Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Skin Care / Make-up
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #151
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
Deb, I think they were talking about lavender oil causing an irritation.
It it is confusing. Someone started talking about lavender oil a few posts up.
Oh! That makes sense.

I only used lavender the first time I mixed. It really didn't add anything IMO.

If I were going to add something for scent it would be something like grapefruit or orange or mint...
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I add lavender every time, just so I don't smell so much like a salad, lol. I've never had a problem with irritation from it though. I've also heard lavender smell makes you sleep well so I figured it wouldn't hurt to have it on my face all night just in case, lol.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #153

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
I was talking about the irritation some might get with the initial use of the Oil Treatment just because their skin is not used to the massage.

When my skin has been abused and is really dry and uncared for, the first time I do the massage ( or even give my face a good scrub with a terry cloth towel, or any intense facial treatment) my skin feels raw from all the new attention. I think that initial sensation may be offputting for some folks. If I didnt' know how good my skin would eventually feel for days afterward when I keep it up, I'd probably quit after the first time if I felt irritation.

I personally ( used to love it) don't use lavender oil anymore cause I got doused in it years ago and I think I became sensitive cause now I cannot stand the smell of it. I dont' know if it would cause irritation, but I'd only use a drop or two for the whole bottle as a scenting oil, not directly on my skin.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I was talking about the irritation some might get with the initial use of the Oil Treatment just because their skin is not used to the massage.

When my skin has been abused and is really dry and uncared for, the first time I do the massage ( or even give my face a good scrub with a terry cloth towel, or any intense facial treatment) my skin feels raw from all the new attention. I think that initial sensation may be offputting for some folks. If I didnt' know how good my skin would eventually feel for days afterward when I keep it up, I'd probably quit after the first time if I felt irritation.

I personally ( used to love it) don't use lavender oil anymore cause I got doused in it years ago and I think I became sensitive cause now I cannot stand the smell of it. I dont' know if it would cause irritation, but I'd only use a drop or two for the whole bottle as a scenting oil, not directly on my skin.
Thanks for clarifying. My skin tends to be oily. It makes sense that very dry skin would be more sensitive.

I have to admit I don't care for the scent of lavender. Very pretty flower but for some reason I don't care for it much. I do think the idea isto just add a few drops to the bottle.

I recently added the oil cleansing back in after a few weeks not using it & it was fun to see my skin react to it again.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Oops,, Sorry. :blush:

I have very dry skin too. I personally haven't had a problem using the oil cleansing. (Castor oil/olive oil) But everyone is different. And I don't do the treatment, just use the combo as a cleanser. Apply & wash off.

Deb, I don't care for the scent of lavender either. Like you said, a very pretty flower, but don't like the scent. So it is not very relaxing for me. I began to think I was the only oddball that didn't like it, as so many people do. (Oops didn't mean you were an oddball, but I certainly am, cause there are SO many things other people love that I can't stand.) I made the mistake a few years back of buying lavender/tea tree oil!!!! Not cheap either, and now I have this bottle that I just can't tolerate!!! UGH!!! Again, supposed to be relaxing, but if I put it anywhere near my pillow (or face), I can't sleep, cause it is so irritating scent wise!!!

For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bein_me
Stats: HW265/CW234/GW175
WOE: Adkins
Start Date: April 16,2013 re-start
I've been doing this routine for a couple of months and moisturizing head to to toe..but,I only use cocnut oil! I love it and the results! I recommend it to everyone I know!
bein_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
I began to think I was the only oddball that didn't like it, as so many people do. (Oops didn't mean you were an oddball, [...]

I really did laugh out loud at that!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #158

lol.... Oddballs unite!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:51 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Vixentobe
I love the oil cleansing method! I put a few drops of tea tree oil it to give an extra kick for my spots. I also give myself a honey facial, who needs bought products eh?
Vixentobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
I don't like lavender's scent, either.

Rosemary is nice.
NutinHonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #161

I have 3 extra large pores on my face that no matter how well I clean or steam always seem to be noticeable and obvious. They seem to collect makeup, etc. Any advice to reduce these? I've used the oil cleansing now for probably 3 years at least.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #162
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
I just started doing this few days ago and my face feels so soft for days after.

Anyone else still doing this??
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #163

Every night here.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #164

I still love this. I like leaving it on for a long time for a facial treatment, too. A little massaged in & left on overnight is great, too.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #165
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bein_me
Stats: HW265/CW234/GW175
WOE: Adkins
Start Date: April 16,2013 re-start
every night. Clean my face with coconut oil and then moisturize overnight with more of the same!!! Love it!!
bein_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: meryjo
I started in Jan after reading about it here and was so skeptical. My skin is so pale, thin & flaky and I've tried so many products & spent so much money I wasn't expecting something so simple & inexpensive to work. I keep a bottle of castor oil in my shower, rub some in right after I get in and then wipe off whatever is still on with my scratchy shower glove before I get out. My skin is soft. smooth and glowing! Tinted sunscreen/moisturizer & a little blush is all the makeup I need anymore. I love my skin! I love my empty,clean bathroom counter! I love LCF!
meryjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:57 AM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

DiamondDeb...great to see you are still doing this after all these years, since this is your thread! That sure says it works

Thanx girls I have only done this twice and notice a difference from the 1st time my face looks glowing!! I must try leaving it on over night. Great idea putting in on while showering

Has anyone tried it on anywhere else other than there face, like there legs after shaving to make them soft?
Old 09-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #168

I use coconut oil all over my body and have used the olive oil/castor oil mixture too. They're both great. On my body I feel like the CO soaks in a little better. I've also used olive oil as a shaving lubricant. Works great!!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
DiamondDeb...great to see you are still doing this after all these years, since this is your thread! That sure says it works

Thanx girls I have only done this twice and notice a difference from the 1st time my face looks glowing!! I must try leaving it on over night. Great idea putting in on while showering

Has anyone tried it on anywhere else other than there face
, like there legs after shaving to make them soft?
i've been meaning to try it on my triceps, the back of my arms.I have dry skin bumps that maybe the OT will help. i keep forgetting. it's been a couple of days and i'm overdue for a treatment and my face is screaming for it!

haven't used it on my legs, but that's not a bad idea. my skin is so dry and old looking ( long socks all the time) even when i use CO.

OH, when i do an OT, my lips are not chap for days!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: crazywoman-n-wy
Stats: 132/116/100
WOE: My way - low carb
Start Date: Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
lol.... Oddballs unite!
crazywoman-n-wy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

SJL...I am definetley going to give shaving with it a whirl thanx I love C O on my skin so lush!

metqa...my skin gets pretty dry around the elbows and my legs are quite dry at times. I also have that problem with the bumps on the triceps, am going to try exfoliating and using the oil mix and then slather in C O see it that helps any. Might be a better idea to add dry brushing into my daily routine too.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
I have a question for those of you who have been doing this for awhile. Did your blackheads on your nose and other areas get more pronounced when you first started? I’ve been doing this for 5 days now and my nose seems more “rudy.” Does the oil help them come out more? I’m trying to give this a chance and not give up. I also notice that I get oil in my eyes. I wake up with greasy feeling red eyes.
Erin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #173

oh , Erin, you should not have enough oil left on your face for it to run into your eyes!
Just keep a wide area around your eyes and wipe up and out and down and away with the towel. I've gotten oil eyes before too, but because i got really close to include my eyebrows and under my eyes, and i let the oil run from my forehead into my corners of my eye. it didn't hurt just weird sensation, made my eyes look funky for a while.
Just remember it will flow so use your finger to paint a thin line from your forehead right down to your nose and it will follow that path and won't come so close to your eyes.

i do think using it rather regularly does help. i never really had blackheads, but i had eruptions that would ruin my face and cause scars, and i had flaky patchy skin where my nose joined my face. When I started, I'd feel gritty stuff in the oil, but I felt that even when i washed my face first, so something was coming out of my skin.

When i think about it, how i would casually run my hand over my face and feel a fleck of something. it was probably something trying to clog my skin, or a flake, I feel less of that after i've been using the Oil Treatment for a few days.

i think my skin feels and looks much better now, and I no longer do it as regularly as i should, about once a week or so, and then a couple times in a row.

ETA: Oh duh, i think i understand what yu meant about black heads, are they like the little plugs of goop that when you get them out leaves what looks like a huge open pore? If that's black head( though mine never look black) then YES this will help them. I had big "pores" on my nose whenever the skin would flake and the OT helped that stuff to come out more easily without me picking at it, and it doesn't seem to build up anymore. I still have big pores on my nose but now there is nothing in them as long as i keep up with the oil.

Last edited by metqa; 10-02-2010 at 12:04 PM..
Old 10-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #174

Aaah, the perks of living alone!

I had car problems & have not been able to go anywhere today. I started out the day with a Castor Oil facial. I love leaving it on extra long & massaging it in. I got a little carried away today. I reapplied it 2 additional times. I've had it on my face all day...wow, I do love what this does for my skin!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #175
aka fuelmanswife

Gallery: Beth1121
Stats: -20
WOE: VLC
Start Date: August 2010
I have used oil cleansing for several years. I recently bought a Clarisonic (yes, a HUGE splurge) and wonder if I can use it with my oil. Has anyone tried it?
Beth1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: meeha
Stats: 258/258/when it feels right
WOE: My Way
Start Date: 1/09/2014
Just curious all of you who have been doing this do you have dry or combo skin? My skin is SUPER OILY!!! I mean I am blotting all day at work and just can't wrap my head around using oil on already oily skin
meeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #177

Meeha,
My skin has oily and dry and flaky patches. I can run my finger along the side of my nose and come away with a lot of oil, but my chin and smile line area are dry.Using the Oil Treatment makes the oily spots produce less oil and the dry patches feel less dry and the flaky patches flake less. It generally evens out my skin to be overall healthy feeling, less itchy spots and less irritation from everyday things like wind and sun and touching.

I don't use makeup or foundation so there is nothing to mess up my skins normal reactions. If you think of it like your skin is producing oil to protect itself , but the oil is not protecting your face so it produces more oil hoping it will be distributed. but we don't rub our faces, we wash our faces, removing the oil, so the face produces more oil. If you cleans and protect your skin with oil, your face, or at least my face, feels soothed, and it's almost a relief, and consequently it seems my face produces less oil splurges and eruptions.
Once you put the fire out, you can turn down the water hose.

Last edited by metqa; 11-02-2010 at 09:16 AM..
Old 11-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth1121 View Post
I have used oil cleansing for several years. I recently bought a Clarisonic (yes, a HUGE splurge) and wonder if I can use it with my oil. Has anyone tried it?
I haven't tried it with my Clarisonic. I suppose it might work if you clean it well right way but when I think about it I really like to leave it on more than a minute & I like the massaging in with my fingers.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaarren
Stats: 204/191/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8-22-08
This sounds so interesting! I'm going to give it a try to see if my pores diminish.
Kaarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #180

Have I ever mentioned that I like Oil Cleansing?

I have combination/oily skin & love what this does for my skin. I'm still learning ways to use it that work better for me.

I usually Oil Cleanse in the evening only, either before or right after washing my hair. I like to leave it on my skin & massage it in for a long time...like 30 minutes to an hour. Sometimes longer.

What cleans my pores & really minimizes them noticeably and keeps them that way is keeping Castor Oil on my skin 24/7. After cleansing in the evening I apply a tiny amount of CO to my nose and massage it into the skin on my nose, cheeks & chin keeping away from the hairline.

I do the same in the morning after cleansing my face using another cleanser & my Clarisonic, too. It really makes a visible difference. It is like magic. If I skip a day I notice my pores appear larger & I start to see blackheads on my nose even when using other cleansers & using my Clarisonic.

Castor Oil calms irritated skin & helps to take redness out, too. It softens fine lines & makes them less noticeable.

I know the recipe calls for Olive Oil, too, but I ran out once so tried CO alone. It worked great so I never bothered to use the OO again. I would have if I had it in the house but the only OO I have is lemon infused. If CO works great alone why bother with adding anything? ...yes, I am lazy.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 01-12-2011 at 08:00 PM..