Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Kale "chips". OMG they are GREAT!!

You need:

bunch of Kale
extra Virgin Olive Oil
sea salt

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Bake, in a single layer, until the edges brown but are not burnt, 15 to 20 minutes, or when ever the edges are brown but not burnt.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nana Lee/MA
WOE: Gastric by-pass surgery
Start Date: Nov 20 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMontana View Post
Just in time for the summper BBQ season, although we cook these all year out on the grill.

CHICKEN SPIEDIES
TURKEY SPIEDIES
VENISON SPIEDIES
PORK SPIEDIES
MAPLE-MARINATED PORK SPIEDIES
IRISH-MEX SPIEDIES
ROASTED GARLIC DRESSING/MARINADE
CHICKEN SPIEDIES
POLYNESIAN PORK SPIEDIES
HONEY-DIJON CHICKEN SPIEDIES
LAMB SPIEDIES
TRADITIONAL PORK SPIEDIES
PORTABELLO MUSHROOM SPIEDIES
VEAL SPIEDIES
PORK SPIEDIES
LEMON ZEST SPIEDIES
Where ever did you find all these recipes? I'd love to see the rest of the recipes in that book!
Nana Lee/MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #275
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Lee/MA View Post
Where ever did you find all these recipes? I'd love to see the rest of the recipes in that book!
LOL, it's not a book. We live in the area where the Spiedie was invented. Everyone makes them. We even have a yearly Hot Air Balloon Rally and Spiedie fest.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nana Lee/MA
WOE: Gastric by-pass surgery
Start Date: Nov 20 2009
Quote:
LOL, it's not a book. We live in the area where the Spiedie was invented. Everyone makes them. We even have a yearly Hot Air Balloon Rally and Spiedie fest.
OK. I've the seen the Hot Air Balloon festival in New Mexico, Arizona, and even in Massachusetts! They are such fun.
But no spiedies! LOL
Nana Lee/MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #277
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ak_laura
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 02/23/2013
Cioppino - Low Carb Seafood Soup/Stew

Step 1 - chop up celery, onions, chopped garlic (I use the minced garlic in the jar about 3 tsps. - depends on your taste) and warm in about 1-2 tsps. of olive oil; add Italian seasoning and Zatarains Creole seasoning. Warm for a few minutes.

Step 2 - add two cans of diced petite tomatoes, more Italian and Creole seasoning. I also add at this point some Miso; if you can't find Miso cubes, I've used .5 to 1 envelope of Miso-Cup (instant vegan and gluten-free soup) and 2-3 cups of water (can add up to 4 depending on your preference).

Let this simmer about 30 minutes. Then rinse off your frozen seafood mix (for this recipe I used the frozen mix from Costco). I have also used other frozen seafood mixes and added my own scallops and cod that was chopped into cubes (yum!). Bring back to a simmer.

Let it simmer 15 minutes and waa-la! Cioppino in under an hour! Yummers!!

I have made this in a crock pot before too. You put all base ingredients, except no water, instead add a can of tomato sauce into a crock pot on low for 4-5 hours; then add the seafood mix, and cook on high for an hour. Both ways are good - I'll do the crock pot recipe on a Saturday, I'll start it before I go running around and when I come home, plop in the seafood mix and get ready to enjoy!

Please Note: If you make it with canned petite tomatoes as I, it is 6 carbs per .5 cups, and there is 3.5 cups per can (21 total). Makes 4 servings with one can, 8 servings with two. It is 8 carbohydrates per serving if made with the large fresh tomato. I cannot image the canned one is much more. I got the base recipe from the cookbook: "Favorite Brand Name Low-Carb Recipes".

Wishing you the best,
Laura
ak_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: elainesmith
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 2010
I am trilled to find this sticky! It has some really great sounding recipes...something to keep me from getting bored.

Thought someone else might like them especially page 6 for all the shake ideas.
elainesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #279
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
I use shredded cabbage in place of noodles in Pad Thai. Works great.

Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by murflaw View Post
POSTED BY LORETTA

CABBAGE NOODLES

Here is how I do them. Dottie (on the recipe help BB) gave me the recipe originally.
I usually shred 1/2 head of cabbage. I like my noodles thin so I set the blade accordingly. I put 1/2 cup of heavy cream (whipping cream) in my large micro cooker (Pampered Chef) I add about 1/2 cup of water to that and 1/2 tsp salt. I cook them for about 6 minutes depending on how they look. I like my noodles pretty well cooked. You might prefer them firmer.

Another way to do them is to put the 1/2-cup of cream and salt in a large soup pot. Fill with about enough water to cover them and cook for about 10 min after boiling. Don't cover. You can do a whole head that way.

Lately I have been freezing them after I get them cooked. They keep just fine in the freezer. I package them in individual servings.
sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #280
Junior LCF Member

I LOVE Asher's raspberry gels. I can only get them in the winter, though because they melt in the mail in the summer in Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begete View Post
Here are two good ones if you can tolerate sugar alcohol:

Gertrude Hawk: all of their candy is as good if not better than the kinds made with sugar. The choclate covered peanut butter is marvelous as are the chocolate covered mints....and we just had our first chocolate covered pretzels. They are to die for.

Also good are Asher's choclates. They come in boxes and bars. I didn't care for the choices in the boxes, but I do like the mint and peanut butter bars.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #281
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Kale "chips". OMG they are GREAT!!

You need:

bunch of Kale
extra Virgin Olive Oil
sea salt

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Bake, in a single layer, until the edges brown but are not burnt, 15 to 20 minutes, or when ever the edges are brown but not burnt.
I'm so addicted to this stuff that I planted half my garden to Kale last winter
Old 07-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #282
Junior LCF Member

Shrimp Pad Thai

Pad Thai (I think I originally adapted this from one of Dana Carpender's recipes.)

2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ tsp Tabasco (optional)
1 tablespoon granular Splenda or equivalent liquid splenda
½ tsp grated fresh ginger

2 cups cooked, peeled shrimp (or 2 cups cubed cooked chicken)
2 tablespoons oil
2 cloves minced garlic

2 beaten eggs,
1 pkg House Foods spaghetti
2 cups shredded cabbage for slaw

Garnishes - one or more of the following:
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
2 sliced green onions
2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
2 tbsp flaked coconut
Lime juice

Mix the soy sauce, tabasco, ginger, and Splenda and set the mixture aside.

Put the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic for a minute. Add the meat and spaghetti and cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Add the soy sauce mixture. Push the contents to one side and pour the beaten eggs into the skillet and stir until well scrambled. Stir in the cabbage, mixing with the meat and egg mixture. Cook until just heated through.

Garnish each serving with your choice of chopped peanuts, coconut, scallions, and/or cilantro and sprinkle with lime juice.

Yield: 2 large one-dish meal servings or 4 smaller servings.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:00 AM   #283
Junior LCF Member

Wheat Bread
Note: Because these breads have no preservatives, be sure to keep them in the refrigerator.

The ground pecans give this bread the nutty flavor of whole wheat bread without the carbs.

½ tsp. salt
¼ cup wheat protein isolate 8000 0g
2 cups Carbquik 12g
½ cup wheat protein isolate 5000 0g
2 tbsp Resistant Wheat Starch 75 2g
¾ cup ground pecans 4g
¼ cup wheat bran (optional) 8g
½ tsp Thick it Up 0g
½ tsp glucomannan powder 0g
2 tsp. baking powder 2.5g
1 tbsp sugar (eaten by yeast) 0g
1 tbsp yeast 2g

1 cup warm water
¼ cup heavy cream 1.5g
2 large eggs 0.7g
AS equal to ¼ cup sugar
I used liquid Splenda 0g
Total carbs per loaf 32.7g

16 ½" slices per loaf 2g per slice

Set the breadmaker to manual mode.

Combine all the dry ingredient in the pan of the breadmaker. Then put the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix the wet ingredients well. Warm them in the microwave 30 seconds.

Turn on the breadmaker and let the dry ingredients mix for a few seconds, then pour in the wet ingredients. (If using a stand mixer, mix for 1 minute with the paddle, then 10 minutes with the dough hook.) Dough will be too soft at first, but will firm up and make a ball after it kneads for a few minutes. If the dough is too stiff, and breaks into more than one ball, add a little more water. If it is too soft and won’t form a ball, add a little more WPI 5000.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #284
Junior LCF Member

Somehow I managed to clip off the bottom of the wheat bread recipe. Here is the FULL recipe

Wheat Bread
Note: Because these breads have no preservatives, be sure to keep them in the refrigerator.

I have included the carb counts on this recipe because the numbers are pretty hard to believe!

½ tsp. salt
¼ cup wheat protein isolate 8000 0g
2 cups Carbquik 12g
½ cup wheat protein isolate 5000 0g
2 tbsp Resistant Wheat Starch 75 2g
¾ cup ground pecans 4g
¼ cup wheat bran (optional) 8g
½ tsp Thick it Up 0g
½ tsp glucomannan powder 0g
2 tsp. baking powder 2.5g
1 tbsp sugar (eaten by yeast) 0g
1 tbsp yeast 2g

1 cup warm water
¼ cup heavy cream 1.5g
2 large eggs 0.7g
AS equal to ¼ cup sugar
I used liquid Splenda 0g
Total carbs per loaf 32.7g

16 ½" slices per loaf 2g per slice

Set the breadmaker to manual mode.

Combine all the dry ingredient in the pan of the breadmaker. Then put the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix the wet ingredients well. Warm them in the microwave 30 seconds.

Turn on the breadmaker and let the dry ingredients mix for a few seconds, then pour in the wet ingredients. (If using a stand mixer, mix for 1 minute with the paddle, then 10 minutes with the dough hook.) Dough will be too soft at first, but will firm up and make a ball after it kneads for a few minutes. If the dough is too stiff, and breaks into more than one ball, add a little more water. If it is too soft and won’t form a ball, add a little more WPI 5000.

Don't let the dough rise in the breadmaker. Take it out as soon as the knead cycle ends and form the dough and put it in a greased bread pan and set in a warm place to rise. It rises fast...between 20 and 30 minutes. If you let it rise twice it will ruin it. My breadmaker has a “turbo mode” that has only one rise cycle. I can bake this bread start to finish in the breadmaker using the turbo mode but I like the shape of the loaves better when baked in a pan.

When dough doubles in size, bake it in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes until golden brown. (Put it in the oven when the dough is just above the top of the pan, because it will continue to rise in the oven.) Turn the loaf out on to a rack to cool.

I actually slice this thinner with my electric slicer, getting between 20 and 22 slices per loaf. Put the bread in the refrigerator overnight before slicing with an electric slicer to make it firmer and easier to slice.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:23 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: graciejean
Thank all of you for saving my life ,I was getting bored and now I found all of this heavenly recipes,just thanking you again.
graciejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #286
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SheWolfSilver
This is something I came up with because my son thinks Thursday should be Mexican night. It's a low carb Mexican casserole. It's seasoned ground beef w/a little salt, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes. You put the hamburger in a casserole dish and put a diced tomato on that and top with a layer of cheese and bake until it is bubbly and the cheese is melted. My son and hubby eat it with chips. I put it on a bed of lettuce and eat as a kind of taco salad.

This summer I've been adding pablano peppers from my garden!

Last edited by SheWolfSilver; 08-23-2013 at 09:29 PM..
SheWolfSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irishnonee
she wolf silver--this sounds awesome
Irishnonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #288
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kellytoddbran
on another parts of lcfriends there are recipes made with carb quick baking flour. can all you wonderful recipe people( and I mean that from my heart.. love them) tell me why or why not you are or are not using it? is it to good to be true? also dreamfields pasta ?
thanks so much Kelly
kellytoddbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kellytoddbran
hey,,, I see you use carb quick? where do you get it !?? thanks
kellytoddbran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: onthepath
Stats: 234/213/180
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 2012
I get Carbquik from netrition.com
onthepath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #291
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: libjas
Stats: 170/159/150
Start Date: September 2012
Does anyone have some NEW recipes using carbalose flour? I am stumped on how to use it. Did use it to coat mushrooms, tried biscuits with no success. I have 2 bags of it and have no idea what to do with the rest of it. Very few recipes here.
libjas is offline   Reply With Quote