, I lurk on LCHF sites and listen to podcasts about this way of eating. My head is clearer and the weight loss has been conducive to my being more active. I still struggle with the Low Fat indoctrination that I have had and sometimes make Low Fat choices - this is remedied by a dessert spoon of Flaxseed or Olive oil.
Bryce58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 300/246/199
WOE: atkins
Start Date: april 1
i started gainin weight after i had my 3rd child................lol...NOT........I'M A 62 YR OLD FAT MAN TRYIN TO BE FUNNY...270
therealmrheartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: belleadonna
Stats: 164.6/162.4/130
WOE: Moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/16/14
I am 61 years old. I was zero carb for almost a year and lost about 14lbs on it. But I started having some problems with it so I started doing carbs again big time and gained back all of the weight and then some. So now I am back at it and trying to keep it to 50 grams of carbs a day or less. If I can lose weight on that I will stay with 50. If not, I will drop it to 40 and see how that does. I am a dope.
belleadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #193
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sspahn49
I am almost 65 years old and have battled the bulge my whole leife. I have lost 40 lbs on WW and cannot lose the last 10, so I decided to go low-carb. I have cut my carbs to 40 a day and will see what happend. My hubby is doing this as well and needs to lose a little more than me. I just found this site today, been using atkins and ***. There is a lot of great info here, hope to share info and help each other through this journey.
sspahn49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #194
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Totocare2
Stats: 251.4/205.6/125
WOE: Atkins
Hi I'm new to these forums. I've been doing Atkins on and off for decades. I gained over 60 lbs a few years ago when I quit smoking. I'm down 45 but still have over 70 lbs I want to lose. It's been an average of 1.5 lbs a week so slower than ever but I'm prepared for that and not going to get discouraged.
Totocare2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #195
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pandysmom
How can I see the newest posts?

I just joined today and all of the posts I can see are really really old - like 2002, 2004. How can I get to the new stuff?
Thanks a lot!
pandysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #196
Junior LCF Member

uh nevermind.....duh...i see now
Old 07-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #197
Junior LCF Member

Hi there. I'm curious - did you start with the 20 carb two week induction?

Last edited by pandysmom; 07-22-2014 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: tagged to wrong post