Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cant Weight
Stats: 230.4/223/150
WOE: HCG Rx Injections
Adrenal Fatigue

I'm hoping for some input about my situation while my naturopath trouble-shoots via supplements and testing. Diagnosed hypothyroid about 13 years ago, recently went hypo (in numbers and bad symptoms) after we tried to adjust synthroid down from 200 to 175 while taking 20g cytomel/split day, so now returned synthroid dose to 200 and cytomel remains 20g/split day. Here is the most awful symptom I am experiencing, worse even then the weight gain: I have what I think it heat intolerance. I cannot find other personal experiences describing it online it so I'm hoping others will chime in here. When I am sitting in the sun, even if I am near water, there are breezes, and the temps are in the 70's, within 30 minutes I get an anxious, panicked feeling. I thought maybe not enough water, maybe too much water, maybe blood sugar, etc. Even though the panic feeling goes away when I get inside and chill out, and eat and drink, it takes hours to recover from the anxiety. I successfully used HCG on and off for the last two years which I know might have added to stress - now I've gained about 30lbs since this symptom developed. I try to stay low carb but the anxiety, etc is driving me to drink (well, to eat... lots of comforting carbs)

I had heart palps and horrible all-day anxiety while taking pregnenolone (20 on first half my cycle, 40 at last half of cycle), I stopped taking it about one week ago and the symptoms seem to have dissipated.

I've had this symptom in the past, in really extreme hot weather situations, and after vigorous exercise, but now it is much worse. Does this sound like adrenal fatigue?

Thanks for input!
Cant Weight is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lokarbiebarbie
Stats: 185/120/125
WOE: Atkins 1972
Start Date: December 2008
You need your FT3 (Free T3) tested. I get those exact symptoms if my T3 is too high along with my FT4 being over midway of range. Free T4 should be about midway of range or slightly lower and FT3 should be higher than midway of range.
Lokarbiebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokarbiebarbie View Post
You need your FT3 (Free T3) tested. I get those exact symptoms if my T3 is too high along with my FT4 being over midway of range. Free T4 should be about midway of range or slightly lower and FT3 should be higher than midway of range.
Thanks for your response! At my last blood test of course my TSH was out of range and my FT4 was a bit low and FT3 def low. I'll take another set of tests in a few weeks and see results of the adjusted dose. I'm going to see a new practitioner at that time so I am going to address the "heat intolerance" issue or whatever it is as well.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
I see you have tried hcg, have a look at this thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...-syndrome.html

see if you can find anything in there you can relate to.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I see you have tried hcg, have a look at this thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...-syndrome.html

see if you can find anything in there you can relate to.
It is very helpful, thank you!