Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Skin Care / Make-up
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh! GO STEELERS!!!
Gallery: JerseyGyrl
Stats: 245/143/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 13,2004
Wen Knock-Offs

I've tried Wen but just can't justify spending that outrageous amount of cash!!
I color treat my hair ( I do it myself at home ) and recently cut my long (passed my waist ) length hair to a short, Kris Jenner cut ( I LOVE it!! ). I want to help the color last longer. I've tried all the "color safe" shampoo's & conditioner's....expensive salon brands & cheap drugstore brands. They don't extend the life of the color.
I am very curious about the Wen knock-off's. I have tried L'oreal's Evercreme cleansing conditioner but, was not impressed. It made my hair feel greasy & heavy and I didn't care for the scent. I am curious about Hair One ( I believe this is available at Sally's ) and Lisa Rachael. Anyone tried these and gotten good results?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
I've tried a couple Wen knock-offs, Hair One from Sally's, one from Ross.

Wen did nothing for my hair (not even 613) & neither did the knock-offs. some people say the knockoffs work well for them, others say they are not as good. I think the only way to know is to try it yourself.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh! GO STEELERS!!!
Gallery: JerseyGyrl
Stats: 245/143/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 13,2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
I've tried a couple Wen knock-offs, Hair One from Sally's, one from Ross.

Wen did nothing for my hair (not even 613) & neither did the knock-offs. some people say the knockoffs work well for them, others say they are not as good. I think the only way to know is to try it yourself.
I tried Wen years ago. I had very long hair, had to use A LOT, it was very time consuming and the results...well...lets just say, I sure didn't look like those "Wen girls" do in the infomercials!
Now my hair is short and its color treated so, I thought I'd pull out the Wen and give it another try. What I like about it is that it doesn't pull the color out of my hair. I've tried the sulfate-free shampoo's & conditioner's that claim to extend the life of your color....simply put, they don't.
All that said, I can't afford to shell out a minimum of $20 for 6 oz of Wen....not to mention the cost of a bigger size bottle So, I'm looking for a knock-off that works similarily. I bought a bottle of Lisa Rachael last night, it was $7.99. I'll see how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I used to use Wen and really liked it for my longish, lightened hair. But you're right about the expense! What I've been doing for the last year or so is getting the huge pump bottles of Tresemme conditioner and using it just like Wen. It works great! I even put a pump on my rinsed, wet hair as a leave in, just like Wen. Then I deep condition and hot oil treatment (coconut oil) every so often. Much cheaper, and I only have to "wash" my hair twice a week now because it doesn't get oily like it did with shampoo.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote