Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rockgal
Cinnamon in Honey for Arthritis

I read about this combination helping ease arthris pain about a week ago, and this is my fourth day of using it, and I can definitely tell a difference in my level of pain.

These are the instructions:

ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.

In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week out of the 200 people so treated practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

I have been using the same method used in the Copenhagen study and it appears to be working - you might consider giving this a try if you haven't already! It couldn't hurt! I am loving the results.

Keepin' it real.
rockgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: michelemomof2
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 18, 2004
Thanks so much for this! I am going to give it a try after I have my first appt. with a rheumatologist toward the end of January. I'm not sure if I have arthritis pain or fibromyalgia or what.

Thanks, again!
michelemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
KOO
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Cindy, do you mean you are only taking the honey and cinnamon like on a spoon but not in the cup of water?
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #4

Gallery: Mackenzie
WOE: Lower Carb
Start Date: Restart 9/13/05
Are you still getting relief from this? I am thinking of trying it.
Mackenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mule_Freak
Stats: 145/125-130/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Oct. 2003
I remember someone else posting about the cinnamon & honey for arthritis relief, but remember them saying you rubbed it on the painful spot she said that is a bit icky/sticky but it worked to relieve the pain, hmmm? I would luv to walk around normal, not like a "gimpy gal" all the time.
I'm going to give this a shot.
I'm assuming that you add the honey & cinnamon in the hot water, hope that is correct
Hey I know I could take a tablespoon of honey and 1/2 a t. of cinn. and swallow it with out the water, but maybe the water is used for a reason? Any ideas?
Also for anyone interested, per the internet 17 carbs in a tablespoon of honey, not bad.

In Loving memory of my "Queen of England"
Irene J. Jackson miss you Mum

I my Scottish Terrier Quinn
From the land of Heather

Be a Voice for the Voiceless
Say NO to animal abuse!!!

Last edited by Mule_Freak; 01-21-2010 at 11:24 AM..
Mule_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rockgal
Hi, my experience so far has been that it seems like it lessens the pain and definitely the stiffness. I can tell a big difference in the joint stiffness in my hips. I still have pain, but I do believe it helps.

Don't put the honey/cinnamon in water, just mix it into a paste in a tablespoon (that's what I do anyway), and eat it off the spoon. It can't hurt to try it. Let me know if it helps you too.
rockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
KOO

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgal View Post
Hi, my experience so far has been that it seems like it lessens the pain and definitely the stiffness. I can tell a big difference in the joint stiffness in my hips. I still have pain, but I do believe it helps.

Don't put the honey/cinnamon in water, just mix it into a paste in a tablespoon (that's what I do anyway), and eat it off the spoon. It can't hurt to try it. Let me know if it helps you too.
Thank you Cindy. It helps to know when a home remedy is helping someone. I am glad you are having success with it.
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mule_Freak
Stats: 145/125-130/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Oct. 2003
Thanks Rockgal,
Going to start this tonite. I've my honey & cinnamon, hoping for any type of relief.
Mule_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Khewes
Cindy, do you have osteo, or rheumatoid arthritis?

I think I may start incorporating this into my bedtime ritual.
Khewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs.Kim
Stats: 247/245/145
This was posted on my states Bee Keepers site. I saw this thread and thought I would share.
WEIGHT LOSS:
Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.
Honey
Honey is the only food on the planet that will not spoil or rot. It will do what some call turning to sugar. In reality honey is always honey. However, when left in a cool dark place for a long time it will do what I rather call "crystallizing".

When this happens I loosen the lid, boil some water, and sit the honey container in the hot water, off the heat and let it liquefy. It is then as good as it ever was.

Never boil honey or put it in a microwave. To do so will kill the enzymes in the honey.
Cinnamon and Honey

~ Bet the drug companies won't like this one getting around.~

Facts on Honey and Cinnamon:

It is found that a mixture of honey and Cinnamon cures most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also accept honey as a 'Ram Ban' (very effective) medicine for all kinds of diseases.

Honey can be used without any side effects for any kind of diseases.

Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm diabetic patients.
Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada , in its issue dated 17 January,1995 has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by honey and cinnamon as researched by western scientists:
HEART DISEASES:
Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack.

Also, those who have already had an attack, if they do this process daily, they are kept miles away from the next attack.. Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heart beat.

In America and Canada , various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as you age, the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and veins.
ARTHRITIS:
Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.
In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University , it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week, out of the 200 people so treated, practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain, and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS:
Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.
CHOLESTEROL:
Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient, was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours..
As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol is cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.
COLDS:
Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and clear the sinuses.
SKIN INFECTIONS:
Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.
CANCER:
Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month three times a day.

FATIGUE:
Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts, are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week.
BAD BREATH:
People of South America , first thing in the morning, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water, so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS:
Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restores hearing. Remember when we were kids? We had toast with real butter and cinnamon sprinkled on it!
Mrs.Kim is offline   Reply With Quote