Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Skin Care / Make-up
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2004, 03:15 PM   #31
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
lol...Adipan, no one "told me" I'm full of blackheads! I have never even considered seeing someone about them. They weren't that bad & the CO helped. I'm not familiar with extractions. It sounds like a painful experience but it sounds like you end up with really great skin!

I do facials often, too. I'm a bit of a facial addict. I had to lay down the law about not buying more until the ones I have are gone. That was a long time ago and I still have lots left! lol...I just love to buy that kind of stuff! Well, Christmas is coming...maybe a few gifts?

Chick, I'm glad you found the CO! The last time I bought it I found it at SuperWalMart for $1.99 (4 oz.). The first time I bopught it I paid $3.99 for the same amount at the health food store! I don't use lavendar either. I did the first time I made it but it really didn't do much for it. Maybe my lavendar was old & losing it's scent. The CO is fine as is. I don't think it has any noticable scent.

I wanted to report that I am currently NOT using the CO cleanser, except for removing my eye make-up (and also on my face last weekend on hurricane recovery). I developed what I would call acne a while back and have been working to get rid of that using other products I already had. I can't afford to be investing in new products right now. I believe it was caused by severe stress, NOT by the castor oil cleanser. I had used the CO with no problem for a while so really doubt that is the problem. I wanted to err on the side of caution, though, so I discontinued use for a while. After this has been cleared up for a while I plan to add it back in because I loved it! Hopefully, I will be able to use it again. I enjoyed using it.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2004, 05:45 PM   #32
karidyan

Gallery: karidyan
oil cleansing

It's working wonders for me! thanks deb!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:32 PM   #33

Anyone still using this?

As you can see from my last post, I stopped using the castor oil cleanser for a while because I had acne. I thought it was caused by stress, not by the oil, but I wanted to eliminate all the possible suspects that I could just in case I was wrong. I managed to get my skin cleared up and reintroduced the castor oil cleanser over a month ago. I'm happy to report that it looks like I was right; the acne wasn't caused by the oil. I'm loving what this does for my skin all over again!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Leenie
Stats: 238/213/155
WOE: Medifast
Start Date: July 26, 2011
The greatest thing ever
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MI CHICK
Stats: 249/232/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 10/20/03 restart 6/07
Yup, been using it for 2 months now & still
very happy with it! My whole body is so
dry....you don't have any great body cream/
lotion ideas do you????
MI CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #36

Chick, some people use olive oil or coconut oil as a body lotion.

Do you guys put it on and just let it sink in for a while? I put it on and then go check out the board or my e-mail. It makes my skin so soft!
Old 01-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Leenie
Stats: 238/213/155
WOE: Medifast
Start Date: July 26, 2011
Ugg I don't miss the dry skin I had while living in Illinois. The cold winters were just so horrible on my skin. I would try the straight olive oil or coconut oil as Deb mentioned.

Deb, I don't leave the oil on for long, I massage my face for probably a minute with the oil then put the hot towel on my face for another minute or so.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 06:00 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I went and bought the castor oil tonight and I'm going to try this. I have large pores and am getting dry skin so I'm hopeful this will help. It sure sounds good! Thanks for the info.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:35 PM   #39
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: babyjips
Stats: 212/140/120
WOE: atkins/ induction/again
Start Date: 1/2003 restart over and over
i decided to give this a try, i went to sally's beauty supply store the other day and looked in one of those magnified mirrors, YIKES! i didnt realise my skin was soo bad! so ive been using the evoo and co for 2 days now, i have never had big nasty pimples, but now on day 2 i have all these pimples popping out all over the place, could it be from the evoo/co ? does this stuff make your skin worse before it gets better? should i stick with it and see what happens?
babyjips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:39 PM   #40
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: babyjips
Stats: 212/140/120
WOE: atkins/ induction/again
Start Date: 1/2003 restart over and over
oh and one more question, how many times a day is everyone washing thier face with this method?
babyjips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:14 AM   #41
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Bellibean
Thanks for this thread, Deb. Interesting info.
Bellibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #42

I've been using this for a little over 2 weeks now and I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. Does anyone still use a night cream or under-makeup moisturizer? I feel like I still need to add the moisture to keep the wrinkles at bay. I looked in a mirror under different lighting at my dd's the other day and I can't believe how many laugh lines I have! I'd like to find something to help with those if anyone has any suggestions.

I got my sister using the evoo and castor oil formula and she really likes it too. She had very large pores and blackheads and they are much less noticeable now.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #43

Gallery: AKGirl
I tried this today and my skin is red and irritated! I'll be switching back to my regular cleanser, but I'm glad people got good results from this method.
AKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:39 AM   #44

I'm sorry to hear that. I love the way this stuff cleans my face and I especially love the way it makes it feel afterwards. You might want to try just plain olive oil and see if that makes a difference.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #45

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Great thread! Thanks for the info.

I've been using CO on my face/throat for about 2 yrs, and I love the way it leaves my skin glowing and soft.

I used it this summer along with my regular tanning lotions while at the beach. Worked wonders in keeping my skin from overdrying.

Love CO's effects on my face.

Thanks for the extra info you've shared.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:27 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: mycattaz
Stats: 416////starting weight 267/todays 233 /goal 200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: September 5, 2013 Atkin's 72 Introduction
bump
mycattaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:18 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pudgy7
Stats: 200/197/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 11-18-2011
Hello, is Castor oil the same as mineral oil? That's all I could find? Thanks.
pudgy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snowangel81598
Stats: 205/153/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan. 2003, Restarted (after 2 babies) Oct. 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgy7 View Post
Hello, is Castor oil the same as mineral oil? That's all I could find? Thanks.
No, castor oil is not the same as mineral oil. You are most likely to find castor oil with the laxatives in your supermarket or drugstore. It is marketed as a stimulant laxative, but as we have seen from this post, it has many different uses.
Snowangel81598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
Chick, some people use olive oil or coconut oil as a body lotion.
I keep a container of salt and coconut oil in the shower. I exfoliate and moisturize all in the same step.
NutinHonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutinHonie View Post
I keep a container of salt and coconut oil in the shower. I exfoliate and moisturize all in the same step.
What a great idea! Does your salt get all hard though? Or do you mix it beforehand into the CO?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:20 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Davian
Stats: 245 / 142 now - rather 135
WOE: Maintenance plus.....
Start Date: 02/24/04
Just wanted to say this is a great discovery. I'm using 50/50 and it's perfect. My skin looked ok from a distance but up close it was very blocked up and has been since puberty. At first, my skin looked like it was breaking out. Well, it was actually - the pores were trying to get rid of all the yuck. Once it all worked itself out, my skin has been amazing. My nose has not been this clear since age 10 and I have large pores which usually fill up quickly. Has not happened even with TOM. I can not believe how wonderful this is. LOL, it just reminds me of Atkins in general - must eat LOW FAT to lose weight, must not get OIL on skin or it breaks out. I'm beginning to feel like I've been just lied to endlessly. I'm doing everything EXACTLY opposite of what I've always been told and I'm better than I've ever been in my entire life.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ericajones80
I'm going to try this today when I get off of work. Thanks for the information!!!
ericajones80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #53

I'm glad so many are discovering this. I'm still loving it 3.5 years after Louise first shared it.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:56 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Davian
Stats: 245 / 142 now - rather 135
WOE: Maintenance plus.....
Start Date: 02/24/04
It's been a week now and my skin is clear for the first time in 15 years! It looks happy, healthy, smooth, it glows and I believe it might actually be Healing! I soooooooo wish I found this years ago. Probably would've prevented a ton of skin damage but I did find it now and I am eternally grateful for those who share. Thank you.
Davian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MI CHICK
Stats: 249/232/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 10/20/03 restart 6/07
Me too Diamond Deb!!! Ran out recently & when I got back to it after about 2mo's my face broke out---Was surprised that in 2mo's my pores had clogged enough that my face had to do the break out process again!
Now it's all soft & lovely again!
MI CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: NutinHonie
Stats: 209/173/145
Start Date: 10/1/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
What a great idea! Does your salt get all hard though? Or do you mix it beforehand into the CO?
The salt doesn't get hard, but the coconut oil solidifies when the temp reaches below 76 degrees (which is all of the time in the winter in my house).

So, now, I have to melt my coconut oil, then I pour it over the salt and mix it together in the container that I keep in the shower.
NutinHonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
OK. I've gotta' hit the store and try this tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing!!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:56 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 123Nkechi
Stats: Fat/Still Fat/Not So Fat
WOE: Low carb (or something like it)...
Start Date: Starting Over...AGAIN!!!
Just found this and I am trying it tonight...
123Nkechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
Going to try this out in a few days. I'm sure that the first few days my face is going to become DISGUSTING from cleaning itself out.... and I am prepared for that! I just need a few days where I'll be at home with no place to go!

I am really hoping for a *miracle* and get rid of the blackheads I have in every pore of my nose. I use the pore remover strip things every once in a while... but the pain/drying from them (plus the fact they don't work very well) just doesn't seem worth it.... and I am NOT going to go to a spa every 4-6 weeks for *extractions* (which just sounds horribly painful). I don't make the kind of $$$ to afford those places.... as I'm sure most of us don't.

Anyone still using this and, if so, post how long/results/frequency of use please!

~D
Old 01-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: coffeeplease
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 02/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deila View Post
Going to try this out in a few days. I'm sure that the first few days my face is going to become DISGUSTING from cleaning itself out.... and I am prepared for that! I just need a few days where I'll be at home with no place to go!

I am really hoping for a *miracle* and get rid of the blackheads I have in every pore of my nose. I use the pore remover strip things every once in a while... but the pain/drying from them (plus the fact they don't work very well) just doesn't seem worth it.... and I am NOT going to go to a spa every 4-6 weeks for *extractions* (which just sounds horribly painful). I don't make the kind of $$$ to afford those places.... as I'm sure most of us don't.

Anyone still using this and, if so, post how long/results/frequency of use please!

~D
Well.....I have used jojoba oil on my face for a long time. It feels really good but I still had breakouts. (I also tried the castor oil/EVOO). I tried this soap: NATURE'S PLUS Natural Organics TEA TREE OIL ENERGIZING CLEANSING BAR and my face broke out so I quit using it. (It could have been what I was eating alot of at the time, chocolate ) So about a week ago I thought I would give the cleansing bar another try. AMAZING! Everything cleared up! I got it at a health food store. I still use jojoba oil or CO around my eyes after I am done cleaning my face with the bar. HTH
coffeeplease is offline   Reply With Quote