Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Aching big toe joints, shins and knuckles

A few weeks ago we went away as a family and I admit, I cheated with potatoes. I paid for it with aching knuckles for a week! Since coming home I have been very well behaved. Stayed low carb, taken my vitamins and minerals, eaten clean and healthy.

Over the last few days I've started hurting. My big toe was the first and my first thought was gout, but its a different joint (phew!) then my shins started hurting, then the back of my thigh and today, its the knuckles and a bit on my triceps.

Im prolly going to see my doctor if it doesnt sort out in the next few days, but does anyone have any idea of what it could be? FTR: I take my multi, potassium, calcium with VitD, magnesium plus ensure I have a good salt balance. I drink bone broth regulary, I dont drink a lot of tea and coffee. I dont have much from the nightshade family, and I am almost induction with my vegetables.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alassea
WOE: kiss atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
A few weeks ago we went away as a family and I admit, I cheated with potatoes. I paid for it with aching knuckles for a week! Since coming home I have been very well behaved. Stayed low carb, taken my vitamins and minerals, eaten clean and healthy.

Over the last few days I've started hurting. My big toe was the first and my first thought was gout, but its a different joint (phew!) then my shins started hurting, then the back of my thigh and today, its the knuckles and a bit on my triceps.

Im prolly going to see my doctor if it doesnt sort out in the next few days, but does anyone have any idea of what it could be? FTR: I take my multi, potassium, calcium with VitD, magnesium plus ensure I have a good salt balance. I drink bone broth regulary, I dont drink a lot of tea and coffee. I dont have much from the nightshade family, and I am almost induction with my vegetables.

could you have been bitten by something on the toe or foot, since that is where the pain started (in your big toe)?
alassea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Please see a doctor. Ascending joint or muscle pain can be a sign of some very serious conditions.
It's probably nothing, but please go see your doctor now, not later.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote