Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bamboozled
Stats: 297/285/210
WOE: Blood Type Diet/SB Phase 2
Start Date: Sept.23/12 and restarted Mar.18/13
Constipation? Hard mass in stomach.

So a few months ago I was in discomfort and thought I had a hernia. The area beside my belly button (on both sides) is very hard. I have never noticed this before. At the beginning it seemed to be just on the left side, now it is definitely on both sides.

I went to two doctors, one told me hernia, the other said it was definitely constipation and where I was indicating it hurt and was hard, she said that area was my intestines.

I have tried to cut back on cheese and add more fiber however I am still having this problem. The hardness has never gone away, even when i went high fiber (and ditched the low carb for a short period) to see if it would help.

I'm getting concerned because I am now getting chest pains. I thought they were connected to drinking diet pop (aspartame) but quitting diet pepsi has not helped at all.

I'm beginning to get scared and considering stopping eating LC for awhile until this possibly clears up. Might possibly switch to paleo.

Does anyone have the faintest clue what this could be? I don't want to go to the doctor again for them to tell me its constipation!

Additional Info:

I have done low carb years ago successfully and never had this problem.

Not sure how I can even be constipated when I have BMs quite regularly. Every two days at least.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
As an Nurse, my advice is for you to please go see a *Third* doctor!!!..

Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abby!
Stats: 168/134/125
WOE: LC
Absolutely get another opinion and please insist that they order some imaging (ultrasound? ). The answer may just be a change in diet but you need a clear picture. we change overtime sometimes.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lokarbiebarbie
Stats: 185/120/125
WOE: Atkins 1972
Start Date: December 2008
There are no qualified medical personnel here...please find a doctor who will do whatever it takes to 'see' what this is.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GAVIV
Stats: RNY 12/26/12 234.4/148/125-130?
WOE: Trying to stay low carb as possible
Yes, go to Dr. or ER if necessary. I had terrible pains two years ago and went to ER terrified. They did a cat scan and turned out I was blocked/constipated. They recommended an enema and daily miralax after that. No problems since then.

Good luck!
Closed Thread