Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   General Skin Care / Make-up (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/general-skin-care-make-up/)
-   -   eye cream recommendations please! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/general-skin-care-make-up/829826-eye-cream-recommendations-please.html)

Heidinem 05-04-2014 06:04 AM

eye cream recommendations please!

I've been using Avalon Organics, it feels OK on the skin but the last bit is hard to get out of the bottle. I have used Oil of Olay and Garnier in the past.

eastbruce 05-04-2014 05:15 PM

Not sure if you are looking for something special, but I use coconut oil on my whole face, including eyes. It feels silky and soaks into my skin.

DownsizingMe 05-05-2014 04:24 AM

I use almond oil. I also make a salt scrub using the almond oil as a carrier that I use maybe twice a week. I have been using these for about two weeks and I can see a difference in the lines on my face and my loose skin on my neck, at least, seems a little firmer. The salt scrub is something to be careful with to not get into your eyes though. I am super careful with it but man, it leaves my skin so soft! And almond oil absorbs quickly!

Midnight Blue 05-16-2014 02:38 PM

I don't know what your budget it, but Kiehl's makes two very good ones -- a balm (Artica Rosa, if I remember correctly) and a cream in a dark blue tube. I'll have to check on the name of that one. Clarins also has some nice eye treatments.

Heidinem 05-17-2014 04:00 AM

Thanks for the replies. I am still looking around at Amazon and my local stores.

CarolynF 05-17-2014 01:08 PM

I just got a sample from Sephora called Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate.
You put it under your eyes for dark circles and puffiness..I liked it and it seemed to firm
up my undereye a bit, so I ordered some from Amazon. You can read the reviews on the other sites and maybe order a sample to see what you think.

It doesn't sting like some other creams..Not cheap at all, but it probably lasts for a long time..

Heidinem 05-30-2014 06:54 AM

I ended up with L'oreal revitalizing eye cream as it was available at the grocery store. It feels good, but it is not given a good grade at the Skindeep website. I also ordered Gratiae Organics from Amazon. Please let us know how the Sephora cream works for you.

CarolynF 06-02-2014 05:34 AM

I am using the Sephora cream twice a day diligently, so hopefully I will see some results some weeks down the road

It is a small jar, but you use so little that I'm sure it will last months. ( hope so)

Merienda 07-09-2014 12:44 AM

Eye cream is really a product companies want you to shell money out for. If your anti aging moisturizer is on point you really don't need an eye cream! In fact most of the time the moisturizers have the same active ingredient and in the same concentrations as eye cream. And products that tout having anti inflammatory ingredients like caffeine or other botanical ingredients..have no evidence to support that it does decrease under eye circles or puffiness

With that said...I do like the boost of moisture eyecreams provide on top of moisturizer. My favorite is from Le Mieux...it may be a little on the pricey side but they mix botanical ingredients with pharmaceutical anti aging ingredients. It's a little on the pricey side..but much cheaper than the bigger companies that use inferior ingredients.