Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mr_Geiri
Stats: 209/170/170
Start Date: December 2013
Dry skin and eyes almost cured in few days

I was having dry eyes and skin pretty much on a chronic level. Was using lots of moisturizers and drops and nothing seemed to work well enough.

I read an article online about dry eyes and they mentioned humidifier as a way of treatment.

So anyway I decided to invest in one couple of weeks ago and in matter of days it was like I had gone years back in time. I might be a little on the drier side still, but I think I've gone from the chronic level to the drier-side of normal. The need to use the creams and drops has gone way down, most days I do without.

I live in a studio so it was enough to get one on the smaller and cheaper side. Just have to fill the tank about once a day and the machine does the rest Really cool stuff!
Mr_Geiri is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: earthcrosser
WOE: LCRF, NK
Start Date: March 2014
I'm not sure what your humidity level is in Iceland in the summer, Geiri, but in the northeast US we dehumidify during the summer. I am glad, though, that your dry eye and skin issues seem to be better. It's a great, cheap option! Just be sure to keep it really clean. Bacteria can build up in the humidifier and make you sick.
earthcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mr_Geiri
Stats: 209/170/170
Start Date: December 2013
Yup I know. I plan to clean it every week.

We have more humidity in the summer than winter but it's still probably less than in most other places.

But I'm not aiming for average humidity, I'm aiming for above average so it can help me with these things We have mild summers so it's no problem from that aspect.
Mr_Geiri is online now   Reply With Quote