Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/189/125?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 24, 2014 re-start
Water retention?

So I am on day 11 of induction and I have gained back everything I lost last week and look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. I am thinking that I am retaining water and I am not sure of the cause. The only new foods that I added in this week were cream cheese, Real Butter, and tilapia fillets. I used a different kind of fish last week. I am not using any kind of bars/shakes. I do eat s.f. jello but have been doing that all along. My carbs are under 20 a day, I keep a written log of what I am eating as well as a carb counter app. I stopped going to the gym this week as well. Here are some sample menus from this week.

B- 4 bacon, 2 eggs
L- hamburger pattie w/pickles
S- s.f. jello with 1 ounce cream cheese
D- tilapia fillets in butter w/ broccoli

B-bacon
L-3 pieces chicken liver, salad w/ranch
S-olives
D-Chicken breasts w/ cauliflower

Other than being swollen, I feel great so I will stay on plan. I am just looking for any suggestions or ideas.
I am taking magnesium, multivitamin, Valerian root, and potassium. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NanaMary
Stats: 167/138/135
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: January 2014
I know when I am retaining water the best way to get rid of it (for me) is to drink more water. It sounds counter productive but it works...copious amounts of water! Foods that make me retain water include two that you listed-olives and pickles. Another one for me is ham, any kind, baked, deli whatever. The bacon I buy is particularly salty (Hormel black label). I try to drink tons of water every day to prevent retention. I hate drinking water this time of year, I prefer hot tea or coffee, so I have to force myself, but it's worth it.
NanaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 238/238/160
Start Date: 7/23/13, Restart 9/17/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaMary View Post
I know when I am retaining water the best way to get rid of it (for me) is to drink more water. It sounds counter productive but it works...copious amounts of water! Foods that make me retain water include two that you listed-olives and pickles. Another one for me is ham, any kind, baked, deli whatever. The bacon I buy is particularly salty (Hormel black label). I try to drink tons of water every day to prevent retention. I hate drinking water this time of year, I prefer hot tea or coffee, so I have to force myself, but it's worth it.

Are you expecting TOM soon?I retain lots of water right before my cycle...
pulchritudinous_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jerickson
Stats: 195/189/125?
Start Date: November 24, 2014 re-start
I had a hysterectomy 16 years ago, so no TOM reason for me I have increased my water and am going to stay the course to see if this goes away.
jerickson is offline   Reply With Quote