Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Skin Care / Make-up
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #301
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Midnight Blue
WOE: Moderate carbs
Cindy, we sound like we are a lot alike! My makeup table and bags runneth over!

Often, I will get something and try it, end up not liking it and give it to my Mom, sister or niece as soon as I see them. One of them usually ends up being more than happy to use it up, which I love. I don't like throwing stuff away or returning it.

That highlighter wasn't the Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclat, was it? I have a sample of that to try and I'm afraid I might like it and want to buy it! LOL I know it's expensive, plus I have a pile of concealers I'm determined to use up. So, the YSL is sitting unopened for now.

I would love to hear your comments/reviews and talk about products. For me, it's a lot of fun.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #302
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Christal; the highlighter is Benefit High Beam and the dupe is Boots No7 Illuminating Lotion.
It's half the price of the High Beam. (not a third)

I agree; it's a lot of fun and I kind of have found a niche, lol and friends and family come to me alot. I follow alot of bloggers and youtubers and enjoy it. I have even thought of starting a blog for women my age......not old, not young...... as there aren't many resources for that age group and the challenges we face and needs we have!!

We need to share info!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #303
Big Yapper!!!!

The Boots line is found at Target, right? I thought I saw it there some time ago, but haven't been there in awhile. That's a fantastic savings!

A blog would be so great, especially for the middle age ladies. I know I would read it! I would love to share info too, although my experimenting can be a little sporadic (often based on budget lol).
Midnight Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #304
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep, and I actually got that ~ so excited to get a good freebie (sort of)! It's great to know good dupes though, in case you get in a spot where you can't buy the more pricey item. I love the Sephora rewards, but need to order some more stuff to stay in for next year. I'm making a list! I don't think I'll ever reach Rouge status!

If you guys had to pick one or two fav eyeshadow brands, what would they be? I'm really picky about eyeshadows and love to talk about them. I've had excellent luck with Lancome and Urban Decay. I can't seem to find a drugstore brand I like at all.

I have some Tarte items on my list for future purchase, for sure!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:26 AM   #305
Queen Bargain Shopper

Christal; I have the UD Basic Naked Palette. I also have the Two Faced Matte Palette. Love them both. However, there are some amazing Wet and Wild eyeshadows/palette's that are very pigmented and have great staying power. I love Tarte shadows, but Maureen tends to do shimmery in her palettes's and I have to be careful with shimmer. I also love the Elf baked shadows - they are pretty pigmented and have great staying power as well. I really want to get The Balm, Meet the Matt's as there is a good color assortment in there.

Also up date on my foundation. I started using the Becca foundation last week and I had a couple co workers tell me that my skin was glowing on the day I wore it! So, after trying multiple samples from Sephora, I think with all the pros and cons of what I like about each, I think I will purchase the Becca foundation.

Another fave product of mine is lipsticks. I have so many and just love all the options out there now. My fave is the Revlon Kissable Balm stain and right now my fave colors are Honey and Adore.

I did get that freebie from Sephora and although I like the convenience of a stick highlighter, I prefer the liquid. I have tried that mascara before and wasn't impressed, but it's a great travel size!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #306
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Cindy - DD27 liked the mascara - I haven't tried it yet. I loved one that Sephora quit carrying!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #307
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: ScarletBlonde
Stats: 171.4/135/137
WOE: WW/SB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Their bb cream!
Love it!!!!
Want to try this!!!
ScarletBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #308
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, speaking of mascara ~ my favorite right now is the beauty tubes mascara (for the life of me, right now I can't remember if it's l'oreal or revlon). It is a drier version of the pricey Blinc mascara. It doesn't last as long in the tube, but it's less than half the price, so I'm cool with it.

I was so intrigued by that Benefit mascara with the brush-that's-not-a-brush that I put that on first, then put a layer of the beauty tubes on top to sort of seal it in place. That actually worked out well, so I was happy!

Cindy, that is my first try of a highlighter stick and I think I'm with you. The liquid or creamy versions are easier to control. I tried to apply with my finger, directly and then with a little brush and still had to wipe it out of the edge of my eyebrows.

I tried some Elf shadows once, but it's been awhile ~ I ended up giving them to my niece ~ so I'm going to try the baked version! Their prices are soooo reasonable, I want to love it!

One of my fav lipsticks ever was the color Jezabel by Lancome. I'm running low and I'm always afraid it's been discontinued. That happens with a lot of the things I love.

Glowing skin is a great compliment~ when I make my way to Sephora, I'll definitely ask for a sample of the Becca.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #309
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, how's everyone doing? I can't be the one to kill this thread! lol

I just tried a sample of Urban Decay's Moondust shadow and love it. I don't have it in front of me right now, or I'd tell you the name of the other shadow it came with, because I love it too. Both are definitely going on my order list.

Is the Becca still doing good for you Cindy?
Old 11-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #310
Queen Bargain Shopper

It is Christal!
I just bought the most amazing kit from benefit!
It was 4 products, retailed for $105 and I got it for $39 and free ship.

Also - know anything about the Sephora sale with 20% off?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #311
Princess Proofreader

I have a coupon for it.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:56 AM   #312
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hey since you are going to be in Rome - I think you need to loan me that coupon.
I didn't get one! Plus we just got Sephora here not too long ago, so didn't shop there much before. I have three things I want to get and would love to get 20% off!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #313
Big Yapper!!!!

What a deal on the Benefit! What did you get in there? That is a crazy-good price.

The other UD shadow is Desperation. Paired with the Moondust, it totally works for me. It goes on well, has a nice soft finish, not too harsh and the Moondust is controllable sparkle. You can use a little or a lot, depending on how you want it to look. I love it.

I don't have the 20% off coupon either. I might have had one and let it expire. I should go back and look at my email.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #314
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Hey since you are going to be in Rome - I think you need to loan me that coupon.
I didn't get one! Plus we just got Sephora here not too long ago, so didn't shop there much before. I have three things I want to get and would love to get 20% off!
I should give it to you! Wonder when it expires?

I love to buy gift sets for DD27 for Christmas!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:32 AM   #315
Queen Bargain Shopper

The 20% off is Nov 7-11.

The kit included an eye palette with a highlighter/contour cream, the Fine 11, They're Real Mascara and an eyeliner! The Fine 11 is $30. I love the mascara and had a sample from my birthday gift from Sephora.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #316
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Makeup Mavens!

Thanks Christal for the code - my first order with the coupon is on it's way - one item - the Anastasia brow gel, is for DD for her bday.

I did place another order without any discount as I found a great kit for my other DD for Christmas, plus got a great little bag with some decent size freebies for a bonus at no charge. I am anxious to see it!

DD26 also wants Wen for Christmas, so may do the infomercial thingy and then cancel it......I did it before years ago for myself.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

You're welcome! Any time you need a "share", just let me know. I love that they will let us share with a friend ~ so cool! I hope they continue.

I used mine (nearly forgot, ack) at the last minute. I got some cool stuff. One of those cologne samplers for DH's b-day. I got him one last year for Christmas and he was surprisingly enthused about it. The UD moonspoon and desperation eye shadows and a couple of those OCC lip tars. I've read about those and think they sound so interesting! I hope they ship it out soon. They had a notice about increased holiday volume and delays. Boo.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #318
Queen Bargain Shopper

Both Sephora orders to be delivered tomorrow! YAY! A couple things for me and the others are bday/Christmas gifts. DD23 thinks she needs to go and get the brow gel this weekend when she is home.....ARGH!!! I think I will give her a couple items as early bday gift so she doesn't buy it.

also - Christal; are you an ipsy subscriber? My ipsy this month is AMAZING!!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/179/205 @ 5'7" size 7X/12W/14W age 55 (-246#)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day (total) + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
What eyebrow powder does anyone recommend? Pencils just don't work for me.....
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #320
Big Yapper!!!!

I can't wait to hear about your Sephora purchases and if you like them!

No, I don't have Ipsy, but I am seriously considering putting a subscription on my Christmas "want" list for DH. That would be a super fun gift imo! What did you get in your box this time?

Dirty Harriet, the only eyebrow powder I've ever tried is by Smashbox and it also has a sealer that goes with it. I really liked it and would use it again. I still have the powder, but I'm out of the sealer.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #321
Queen Bargain Shopper

I think we need to change the name of the thread, lol!
I love that we can come here and share!

DirtyHarriet - I have tried them all! Right now my faves are both a NYX pencil or a NYC pencil - yes, NYC pencil at 99 cents......my hair is red and I need sort of a taupe color. The pencils are creamy and have great color. I also have them touched up when I color my hair, but it's not enough, for me. I top them off with Anastasia Brow Gel, which in my opinion is the best ever. I did just purchase a Benefit Brow Gel/Color and it should be here today - I have read this one is amazing - I can report back!

Oh Christal - the Ipsy is the best $10 I spend a month!!! Every month I get a cute little make up bag, along with 5 good size and some time full size products. This month we got SIX!!!! I got a Pixi Bronzer, a full size lipstick from the new Michelle Phan line, EM, a Nailtini nailpolish, Be a Bombshell chubby lip pencil, a BH Eyeshadow product and a Starlooks eyeliner. I love it every month. I gift some of the products and bags, and also have two friends and co workers that also subscribe, so we trade too!!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:06 AM   #322
Queen Bargain Shopper

I am taking the brow product back to Sephora.....for $18? Not any better than what I do with my pencil and Anastasia gel.....and the tube is SO small!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #323
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Makeup Friends!

DD23 tells me she wants the Benefit 10 - think I will get it for her for Christmas.

Got my Tarte in the mail. Love the kit and will def break it up for DD's, however, not sure if I want to part with eyeshadow palette or not...... I think DD26 would love it. She did order one of the kits for her MIL.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #324
Princess Proofreader

Sephora has some great Christmas deals!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, the Ipsy box sounds like a LOT of fun. I would love something like that, but I'm having a vague memory of reading about waiting lists? Is there a limit to how many subscribers they have at a time? I could be imagining that!

Just want to say that I really love the Moondust shadows from Urban Decay. I got Moonspoon and Diamond Dog (from the 20 percent off sale) and they are just so festive to me. Probably a little too sheer for use alone, but love them over a regular shadow.

I would love to buy a truckload of stuff just to try! I also think the OCC lip tars could be addictive. I love the long wear and the intense color. A little bit goes a really long way and some of the colors are beautiful.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #326
Queen Bargain Shopper

Sephora is going to have some awesome Black Friday deals!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline
Hi Everyone, I've been away for a bit... I recently went a little crazy with Sephora since it's the holidays and they have crazy deals and extra samples... The $10 dollar deals got me and I got a Benefit variety box, with tons of samples. It's like a Christmas stocking! A Buxom mini 15 pack (not a $10 deal of course, but I was there...), and a Bliss sudsy.

Still looking for a foundation...
Emmaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #328
Queen Bargain Shopper

Me too, Emmaline.
Going to try the CoverGirl 3 in 1.

Tried a sample of the Kat Von D and like it, but you have to be very careful - it's so full coverage it will cover tats, so you can imagine.

DDs are getting alot of beauty this Christmas - oh and I think Momma is getting a little too!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tulip
Do any of you experts have knowledge of Ulta and makeup purchases? I was told by their salesperson that anything can be returned, even if used. I am hopeful that this is true. I purchased the new Naked 3 by Urban Decay and after spending almost $100 on the Christmas gift, I would be crushed if she can't return.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #330
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Hi Tulip!

I was told the same thing by my Ulta here.. In fact I am going there this weekend to return a couple things I got for my Birthday. I told them I don't have a receipt.. They said that is perfectly fine.. I think if you don't have a receipt they give you a store credit or you can do an even exchange. I can post back letting you know exactly what they did when I take my stuff there this weekend to let you know.. but I wouldn't worry. I am returning a naked palette for the new naked 3.. I also have a naked basics that I need to take back and thought about getting some foundation instead.

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote