Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2005, 02:27 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cf1275
Stats: 235/210/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01-10-05
Thank you for sharing here, TeeKaylo. If it helps no one else, it helped me.

I, too, had over 100 pounds to lose when I began in January this year. It seemed impossible to do, but, hey; the time goes by anyway, doesn't it? Might as well spend some of it trying again. So, I bought Dr. Atkins' book--really just to see what all the "hype" was about (I had given up on losing weight; just wanted to see why Atkins was so popular).

I have lost about 23 lbs now; I haven't eaten "right" for the past 10 days or so, and I feel it. But--I know that it works for me--and how amazing is that?! It isn't something I'm going to fail at. I've felt that from the beginning.

Like almost everyone here, I tried many diets. I was a fat 50s baby--and I have the pictures to prove it! I spent a couple of years being angry that I was MADE FAT by the very person who used to criticize my obesity most; my mother. I think I've gone beyond that now to realize that it doesn't matter how I got fat; it matters how I STAY fat!

I developed arthritis in the early 90s, and the medications the doctors gave me for it ruined my gut. I was able to eat fewer and fewer things, but my weight stayed about the same.

About the middle of last year, I reached a point of no return. I was so miserable, I wanted to just die so I didn't have to suffer any more. Then I took a class at the local university in alternative health. The instructor is a wonderful doctor; a naturopathic physician. I began working with her on repairing my colon (I was heading for a colonectomy and was told by my regular doctor I was high-risk for colon cancer--of course, he only had drugs as a "solution"). I also knew that Type II diabetes was almost inevitable if I kept on that way.

After a few months with my naturopath (and 15 colon irrigations with another health care giver), I began to feel better. The only problem was that, now that I was actually beginning to absorb food, I was gaining weight! (Food goes through me in 7 or 8 hours--not normal, and not good. It means that even though I ate better than most of the people I know, I wasn't getting any value from the food. Hard to believe I could weigh 230 lbs and yet be malnourished!)

I HAD to do something. So, I bought the Atkins book. I can't tell you what a relief it was to FINALLY learn that my lifelong problem had a name: carbohydrate addiction. I've spent years seeing therapists off an on and spent a small fortune on self-help books trying to understand why I couldn't get past that glass ceiling that kept me craving chips, gravy, chocolate, and all the other high-carb foods that seemed to hold me enslaved.

It is so wonderful--reading posts here from others like me, and knowing that they DID it! I'm so grateful. It feels like my life has changed from heading towards defeat and death to heading for life!

Failure is not an option.

Christy

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2005, 10:00 AM   #32
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: SweetCinnamon
Stats: 188/122/125
WOE: early *Doctor* Atkins
Start Date: 4/1/04
Since I figure a 5 lb leeway is reasonable I am declaring myself at goal!

TeeKaylo, Linda, and jezzie were just a few of my inspirations back when I was lurking. So due to their posts I changed my whole food outlook. I decided I'd be better off not exchanging one junk food for another. I ate clean.
At pre-maintenance I knew I'd rather add higher carb vegetables in than the grains or extra lo carb treats.

My pre-maintenance was done slowly as Dr. Atkins suggested so I don't expect maintaining to be any problem.
Love, Love, Love this diet. And I'm honored to join the ranks of Linda, Loretta, Vickie, Barb, etc.

Cinnamon
SweetCinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:32 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Cinnamon.[COLOR=Blue]Congratulations on making goal[/COLOR]New you could do it. Bravo!
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:51 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: oow-woo
Stats: 155/167.2!! /157/135 5'3.5" 56y.o.
Start Date: 4/7/99
CONGRATULATIONS Cinnamon (AND all of you!!!). I don't know why I never noticed this thread, but what a wonderful inspiration all of you are

After reading all of these posts, I truly wonder why I haven't had the same success -- I really love the Atkins plan--even Induction which I have been doing for the last month to no avail--still playing with the same 1-2 lbs and feel as though I'm spinning my wheels. All of this is probably my own darned fault from so many years of 'no fat' lowfat diets. My body seems to have a 'set point' of 147 no matter how hard I exercise or how close I follow ANY plan. I started April 7, 1999.... at 155. Actually even went up to 165 (while following strict lowcarb)-- found out I had a thyroid problem. Still couldn't seem to lose on even the strictest levels (Atkins '72 plan). Finally went on Lean for Life-- lowcarb and lowerfat -- managed to lose 18 lbs but for some strange reason started to regain (still following plan).
Maybe a cutback in meds initiated the 'regain' last fall.... That's why I finally tried Burn the fat feed the muscle... to no avail (my heartburn returned). Back to Atkins '72 STRICT induction a month ago (and I even ditched the salad AND veggies to achieve ketosis). Still nothing. So, as of yesterday (4-6-05), I am giving Lean for Life another shot.... maybe I have to rotate plans...

Carol
oow-woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 07:44 AM   #35

Gallery: la.lady
Stats: 184.8 /172.8/ 155/-5' 7"
WOE: God's Plan/ LC / Loving the way I feel!!
Start Date: 8/1/12 / I'm losing it, pounds that is !!!
Carol, I know how you feel. I have thyroid problems and Atkin's wasn't good for me either. I now do my own thing. Hopefully I will have success with it... LOL
la.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:47 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Jewels
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Cinnamon[/COLOR], [COLOR=Orange]congratulations on making goal.[/COLOR] Well done!!!
Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:24 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pwblue
Stats: 232/186.5/165
Start Date: June 2003
Ditto on CONGRATULATIONS to all

My story is similar to so many.. yo yo, WW, Nutrisystem etc. Lose a little and put it right back on. I also did Atkins in the 70's and lost weight but then went right back to way of eating and put it all on and then some. My husband died in 1986 and it seemed I just didn't have any incentive to watch my weight. I went up to 232 and felt really rotten. I finally decided in June of 2003 that I was going on Atkins again and made up my mind I was going to stick with it. I have several things against me, my age 68, low thyroid, arthritis in both knees which have limited exercise and medication for what the Neurologist thinks was focal seizures that I had.
I have only lost 47 pounds in two years and I very rarely cheated, a slice of pie at Thanksgiving and Christmas, a SMALL piece of birthday cake at 5 birthdays during the year. I had one stall for over four months but kept at it, I had made up my mind this was my WOE for life. I have to keep my carbs below 20 but I am beginning to lose again, VERY SLOWLY, but at least I am losing. I have discovered all these encouraging sites on the bulletin board and this has really helped me a lot. It was so encouraging to hear how some of you who had 100# to lose have done so well.
I check the boards every day and get encouragement every day which I am sure is why I started losing again, not much just a pound a week, but at least it is something.
pwblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:57 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

pwblue! CONGRATULATIONS on that fantastic 47lb weight loss--that is just wonderful! I'm sure you will be very successful in reaching your goal--this is a great board for support and commraderie.

Carol
Old 06-30-2005, 05:57 AM   #39
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: saige
Stats: 199/129/131
WOE: atkins (DADR) - Maintenance
Start Date: 10/01/03
Guess I earned the right to post a testimony. I made goal this month.

It was a long haul. I kept it simple. Very few low carb desserts or treats. I think they are counter productive.

I knew I could do this because Linda did it and she ate a lot of food. I was impressed by her comon sense approach. I don't believe in magic bullets.

Jezzie's positive attitude and quote helped me. TeeKaylo was an inspiration. And my friend Cinnamon kept challenging me.

But in the end I knew it was up to me to make the right decisions and put things in perspective.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:08 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nonnagen
Stats: 248/220/150
WOE: atkins
Start Date: July 2005
Hi Kate, sounds like u and I have similiar stories. Have spent these 2 weeks skipping and hopping finding substitutes for goodies instead of just sticking to the induction plan. So tomorrw I start again and hope to get through the 2 weeks induction. Don't know why I just don't do it. I have to keep trying. I also live in the NE, Cape Cod area, Good luck to u and all on this board
gen
nonnagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:43 AM   #41
chilegal

Gallery: chilegal
I really enjoyed reading your post. The thought of this feling like an extended family is awesome. I am new just joined in July. I started low carb mid June. I am down 23lbs. Have over 80 to go! But, one day at a time...right? I am trying to use this site daily now for support and to just look at the pictures. Like your idea about looking for clothes you want to buy someday! Hope to see less of you! ) Chilegal
Old 08-06-2005, 10:02 AM   #42
chilegal

Gallery: chilegal
Hi, I just got all excited. I saw that Carol...oo-woo is from Cape Coral. If you get this posting would you please try and respond. I would appreciate your online friendship and support. New, just joined in July, stated June 15th...down 23lbs! Hope to hear from you! Chilegal ( Lynn)
Old 08-07-2005, 12:45 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Lynn! Good thing I saw Janie's welcome thread for you--I may have missed your first post otherwise (so much to read here, that I rarely get to all of it--especially on the weekends. :blush:
Anyway, its great to have you join our group----I sent you a PM (private message).

Carol
Old 08-16-2005, 05:56 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TinyTash
Stats: 203/143/144
WOE: '92 Atkins
Start Date: 5/1/04 -- made Goal 7/3/05
Testimony

I'm not sure exactly what a testimony is. This kind of looks like roll call. I'll take my cue from Saige and assume this is where you post your story when you make goal.

I decided this morning to forget about the last 3 pounds. I'm happy at 144 so I changed the last number instead of trying to make the middle one. (I weighed myself twice in the last six weeks and both times I was 144.)

I guess my story is very similar to Saige's. I believe it's a do it yourself job. And I ate clean but didn't exercise. I wasn't a chronic cheater but have never been obsessive about this weight loss stuff either.

From the time I've spent here (mostly lurking) it seems most people seem to have difficulty maintaining. Many maintainers seem to be trying to lose 3-5 more lbs. over and over. I hope eating the way I've been eating all along will keep me fairly stable weight wise without struggling.

Guess that's about it.

Tasha
Old 08-16-2005, 06:14 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Tasha--that is a great post! I applaud you for having the sense to stop where you and your body are most comfortable Congratulations for a spectacular weight loss and best of all maintenance. I could learn a lesson from you. I've been bouncing between 143-146 for the last several months- eating clean, exercising and maybe this is my 'ideal' weight--who knows.

Carol
Old 01-02-2006, 05:23 AM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Patio34
Stats: 184/184/120
WOE: Mod-Low carbs
Start Date: 12/26/05
I've been yo-yo dieting since age 13, but never had a serious weight problem until about age 30.

Since then, I've lost 50 lbs. at least four times via intermittent fasting & then regained. Then about 3 years ago, I lost 50 again by a sensible plan of my own, but it quit working in about 1 1/2 years, bcs of reintroducing more carbs in looking back.

Now, I have about 50 to lose again (or 60!). I've mostly always exercised, ran a marathon, have gone to the gym for two years, walked 40 minutes a day---but it doesn't compensate for eating carbs it seems.

Thru a health program at work, syndrome X was discovered. THAT answers why exercise and "moderate" low-calorie diets don't work. The cravings that roller-coaster blood sugar causes ruin will power eventually.

I've avoided low-carb, though I dabbled with it in past, because of having had cancer 7 years ago and have some dietary restrictions now. There are 3 major reasons for watching what I eat: changes caused by cancer, pre-diabetes, and insomnia.

But, sick of being uncomfortable and unhealthy and feeling out of control and cravings and . . . well, you probably know--am trying Atkins-types again. Have been easing into it by low-to-moderate carbs and am patient for any weight loss. Heck, even if it's one pound a week, that'll be great.

This board is one of the best I've seen and it's a big boost I've printed out so many recipes and waiting patiently for my Carbquik to try others. Visiting here daily is comparable to weight-loss meetings, but even better, imo, because of the huge variety of posts, plus ability to express ourselves more than a regular meeting (have tried Weight Watchers and Overeaters Anonymous).

Also, I'm reading a lot of books and gotten several cookbooks recommended here. Some of my favorites: of course Atkins, Living the Low-Carb Life, and Dana Carpender's cookbooks.

I'm glad I've found this board for support.
Patio34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:45 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Pat! Glad you have joined us. Step on in and make yourself comfortable. Most of us struggle or have struggled and many have great success stories and support for those of us that need it.

I would caution against using much of those frankenfoods, like Carbquik. Heck, I wanted it to be true too and used it. It drove up my blood sugar and stopped weight loss. The secret, for me and others, is to stay away from anything carby and anything sweet. Get the craving and taste for them out of your system. I suspect that those of us who struggle the most and are not enjoying a weight loss are eating too many frankenfoods, thinking that we can have the no-nos we crave and still lose weight. I stay away from the artificial sweetners and sugar alcohols too. Both drive up blood sugar; I know because I test my bs frequently. Plus these man-made chemicals are harmful to the body.....as most neuro-toxins are. There is nothing better for our bodies and health than REAL foods.....meats and low glycemic veggies. Many people are successful with Atkins and I hope you will be too. I couldn't lose anything after being on Atkins Induction for months. Some friends on this board suggested I try Lean For Life which is a more balanced woe. I lost weight every week on it. Then came the Rosedale diet, coconut oil and other healthy modifications after I began researching medical issues relevant to me. So if Atkins doesn't seem to work for you, keep in mind that all our bodies are different and that there are other options out there. Again welcome.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sandylp
Stats: 193/109/110
Start Date: 04/04/2005
My experience is much like that of LoveMontana on page 1. I was due to have knee surgery, and I decided to lose weight in April of 2005. I lost 73 lbs in approximately 7 months by eating low carb. I had tried the Atkins diet about a year before and lost 20 lbs, but soon went back to my old way of eating and quickly gained the weight back. This time, however, I was motivated by my health, so I tried it again...with one difference. I stayed away from those delicious low carb chocolate bars and any other processed foods labeled to be low carb. I concentrated on natural, non-processed foods and lost about two lbs a week. Like LoveMontana, I never cheated. Only now do I allow myself a weekly low carb chocolate treat. I started out at 193 and now weigh 120 lbs. I'd like to lose another 5 lbs, eventually, but I'm very happy with what I've achieved so far. The low carb diet has just been an over-all pleasant experience. I've eaten, and still eat, delicious foods that completely satisfy me and take away any cravings for sugar. I never thought that losing weight could be so easy and effortless. Sandy

Last edited by sandylp; 01-07-2006 at 01:56 PM..
sandylp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:44 PM   #49
Mr. Nice Guy

Gallery: Tyrone Bill
Stats: 350/270/200
WOE: Protein Power Plan
Start Date: May '02(370/185/170) Restart: 06/1/09(350/270/200)
Hi everyone,
My name is Bill, and unlike many who were overweight most of their lives. I was the athletic skinny kid next door. But due to some serious injuries I received early in my life, I found myself unable to stay nearly as physically active as I once was. Although I still had the appetite of an athlete. Over the years my weight crept up to 340 pounds on a five foot eight inch frame. I knew I was overweight but denial kept me from taking a good look at myself. Then one day while at a doctors appointment at the local Veterans hospital I witnessed my doctor write these words in my medical chart, "morbidly obese." It woke me up and that is when I decided I had to do something or die at a young age. I asked my doctor for help, but nothing worked. He finally suggested low carb. I hadn't heard of it before because to tell you the truth I never even thought of losing weight. I thought it was useless because I couldn't even walk at this point. A combination of my weight and disablities. We decided on Protein Power. So in early May 2002, I started my journey. From the start I did great. When I hit the seventy pound loss point I was able to walk with the assistance of two canes. By January of 2005 I had lost 105 pounds bringing my weight to 235 pounds. I was doing great and decided to reward myself with one of my indulgences of pre-Lcing days. Just a little Ben & Jerry's. Weeeeeellllll, 6 months later and about 15 regained pounds, I found myself restarting my WOE. Since my restart in early July, I've been true to my WOE and have gotten my weight down to my present 204 pounds for a total of 136 pounds lost. I learned my lesson from that little cheat. And that lesson was that I can't cheat. So from my restart date of July 7, 2005 to the present I have remained cheat free. Bringing my cheat free days to a grand total of 216. I still use two canes to get around but now it's only because of my disabilities and not my bulk.
Sorry for the length of this post, I hadn't intended to be so long winded.

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."~ Jim Rohn

My Facebook

Bill
Tyrone Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:46 AM   #50

Gallery: la.lady
Stats: 184.8 /172.8/ 155/-5' 7"
WOE: God's Plan/ LC / Loving the way I feel!!
Start Date: 8/1/12 / I'm losing it, pounds that is !!!
Bill, thanks so much for sharing your story with us and we are so proud of you. Keep up the good work. LOL
la.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eggonmyface
Stats: 270/127
WOE: Dr. A
Start Date: JUNE 2004
Hi my name is Su and I'm a food addict. (i always wanted to say that)
I have never been skinny or average, although my adult weight has been as low as 130lbs, I was always fat. It has taken this long for me to accept that I am very small boned and at 5'4" I need to weight very little. For me, it has always been
all or nothing" In other words if I could not be thin then what was the difference--fat is fat, right? Thinking like this I let myself get to 270lbs. Funny I never saw in the mirror was other saw or maybe I just didn't look. At some point my cholestrol hit over 350. At that point, my lowest in life, I truly called on the Lord and He heard my plea. I have lost over 120 pounds and the only thing I can tell you is that at my darkest moment Giod was able to come in! When I meet my goal I would like to work as a life coach to others who have suffered long and hard. There is so much life I missed out on, like going to wedding, and if I can help anyone not live this lonely life then this is what I believe God has fit for me to so. There are so many nice people on this board and I just chose this moment to introduce myself. Thanks for reading
Old 02-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Su! I'm sure you will enjoy this group--so many really great friends.
Hope to see you post often, so we can get to know you.
Carol
Old 03-28-2006, 06:14 AM   #53
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: FebDeb
Stats: 236 in 2001; 205/205/160
WOE: Physician Prescribed
Start Date: Restart October 2009
Back Again and Again and Again

It's been over a year since I visited, and much longer then that since I even thought about taking care of myself. It has been a horrific year, one I couldn't have imagined in even the worst of my nightmares, but it will pass.

Needless to say I'm heavier then I was a year ago, but still not back to the highest ever. So, for my health and my confidence I am back on Atkins and the naysayers be --------.

Good to see some old friends and new faces here.

Judy
FebDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:43 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy-- I'm delighted to see you here this morning, but so very sorry that you have had such an incredibly upsetting year. Please join us when you can--the support here is just wonderful.

Take good care.
Carol
Old 04-16-2006, 07:45 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: greenrn
Stats: 288/281/270/145
WOE: Low Carb (20 carbs a day)
Start Date: 03/22/06 09/22/10 01/09/2012
Hi Su and All,
Hope this Easter Day finds you all doing the things you love and being with the one's you want to spend the day with. I say that because I have spent many years being with my husbands family every holiday, instead of being with my parents(sisters, brothers) or my childern(from a 1st marriage). Altho I am working today, I plan to spend the next Holiday Mother's Day with my parents. I like the new me, because I am trying very hard to do what I want instead of what my husband wants.
Don't forget to eat Eggs today. Remember today Jesus is Risen.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pcola Girl
Stats: Start-325 Today-225 Goal 160
Start Date: Sarted Nov. 2000---Restarted New January 2008
It was so nice reading everyone post here. I know we have all struggled with our weight and its hard to get it off to but I do believe low carb is the best plan to be on, I know it is for me.
I have been on every diet in the world, loss some but always gained it back but not with low carb. I began low carb in Nov. 2000 and have kept the weight off that I loss.That was a miracle for me because I have never keep my weight off that long before.
I have learned alot over the years about my weight, ways to eat properly and lose it in a healthy way. This was something I never did before with any diet, I just always dove right into a diet and starved myself mostly to lose but not with low carb. I educated myself on it first and then began it.
You still have to have the right mind set in order to lose the weight, it will not be easy for you until you do. You have to have the determination and drive to do it and never give up when you may feel that you failed..You are never a failure until you quit....
So never quit and you will not be a failure. If i quit everytime I ate something wrong i would still be 325 lbs. but I always picked myself back up and keep going forward one day at a time and never looked back on my failures. You need to do that to in order to achieve what you have set out to do.
I am in my 6th. year now on low carb and i don't think about eating any other way anymore. It has almost seem to come natural to me to eat like I do now. There are times I may want something sweet to eat and i will have it but only one bite and thats all and then I will go months and not want it again...Thats just one way I have learned how to control my appetite. It may not work for you but it does for me. You just have to find what works best for you and that will come with trial and error.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS NEVER GIVE UP...

We did not get fat overnight and we will not lose it overnight either so have patience and it will come to you....
Old 05-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: greenrn
Stats: 288/281/270/145
WOE: Low Carb (20 carbs a day)
Start Date: 03/22/06 09/22/10 01/09/2012
MaryT60,

Very nice!

Paula
greenrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:33 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pcola Girl
Stats: Start-325 Today-225 Goal 160
Start Date: Sarted Nov. 2000---Restarted New January 2008
Hi Paula. I sometimes have to keep remembering how long I have been doing this low carb plan and what it means to me so I won't get side tracked with it.
I know we all on the board here work hard to achieve the results we have. Its not a easy task to lose weight...
I feel we are all winners here.
Pcola Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:05 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mjmm37
southbeach diet

I just started the south beach,and after the first two days I was not really hungry.I'm still not sure about low carbs.Like how many carbs should a person have a day. Also,I haven't found any recipes I like.Is there a book on carbs like there is on low fat diets? I also have tried every diet that came out,even pills.I have a grandson getting married in Oct.2007,so I hope this is the answer for me.I'll let everybody know how I'm doing.Love reading how everyone is doing on their low cab diets.
mjmm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:53 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmm37 View Post
I just started the south beach,and after the first two days I was not really hungry.I'm still not sure about low carbs.Like how many carbs should a person have a day. Also,I haven't found any recipes I like.Is there a book on carbs like there is on low fat diets? I also have tried every diet that came out,even pills.I have a grandson getting married in Oct.2007,so I hope this is the answer for me.I'll let everybody know how I'm doing.Love reading how everyone is doing on their low cab diets.
mjmm! Did you see the recipe room on this board? Scroll to the upper right and check out the recipes here--quite a few very good ones! Also, you might check into our daily threads (i.e. menu, exercise, roll call), and ask there as many of the gals have lowcarb cookbooks and recipes that are quite wonderful. Lowcarb is definitely the way to go---(healthier)---now you can do various 'forms' of lowcarb --some (Atkins for example), start out a little more restricted but for some people I think it is the best way to eliminate cravings. However, each person has their own 'critical carbohydrate level' (i.e. how many carbs they can eat without re-gaining weight---also depends on what kind of carbs you are using). Go for the most basic foods that are un-processed and you really can't go wrong.

Good luck and hope to see you here often!

Carol