Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Skin Care / Make-up
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
What is the BEST thing to use for crepiness in your neck or Decollete?

I used to use the Mary Kay brand.. it was like a 2 part system and I loved it! I don't think they make it anymore though you can buy it on ebay but it has an expiration of 1999.. NEVER use an expired item.. at least not that expired. I notice when Mary Kay foundations expire they smell awful.. Anyway.. I was looking at the Cindy Crawfords meaningful beauty line.. its not real expensive so to try it wouldn't be bad but of course you see people think its a scam or doesn't work..

There was another one that was called A-D Dr Denese Luxury-size HydroShield Serum.. but that seems to be more for your face and they didn't say anything about the neck..

I figured I would ask if any of you swear by a certain product... What do you use to make your neck look like a 20 year olds?

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
Is it from losing a lot of weight or sun exposure/aging? I never had a problem till losing weight, now my chin->neck could use something, but I suspect only surgery or at the least some dermatologist laser sort of thing would make a substantial difference. Sometimes I catch a look at myself in a different position than I usually assume in front of the mirror and think, "oh dear..." LOL
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoelleM
Stats: 245/164/125 (5'3")
WOE: VLC
Start Date: December 2004
A couple of times, I too have had that "oh dear" feeling, after passing my mirror. I treat the sun like a vampire, so my skin doesn't have much sun damage. However, it does have a bit of droop, when I weigh less. The Olay Regenerist Daily Serum is just wonderful for the neck/cleavage area. I also use Retin-A, every other night. The Retin-A cream is expensive, but the tube seems to last forever. Thank goodness, because even the generic prescription version costs me $70-$75!
NoelleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nolee
Stats: -44
WOE: Atkins/Diet Evolution
Start Date: 6/21/10
I keep trying things and the more weight I lose, the worse it gets. I haven't found a miracle yet. I recently tried bareMinerals Naturally Luminous Neck Cream, about $34. While it was a nice cream, I don't think it did much for me personally, but it gets good reviews. I used that jar up and this time I bought Bliss Thinny Thin Chin for $48. Also decent reviews. I think I paid $48, but I think it has more product, it's more lotion like instead of thick cream. It works *a little*. Nothing to write home about. I'd love to find a product that actually makes a difference for the hanging chin. Blech. Growing old ain't for sissy's!
Nolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolee View Post
Blech. Growing old ain't for sissy's!
No lie. Who knew so many unexpected things could happen all at once?

I've been using Albolene on my neck. Bodybuilding friends told me they use it to tighten the skin before competitions, so I figured it was worth trying on my neck. I put it on before bedtime, and it seems to help some. My hanging neck/chin skin is also probably from large weight loss as much as my age.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Has anyone tried the nuskin galvonic II system? It is supposed to lift and it is supposed to be the same as the galvonic system used in plastic surgeons offices. I went in for a consultation because my face is imploding upon itself as I lose weight LOL. Surgeon said I would need a face lift after losing weight at the rate I was going, but offered a 2500.00 procedure... Nope! But after doing a net search, I found this galvonic thing for about 300.00?? Also for about 100.00 the Facial Magic system and Facersize works, and they have some cream as well, but the exercising I am convinced work! And they are cheaper! The galvonic spa is all over youtube, so you can just google it and add youtube to your search. The Facersize and Face Magic both have websites. It is all worth the time to investigate. I will also try the Albolene if it is inexpensive, thanks LCShadows for the heads up!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I haven't heard of the system you mention, but I do like the Facial Flex, it works to tighten my face, doesn't do much for the neck for me. I have a Facemaster, (the Suzanne Somers one) but it never did anything for my neck either. Then I bought Neckline Slimmer contraption. It didn't do anything for me either and then I heard it can't help with saggy skin, but it can build up muscle, but might make your neck look larger. Not sure about the truth behind all that nonsense, but after a few months of it, I gave up. I have a book somewhere with face/neck exercises, and I do think it helps too, I should dig it out and focus on it again!
I think, bottom line... no excercise, cream or contraption is going to take the place of a surgery, and I'm not willing to go there... but hanging sagging necklines is heriditary for me, sooo who knows, maybe someday I'd be brave enough to go under the knife! I just look at my Grandmother and Mom, and I know what I'm going to look like and it's already happening now. I think I might of had another decade or so if I had not abused my poor body with being over weight and crazy yo-yo dieting for so many years. Still, it's not fun looking in the mirror and seeing hanging jowel/neck. Makes me look my age, where as up until a few years ago, everyone always thought I was much younger, not so any longer!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I agree that plastic surgery is probably the only definitive fix, in the long run. I'm planning on going the Candice Bergen route.........wear lots of beautiful silk scarves, tied at the throat and develop a love of turtlenecks!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan_C
Stats: 145/125/120
WOE: moderate carbs
The skin on my neck and chest is really sensitive and lots of products make me break out in a rash or hives there. This is going to sound really weird, but what works best for me is Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme followed by Coppertone Oil Free Sunscreen Lotion SPF 45 . - I decided to try the Eucerin on my neck and chest because it makes my hands so nice and smooth.

The Eucerin is oil free, unscented and has Urea and AHA's in it. It doesn't cause any allergic reaction, but the most amazing thing is that it has completely eliminated the horrible vertical creases that were starting to appear on my chest. -I mean they are really, completely gone! (It took a few months to eliminate them completely.) My neck area seems smoother/firmer too. Your mileage may vary of course, but they will have to pry the Eucerin out of my dying hands!

Last edited by Susan_C; 09-15-2010 at 10:36 AM..
Susan_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Hooray, AHA's and Urea! Those are the goodies that are in my AmLactin, too. You're right, it's amazing how they seem to make even deep lines/creases go away. By the way folks, don't be afraid of urea. I promise, it's not what you might think it is!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
I will also try the Albolene if it is inexpensive, thanks LCShadows for the heads up!
I get mine at Walgrens and a big whopping jar costs about $12. It is the cheapest thing I buy for my skin (other than the Palmer's cocoa butter for my feet). It contains petrolatum, which is supposed to be the age most useful for moisturing aging skin, according to a book I read by beauty expert Robert Jones.

So what are these books with exercises that you and Nolee mentioned? (Hey, if I can count them toward my daily exercise quota, you know I'm there. )

Noelle, if I had Candice Bergen's height and neck, I might try the scarf and turtleneck thing, too. Heck, I'd even try the beret. But on a person of my tiny stature, they'd look ridiculous -- dangit.

Susan, I've never tried Eucerin's hand creme. I use their redness relief sunscreen on my face because it's one of the few sunscreens that doesn't irritate my face. (It also masks flushing from rosacea, its original purpose.) Eucerin products are pricey but they are good.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

The book is a little old, called Facercise I think? Carol somebody. Sorry, that's not much help, I need to go find it! LOL
Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
The Facersize book is by Carol Maggio. It does work. Also the urea and the AHA are great. I just spoke to a woman tonight that looks 20 years younger, and it is not all genetic. She uses a face cream called Aqua something, but she mentioned that it has urea in it.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Yesterday I purchased the Obagi Elasticerm Decolletage system in hopes of improving my neck and chest area which is very wrinkly. I am using the Obagi NuDerm on my face so thought I might as well do this at the same time. Hope it works as it is pricey. You use Retin A cream with it.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote