Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snowangel11
Stats: 179.7/164.0/125-130 "LDW" 164.0
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: 5/19/09
Well ladies, I stopped taking Isocort. I don't know why, but for some reason it was making me feel worse. And not only that, requiring me to take more hydrocortisone. Haven't taken any since yesterday morning, and feeling much better today with less steroid.
Snowangel11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: meb2004
Stats: 146 / 135 5'9"
WOE: weston price / whole foods
Start Date: February 2004
snow have you had your hormones tested? if your adrenals are doing bad you might need some of them corrected before corisone would make you feel better or your adrenals might start functioning properly again with them corrected.

i think my progesterone is low, but it might correct itself with the addition of cortisol or i might need to fix the progesterone first to be able to then fix the cortisol.
meb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Meb,

Yeah, my hormones are definately out of wack too. It's sort of hit or miss. Testosterone/DHEA dropped from high to a little low. My progesterone though, I just haven't had the patience to test. Every time I do bloodwork, I usually go in the first half of my cycle or day 3 so I can get an accurate estrogen level. Then I have to do 24hr urine tests (sometimes 2). It's all such a hassle. I hate to make 3 or 4 trips to the lab.

I do use progesterone cream, but I had lowered my dose the past 2 months because the vitex seemed to up my luteal temperatures.

But another confusing part is when I get my period, and stop the progesterone, I feel better blood sugar wise. Which really doesn't make any sense.

I have thought about going to a naturopath down the road. But for now I'm probably going to go back to my acupuncturist who usually can get my hormones straightened out (at least by the looks of my charts). Naturopath's are very expensive here. $800 for a consult!

Do you go to a naturopath or did I hear mention of a DO? I do have a DO referral from my chiro.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Maybe I should try a little DHEA. I had taken it in the past, way before I ever had high DHEA. Boy, I was feeling mighty good too on it. Maybe just a very small dose will help. I know I've read it often goes low with adrenal insufficiency and adrenal fatigue.

ETA: The only thing I'm afraid of is losing my hair again. When I had high DHEA I lost alot of my hair. It seems to be thinning again on top lately, though for the life of me I've not seen any on my brush in the bottom of the tub!

Last edited by Snowangel11; 04-21-2009 at 01:09 PM..
Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
snow,

I am the one going to a DO. Well she is also a board certified MD, but I like the fact that she looks at the whole picture and connecting the dots. My DO does not accept any insurance--therefore I have to pay up front for every visit. The first 2 visits cost me $350 each!! Then the tests she wanted run, then the supplements. I have run out of my health savings account and the year is not even half over!! It didn't help that my son broke his thumb and we sent him for allergy testing, but my gosh.....Her subsequent visits are less. The last visit was $75. Because she is an MD my insurance is covering the office visits so I am getting a little bit of the money back, but I still have to pay out of pocket first. The reason she is not accepting any insurance is that she is not bound by any of their rules. She is allowed to ask for any test she wants, not what is standard and accepted by the medical establishment. So I understand her reasons, but many are unable to afford her services. And snow, have you done the saliva testing? I think that would be better for you...no need to go to a lab. Just mail it off and get those results for yourself. My doctor told me that it's done on day 19-21 of your cycle. I haven't done it yet, but I will eventually. When I have the money to do it I guess. I didn't think that the urine test and blood test were that reliable. I have heard that saliva was the best for determining hormone levels. How interesting.......
Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
snow,

I am the one going to a DO. Well she is also a board certified MD, but I like the fact that she looks at the whole picture and connecting the dots. My DO does not accept any insurance--therefore I have to pay up front for every visit. The first 2 visits cost me $350 each!! Then the tests she wanted run, then the supplements. I have run out of my health savings account and the year is not even half over!! It didn't help that my son broke his thumb and we sent him for allergy testing, but my gosh.....Her subsequent visits are less. The last visit was $75. Because she is an MD my insurance is covering the office visits so I am getting a little bit of the money back, but I still have to pay out of pocket first. The reason she is not accepting any insurance is that she is not bound by any of their rules. She is allowed to ask for any test she wants, not what is standard and accepted by the medical establishment. So I understand her reasons, but many are unable to afford her services. And snow, have you done the saliva testing? I think that would be better for you...no need to go to a lab. Just mail it off and get those results for yourself. My doctor told me that it's done on day 19-21 of your cycle. I haven't done it yet, but I will eventually. When I have the money to do it I guess. I didn't think that the urine test and blood test were that reliable. I have heard that saliva was the best for determining hormone levels. How interesting.......
Oh, that just stinks that she doesn't accept insurance. I checked the DO my chiro game me the name of, and he is actually under my medical plan. I just don't know just how 'alternative' he is, kwim? Sometimes I don't know which direction to go in, lol.

NY does not allow saliva tests. Sucks, huh? Yeah, I can't even buy one online for any saliva test. I've thought of asking my Mom in Fla., but just such a pain. She buys it, sends it to me. I have to send it back, and she has to send it off. Lol, taking the blood test would be easier. However, I do not know if naturopaths are allowed to circumvent that rule. I'll have to ask my acu about that. For the most part, every time I have had my progesterone tested in the past (7 days past ovulation) it has never been under 9. But I know things can quickly change.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

One other very odd thing I noticed the past couple months. My libido revs up about day 2 of my period for a couple days. Then it's MIA the rest of the month. It's like totally the wrong time for me to do anything about it! lol What is up with that??

E2 & P4 are suppose to drop to low beginning of AF.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh $800!!! That's absurd!!! I'm hoping they also Rx then? I go to an ND and an MD. The ND costs $135 for the initial visit and less for subsequent visits. She can't Rx, but helps me select blood testing to ask my other doc to run and can help with any other test that you can mail off for (like the saliva test). She also helps with the natural healing approach by using foods and supplements based on my bloodwork. My MD is "out of network" and doesn't take insurance either, but you pay up front and they also take your insurance card and insurance at least covers my bloodwork, and I'm assuming it will also kick in when I hit my deductible for "out of network" which hasn't happened yet. My MD costs $350 per hour I think so I have to pay depending on how long my appointment is.

I figure between the both of them I will get this thing solved.

snow i completely forgot that NY doesn't do the saliva! I remember now that on mine you have to check a box saying you don't live there that is so stupid!!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #39

Oh, you are kidding!! Do they really do that?? Oh my goodness!! I am so glad I moved away!! I was born on Long Island and grew up in New Jersey. And meb, I am so glad my payments go down with my MD/DO. And because she is an MD all my stuff is done through her! So at least I don't have to go back and forth and it is a good thing because she is a 2 hour drive away! My son loved going there--there was no one in the waiting room but us and there was tea offered in the waiting room. He said it was so quiet and calm, so unlike any other doctor's office that he has visited. But if you need her, she is hard to get on the phone. They do not answer the phone at all--you must leave a message for anything you need. They will call you back, normally the next day, but you never know when. One night when my doctor called with my lab results I didn't get to the phone in time. She had to mail my labwork to me!! meb, that would be so frustrating having to go back and forth between 2 doctors to have everything taken care of. Another stressor that I couldn't deal with. Have you seen Dr. Phil today? Robin was on talking about hormones again. Very good show---they had a woman on with the same problems as me who was cured with bioidentical hormones. Why can't my problems be solved that quick? She was on the creams for 3 days and got her life back!! I know she was struggling for 5 years, but I was (and still am!) struggling for 13!! Aye! Sometimes it is disheartening listening to those stories, but I am glad this subject is getting out and in the open. It is about gosh darn time we talk about it!!
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Meb: I can't believe you see two doctors too! I have a hard enough time dragging myself to 1. But I hope they do help.

Dawn: Where were you born?? Robin was on Oprah a while ago (with susan sommers and that gyno that Oprah frequently has on) talking about the bioidentical hormones. In fact, you guys bringing up the subject of hormones sent me on a short research quest about DHEA and led me to the progesterone thing again.

What I had always thought is that cortisol is just created by the adrenals. But according to this website, it is converted from progesterone all the time (look at diagram on bottom):
DHEA and adrenal fatigue

I'm thinking a progesterone cream shutdown. I've done it before and at the time I did it because my cycles were wacked. I actually became pg the cycle after (miscarriaged that too but actually stopped the progesterone before hpt-ing).

Natural progesterone shutdowns can straighten out estrogen dominance (sort out E2 levels) and obviously supports the adrenals.

I know I had read something about NPC shutdowns and adrenals. I just didn't realize I had any adrenal problems at the time.

If you have no idea what a shutdown is, it's basically using progesterone cream from day 7 of your cycle until when it would normally end. Most people do it 2 mos. Some can't handle it that long. But it 'should' theoretically take the burden off the adrenals, since you are getting all that extra progesterone to convert to cortisol.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Dawn & I have breast cysts (and I also get ovarian) - probably because of estrogen dominance. Meb, do you get cysts or anxiety??

Maybe even the sleep thing is due to progesterone. Progesterone is the relaxation hormone, and I know when I have alot of it, I have no problem falling asleep.

Last month & the month before I was using vitex, which probably promoted my progesterone (but messed up my cycles a bit). That may have been why I didn't have a problem being off steroids. This month I sort of did my own homeopathic diluted version of vitex, which probably wasn't enough.

I think I'm going to give it another shot. I coincidently got auntie flo today. Maybe the P4 equation isn't necessarily the trigger, but it sorts out E2 & P4 and probably amps up cortisol. As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat. And there are obviously multiple ways to address adrenal problems. Sound crazy?

Last edited by Snowangel11; 04-21-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Old 04-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

I started even thinking about what the body goes through with menopause. Is that part of the reason that menopausal women go into a fog, have fatigue & sometimes are very emotional? There's a lot less progesterone to convert to cortisol? Maybe there's some kind of backup mechanism there that smooths that out, but it would make sense in addition to the lesser drop of estrogen.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

I actually like going to 2 docs as crazy as that sounds. My ND can't Rx, but she has an excellent idea of what's going on in the body. She's caught onto things much more quickly than my MD doc has, and the subsequent blood tests tend to show she's right. It's great to have 2 people trying to figure out what's wrong with you, the more minds on the issue the better. You get some different ideas about what to do next as well.

I don't have any cysts, i don't think I'm very anxious either. Mostly moody, my mood can change in a snap. But that doesn't mean it won't start later. I'm only 26 and it seems like you guys have been going through this a lot longer than I have. I've been exhausted off and on since highschool, but the past 2 years it seems to have gotten much worse.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

dawn, fortunately both of my docs are in town so it's not too bad to go see them both as far as travel is concerned. your doc must be doing something right if it's worth the 2 hour drive, wow! you should applaud yourself on getting up the energy to do that since i know the mere thought of a 2 hour drive to see a doc can be enough to not do it
Old 04-22-2009, 04:31 AM   #44

I am very fortunate to have a hubby that would do that for me! He takes off work for the day, we drop the kids off at his aunt's house and we go and he drives me to my appointments. She is willing to do things over the phone and through the mail too! I like going because she is encouraging whereas every other doctor has been very discouraging. When she says she can fix me I believe it. It is also one of the few times my hubby and I get any alone time, so it has been great. Lucky you guys to have found such help so close by. Next time I go I will definitely have to bring up the sex hormones again and see if they are very much necessary in fixing these problems. I know I need them, I just don't want to do too much at once. But if it would make healing quicker I am all for it!! I have to order more supplements today so maybe I can ask when I should come back in.
snow,
I was born in Port Jefferson hospital but lived in Westbury. We moved away in 1978. My grandparents lived in Riverhead until my Grandpa died in 1990. I didn't realize you are seeing 2 doctors too! I was away for the day yesterday, very rare for me! but my son had a doctor's appointment, and when I came back home I had a headache and was very weak and tired. It really wiped me out! I left the house at 8:30 and came home at 3. Glad most of my days are unlike that.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Meb,

My fatigue actually started in high school too. I remember my friend had mono & shortly after that I was tired for a very long time. Later on I found out I was exposed to it. In my early 20s, I was diagnosed with CFS and tested + for epstein barr. It went away in my 8th mo. of preg. In high school I was always crashing early, and whenever I went to parties with friends, I'd have a couple of drinks, and I'd be crashing on whatever bed I could find. I was the quintessential party pooper. I have no idea if the epstein barr virus had anything to do with my adrenals, but fatigue seems to have been part of my life for longer than I realized. And various diets thru the years have always brought on fatigue & illness.

Actually the one & only time I felt energized from a diet was my first time on Atkins. And that was maybe a year after doing that progesterone shutdown.

Dawn,

I'm about 15 min. away from Port Jefferson. My son was born in St. Charles Hosp. (Port Jeff). I also used to work in Garden City (as did my husband), which is right next door to Westbury. You're lucky you moved away. It's beautiful here & I'd never move, but the cost of living just sucks. Definately ask your dr. about the hormones. She probably would even know what a shutdown is, or can look on Dr. Lee's website. You can also have progesterone compounded for you at a pharmacy. Or by it online. I wouldn't however use a natural estrogen. Improving progesterone actually improves estrogen. In fact, I don't know why I didn't remember this, but everything can appear to be normal on labwork, but that's where the saliva testing comes in. It's all about how your body is assimilating hormones. Not only that, you can have low estrogen & still lower progesterone. It's still estrogen dominance. It's all about the ratio.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #46

snow,

I totally think that there is a connection between epstein barr and adrenals. Either my doctor mentioned it or it is in the book "Adrenal Fatigue". I am trying to get out the door to meet hubby for lunch (have to shower first!) but when I get back I will look in the book and see if he makes a connection. (My hubby's aunt has graciously taken the baby for the night so we take advantage of free babysitting when we can!!) I was really worried when my 7 yr old daughter was diagnosed with mono just a few months ago. I hope this doesn't give her problems later on in life. Have any of you read "The Diet Cure"? Julia Ross has a section on adrenals in her book. I have to get that out too, see what she says. After three or more (I have lost track) rounds of antibiotics her stomach has puffed out so much and I am concerned about her having yeast issues now. She cannot eat too much cheese as it hurts her stomach and when I voiced my concern to the ped about her antibiotic use she was very curt with me. She said I am just trying to get her well. But I knew that so much antibiotics would cause havoc. Anyway, enough about that.....I have a call into the doctor about my supplements so I will bring it up when I get the call back. Thanks for the info ladies. Very helpful.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Dawn:

I'm so sorry about your daughter having mono. If I knew then what I know now, I'd be a basket case when my son was little. (Well, I guess I still am, because his father passed away from Lupus related heart failure last July - which was one of my stress triggers, and his grandfather (my ex's father) had 4 heart attacks in his lifetime and I worry all the time about his heart health because he's overweight, but can't express that to him right now - not the right time.)

I never heard of the book, but I just looked up the google book, and another thing I saw that Vit. D is essential to support the adrenals. I had VERY low vit. D about 4 years ago, despite taking healthy doses of D. I probably wasn't taking the right form though.

Do you take amino acids at all? I was taking them at one time, but can't remember why I stopped. I just bought a whey protein powder that contains aminos so maybe that'll help.

I also was on a whole food diet for about 5 mos. before this last episode happened. I was eating better than I had in my life. I'm kind of down on the diet as cure, but I wish I knew if there was something about the diet that brought me down.

I also read in the excerpt that thryoid can be thrown off with low cortisol. And one sign is the cold hands/feet. I know you ladies have that, but I don't have it. I'm either cold all over, or overly warm all over. I have low tolerance to either temperature extremes. I sweat like crazy in the summer. Which is just bad for adrenals anyway.

Have a good time with your hubby today. Nice to get a break childfree!

Last edited by Snowangel11; 04-22-2009 at 08:05 AM..
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Oops, it was actually the "mood cure" that I was reading, by the same author.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Yes I definitely have cold hands / feet. I can't get to sleep at night until they get warm which can literally take hours!

I've noticed in the past week that I haven't burst into crying! I don't know if it's the additional supplements or vacation time I took, but I'm going to try and keep track of these changes.

2 questions for you guys:
1. Have you been on antibiotics for long periods of time?
I was on minocyclin/tetracyclin for like 9 years for acne, wondering if you all have had a prolonged experience as well.

2. I have noticed for a long time that I feel more energized drinking alcohol, does this happen to you?
I read that alcohol can increase cortisol levels and since mine are so low it might bring me back into normal range while also creating an unhealthy relationship with alcohol.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Meb,

I've never been on antibiotics for long periods. I was however on antibiotics at the same time that I was on high dose steroids for 2 of my IVF cycles. Which may be just as bad as long term if I'm thinking correctly (lowered immune system while taking abx). I had alot of stomach bugs as a child, but the past 10 or so years I rarely get sick.

That's really odd that you get energized from alcohol. I miss my Bailey's the most, but I have to save alcohol for very special occasions. It messes up my blood sugar. The morning after I'll usually end up with high fasting sugar (still within prediabetic range). Alcohol has always fatigued me.

Maybe it's just raising your blood sugar, and because it's low you feel better from the rise? Long term, it's not helpful to the adrenals because it just makes the liver less efficient at dealing with glucose. Have you ever tested your blood sugar at home? When I look at your cortisol levels, that's kind of scary how low they are. Less than 1 is really scary. In fact, to me, it seems beyond adrenal fatigue/exhaustion into adrenal insufficiency territory. I'd get a glucose monitor.

The bursts of crying - I get them when I have a rapid drop in blood sugar.

Last edited by Snowangel11; 04-22-2009 at 11:43 AM..
Old 04-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Oh geesh, I just realized you said you DIDN'T burst into crying. Duh.

Last edited by Snowangel11; 04-22-2009 at 11:46 AM..
Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

I was also reading about this today on Amazon & then looked into research & other articles. It's called Ribose, and is supposedly depleted with stress. It sounds like it basically pushes glucose back into the cells. Anyone with low cortisol w/hypoglycemia would have problems with that. That is one of the causes of that brain fog & memory problems from being hypo - it deprives the brain of glucose (I did way too much reading on that in the course of going through this.)

When I started Atkins I knew I was going to be in a worse place than the average low carber when it came to glycogen depletion. It does have some carbs in it (anywhere from 4-5g), but it's said very tiny amts. even work. I bought some on that bodybuilding website (not posting link for fear It'll get edited again anyway). I bought the NOW Ribose powder. But it's on many other vitamin stores online. I thought I heard of every supplement, but I never heard of this:

Quote:
Product Description
This clear, concise new book by Professor Emeritus Paul Addis discusses the importance of ribose, a naturally occurring sugar produced in the body from glucose. This slowly produced sugar is the structural backbone of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the energy molecule that powers all the body's cells, and is a pivotally important part of DNA, the body's information library known as the genetic code. Ribose has received increased attention recently because research has shown that, although it is essential for literally thousands of functions in all the cells and tissues, it is in short supply in the body. The sudden interest in ribose is also fueled by the constant stress many people now live with. Stress depletes the body's stores of ribose, and they can't be naturally replaced fast enough to maintain optimal health. The author says that restoring adequate levels of ribose to the body through supplementation is extremely beneficial in treating or preventing disorders such as chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, congestive heart failure, and ischemic heart disease. With brain metabolism and neurological disorders, people who have Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease have shown demonstrablly low levels of ATP. Supplementing with ribose has raised these lowered levels, and accoding to one theory, has even boosted the energy of brain tissue. Ribose also acts to control appetite and weight gain, and helps the body maintain a normal blood-sugar level, making it useful in treating diabetes. Another major benefit is how well it protects muscles from fatigue and soreness when they have been pushed to the limit in exercise. Ribose is a true rejuvenator that enhances health and wellness, and one small daily dose will give you more energy, help you think more clearly, and make you feel less pressured than you ever dreamed possible.
It's from "The Health Benefits of Ribose: The All-natural Energy Booster" book on amazon.

I don't care if it slows down my w/l a little because it is a sugar. But I'm fairly confident it probably won't.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #53

snow, There is another health show I watch and it is called "Your Health" with Dr. Becker. He hosts it along side his wife Cindy Becker. They are great. He is a DO and talks about the ribose. It is very good for you, even though it is a sugar. I am on a product called Beta Max 123...the bottle is upstairs. I will have to check it out later. But it is also a form of sugar (beta glucans) that is essential and very good for you. They have treated cancer with it. I will be on it indefinitely. My doctor thinks that highly of it. I don't think you will have a problem with the ribose.

and meb in answer to your questions
1. I have been on antibiotics, only once for a few months for what I thought was acne. Turns out I was having a yeast reaction and the antibiotics just aggravated it. The other times were for sinus and other respiratory infections.
2. No. I don't do alcohol. Don't like it and never really have. I have noticed that without my coffee in the afternoon (and without my chocolate throughout the day!) that I am ready for a nap at 3 PM. When I had my afternoon cup of coffee I would be fine until bedtime. So for me it was the caffeine keeping me going. Mind you I don't drink a pot of coffee. I just have one cup in the AM and one in the afternoon around 2:30. But I crave chocolate morning noon and night!!! I guess I was craving it (and am still craving it!) for the pick me up it was giving me. I never thought about that.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #54

snow,
About the vitamin D--my levels are low too. My doctor put me on vitamin D3 supplements and the levels have gone up. Just in the 3 months I have been supplementing. So that is encouraging. And with the aminos....that is how I got started in all this mess. I read "The Diet Cure" and was going to do her program. But realized that I was going to screw it up because I have a hard understanding this kind of stuff. So I decided to find a doctor that could help me on this path and take out the guesswork. So far, so good. I think if I couldn't find a doctor that was helpful then I would do what Julia recommends for the aminos. At least my doctor and her are on the same page as far as not having to need the supplements forever. You just taper off them when they are no longer necessary.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Oh cool. I'm glad it's good stuff.

I was going thru all the articles I had printed out awhile ago about pituitary & adrenal and saw that skin discoloration is also a symptom of addison's disease. Addison can be caused by autoimmune too. My 2 second memory is preventing me from remembering who has the discoloration. I think it's you Dawn?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
snow,
About the vitamin D--my levels are low too. My doctor put me on vitamin D3 supplements and the levels have gone up. Just in the 3 months I have been supplementing. So that is encouraging. And with the aminos....that is how I got started in all this mess. I read "The Diet Cure" and was going to do her program. But realized that I was going to screw it up because I have a hard understanding this kind of stuff. So I decided to find a doctor that could help me on this path and take out the guesswork. So far, so good. I think if I couldn't find a doctor that was helpful then I would do what Julia recommends for the aminos. At least my doctor and her are on the same page as far as not having to need the supplements forever. You just taper off them when they are no longer necessary.
Yeah, I think that's why I stopped them. But I had heard that as long as you take all of them, rather than singly, it's much safer. So I'll definately do it short term with the whey protein.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Oh and yes, I switched from the rock hard D tablets, to D3. I also have been taking a sublingual every other day. But trying to be careful not to get it up too high. Because I've been low in B12, and when I switched to sublingual, it went way too high. Which just leads me to believe in the leaky gut suspicion of my acu.

Last edited by Snowangel11; 04-22-2009 at 12:43 PM..
Old 04-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #58

Yeah, I have pigmentation on my skin. Silly me...I thought they were freckles!!! My mom said it was my skin protecting itself from the sun! My doctor said it would/should go away when my adrenals are healed. We will see.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My mom said it was my skin protecting itself from the sun! My doctor said it would/should go away when my adrenals are healed. We will see.
That's too funny about your mom. Where are yours located? I'm just wondering if the "age" spots that appeared a couple years ago on my legs very suddenly ironically when I came off steroids, are part of this. It never occurred to me. It's just one leg too. They're larger than the head of a pencil eraser (but light like a freckle).

Do you guys have any odd swelling? I had swollen ankles probably for a couple years. If I scratch myself, I get huge welts. And lately I've been getting large lumps on my face (sort of like cystic acne) that just appears and then disappears within hours. If I injure myself, it becomes way more than it should. I've stepped heavily off a ladder & hurt my ankle last June. It still hurts. At least if I know I'm not taking enough cortisone.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #60

snow,
My spots are on my arms. That is why my mom thinks they are from the sun. They certainly are not age spots (but have always wondered if they were!) because I am too young to have age spots. I am only 38!

No odd swelling, but I have had what seems to be acne on my neck. No break outs on the face, just my neck--and it is the sides too. I mentioned this the last time I was at my doctor's and she said that it was indeed acne. I thought it might be a yeast rash, but she says that the yeast (not candida either!) is on my forehead. I didn't even notice I had a rash on my forehead!! And this acne on my neck is around forever--doesn't come and go.

I looked at both books last night and didn't see where either one referenced a mono and adrenal connection. It may have been on a website that I visited too. Who knows? My memory is shot.