Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigsaw
Stats: 252/191.5/180(mini goal) sz 24/18/?
WOE: Metabolism/Diabetes Miracle-step2
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Cholesterol improving (I think anyways)

But my doctor still wants to put me back on statins. she said because my LDL has gotten worse, but reading wheat belly it said that is to be expected, that it can look worse at first, even though it is better. My doctor didn't mention the improved ratio at all. I told her before I won't go back on a statin. she said "well I can't make you." so that is where it ended, now she is having the office call me tomorrow to discuss going on a statin. nope, won't do it! I think reading some low carb literature like wheat belly or why we get fat or atkins should be required for doctors... I started low carb, higher fat the day after Christmas, before that it was lower carb since august. You don't want to see my numbers when I was diagnosed with Diabetes in July some numbers they could not calculate...

---------------------------9/5/2012----11/2/2012-----2/19/2013
Cholesterol-------------------267---------208-------------216
HDL Cholesterol---------------26-----------28--------------41
Triglycerides------------------297---------164------------102
LDL Calculated---------------181---------148------------155
Cholesterol/HDL Ratio----------10.1---------7.5------------5.0
VLDL-Cholesterol---------------59-----------33------------20

sorry about the messed up table, can't get it to come out even...

Last edited by Jigsaw; 02-21-2013 at 07:00 PM..
Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
i think the hdl and trigs are the important numbers and yours look good---total is useless, i know what you mean about drs knowing more on this, saw mine yesterday and she said we will have to check you chol numbers it was high last time, i know my total is 303, but my good chol is 113 and trigs are 49, but no comment on that, just that the total was high, she talked with me before on the drugs to, and i told her no, she said the same to me, can[t make me take them-----

keep up the good work--you are headed in the right direction----hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject will chime in here----
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigsaw
Stats: 252/191.5/180(mini goal) sz 24/18/?
WOE: Metabolism/Diabetes Miracle-step2
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Wow Sunny! your numbers are awesome! Great job! Thanks for your input, I think too as long as I'm going in the right direction (trig coming down, HDL increasing, ratio's coming down) it is fine. I don't understand why she cannot see this? It is weird...

I should mention that before I knew better she had me on simvastatin for 6 weeks, but my legs started hurting, then one night they were so achy, I woke up, to move my legs because they ached so much, about 12 times in one night, I told her the next day I wasn't taking anymore statins, yet she still keeps pushing.

Last edited by Jigsaw; 02-23-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote