Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: poe2you
Had it with doctors!

Has anyone got so tired of doctors throwing meds at you that you sought out a hollestic doctor.. looking for a dr that is a MD.. but will get to the root of my problems.. either thyroid or hormone.. someone who will run a panel on me and not say.. "its not needed"... we use just TSH and if your not in menopause.. we won't run that panel on you...
I think I am taking the leap and will pay out of pocket for a dr. that will listen and screen for the things I want..
the state of Maryland is horrible to find a dr. that will listen.. you think with Hopkins in my back yard there would be at least one..
sorry for the rant...
poe2you is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh! GO STEELERS!!!
Gallery: JerseyGyrl
Stats: 245/143/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 13,2004
I can recommend a great one if you are willing to go to NYC.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Awww... thanks Jersey Girl... I was even looking drs. in Philadelphia..
Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh! GO STEELERS!!!
Gallery: JerseyGyrl
Stats: 245/143/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 13,2004
I sent you a PM
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/170/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
I know how you feel. I had an awesome holistic doctor but we moved about 45 minutes away from where he is I would LOVE to go back to him but it's just not financially feasible. He got me off of so many drugs, the key one was my one for Gastric Reflux. He was amazing.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I found one here in Maryland but will have to pay of pocket.. he doesn't accept ins but at this point.. i'm ready to do anything.. hopefully this one works but haven't ruled out traveling elsewhere... i was even looking as far as Maine at the Women to Women clinic..
Old 03-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Seeking
Stats: 265/241/170
WOE: Low Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by poe2you View Post
Has anyone got so tired of doctors throwing meds at you that you sought out a hollestic doctor.. looking for a dr that is a MD.. but will get to the root of my problems.. either thyroid or hormone.. someone who will run a panel on me and not say.. "its not needed"... we use just TSH and if your not in menopause.. we won't run that panel on you...
I think I am taking the leap and will pay out of pocket for a dr. that will listen and screen for the things I want..
the state of Maryland is horrible to find a dr. that will listen.. you think with Hopkins in my back yard there would be at least one..
sorry for the rant...
Oh I'm way beyond that point. I've gotten to a point where I believe that doctors are impediments to your health unless you need life-saving surgery. I believe that doctors are brainwashed by poor-quality medical schools and cannot and will not think outside of the box. I believe that doctors are just managers of disease. They are not here to help you live well or to prevent disease. They are there to dispense poisonous medications to you once you have a proven disease.

Go around the doctor. Go to directlabs.com or some site like that. Order your own blood tests. Take those tests to a naturopath if you need a prescription written. I haven't been to a naturopath yet but I'm even skeptical of those. My suspicion about them is that they want to take you for a long ride on the medical merry-go-round playing the guessing game with your health, playing trial-and-error with neutraceuticals, while being incapable of accurately diagnosing your condition/health problem.

I know what I'm saying isn't happy and sounds like a rant but it is what it is. My experience with doctors is that they just get in the way.
Seeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dunginhawk
Biggest problem with the medical field these days is Pharma sales reps etc. They wine and dine doctors more than I ever do (im in IT sales). They have a quota based on doctors willing to push their drugs. Its easier and more lucrative for doctors to try to treat the problem with medication than to get to the root of the issues.
Not all doctors, but most.
dunginhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I'm always amazed at the number of reps that come in when waiting to see a doctor.. some have special rooms where they wait..
now all all for the reps where they can pass savings on the the patient with free samples.. but how often does that happen..
Old 03-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jade8187
Stats: 207/177/160???
WOE: Atkins/LCHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
I can recommend a great one if you are willing to go to NYC.
JerseyGyrl,

Could you tell me about this MD in NYC??? What is his/her specialty? Just curious! Thank you

Deb
jade8187 is online now   Reply With Quote