Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
Inquanal hernia

I need my doctor to confirm but I'm virtually certain that I have a hernia, probably two. Cause is from a combination of lifting too heavy at the gym and I have been straining my bowel movements recently.
Anyone out there familiar with this condition?
My research tells me that surgery is the only option, but there are several types of surgery.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
As they say been there done that. I had my 2 repaired about 3 years ago. In my case
probably because I was a LOT heavier than you are they couldn't do it laparosopicly. Pray they can do laparosopicly the other way is a lot roughfer. Even so I got to the
hospital about 2 pm and about 7pm a friend was taking me home. On the way home I
did have to stop by the drug store for my pain meds. I had to have someone stay with me that night as per dr's orders. I was 60 years old at the time with diabetes and about
120 lbs over weight so my recovery was much slower than yours should be and still I was
over it in about 4 weeks. They tell you to walk a lot after the operation and this helps
with the healing and the pain. Funny thing because of the pain, pain pills and all the walking I rubbed a blister on my foot and lost 20 lbs. Final word ice is your friend your
good dood friend get a couple of ice packs.
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote