Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 07:05 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snowangel11
Stats: 179.7/164.0/125-130 "LDW" 164.0
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: 5/19/09
P.S.

I pinpointed what that liver dump feels like too. I think I've been experiencing it for decades. I get it during the day too. It's a feeling of warmth in my upper abdomen. I guess that's the liver loading sugar into the stomach? I use to get it especially when I was dieting. It didn't effect me like it does now back in my 20s & 30s. But now, I get immediate bloat in my upper belly after I experience that. And usually that's worse at night, when I start retaining all that water I'd been drinking. If I urinate alot in the morning it's been a normal night (no hypoglycemia). If I only urinate a little, I know it's not been a good night.

If I'm doing some extreme sweating at night (which I have along with vivid dreams & shaking when waking), then I also know my adrenals aren't running smoothly in my sleep.

At least, that's my own personal observations. Thought I'd mention it so you might see the symptoms in yourself.
Snowangel11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
meb

Thanks for the update! I will interested in knowing how you fare on the Isocort as I might need it soon! I am not any better with my adrenals or my leg. So, no progess this week. I hate going to the chiropractor--he has me going 3 days a week and then Kyle goes to preschool on the days I don't go to him. I am running around every day of the week and I hate it! I cannot wait until Kyle's last day of school next week. At least it will give me back 2 of my days. Today at the chiro my regular doc was out and he had a replacement. She couldn't even get a crack out of me. She said I was so tense and was I always like that? I said yes, yes I am. She even said that I had quick reflexes....as soon as she touched my back to try to manipulate it she could feel my muscles get all tense and rock hard. She kind of had me worried. Every time I think about it I say I am not stressed out, but am starting to doubt myself very much. I am tense and don't even know it. That is scary. I don't think that can be good for my adrenals!!
Old 05-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Dawn,

My chiro saw a very noticeable improvement in knotted/tense muscles once I started taking magnesium. Make sure you take it at a different time than calcium. Calcium counteracts absorption of mag (even though a little bit of mag is needed for calc absorption). I take about 250-500mg day.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: meb2004
Stats: 146 / 135 5'9"
WOE: weston price / whole foods
Start Date: February 2004
snow, that's interesting about your sugar levels and cortisone. i don't really know much about hypoglycemia or else i would try to give more input. How much cortisone did you take to get your levels back down, if you don't mind my asking?

dawn, sounds like you need a vacation! you might want to consider cortisone more. I feel very good today too! It's crazy! I have had NO coffee today and am about to go run some errands. Normally I have to have at LEAST one cup and sometimes several just to make it through the day and then the last thing i feel like doing is house chores / errands. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed here, I feel good today too, I hope this keeps up.

Do you guys have "good" days and "bad" days? My bad days are when I can barely function and HAVE to take a nap, usually by 11 a.m. Yeah, at that point I've only been up 3 or 4 hours too. My good days I usually feel decently alert and have energy to do other things other than just work. Sometimes I don't pay attention to all my symptoms, but I know when the bad days are, they hit me hard. But today and yesterday have definitely been good days!!
Old 05-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Meb,

I took I guess about 2mg. I have 20mg tablets, so it's hard to guesstimate. It took me a little bit to fall asleep - lately I've been knocking off the second I hit the pillow.

I 'think' (haven't really read up alot on it) that high insulin levels (after you've eaten too many carbs for example) can cause cortisol levels to rise. Perhaps part of this is insulin resistance causing cortisol to be used up. I dunno.

I do know that whenever I go through insomnia kicks, it usually plays out that I get sleepy early - from 8-10pm, which of course I totally resist the urge to sleep, then I get the "second wind". I think that second wind is a burst of glucose, maybe causing cortisol to rise...causing the insomnia.

I drive myself crazy trying to come up with "whys".

Yes, absolutely...ABSOLUTELY...I also have good and bad days. My good days are usually when my blood sugar is staying stable. If I wake up feeling out of it & achy in the morning, that willl almost always be a bad day. A really bad day I will feel very gloom & doom too. My emotions are usually at their worst first thing waking up, and late at night right before I'm nodding off. I feel despondent & almost like I don't want to live. It passes very quickly, but I think it definately correlates to low cortisol. But still, most of the time I lack motivation to do anything. And I use to be a very active, multi-tasking person - and liked it that way. My mood improved enormously when I was on even just 5mgs of cortisone. The change is striking. I think I am moving toward doing the cortisone regularly. I need to get a smaller dose rx from my endoc though. I want to see how I feel with a more consistent dose. I think that might be key in feeling more stable. Although it does make your adrenals rely on that dose. If I saw small amts of improvement I'd just tough it out. But it seems I'm up & down all the time.

ETA: A really, really bad day=3 naps. Those are rare, but definately frustrating. I feel like I have no life. I'm so glad your having that good of a day! It's great, isn't it? It's like you stepped out from black & white to technicolor.

Last edited by Snowangel11; 05-15-2009 at 12:39 PM..
Old 05-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Actually, I need to correct that - worst case scenario has been me in a restaurant sitting down with the room spinning, having lost my ability to even pick up a glass, and not being able to talk. And the many times where I had to pull off the road because I was going to pass out.

I'm forever grateful that I have a bottle of steroids in my purse at all times & don't have to worry about that anymore. I also have a medalert necklace & a note in my car about my situation. I don't want to ever have to worry that I've become incoherent while driving, and pulled over & an officer thinks I'm drunk. I'm then hauled into the slammer, where I die from an adrenal crisis. I've heard too many stories of women getting pulled over, and they were having a hypo attack & officer thinks they're drunk.

I'm also grateful that I don't have to avoid driving, or going to stores by myself. A couple times I was out of commission for months & housebound because I didn't have a diagnosis & no clue what really was going on.

Ok, I've yapped enough!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

I totally understand about the multiple naps, it's awful! the most i've taken has been 2 naps per day. i don't really tell people either since they just think i'm lazy and lack motivation. soo frustrating
meb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jackvance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowangel11 View Post
Yes, absolutely...ABSOLUTELY...I also have good and bad days. My good days are usually when my blood sugar is staying stable. If I wake up feeling out of it & achy in the morning, that willl almost always be a bad day. A really bad day I will feel very gloom & doom too. My emotions are usually at their worst first thing waking up, and late at night right before I'm nodding off. I feel despondent & almost like I don't want to live. It passes very quickly, but I think it definately correlates to low cortisol. But still, most of the time I lack motivation to do anything.
I totally sympathize with you .. I have similar experiences. Today I had a real bad day. I think I had a hypo dip at night, because I woke up with shortness of breath, tingling fingers and feeling very anxious. Your day is pretty much ruined already at that point. Brain fog set in afterwards, just couldn't do anything productive anymore (which I think is caused by adrenal fatigue but not sure). Oh ye I also took a nap during the day
jackvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Meb,

I try to tell as few people as possible about the naps. Even those that are family still don't understand. It's embarrassing.

But honestly, and I'm sure you experience the same thing, it's not like a "oh, I'm feeling a little sleepy" type of nap. It's like you've been up 24 hrs. & you can nod off in a second. It's totally uncontrollable. I thought at one time I had narcolepsy because I have an aunt that has it. I know better now, but I'd definately liken it to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
I totally sympathize with you .. I have similar experiences. Today I had a real bad day. I think I had a hypo dip at night, because I woke up with shortness of breath, tingling fingers and feeling very anxious. Your day is pretty much ruined already at that point. Brain fog set in afterwards, just couldn't do anything productive anymore (which I think is caused by adrenal fatigue but not sure). Oh ye I also took a nap during the day
Thanks. You're so right Jackvance! Once that brain fog sets in - ugh! It's impossible to shake off! I get the tingling fingers too sometimes. It's always if I wake up with high blood sugar. I notice my blood gets thicker when my sugar is high when I check it in the morning. I assume this is why diabetes is all around bad for your body, and circulation. Your anxiety definately could be from being hypo.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Jackvance,

Are you seeing any doctors? Taking any supplements?
Old 05-16-2009, 02:17 AM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Jackvance,

Are you seeing any doctors? Taking any supplements?
I'm taking OcuDyne 2 (dietary supplement with vit C, B complex, magnesium, zync,..), nystatine (for candida), tomorrow I think I'll add inulin and probiotics.

And I can't seem to find a doctor to take me seriously - they write all these symptoms off as psychological.

Anyway, today i attempted at a self-test for my glucose levels. I drank enough glycerine before going to sleep to avoid the same scenario as yesterday. (a bit hard to fall asleep thanks to my mid-day nap tho) So I wake up today, feeling semi-ok. My glucose level is 91 mg/dL at 10:05. So I eat something quickly with some sugar in it as breakfast, and drink water+sugar. I wait 30 minutes, but all the while getting more anxious, tingly fingers, which seemed odd. At 10:35 I measure 70 mg/dL! So even though I ingested a lot of sugar, it DROPPED?? At 11:05 I measured 78 mg/dL.

It seems something is wrong.. but it makes no sense to me :P

EDIT: oh yeah and I smoked a few cigarettes too :P. But I guess I better make a new thread about this, as this is your thread

Last edited by jackvance; 05-16-2009 at 02:54 AM..
Old 05-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
I'm taking OcuDyne 2 (dietary supplement with vit C, B complex, magnesium, zync,..), nystatine (for candida), tomorrow I think I'll add inulin and probiotics.

And I can't seem to find a doctor to take me seriously - they write all these symptoms off as psychological.

Anyway, today i attempted at a self-test for my glucose levels. I drank enough glycerine before going to sleep to avoid the same scenario as yesterday. (a bit hard to fall asleep thanks to my mid-day nap tho) So I wake up today, feeling semi-ok. My glucose level is 91 mg/dL at 10:05. So I eat something quickly with some sugar in it as breakfast, and drink water+sugar. I wait 30 minutes, but all the while getting more anxious, tingly fingers, which seemed odd. At 10:35 I measure 70 mg/dL! So even though I ingested a lot of sugar, it DROPPED?? At 11:05 I measured 78 mg/dL.

It seems something is wrong.. but it makes no sense to me :P

EDIT: oh yeah and I smoked a few cigarettes too :P. But I guess I better make a new thread about this, as this is your thread
Jackvance,

I'm not sure how the glucose tolerance test works - sounds like that's what you were trying to do? I did it during pregnancy many years ago, and it was a VERY sweet, thick drink and then they test glucose 2 hrs. later. I wasn't told results, just that they were normal.

It sounds like you've got a bit of reactive hypoglycemia going on. I've had that too, and I really can't clarify that, because the connections between insulin resistance, prediabetes symptoms, low cortisol with reactive & regular hypoglycemia can all go hand in hand anyway.

The one thing I do want to mention is that the way your body handles sugar first thing in the morning may be different than the rest of the day. Eating sugar first thing after you've not eaten all night results in a bad reaction to it anyway. So I think it's hard to do self-glucose tolerance tests at home. I would test your glucose 1 and 2 hrs. after a meal & see how you handle it. And of course, test when you are feeling bad or any strange symptoms. It may surprise you. I sometimes have the same symptoms when I'm high as when I'm low.

Do you have any naturopath's in your area? Holistic MDs? Even an Osteopath will do if you are worried about insurance. I promise you, they will take you seriously!! And not this "it's all in your head" spiel.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Jackvance,

Also, did you eat anything after the 70mg/dl reading? If so, what did you eat?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #134

Ladies

I have just a moment to post this, but wanted to share something I just read this morning. I am researching the candida aspect of the adrenals and while perusing Bee's site came across this article: Adrenal Malfunction and How to Improve It My hubby mentioned that he was tired of paying for supplements to get me better that weren't working, or basically in short he was saying that I wasn't working the program. Last night as we were eating dinner and were looking for dessert I took out some chocolate I had bought earlier that day. He said are you supposed to eat that? He was a bit fed up I think. So I am going to try my hardest to do the program as written and see how it goes. This is getting frustratingly hard, but I think it is me that is doing that to myself. Oh, well. I hope you get something out of the article! I enjoyed it.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Interesting Dawn. Thanks! I agree that sugar is so bad for us. Especially when we're overweight & things aren't working as they should be.

I'm trying a different tactic. The more I thought about what exacerbated my adrenal problems - high dose steroids w/weight gain and also being on atkins (the first time) and not seeming to be able to get rid of the upper abdominal weight on it, and then when I went off it, gaining even more fat in upper abdomen - the more I started thinking about the liver connection & upper body/truncal obesity, which is where most of my fat is located. I think in my case, an inefficient liver may be responsible for dumping too much sugar into my system, and at times too little.

If I have this much fat in my upper body, would that mean that maybe my liver is fatty and my general liver/insulin system is not working correctly. The reason I thought of that, is that this last time I was on atkins, my hypoglycemia just kept getting worse. I was also feeling like I was getting more fat padding too!

So I'm doing something extreme. The HCG Diet (I'm using homeopathic). And for the past 2 days, my liver seems to be doing what it should. Not throwing out too much or too little glucose. I've had no lows or highs. If it was an insulin problem, I'd still have hypoglycemia problems. Anyway, it's a very low calorie, very low fat diet and I found it being raved about online, and later on found it on this board. I'm hoping I can stick to it. I hope maybe the solution is to get the fat off, and everything will work smoothly again. As it is, I'm just stuck. No other diet works for me.

It's probably still an adrenal problem for me, but like I've said before, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Since hypoglycemia can cause cortisol problems, it's kind of "which came first, the chicken or the egg", kwim?

Anyway, hope you guys are doing ok! Hang in there!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Meb, how are you doing on the Isocort?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Dawn,

Also wanted to say when I read that article, I kind of disagree with adrenal issues being a "fat deficiency". I think that really depends on the person. I'd be more prone to think it's a protein deficiency (too much carbs, too little protein). When I was on the whole food diet (which was for about 5 mos), all my fats were from plant sources - I ate tons of nuts & seeds, nothing synthetic or transfat. My adrenal symptoms reared their ugly head at the tail end of that diet. So for me, I don't think that's it. But it certainly could be true for others.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #138

snow,

I have considered that hcg too! I would love to hear how you are doing on it. It is strict, but seems doable. I think a pound a day from what I have read here on these boards. I am desperate to lose weight, but am confined by finances! Not all of my clothing from last summer fits. It is very discouraging. Not looking forward to my vacation this summer. Hopefully by the then I can lose something!! I think you are right---I thought it was too much carbs for me!! Not so much a fat problem. As I have taken coconut oil as a supplement for years. I take 4 TBL a day!! Not so much a fat deficiency in my diet.

Last edited by dawnyama; 05-20-2009 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: to add
Old 05-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Lol, I was nervous about posting about the hcg, and I'm so glad you didn't blast me for doing something so crazy!!

As for how I'm doing...Firstly, I screwed up right off the bat. I thought load days were for 3 days instead of 2, so I ended up starting the actual diet after breakfast yesterday (it was 3 eggs & my total calories for the day was as it should have been with the HCG diet anyway). I lost 2 lbs. this morning. But I have my period, and I hold water right down till spot goes away. And I always drop alot of water on any diet the first day or so. If I continue to lose a lb a day, that will be the real test. I'm really this works. I'm so tired of trying to find something that does.

I'll update you as I go! PM me if you want to know where I got the homeopathic hcg. It's the same brand ebay sellers are selling for $40 a bottle. I have a coupon code too, so it ends up being $18 bottle. I would never do rx hcg because of my pituitary tumor & the clotting disorder. I can't do hormones (even though technically it doesn't affect other hormones). It's suppose to reset the hypothalamus. I've been reading alot about that lately too. They're all intertwined! And I'd bet a million dollars that brain chemicals also interact with the endocrine system too.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #140

snow,

What really makes me think about doing the hcg is the fact that the ladies who have been on it (and the few guys who post!) state that they are losing fat in places they didn't think they could! It basically can spot reduce!! I think that is absolutely amazing and fabulous!! I will PM you because I am really interested. Thanks for sharing!! Have you posted on the thread in the other plans? I have read that with much interest but don't quite understand everything. I was thinking that once I had the stuff I would understand! See, I was totally thinking about doing it a while ago!! Have you read Kevin Trudeau's book or the one online? I am wondering about the pituitary gland---how do you know if you have a tumor? I was wondering if that may be my problem and I am guessing you would need to have some kind of scan. I am having headaches, weight gain and fatigue. How handy that there is an article about just that in today's adrenal support group. Here is the article that was given to us just today:

http://med.stanford.edu/neurosurgery/StanHosp0707USCASF[1].indd.pdf
Old 05-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Dawn,

I am also amazed about the people who are losing fat. Even when I was thin I always had the pooch belly and fat thighs. Once I hit puberty that's when that little problem appeared. Even despite the fact that most of my life I ate a low fat diet (which helped more than the way I've been eating the past 6 or 7 years).

No, I haven't posted on the other thread. I figured I want to make sure my glucose levels stay stable before I joined it. I've been disappointed too many times. I've been lurking there though.

I didn't buy Gary Trudeau's book. I won't out of principle give any money to that guy. It was pure luck that he hit on success rather than selling another scam. Although it is sort of plaguerism that he stole Dr. Simeon's idea. From what I heard, his diet is a bit different, and I don't need any more complications with diet, lol. I just took notes from Pounds & Inches & various threads. And when I get to PH3/4 I'll need a bit more help.

The pituitary tumor you need an MRI (with & without contrast). There's so many different symptoms, because some types of tumors excrete hormones, and non-active ones can press on optical nerve or the pituitary & effect pituitary hormones. My most blatant symptoms at the time were headaches & visual disturbance. I needed bifocals within a matter of 2 mos. after having perfectly normal vision. When I was pregnant with my son I also needed glasses & didn't need them after birth. During pgy, tumors can grow. But still, I can't be sure what symptoms go with what, because I also have the clotting disorder, which can cause the same symptoms during pregnancy.

I couldn't read that link - it gave an error message. I'm going to PM you with the info.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Jackvance:

I just noticed your other thread from last week. Sorry about the response you got. Last thing you needed to hear. I just realized that I never mentioned the salt factor. Sugar/carbs won't necessarily temporarily fix an adrenal emergency/hypoglycemia, but you need the salt too. Try the salt! First thing in the morning with water & before you go to bed at night. And try to eat a protein/complex carbohydrate if you can (peanut butter on 100% whole wheat bread). If the salt makes you feel better, that's a strong clue it's your adrenals.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:43 AM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Snowangel: Hm you're very wise and informed . I definately have salt cravings. I've noticed for years I love salt more than other people. I use a ton to make pasta - it's actually the main thing that makes it taste good for me. And I put a lot more salt on fries than other people.

It's looking more and more like my thyroid/adrenals. Here's a quote "With hypothyroidism, hair frequently becomes brittle, coarse and dry, while breaking off and falling out easily. Skin can become coarse, thick, dry,and scaly. In hypothyroidism, there is often an unusual loss of hair in the outer edge of the eyebrow".. check, check and check, I always wondered about the eyebrow thing.

And at the start of the year I was in the hospital (nothing major, had an accident) and I remember an alarm constantly went off because my resting heartrate was too low. (Bradycardia) The reactive hypoglycemia symptoms I have measured (30mg/dL drop over a 30 minute period after ingesting sugar) are also a symptom then.

I ended another attempt at a sugarfree diet this week when I just fell dropdead asleep during the day.

Pf I'm so swamped, exams are close, a lot of presentations and tasks to be done now.. if only I had known these things a few months back! Next week I should have a bit of time to get stuff checked out.

Anyway thanks for your advice

Last edited by jackvance; 05-21-2009 at 03:45 AM..
Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

what's the hcg diet?

isocort update: so last week i moved from 1 pill up to 8 pills per day of isocort which should be about 20 mg of cortisone. I felt FANTASTIC. But now that i'm staying at the 8 pills the effects seem to be dwindling? Last week when I would take the pills I could feel my heart rate increase a little and maybe blood pressure went up a bit, but for less than a half hour after i took the dose. When I've been taking my doses this week though, these symptoms aren't occurring. I've felt a little sluggish this week and even had to take a nap on tuesday. It could just be that my body is still adjusting or it could be that i need an even higher dose . i'm going to stick to this level for another week and a half and i might try to buy that cortisol book that is overpriced. i don't want to increase my dose without being as informed as possible. It could also be that I just need Rx strength stuff. i'm going to stick with the 20 mg dose and at the beginning of june i go in for more bloodwork for my thyroid so when i discuss those results with my doc i think i'll bring up the cortisol issue. maybe he'll be more willing to help treat with cortisol if he knows it's doing something.

Another update: I don't know if you guys remember from earlier in this thread, but I also have been suffering from cervical dysplasia (precursor to cervical cancer). I went in for a follow up yesterday and the gyno said it was looking much better. They did another biopsy so I don't know the full results yet, but I'm very optimistic (this time they only biopsied 2 points, whereas last time they did 3 since it looked much worse). It looks like all the supplements I've been taking have been doing the job! I'm really happy about this since the next step would have been to slice off the cells (LEEP procedure) which has about a month long recovery period and would probably cost me a fortune. I would much rather treat the cause of the problem by purchasing supplements instead of just slicing off the cells. This way I know I'm really healing. My naturopath helped out on this too. I'm kindof pissed at gyno's in general for not suggesting changing dietary habits to heal this. But how would they make money if they didn't do these procedures, but instead recommended supplements!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

jack, you should try a sugarfree diet again sometime, but probably when you're not under so much stress. you're body will usually hate you at first for taking away the sugar so you need a non-stressful week to try to get over that. i think it could be a sign of how dependent you are on sugar that you fell asleep, even more reason to get off of it. you could always try to switch at least to whole foods before giving up sugar completely. so instead of eating candy, eat a banana or an apple. you'll get sugar that way, but at least it won't be refined.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Jackvance: I totally agree with Meb about a whole food diet! It does sound like some thyroid issues going on. Unfortunately, like the adrenal, often you can have thyroid issues & lab tests will be normal. So getting a natural doctor on board with you will help.

Meb:

I'm so sorry about the cervical dysplasia . Since inflammation in the body can cause cellular changes/cancer, it's very possible addressing the adrenal issues will help enormously too. Is it possible the 8 pellets are too much? High cortisol will usually increase BP. Fast heart rate can be from high or low. Do you have a glucose monitor or BP monitor? You can get both cheap on ebay.

The hcg diet is the "Simeon's protocol". It's about a very low calorie, VERY low fat, semi-low carb (higher than atkins though) diet along with the 'hormone' hcg. HCG allows you to release the unhealthy fat stores while sparing muscle. The diet states that about 2000 cals of fat is released a day to cover the fact that you are on a 500 cal diet. I don't know if I believe to that degree - otherwise people wouldn't have hunger issues, but the hcg also curbs hunger. Most people use rx HCG (some go to special diet clinics to do it) and others use homeopathic HCG. Both report fantastic results. It's a very rapid weight loss, with a stablization period to reset your hypothalamus. You have to fat load for 2 days, and it keeps you in line because if you go off the plan while still on hcg you'll pay for it (with weight gain that will take longer to get off). You have to be off the HCG 3 days before stopping the diet. People don't normally gain if they do it right, like they would after going off Low carbing. It is done in cycles (Phases). If you want, I can forward the PM links I sent to Dawn. There's also a thread on this board under "Other" (diet plans).

Last edited by Snowangel11; 05-21-2009 at 08:46 AM..
Old 05-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I'm down a pound today. But I still have spot, and tmi: I have been constipated since load day 3.:blush: I swear nothing works unless I get my fiber one. I have tried all the usual tricks.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Nope, make that down 2 lbs. today.

ETA: Jackvance - one other thing I thought of. Iodine. Make sure you're getting your Iodine. Check your salt source. Morton made the stupid mistake of having the same container for their iodized & iodine free salts. I made that mistake once. Iodine is non-existant in the sodium in processed foods & it's important for your thyroid health.

Last edited by Snowangel11; 05-21-2009 at 09:45 AM..
Old 05-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

nope i don't have any monitoring devices. i think i'll stay at the 8 and maybe go down to 6 after another week and a half. i do feel pretty good today, i had a horrible nights sleep last night so i'm guessing the isocort is what's keeping me going today (+ 1 cup of coffee, and my coffee cups are a normal size). i think i'm going to buy that book, safe uses of cortisol, even though it is crazy expensive. that way i can check my symtpoms better for dosing.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, like the adrenal, often you can have thyroid issues & lab tests will be normal. So getting a natural doctor on board with you will help.
Sigh . That's what I'm afraid of. But what do you mean a natural doctor? Homeopathy? Because I'll need to get a doctor with a real degree on board if I want to get some thyroid or adrenal hormones prescribed no? :/