Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   General Skin Care / Make-up (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/general-skin-care-make-up/)
-   -   need a good make-up foundation (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/general-skin-care-make-up/769282-need-good-make-up-foundation.html)

klspes 04-26-2012 07:35 AM

need a good make-up foundation

Can anyone recommend a good make-up foundation. I currently use BareMinerals- I do like it but wanted to try out some other brands. I do have oily skin in the T-zone area, I also have some blemishes that needs some covering up. I just want something fast to apply. I guess what I am after is something along the lines of a make-up sponge, run it over the foundation and apply and it feel good and look good and is quick. LOL.
Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

hippiegirl 04-26-2012 07:38 AM

I like the Rimmel 25 hour stuff. I have a ton of red in my face, and it does a really good job of covering without looking like a mask. It's a liquid. I have fairly dry skin, but I wear it over a lot of moisturizer. I don't think it's oily or anything.

CurlsNCuffs 04-26-2012 08:51 AM

Revlon Photo Ready is good - Shell 003 is what I use

Molly2512 04-26-2012 08:53 AM

Estee Lauder double wear. Amazing!

CurveControl 04-26-2012 08:56 AM

I use bare minerals too, but I do have some rosacia that needs extra help. I like maybelline instant age rewind eraser dark circles treatment. Looks like a small tube with a sponge on top. Like a tiny bingo dauber. It has soothing stuff abd anti inflams that help my rosacia a lot.

mybigbutt 04-26-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2512 (Post 15611749)

I agree!

CubsFan85 04-26-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurveControl (Post 15611768)
I use bare minerals too, but I do have some rosacia that needs extra help. I like maybelline instant age rewind eraser dark circles treatment. Looks like a small tube with a sponge on top. Like a tiny bingo dauber. It has soothing stuff abd anti inflams that help my rosacia a lot.

I've heard good things about the Maybelline, as well as the under-eye concealer in the same line.

I use Revlon ColorStay. It's really full coverage, so I sometimes mix it with moisturizer to lighten it up. I was using mineral makeup but it emphasized my pores, and ColorStay was really highly rated, even compared to high-end brands. It's usually compared to MAC Studio Fix - except Studio Fix breaks a lot of people out.

mamagiff 04-26-2012 09:31 AM

I need something new, too.....was using Bare Minerals but it makes me look dried up...I'm thinking a liquid would be better...wish I could remember what I used to use....it's been a long time since I used a liquid and I'm sure there is better stuff now...

mybigbutt 04-26-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurveControl (Post 15611768)
I like maybelline instant age rewind eraser dark circles treatment. Looks like a small tube with a sponge on top. Like a tiny bingo dauber. It has soothing stuff abd anti inflams that help my rosacia a lot.

I've used this as well (daily, actually) for my dark circles and I LOVE it.

They have a foundation with the same packaging that I bought and DIDN'T like - it had too light coverage for me.

flowerpower 04-26-2012 09:37 AM

I just ordered a bunch of samples from Everyday Minerals. Women on the makeup forum like it better than BE.

I'm considering a liquid or similar also. I also think BE looks dry on my face and makes the peach fuzz more noticeable. I'm also oily in the tzone and still have some acne. As much as I wish I didn't have the oily crud and zits, I guess it's better than wrinkles.

Purrgirl 04-26-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2512 (Post 15611749)

I agree. It gives a lot of coverage...

They have a light version too, but I haven't tried it.

Jennyl 04-26-2012 10:38 AM

I have a merle norman that is really good for dry skin

revlon colourstay is another one I use a lot

JerseyGyrl 04-26-2012 11:34 AM

I use Smoky Mountain Minerals (powder foundation) and :heart: it..but..if you are looking for liquid, SMM also makes a liquid mineral foundation you may like.

Queen Mab 04-26-2012 01:20 PM

I use a Clinique foundation that I wear for special occasions. I love it. It has no scent and it makes my complexion look flawless.

DiamondDeb 04-26-2012 05:39 PM

I am pretty sure there is not a foundation on the planet that would please me. But I've only been looking for 45 years or so...

Radmom413 04-27-2012 04:49 PM

I am using BE Matte after trying multiples of everything including BE regular...

I love it!

(But as we know; in a few months, that could change - :laugh:)

Has anyone ever used a foundation for a very long time?
It seems like we are always changing because our skin changes.

JerseyGyrl 04-28-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radmom413 (Post 15615833)
Has anyone ever used a foundation for a very long time?
It seems like we are always changing because our skin changes.

I have been using Smoky Mountain Minerals foundation (powder foundation) for over 6 years now:love::love::love:

Radmom413 04-28-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl (Post 15616477)
I have been using Smoky Mountain Minerals foundation (powder foundation) for over 6 years now:love::love::love:

That IS a long time - did you find a color that matches well, and if so, how did you do that? Are they more reasonable?

Kathy623 05-03-2012 04:43 PM

I :heart: Clarins

Put it on at 6:00 am and looks the same at 11:00 pm

113 is Chestnut and it is smooth--also, your skin will look flawless!

If you ask them for a sample at the dept. store, they will give you a little bit in a container.

Please try it!!

megansmom39 08-06-2012 01:23 PM

Go to marykay.com and look up a consultant. Give her a call and she will help you find the perfect color and formula. They have hands down the best foundation choices, personal service, and quality of product.
I switched from bare minerals to their mineral powder. Better coverage, color selections and oil absorption. It's also half the price.

Radmom413 08-06-2012 05:09 PM

Megansmom - I am still looking for my holy grail - I just looked up MK's mineral powder and I can't believe it's that much less expensive. I may have to give DD's friend a call!

saltnpepper 08-09-2012 04:32 AM

Thanks for the infor on MK minerals. I'm going to look into that also.

I don't know if mineral powder is the answer for me or not. But I do like some of the MK products. Sort of forgot about them.

Anna

Amélie 08-09-2012 05:10 AM

The only foundations I can use without giving me allergies are

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B10
Shu Uemura Smooth Fit foundation in 974

Radmom413 08-10-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vjykmr89 (Post 15862543)
Forget the heavy, cakey foundation. Use SHEER COVER! It works sooo well. The kit comes with amazing brushes, a light concealer and the mineral powder. It FEELS like you have virtually no make up on, but it will cover up any of your blemishes, red patches, and dark spots. Kind of like an airbrush! Best part? You can excersise while wearing it and it won't clog pores if you fall asleep wearing it!

I have a friend at work who swears by this make up.

saltnpepper 08-10-2012 05:25 AM

Where do you find SHEER COVER? I've nevr heard of it??

Thanks for the information.

Anna

Radmom413 08-10-2012 06:39 PM

The only place I know that carries it is online and at Bed Bath and Beyond.

tybeeanna 08-27-2012 06:17 PM

Also have you tried any of the primers out there they work amazing. smooths out your skin for a better finish with your make-up

DiamondDeb 12-13-2012 05:49 PM

I've discovered the secret to liking foundation! :D

You have to start with made-up optional skin. lol...

I only recently cleared up my adult acne and oily but dry flaky skin. Once you have very little to cover foundation works pretty well.

I'm currently using SKINN Plasma Foundation Ageless Finish Make-up (SPF 8)in medium. You get two shades that are close but different when you order it & I find I can use both. I think I like the darker (Honey Tan) best because it takes away a bit of the paleness and adds warmth without making it look like I have a tan.

You don't need primer with this but I usually use one anyway.

I also pulled out my old discarded a long, long time ago tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Balancing Foundation (SPF 15) a couple days ago to try it again. It is very nice, too.

Both of these do a good job of evening skin tone.

Sharss 01-04-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybigbutt (Post 15611951)
I've used this as well (daily, actually) for my dark circles and I LOVE it.

They have a foundation with the same packaging that I bought and DIDN'T like - it had too light coverage for me.

Good to know. So far I've wasted money on three products that claim to reduce or get rid of dark circles and of course don't. In fact the first product I used was Olay and it gave me wrinkles under the eyes that I didn't have before using their product. That was after one use. Then I bought another one that's sitting in the drawer and now am using L'OREAL. Doubt it will do any good, but giving it a try.

Need something to cover the dark circles. Good to get a recommendation as it gets tiresome wasting money on crap.

CurveControl 01-05-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharss (Post 16172384)
Good to know. So far I've wasted money on three products that claim to reduce or get rid of dark circles and of course don't. In fact the first product I used was Olay and it gave me wrinkles under the eyes that I didn't have before using their product. That was after one use. Then I bought another one that's sitting in the drawer and now am using L'OREAL. Doubt it will do any good, but giving it a try.

Need something to cover the dark circles. Good to get a recommendation as it gets tiresome wasting money on crap.

I didn't go back up and reread, but one thing you should do for dark under eye circles is have your vitamin B level checked.