2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 small onion -- sliced
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 pound can drained salmon
1 cup heavy cream

Empty Knox, lemon juice, onion and boiling water into blender. Cover and blend at high speed. Add mayo and blend again. Add salmon and 1/3 of the cream at a time and blend after each addition. Pour into oiled mold and chill till solid

to unmold, do NOT put into hot water. Run a thin knife around and let sit inverted for 10 minutes.

I serve this with a sauce made from chopped drained cukes, dill and sour cream, or with a mild guacamole.

I used to serve it on mini rye or pumpernickle breads, but I think we will switch to sliced on the diagonal cukes.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2004, 05:37 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
instant "Rice" Pudding!

Quick and Easy!

1 cup of heavy cream
1 tsp of Splenda to taste
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tbsp of sf shredded coconut

Mix first 3 ingredients together in a small bowl.
Soak the dried coconut in this for at least 1/2 an hour.
Enjoy!

A quick fix for dessert!

SuSUN
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:55 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Kathy4HIM
Stats: 271.5/256.2/170
WOE: low carb
Start Date: re-start Jan. 2007
HOMEMADE KETCHUP

Ketchup......making it from scratch......a time consuming job, but, not a "hard" job (if that makes any sense at all).

I kid folks and say the first step is to plant tomatoes! If you don't have a garden you will need to get nice, ripe homegrown tomatoes perhaps at a farmer's market. I prefer Roma's for this project, however, any kind that is good and ripe will do.

I put in celery and onions and peppers to cook right along with the tomatoes. I grow my own-------but you can get yours from whatever source is best for you.

Wash and chop them coarsely....I just kinda hunk them. Then I get my hands in the pot (LARGE POT....the biggest you own!) and squish some so that I can cook them without adding water. You want to cook the tomatoes until they are tender. Use a medium to medium-low heat and stir occasionally. You do NOT want these to stick and/or scorch.

Now....let's juice the tomato mixture. If you have done this in the past you will have your own method. I do mine by running 1/2 a blender-full at a time on high (hold the lid on or the steam will pop it off!....wonder HOW I KNOW THAT!??!?! ). Then run through a sieve or food mill to remove seeds and skin.

Ok....now you have a beautiful juice.......put it on the stove and start boiling it down. Low heat........stirring once in a while. Do this until it is reduced by half before going on to the next step.

Here is where you have to experiment........I can tell you what I put in but I cannot tell you AMOUNTS...sorry!! LOL But, just add and taste and add and taste, ok? Experiment!

You will put white vinegar in a separate saucepan and add to that mixed pickling spice and stick cinnamon and boil it for five minutes......remove from heat and add sugar (or Splenda!)......strain this and add this to your juice that should be bubbling merrily and reducing.

COOK COOK COOK COOK.......reduce reduce REDUCE...you will know when you have the consistency you are wanting...........if I begin my ketchup in the morning around 8 or so.......I am actually canning it around ten at night. I do not "process" it......I just add the hot hot hot ketchup to hot jars and add hot lid and ring.

If this is not clear enough please ask questions as necessary, ok? If you make this I will warn you that you will NEVER go back to store bought ketchup!

Kathy
Kathy4HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:15 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

OK...I wanted to hop on here and say that I was totally rushing when I put up the ketchup recipe and didn't add that you will want to add spices to YOUR taste...........................such as a little cayenne pepper, salt, coarse ground black pepper, crushed red pepper..........

Kathy
Old 05-26-2004, 03:22 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Strawberry Jam (refrigerate)

Ingredients
1 pint ripe strawberries
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 c water
1 envelop unflavored gelatin (1/4 oz)
5 pkts Equal or Splenda to taste

Preparing:
Heat berries in pan w/lemon juice...simmer about 3 min. In a bowl, pour water over gelatin and soften for about 1 min then add this to berries and remove from heat. Add in Equal. Store this in frig. Keep covered. Will stay fresh for several weeks.. 1 gram carb per Tbsp.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:26 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

For a frozen strawberry jam (my favorite) I don't think you can beat the recipe on the Sure Jel box for freezer jam. Also, VERY good made with ripe peaches!

If you desire a cooked jam........I do not use a jelling agent in mine..........for strawberry I would stem and slice my berries....put into a pot and mash some to create a juice and begin cooking. Add Splenda to taste and continue cooking until desired consistency.

You can preserve this by canning the hot jam in hot jars. Should have no problem with sealing. IF you have some that don't seal (I have never had this......) you can "process" in boiling water bath for 20--30 minutes.

Kathy
Old 05-26-2004, 03:32 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Pear Preserves

4 pounds pears (whole, halved or quartered)
4 cups water
4 cups SPLENDA
2 lemons sliced thin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)

Boil 2 cups sugar (splenda) and 2 cups water together for 15 minutes. Add pears and sliced lemon and cook 15 minutes. Add remaining splenda and water and cook until pears are clear and transparent and syrup is thick. Pack into clean, sterile hot jars and seal at once.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:35 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

4 Fruit Spread

1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 box (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin (with this type berry you wil want to use the pectin or it will be too runny)
7 cups Splenda (or to taste)

Crush berries in a large kettle. Stir in pectin; bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in Splenda; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Should seal by itself....if not......... Process for 20 minutes in a boiling-water bath
Old 05-26-2004, 03:43 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Cherry Conserve

1 quart pitted sweet cherries
2 oranges peeled
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 1/2 cups Splenda
water

Separate oranges into sections and chop fine. Places oranges and juice in a sauce pan, cover with water and cook until oranges are soft. Cool. Stir in cherries, lemon juice and Splenda.

Bring to a boil and cook until thick and clear or until juice sheets from a spoon. Pour into clean hot sterilized jars. Seal.

Delicious on toast or as a accompaniment to meat dishes
Old 06-02-2004, 06:49 PM   #70

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Here is that wonderful Victoria Cake. You can also use berries cooked down with splenda instead of the apricots or just use the plain cake as a base for shortcake. Play with the extracts a bit too. Try Rum and top with whipped cream. YUMMM

Apricot and Almond Cream Cake

Katy Wheeler

This recipe is based on a traditional British cake called a Victoria Sandwich Cake. Victoria Sandwich Cake is a plain, or yellow, cake which is baked in two pans and then sandwiched together with whipped cream and strawberry jam.

This is my version for low-carbers, which is made with canned apricots instead of jam and ground almonds instead of flour. I challenge any non low-carber to realize that it isn't a regular cake!

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup splenda or to taste
5 eggs (at room temperature)
2 cups ground almonds (almond flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 apricot halves from a can of apricots in water or SF berry jam

Directions:
Butter and line two 8-inch round baking pans with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix the first seven ingredients (plus almond extract, if using) together in a food processor until smooth. Divide the mixture between the two baking pans, level the tops and bake for about 30 minutes until firm in the center. Remove from the oven and leave on a cooling rack for five minutes before loosening with a knife and turning out onto the racks. Peel off the baking paper and leave to cool completely.

When cooled, whip the cream until fairly thick and "spreadable." Drain the apricots and chop into small chunks, then mix them into the whipped cream. Turn one of the cakes upside down and spread the cream mixture over it (like buttering a piece of bread!) Place the other cake on top of the cream and press lightly to sandwich the cakes together. Serve cut into wedges. Serves 10.

Per serving (one slice): 6.2g carbohydrates; 2.4g fiber; 7.3g protein; 34.7g fat; 355 calories
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:18 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blkats7
Stats: 229/199/150
Start Date: Jan 2008
Hood's Low Carb Milk

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, but I thought I would share the this terrific product. I really miss having a little milk in my coffee, though I know I can have cream the carbs still mount up. I bought this new product made by Hood's dairy. It is a low carb milk that contains only 3 carbs per 8 oz. It is so good. I even performed the "hidden carb" test and it passed. Have any of you tried it yet? Please don't tell me that there is some awful thng about it,LOL. I also used it to make my own Ranch dressing and it is great and very low carb.

Eileen

PS: Some of these recipies sound wonderful. Once off induction I really want to try some of them.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:18 AM   #72

Spiedies

Yield:4 Servings
Ingredients:
Amount Ingredient
Your choice of meat into cubes, about 1-1/2" or so (see instructions)
----------------- THE SAUCE ----------------
8 x Bay leaves (crumbled up)
4 tsp Oregano
8 x Cloves (small) fresh garlic, minced
1/2 cup Lemon juice
1/2 cup Salad oil or fruity olive oil (preferred)
3/4 cup Vinegar (any variety)
1 tsp Pepper
3 tsp Salt (or to taste)

Instructions:
Instructions: The Meat: Cut your choice of meat into cubes, about 1-1/2" or so. Boneless skinless chicken breast comes out very tender, but most meats (lamb, pork, beef, venison) will make fine spiedies. If you use beef, use a more tender cut so that it doesnt come out too tough. Veal, especially, may come out tough unless left to marinate for several (3 to 4) days. Mixing two or more meats is very tasty. Even some kinds of fish steaks (salmon, shark) have been used, but these need only "marinate" for a half hour or so; or, just brush on the marinade from another batch while grilling.

The Sauce: Most bottled commercial spiedie mixtures, such as Salamidas, are both expensive and use a little too much oil for some tastes. This recipe (actually a vinaigrette) produces a more tangy sauce, and will marinate anywhere from one to three pounds of meat.

Mix all ingredients together in a non-metallic dish. Add meat, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours; stir occasionally.

Olive oil will solidify when refrigerated, so remove the spiedies once or twice per day to allow the oil to melt, then stir.

Spiedies can be left marinating for 2 to 5 days; some claim that they can be left for a week or more! (Longer marinating may help make beef & veal more tender.) Add more marinade if required.

To Cook: Purists insist that spiedies must be skewered, shishkebab style, and grilled on the barbecue for just a few minutes. Brush marinade on them occasionally. Do not overcook! The marinated meat (especially chicken)

takes on a color that makes it difficult to tell when its done.

Health considerations suggest that you do
*not* use leftover marinade on your spiedies at the serving table, since the raw meat will leave all manner of unhealthy bacteria in it; reserve some of the marinade (or make a fresh batch) to serve at table.

Spiedies are best eaten on large sliced hunks of French or Italian bread; the accepted method is to grasp the bread in one hand, place the skewer inside it, and pull the skewer out, leaving the spiedies inside the bread.Not for low carbers..LOL

(Certainly, it saves time!) Kids, however, often prefer to eat them right off the skewer.

Leftovers (if any) keep well in the fridge for several days.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:46 AM   #73
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: murflaw
Stats: 200/153/135
WOE: LC
Start Date: 01/05/04...restart 12/16/07
PESTO CHICKEN ROLLUPS

I came up with this so I could use some of the masses of basil I have growing right now. It was truly yummy.

PESTO CHICKEN ROLLUPS

PESTO
(362 calories; 38 g fat; 2 g carbs; 6 g protein)

2Tbl Olive Oil
4 Tbl Fresh Basil
2 Tbl Pine Nuts
1 Tbl Parmesan (I was out of fresh, so used the stuff in a can)

I put all these in a mini chopper and blended till nuts were chopped up small. This is enough pesto for two skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Recipe can be doubled at will.

ROLLUPS

Pound out 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts till they're about 3/8" thick. Spread 1/2 of pesto on each breast. Now add 1 Tbl ricotta cheese to each breast. Roll up the breast around the cheese and fasten with toothpicks.

Heat 2 Tbl bacon grease or olive oil in a saute pan. Saute chicken rollups till lightly browned all over. Then transfer pan to preheated 350 degree oven and continue cookie till breasts are done (maybe 10 minutes - the breasts are thin enough to cook quickly).

I used the bacon grease and served mine over a bed of raw spinach. I poured the grease over the spinach and added a bit of balsamic vinegar to make a nice hot spinach dressing.

Total counts for the dish will vary depending on whether you use olive oil or bacon grease; how big your chicken breasts are; and which ricotta you use (they vary).

This was a spur of the moment thing, but I will definitely be making it again soon.

-beth
murflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:21 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Joplin38
Stats: 205/187/162
Start Date: 1/07/03
Dill Pesto

For the pesto:
1 bunch fresh dill, washed, stemmed, and chopped (save a few dill sprigs for garnish)
1 bunch fresh basil, washed, stemmed, and chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
2 strips lemon zest (1/2 by 2 inches)
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon coarse salt, or more to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
Lemon wedges, for serving

Mix in food processor. After putting in a container, put a light layer of olive oil on top to keep the color.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:44 PM   #75

Sherries decadent brownies
1 cup butter
3 tbsp oil
1 1/4 cups *Splenda or Steele's Maltitol Crystals
2 tbsp vanilla
9 tbsp cocoa powder
4 large eggs
1 cup ground almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
dash salt

Topping

8 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons Splenda
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
(I add some unsweetened cocoa power and/or some orange or other great extracts.) Experiment here gang.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until extremely smooth & add splenda, add the egg & vanilla extract: mix well. Set aside.

Oven-350*F
Butter a 9"x13" pan, set aside.

In a large saucepan, melt the butter & chocolate & oil over very low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
Stir in the Splenda/Maltitol & vanilla.

Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Stir in almond flour, baking powder & salt; mix well.
Spread into the prepared pan.

Carefully spoon the cream cheese filling over the brownie base; lightly swirl filling with a knife to create a pattern. Bake approximately 24 minutes minutes or until set.

Test with a toothpick.
Cool completely then cut into squares.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:01 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CorgiGirl
Stats: 181/164.75/107/110
WOE: Atkins (began Atkins at 164.75)
Start Date: June 9, 2003
Zuchinni Bread (variation of Dottie's Pumpkin Pound Cake)

Ingredients:
1 cup packed shredded zuchinni
1 cup splenda powder
5 each large eggs
6 ounces ground almonds (2 cups almond "flour") (I prefer to use walnuts to make the flour for this recipe)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp ea of cinnamon and allspice but you can use whatever spice you like

How to Prepare:
Preheat oven to 300f. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and sprinkle 2T of the splenda in the pan*. Set aside.

Beat zuchinni, baking powder, vanilla and spice with the splenda until smooth. Beat in eggs then almond flour. Add a little water IF needed to make it a thick, but pourable batter. (Note: I have never had to add the water)
Pour into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. It will pull away from the sides of the pan and "test" done with a toothpick when it's cooked correctly.

*NOTE: I line the loaf pan with aluminum foil then spray with PAM and then dust with 2Tbs of Splenda. It is done when knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Since ovens vary, start checking for doneness after 45 min.
Vickie
[color=green]Proverbs 3:5,6; Acts 2:37,38[/color]
CorgiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:13 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShamrockSusie
Stats: 258/248/155
WOE: South Beach/10,000 Steps
Start Date: Restart-August 2004
Low Carb Cool Whip Recipes

Here is the link to the Cool Whip Low Carb recipe website:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/coolwhip/c...ing_carbs.html
ShamrockSusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:22 AM   #78

Quick and easy sauce recipes....

Marinara Sauce

2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon onion powder

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic until tender. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano, parsley, Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese, bay leaves and onion powder. Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 40 minutes.

I like this one even better.

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 large minced garlic cloves
3/4 very finely minced onion
1 lb sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup dry red wine
dash of salt
2 - 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes ( Red Pack are best)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

sauté the onion and garlic for about 3 minutes, add mushrooms until they give up the liquid. Raise heat slightly and reduce liquid, add wine. Continue cooking until the liquid is almost fully reduced. Add tomatoes, salt and peppers. Bring to a boil...reduce heat and simmer for at least 1/2 hr.

We sometimes add our homemade meat balls and/or Italian Sausage and serve over spaghetti squash.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:17 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slots
Stats: 181/130/125ish
Start Date: 8/21/2003
Mock Creamy Horseradish Sauce

Mock Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size : 16

1/3 Cup Sour Cream
1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Teaspoons Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dry Mustard -- Old English
1 Tablespoon Onion -- grated

Mix all 5 ingredients together 5-6 hours ahead of time.
Doesn't taste good until it sits for a while.

GREAT on Pork, Chicken, and Beef Roast.

NOTES :
Makes about 1 Cup.
Serving size is 1 Tablespoon.
Carbs only a "trace'

This has a slight "kick" to it like a hint of Chinese mustard.
Sub dry hot Chinese mustard for a real hot "zinger"

I love this stuff and even dip veggies in it.
Slots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 05:22 AM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Jalepeno Poppers-350 degree oven.

Jalepeno Peppers (bought 10 at the Farmers'Market so used them all)
8 oz cream cheese
Sliced bacon, 1/2 slice for each 1/2 jalepeno.
Onion or Garlic powder.
Wash and drain peppers. Cut off the stem end. Slice lengthwise in half and scoop out the seeds and membrane. (Do not rub your eyes while doing )

Fill each half with cream cheese. Sprinkle with garlic or onion powder. Wrap bacon piece round and round and put each on a cookie sheet.

Bake until bacon is quite done. Drain on paper towel.

These could be completely prepared ahead and refrigerated. Then, brought out and baked. These would be awesome appetizers but we had as a side dish.
Joplin38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Pecan Crusted Catfish.

I started out to make a more complicated recipe like this and simplified it for myself. It was really good.

4 catfish fillets
1/2 c each of crushed pecans and almond flour, combined.
1-2 eggs beaten with 1/4 c. water
Lemon
cajun seasoning
Canola oil

Dip filets in egg mixture, then in pecan mixture, then sprinkle on cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Put oil in large skillet and heat to med-med high. Saute filets until golden brown. Turn and drizzle with lemon juice. Continue browning until other side is golden and fish flakes. That's it. I don't think they need a sauce but could serve with lemon wedge.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:41 PM   #82

[COLOR=blue]Basic Low carb ice cream [/COLOR]

You may add unsweetened cocoa powder..about 1/3 cup to this, while it is cooking, or add different flavorings or fresh berries. It's really good with maple extract and walnuts or pecans.

for a 1 1/2 quart capacity machine...Wwe picked ours up at Wal Mart on summer clearance sale for $16.00 and got the kind that doesn't need salt or ice cubes.

1/4 cup Splenda or about 8 packets. (If you are lucky enough to get the liquid on the black market add just a few drops )

1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups of whole milk
2 eggs beaten
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

Combine milk, cream sweetener in a sauce pan and briskly stir in eggs. Continue to stir until mixture comes almost to a boil and thickens a bit....about 3 minutes...remove from heat and add vanilla.

Cool in the refrigerator for about 2 hrs. Pour into the machine and process for the recommended time... a few minutes before it's done is when you can add berries, nuts etc.
Put in containers and freeze.

If you are into low fat, substitute 1% for whole milk, whole milk for half and half and evaporated milk for whipping cream.
Higher fat products contain fewer carbs and create a smooth, rich and creamy dessert. Lower fat dairy products have more carbs and create a lighter dessert with a different texture.

[COLOR=deeppink]Sorbet[/COLOR]

4 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) berries
1/4 cup splenda or 8 packets
1 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice

combine and heat to boiling simmer for 2-3 minutes ..cool completely in the refrigerator and then process as directed in your ice cream machine.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:52 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: decarb
Start Date: November 2003
Finally a good pasta

Just tried my first pasta by "Dreamfields" and it is super delicious, could not tell from regular pasta.

I couldn't find this product locally, so bought it online at an even better price.

decarb from MN
decarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:11 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: decarb
Start Date: November 2003
Netrition goodies

Forgot to mention, I ordered the dreamfields pasta from our sponsor, Netrition. Also ordered the Mama Lupe's tortillas, they are great also.

Decarb from MN
decarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:09 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Trudy's Bread and Butter pickles.

20 C. slice cucumbers...skin on and I use burpless.
8 small white onions, sliced.
1 green bell pepper and 1 red bell pepper, slivered.

Combine in large bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 c. coarse salt.

Cover with ice cubes. Let stand 3 hours or over night.

Drain and rinse in colander.

Heat until turns color and splenda dissolves:
5 C. splenda
5 C. white vinegar
1/2 t. turmeric
2 t. celery seed
1/2 t. ground cloves
2 t. mustard seed

Add cucumber mixture and heat 5 minutes. Put in sterilized jars and put lids on loosely. Cool, tighten lids and refrigerate.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:35 AM   #86
Old Wise One

Gallery: jezzie
Stats: choosing to be scale-free;
WOE: (48% C; 33% Fat; 19% P; )
Start Date: 11/22/11 - MediterrAsian, Flexitarian, Oz-ish
THAI BROCCOLI SALAD (posted by Atty)

1/4 cp creamy or chunky peanut butter
*2 TBL equal "spoonful" - or sugar sub
1 /2 TBL hot water
1 TBL lime juice
1 TBL light soy sauce
1 TBL dark sesame oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 TBL veg oil
3 cps fresh broccoli florets
1/2 cp sliced green onions
1/2 cp chopped red bell pepper (or your choice)
1 clove garlic, crushed

*May subs. 3 pkts equal

Combine peanut butter, equal, hot water, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes until well blended, set aside

Heat veg. oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add broccoli, pepper, onions and garlic. Stir-fry 3 -4 min. until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter mixture.

Serve warm or at room temp.

calories 199 carbs 9
6 servings
jezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #87

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
YOGURT MOCK DANISH

Before making the Danish.
Combine and freeze 1-32 oz Fat Free Yogurt, 1-24 oz Fat Free Cottage cheese.
After frozen, drain 1 container of the mixture into a muslin bag to drain off the whey. Drain for about 2 days.
Freezing it helps more of the whey to drain off.
Pour off the liquid. ( you should have about 2 cups of the cheese)

Ingredients:
1 32 oz Fat Free Yogurt (use half)
1 24 oz Fat Free Cottage (use half)
1 cup of reduced fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sugar substitute
1 TBS Flax meal
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
2 teaspoon of almond or vanilla flavoring

Using a food processor or mixer combine the cottage cheese mixture with the ricotta cheese.
Add sugar, flaxmeal, egg, egg whites and flavoring. Mix until smooth.

Pour into a greased 7 X 11 pan. (I use a glass dish)
Bake at 325 for about 50 minutes. Leave in oven until oven cools.
Refrigerate

You can use fresh fruit for topping, or chopped nuts.
Makes about 6 or 8 servings.

No counts of carbs or fat grams.

Recipe with the help of Shawnee from the Maintain Lane.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 13 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012

Last edited by Loretta V; 09-07-2004 at 10:21 AM..
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:31 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shirl1
Stats: 200/180/140
Start Date: restart 1/1/07
Something that is quick, for the sweet tooth.

1 or 2 oz. cream cheese, can use the low fat kind.
Splenda to taste
Lemon or Lime Juice to taste
Nuke for Just to warm
Stir and yum, yum, eat and enjoy
Shirley
Shirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:38 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CorgiGirl
Stats: 181/164.75/107/110
WOE: Atkins (began Atkins at 164.75)
Start Date: June 9, 2003
This is easy to make and tastes good. Recipe from kraftfoods.com Vickie

No-Sugar-Needed Strawberry Jam
Prep Time: 45 min
Total Time: 45 min
Makes: About 3 (1-cup) jars or 48 servings, 1 Tbsp. each

3 cups prepared strawberries (buy about 3 pt. fully ripe strawberries)
3/4 cup water
1 box SURE.JELL for Lower Sugar Recipes Fruit Pectin
1/2 cup SPLENDA® Granular or 12 SPLENDA® Packets No Calorie Sweetener

BRING boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
STEM and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 3 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-quart saucepot. Stir in water. Gradually add pectin, stirring until well blended.
BRING mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in SPLENDA® Granular or SPLENDA® Packets. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS

Great Substitute
Prepare as directed, substituting 1 thawed can (12 oz.) frozen white grape juice or apple juice concentrate for the 3/4 cup water. Makes about 4 (1-cup) jars or 64 servings, 1 Tbsp. each. (Nutrition Information Per Serving with White Grape Juice: 20 calories, 4g carbohydrate, 4g sugars. Nutrition Information Per Serving with Apple Juice: 15 calories, 3g carbohydrate, 3g sugars. )

Inversion Method
To use inversion instead of boiling water bath method, turn jars upside-down after bands have been screwed tightly. After 5 minutes, turn upright. Avoid improper lid seal by filling jars immediately with hot fruit mixture.

NUTRITION INFORMATION

Nutrition Bonus:
Looking to reduce added sugars in your diet? Enjoy this fat-free jam flavored with the natural sweetness of fresh strawberries.

Diet Exchange:
Free

Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 5 Total fat 0g Saturated fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 10mg Carbohydrate 1g Dietary fiber 0g Sugars 1g Protein 0g Vitamin A 0%DV Vitamin C 6%DV Calcium 0%DV Iron 0%DV

SPLENDA is a trademark of Splenda, Inc.
CorgiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:58 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Pumpkin Butter

You can either preserve this by putting jars into a boiling water bath for 30-40 minutes or freeze it or it will keep in the frig for several weeks.

SO EASY!

cooked pumpkin (canned is fine)
Splenda
pumpkin pie spice
lemon juice

Use an equal amount of pumpkin to Splenda. Add lemon juice...............about a t. to each c. of pumpkin. Add spices to YOUR TASTE! I use quite a bit because we like it spicy.

Cook over low-medium heat stirring constantly about 20 minutes.

Kathy