Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: barrycudda
'some' carb days after 'no carb days' ?

I have low carbed for years just to mantain my weight, which is at least 30 pounds over. It wasnt until recently that I started counting ALL carbs, not just the obvious ones in bread, potatoes, etc. That I started losing. I think that makes me one of the unlucky extreme carb sensitive types. There is diabetes in the family so maybe there is a connection? I have metabolic syndrome but no diabetes.
What do you think about the concept of having a 'carb day' after every few no carb days? I weighed myself yesterday morning and no weight loss after a week of no carbing. Amazingly, after having a few carbs on Saturday, some chips, candy, beer, rice (no bread), I weighed myself Sunday mornoing and am down two pounds! Maybe I need SOME carbs. SOMETIMES to kickstart my metabolism, insulin, whatever?

Last edited by barrycudda; 05-05-2013 at 02:56 PM..
barrycudda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Based on your recent post in the Main Lobby, you seem a little confused about 'low-carb eating,' and I suggest you read a typical plan--like Atkins--just to see what's involve, even if you don't follow it.

You said in the ML, that you've been eating fruit. That's high in carbs, but even if you were not, it's almost impossible to eat 'no' carbs because there are some carbs in almost all foods.

I am very carb sensitive (not diabetic) but I eat about 20g a day--and that's considered "low." Do you actually track the grams of carbs in everything you eat on a daily basis? If not, you probably have no ideal how many carbs you're actually eating.

As to your initial question--rarely does the scale reflect exactly what we ate the previous day. Our bodies need to process the foods, etc. If you had beer, alcohol is very dehydrating, and that may be the reason for your lower weight.

Some experts advise a single high carb day every month or two--others see no necessity for it. It's up to you.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #3

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
weight just doesn't work like that. you have to look at longer term trends. it is just coincidence you happened to be down on the day after you ate the carbs. trust me, there is ZERO chance you lost more weight because you ate them. I agree with Leo. you need to understand the plan better. good luck.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Maybe now that you've got a kickstart, you should go strict on induction for two weeks and watch those numbers drop.
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote