Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mazella09
What do soda, canned chicken soup, margarine, and corn flakes have in common?

In a Fall 2012 newsletter, Kaiser provided this guidance:

“What do soda, canned chicken soup, margarine, and corn flakes have in common? They all contain genetically modified organisms, or GMOs. GMOs have a piece of DNA from a different species, such as bacteria or viruses, spliced into their DNA. Genetically engineered corn, for example, has DNA added so that it has a pesticide built right into it. This process creates a new species of plant that would have never occurred in nature.”

Birth of a New Earth: KAISER PERMANENTE ADVISES MEMBERS TO AVOID GMO FOODS
Mazella09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Seeking
Stats: 265/241/170
WOE: Low Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazella09 View Post
In a Fall 2012 newsletter, Kaiser provided this guidance:

“What do soda, canned chicken soup, margarine, and corn flakes have in common? They all contain genetically modified organisms, or GMOs. GMOs have a piece of DNA from a different species, such as bacteria or viruses, spliced into their DNA. Genetically engineered corn, for example, has DNA added so that it has a pesticide built right into it. This process creates a new species of plant that would have never occurred in nature.”

Birth of a New Earth: KAISER PERMANENTE ADVISES MEMBERS TO AVOID GMO FOODS
I remember reading this about a month ago. I used to be a member of KP, but then I ended up moving outside of their area and I don't have that option anymore. Too poor anyway for health insurance. Oh well.

But I applaud KP even though they have "no official policy" on GMOs. I think in the next decade we will see new research studies linking cancer and other health problems to pesticides, herbicides and GMOs.
Seeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mazella09
Many farmers are seeing problems in cattle that are fed the GMO corn, soy and alfalfa. They are being hushed. Also when they sign the contract with the makers of the seeds/feeds, I believe there is A LEGAL RESTRAINT to report ANY NEGATIVE problems.

The company sends someone out, determines it is a "virus" NOT the feed and boom, the spin begins.

When a neighbor reports it, tho....

Anything that is made to produce it's OWN pesticide and they know IT CANNOT BE SHUT OFF even while it is in the digestive system - and there are NO TESTS to confirm its safety - I say NO. Heck NO. I will NOT be the HUMAN TEST SUBJECT.

For it IS known. You cannot put synthetic items into a human without some issues beginning.

No gmos for me.