Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: creseis
Stats: 157/156/135
WOE: Atkins/Eades's/Volek and Phinney/Attia.. Ketogenic
Start Date: Jan 4, 2014
sick!

I have had a sinus infection now for almost 2 weeks. It started off not so bad so I continued exercising, but after a couple of very difficult workouts where I pushed myself too hard, I got much worse. I decided to stop exercising all together after a trip to the store made me so weak I had to sleep for 3 hours. Basically, any movement at all, like taking out the trash, also makes me need to sleep. My cycling coach told me not to exercise until I am completely better. I went to the doctor and I am now on antibiotics, and today was the first day (after 3 days on z pack) that I feel somewhat better, but again, once I get out of bed, I feel dizzy and like going back to bed. I do not have a fever anymore.

I have been eating small amounts low carb (<40g ECC per day) this week, although last week I was probably not in ketosis and eating more carbs. I gained 3 lbs of water during that time, and now I am down about 6 lbs and I seem to be losing an additional lb every day that I am sick and not working out. I am worried that I am losing muscle. I have not had a workout since last Sunday and I was supposed to do my first mountain bike race of the season tomorrow, but it looks like I will miss that.

Anyone else who works out regularly and trains for racing or some other activity have the same sort of case? What do you do, just rest a lot for a week or more? How do I know when it is ok to start working out again without getting more sick? It is really easy to stay LC because my appetite is pretty much gone. I have been eating, but probably 1/2-2/3 the calories I normally eat.

My goal right now is to get 100% better and I am scared that if I so much as leave my bedroom it will put me back. I have my first "real" sanctioned race in a week and I really do not want to miss that, I am already registered! My coach does not think I will lose my base training. I have a history of chronic bronchitis and I am afraid too that if I push myself I will end up with bronchitis.

It is also getting a little boring!
creseis is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Throw a chicken in the crockpot, cover with water, add some Braggs ACV. Always worked for me, along with taking 1000 mg of Ester-C @day

Hope you feel much better soon, and your up and racing this coming weekend
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote