Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Skin Care / Make-up
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: killerblues
Stats: 162/148/140 5'9"
WOE: atkins (ish)
Start Date: a long time ago
Vit C in face cream on Dr. Oz

Did anyone watch it.....um I think Thursday (forgive me I was sick), it might have been on Friday.

Anyway........ The had some doctors on who said to use topical cream with vit. C in it from 3% to 10%. They said it will help strengthen and rebuild collegen. He used a small trampoline and described the coils as the part that makes your skin elastic and the vitamin C is supposed to rebuild and strengthen them. Pretty interesting. The docs said that it would take time to see some results (six months) but that it works.

They also talked about phyto ceremides. You should use these with the vit C. Take the phyto ceremides orally and then use the vit. C cream topically.

Oh, and the cream should be in a light proof container and be kept in the cabinet out of the light.

I'm going to be out of my face cream very soon so I'm going to buy some and see if it makes a difference. Well..........I'll have to buy it a few times but I guess as long as I don't have a bad reaction to it I'll commit.

I need to look up the phyo cereminds though. I have no idea what those are all about. Like I said, I was feeling awful that day.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catkan
WOE: Moderate Carbs
I did see this show. It was interesting. I am interested to see if what was recommended works.

Vitamin C, they mentioned you could mix vitamin E with it and to put it on before the moisturizer, 1 time a day.

The phytoceramides need to be plant derived. The plants they use are rice, wheat or sweet potatoes. If you have wheat allergies or are gluten sensitive, be careful, make sure the phytoceramide you buy is derived from rice or sweet potatoes.

I am going to look into it. However, I have been disappointed with stuff Dr Oz recommends.
catkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
I use Dermalure vitamin c after washing my face. It comes with an eye dropper & my skin feels pretty good after putting it on. Cerave has ceremides I believe. It feels really good & absorbs very well into the skin. I am pretty well sold on both these products. I'd like to know how you like them after a few weeks.
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: killerblues
Stats: 162/148/140 5'9"
WOE: atkins (ish)
Start Date: a long time ago
This payday I'm going to look for a good vit C cream. The docs did say it could take six months to see results. But if the cost isn't too bad, I'll try it.
killerblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TigerlilyCA
WOE: Primal-esque
I use Ole Henriksen Truth Serum. It's a 10% vitamin C concentration. I love it. Feels really nice and keeps my face smooth and clear.
TigerlilyCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #6
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
I am subbing to this thread - will wait for updates....

Going to google products mentioned above.

I do have the Cerave moisturizer though.
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lalabella
WOE: very low carb
I have some Vitamin C powder that I once diluted some in water to spray on my skin, but I felt a little sticky and it didn't seem like it was working. I'd forgotten I have it till i saw the Dr. Oz episode. I think now I'll mix some into some face cream, in small batches -- it doesn't keep very long, or so I've heard. Once it starts to turn yellow it is oxidized and less effective.

My skin is a wreck lately and I need to get it together!!! I want to glow like you ladies!
lalabella is offline   Reply With Quote