Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Skin Care / Make-up
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Everal
CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara

I'm a Bzzagent and got this a while ago. I'm not much of a mascara wearer-- I wear it when I dress up and maybe once in a while otherwise. I also don't wear much when I do wear it-- just a touch on the end so that my lashes look like lashes and not like makeup.

So.... all that being said, I find it pretty impressive. I'm a real Clinique fan, and I use Clinique products almost exclusively. I was skeptical that Covergirl anything could compare favorably. Well, it's not any better than Clinique, and perhaps not quite as good, but it is certainly it its league. There is no disappointment here, especially considering that it's a lower-priced item.

Anybody else try it? Any other thoughts on it?
Everal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: doxielvr
I like lash blast OK but it's not my favorite. I tend to prefer drug store mascara to the pricier brands ... and I have tried them all.
doxielvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #3

Gallery: walkingwoman
WOE: maintaining 124-128 range
Start Date: 2/1/13
I'm a bzzz agent too and I really don't like this product. I'm loving the Falsie's by Maybelline these days. I may just throw out my freebie cos it's a big Zero for me. Glad you like it though. I love the CG Olay foundation and stuff I got on that campaign. It totally made me a CG fan after that. I bought a bunch of stuff recently with coupons and a deal at my Fry's. The blast products with Drew Barrymore are wonderful with the mascara as the exception. I love the eyeshadows, liners and lip colors. They look really great! I was completely shocked by how much I love them at that price point. I just gave them a shot cos they were nearly free after my coupons and sales price. The smokey eye shadow pencils are particularly great. I love the color combos and got the brown and the mauvey sets with the liners and the lipglosses. Check them out!
walkingwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #4

Gallery: Queeny
Stats: down 2 sizes
WOE: ww points plus
Soooooooooo tell us about being a bzz agent, the pros the cons? Shall we all sign up?
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
I'm a buzz agent, too. I got this in Black. First, I can't stand the fat applicator. I tried the mascara on one eye & my regular BE Flawless Definition on the other. No noticeable difference other than I prefer the BE black. I would not buy it.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
Brain! Brain! What is brain?

Gallery: AriAnne
I liked it ok, it didn't make my eyes burn! that has always been as issue with me and mascara.
AriAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:42 AM   #7
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
I didn't like the fat wand either, and didn't think the mascara itself was all that, in general. I have invisible eyelashes on my inner and outer corners, so I like a smaller brush so that I can get to them. They're quite long with mascara, strangely, just impossible to see otherwise.
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mngirl
Stats: 185/174/135
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 5/25/10
love the mascara, hate the wand. I have to use another brand (whatever freebees sephora sends me) on my lower lashes otherwise I get mascara all over.
mngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh! GO STEELERS!!!
Gallery: JerseyGyrl
Stats: 245/143/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 13,2004
I like CG Lash Blast...but, my 2 favorites are Maybelline Falsies and L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wendyg
Stats: 282/198/165
WOE: HIIT, strength and endurance exercise +eating less
Start Date: 7/1/2004 (restart 8/2009)
I tried it, but didn't really keep up wearing it. I touch my eyes too much to keep any kind of mascara on... nervous habit of mine.

I love most of the things I'm bzzing lately, though. I just finished up the Lifelock campaign (I may still have a six month free membership to that if anyone wants me to check for them) and am currently on the Garnier sleek and smooth hair one (that should arrive this week) and the L'Oreal collagen boosting eye serum one (with the vibrating thing). The L'Oreal eye cream actually works very well for me, and it really does get rid of those fine lines and helps lighten any dark circles under my eyes.