Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Skin Care / Make-up
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leeloo
Stats: 222/186/140
WOE: Atkins/whole foods/KISS
Start Date: 1/15/2014 (this time)
No make-up make-up

Does anyone do this look?

Some youtube videos I've watched show them using foundation, highlighter, bronzer, blush, concealer, etc. etc. etc. This seems kinda complicated

I don't usually wear makeup, but at 48 my skin tone really seems like it needs evening out. I've been using the Clinique almost-makeup, which is a tiny bit more coverage than tinted moisturizer. I like it but they stopped making it. And I use a tinted lip balm when I think of it.

My skin is very dry, very sensitive, and very fair.

I want to start doing a bit more, but I don't like the look that screams makeup, at least not for day.

Any tips or products to suggest?

leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I don't wear foundation, it makes me feel like I'm suffocating
I use St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer and it really does a good job evening skin tone, moisturizing and firming. It's less than $10 for a giant tub at walmart, too

You can mix a little foundation with it in your palm if you want some color, I'd think.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CrystalBlueFire
Stats: Built for comfort, not speed.
I really like the bb creams (I use L'Oreal). Foundation is just too thick and settles in and looks awful on me anymore.
CrystalBlueFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBlueFire View Post
I really like the bb creams (I use L'Oreal). Foundation is just too thick and settles in and looks awful on me anymore.
The BB creams don't work for me, unfortunately. I love the idea and convenience of them, but anything with mineral powders in it just settles on top of my skin looking weird. I need something greasier, basically .

I ended up going to Sephora and they tried a couple of things on me. I bought a tinted moisturizer by Stila. I haven't applied it myself yet, but I think I'll like it. I wish it had a tiny bit more coverage for some areas, but that's what concealer is for, right?

Then I went to the drugstore and got some gel eyeliner and a brush so I can "tightline" my upper lashes. I tried it out and it's a little tricky to apply, but it makes a HUGE difference and doesn't look like I have anything on at all.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amber_Baby
Stats: 266/266/168, 5'9", 27
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 19th May 2015
Have you tried Clinique's 'Even Better' foundation? It has a little more coverage but it still feels light and does wonders for your skin.

Tightlining is amazing, I agree that it makes a big difference. My no make up look consists of foundation, concealer, powder, tightlining, curl lashes, mascara and a nude lippy. Maybe a subtle blush if I feel like it and it really takes no more than ten minutes in total.
Amber_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

I used to use Clinique's Almost Makeup, but the stopped making it! I ended up getting a Stila tinted moisturizer from Sephora. But I wouldn't mind a teeny bit more coverage sometimes, so I'm still looking for the perfect product(s).

How do you do your tightlining? From above the lashes or underneath? And what kind of liner do you use?
Old 02-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amber_Baby
Stats: 266/266/168, 5'9", 27
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 19th May 2015
I'd defeinitely recommend giving Even Better a try or you might also like Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light (not the regular Double Wear). If you go to the counters they will usually give you a small sample to try at home if you sit and have a consultation with them.

I always tightline from the underside of the lashes, although if I'm lining my upper eyelid I'll make sure I go in from underneath and from above to ensure full coverage along the lashline. My favourite product to use for tightlining is the Laura Mercier cake liner in Black Ebony with a MAC 212 brush.
Amber_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Yes! I just saw that Laura Mercier cake eyeliner on a Youtube video over the weekend. It looks like it's easier to use than the gel eyeliner that I'm using now.