Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > General Health/Medical Issues
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LisaWV
Stats: 352/243/140
WOE: Open Trap - Insert Food
Start Date: Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by emijan View Post
[COLOR="Red"]I am personally ready to throw up from the description of how to do it alone....which is another method of weight loss.....[/COLOR]
I'm with her! omg...

Good luck with that...
LisaWV is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: faemajik
yes this am
tastes like olive oil
faemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaymoe
Stats: 283/231/135
WOE: K/E, Kimmer
Start Date: 53.75lbs since 9/18/06 29.75lbs since 1/2/07
Toothpaste Recipe

Thanks for the recipe Angela! I made it this afternoon and it seems great! I have to tweak it with the EOs, but easy to make and I have an oh-so-clean feeling mouth!

I'm really loving the OPing. I grabbed some sunflower oil at the store today and dug some VCO out of the back of my freezer. I'll have a go at both and see how they fair. I guess I'll just have to let the VCO melt in my mouth before I start swishing? Anybody here use it? I'm going to have my son start in the morning. I can't beat the importance of oral hygene into him So we're going to try this. Gave him a little tutorial on it this afternoon and he went about 10 minutes before his face hurt too bad to continue! But he thought his mouth felt awesome when he was done. Not bad for an 11 year old!

[COLOR=Magenta]Self Control is knowing you can - but choosing not to...[/COLOR]

283/231/135

50 Pounds Gone! Woo Hoo!!

Last edited by Kaymoe; 02-07-2007 at 03:44 PM..
Kaymoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
I found this thread intriguing so I started OPing three days ago. So far it has indeed whitened my teeth (already!) and the sensitive molar I have had for years seems to be a little less sensitive. I'm going to keep it up! I do 1TBSP of (light tasting) olive oil, it doesn't taste bad. It's just a little hard to do it for 20 minutes! But I busy myself around the house in the morning and with e-mails and it passes.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #125
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: catkin
Stats: Made Goal! 132 lbs.
WOE: hhcg
Just for clarity, the soap you pick for brushing doesn't need to have essential oils in it.
catkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mermaid
Stats: 244/145 (highest weight ever 293)
WOE: HCG homeopathic Atkins/fat fast
Start Date: restart 12/24/13
Okay, I'm in. I'll report back on appetite control. This is fascinating.
mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susume
Stats: 140/135/120 70 yr.old 4'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Well I just keep starting over.
annabird, go to to www.Cure.Zone.com and to to 3rd. colume and then
24th or so title down and read that one called oil pulling
and it say`s not to worry if you swallow it.
susume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #128
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: HaliciaW
Stats: 26/14/3 250/188/110
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1/15/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabird View Post
Wow - I really want to try this. Silly thing is I am afraid I will swallow some by accident. Have any of you? Any problems with that?

Facinating post - thank you!
So what if you do swallow it---------we use to eat it all the time....Only thing it may do is make you sit on your throne more than usual
HaliciaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: WildflowerMama
Stats: 185.5/143.2/revised to 140
Start Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by catkin View Post
Just for clarity, the soap you pick for brushing doesn't need to have essential oils in it.
Oh sorry! Your absolutely right. What I meant is that you want to pick one that doesn't have fragrance oils. Most will have essential oils and they are fine or you can buy it unscented but you want to make sure it's actually soap rather than a synthetic detergent bar.
WildflowerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Wow - 3 pages of threads. I'm sold - gonna try tomorrow.
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phoenix song
Stats: 303/236/170 5'8"
Start Date: Rejoined in Jan 2014
Quote:
Hi Barb! Make sure your oil isn't toasted sesame oil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island of Bluebells View Post
I second that!
Thanks ladies! The sesame oil that I used was regular 100% pure sesame oil. I read the post cautioning about that, and made sure before I used it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabird View Post
Wow - I really want to try this. Silly thing is I am afraid I will swallow some by accident. Have any of you? Any problems with that?
I didn't have any problems with swallowing. Then again, I wasn't afraid of swallowing either. It's a natural, edible oil and wouldn't affect me, I'm sure, in small quantities.

I tried my first OP this morning! I was really surprised at the ease of it! I was afraid of being nauseous or of not being able to continue for 20 mins. I busied myself with normal things like washing and blow-drying my hair, and the time flew by.

My teeth are already whiter, and feel much cleaner. And I did notice that I wasn't as hungry as usual. I haven't been going around hungry since I started Atkins, but I found that when I did sit down to eat I was satisfied much sooner than I was before.

I'd recommend it to anybody!

Barb
Phoenix song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #132

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I don't understand the benefits of a tooth soap? wouldn't it taste like . . .y'know . . .soap?

I've been using plain baking soda for yearss and the dental students who clean my teeth run to get their instructors to see how clean my teeth stay without toothpaste. (Brag!) but really, what are the benefits?

Also, do any of you OP at night before bed?
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mama Crow
Stats: 181/143/140 ^^5'3
WOE: Not Sure WHAT Plan I'm On
Start Date: February 1, 2007
The Benefits of Brushing With Soap

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I don't understand the benefits of a tooth soap? wouldn't it taste like . . .y'know . . .soap?

I've been using plain baking soda for yearss and the dental students who clean my teeth run to get their instructors to see how clean my teeth stay without toothpaste. (Brag!) [COLOR="Red"]but really, what are the benefits? [/COLOR]
Well, in a nutshell ... below are some excellent points to consider. The original dissertation is rather "dry" and full of scientific jargon ... but if you want the link to the entire study, I'll be more than happy to post the link for you.

Anyway, here is a letter Dr. Judd sent to Washington some years ago. It is to the point, and quickly touches upon all of his theories (without all the added hoop-lah.)

Maybe it will help clarify what we're raving about, and why.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Letter from Dr. Gerard F. Judd, Ph.D., Chemist, Researcher for 18 years,
Professor of Chemistry for 33 yrs.

April 2002

Dear Government Executive and Employee:

We can all stop spending billions for American dental work and research. Let me tell you why: I have learned the real causes of dental cavities and gum infection. People, including you, will now be able to take care of their own dentistry with insignificant cost, and end with perfect teeth. Cavities and gum infections are ended!

A great amount of REPUTABLE DENTAL RESEARCH proves the following:

1. Tooth cavities will be ended simply by rinsing acids off the teeth. ACIDS ALONE EAT THE ENAMEL. THERE WOULD BE NO CAVITIES IN THE WORLD if all people rinsed acids from their teeth promptly. Just sip water, milk or other liquid while eating. Water reacts with acids.

2. Foods and drinks, other than those containing acids, have no action on tooth enamel. SUGARS HAVE NO ACTION ON THE ENAMEL.

3. Bacteria cannot damage the enamel (calcium hydroxy phosphate). There is no such thing as decay of the enamel since bacteria require carbon and hydrogen to live. Billions of human and animal remains show teeth and bones are resistant to earth-bound organisms.

4. Teeth reenamalize when clean. TO MAKE TEETH CLEAN ONE BRUSHES WITH ANY BAR SOAP. Soap washes off in just 2 rinses. What about toothpastes? Glycerine in all tooth pastes is so sticky that it takes 27 washes to get it off. Teeth brushed with any toothpaste are coated with a film and CANNOT PROPERLY REENAMELIZE.

5. Taking calcium and phosphate in the diet results in reenamelization of the teeth, but only when they are clean. Bar soap does a perfect job in cleaning the surface. The enamel thickens and becomes less sensitive. Adenosine diphosphatase furnishes phosphate to teeth.

6. Gums are disinfected by brushing with any bar soap. Not only bacteria and viruses are destroyed promptly by small amounts of soap in water, but also white flies and aphids. Gardeners: Spray 1 tsp of dishwashing soap in 1 gallon of water to kill white flies and aphids.

7. Plaque, a poorly formed crystal stuck to the bottom of the enamel, is prevented and eventually removed by brushing with bar soap. Dental procedures to get the badly formed crystals off dig holes through the enamel. These cavities catch food and cause gum infection.

8. Prevention of plaque retards gum pockets. GUM POCKETS are formed as the plaque pushes the gums away from the teeth. GUM POCKETS, from 1 to 8 mm deep, ARE ALSO FORMED BY FLUORIDE, WHICH SEVERS THE PROTEIN MOLECULES ADHERING THE GUMS TO THE TEETH. SOAP PREVENTS GINGIVITIS caused by bacteria which is lodged in the gum pockets.

9. VITAMIN C AND PHOSPHATE help knit the gums back to the teeth. Pressing against the gums with fingers forces adhesive materials from the gums onto the teeth, which helps the process. Abscesses can be offset by holding Cepacol (14% alcohol) in the mouth 5 minutes.

10. “Receding gum” surgery will end when the GUM POCKETS cease. The very mention of the procedure, which involves transferring flesh from the roof of the mouth to the excised area of the gums, is a heinous and useless procedure which ought to pass into oblivion.

11. REMOVAL OF FLUORIDE FROM DRINKING WATER, PASTES OR GELS SAVES THE ENZYME ADENOSINE DIPHOSPHATASE so it can deliver phosphate to calcium at the tooth surface, RESULTING IN A BEAUTIFUL, SEMI-FLEXIBLE ENAMEL.

12. As stated above, THE GUMS CAN BE RECONNECTED TO THE TEETH BY TAKING VITAMIN C (ASCORBIC ACID) (1 tsp) with Arm and Hammer baking soda (1/2 tsp) in 1 inch of water, letting it fizz and then diluting to 1/2 to 1 cup with water, then drinking. The resulting SODIUM ASCORBATE is non-acid, very pure and a thousand times more soluble than vitamin C. SODIUM ASCORBATE IS MORE REACTIVE THAN ASCORBIC ACID (C) in building connective tissue and antibody structures and more effective in killing some viruses and bacteria.

13. Receding gums and plaque are ended when soap is used for brushing and VITAMIN C IS TAKEN DAILY AS DESCRIBED IN #12.

14. 30% of American youths ages 8-10 have no cavities. 100% of Ugandan youths ages 6-10 have no cavities. What does this tell us?

15. THE REASON UGANDAN YOUTHS HAVE 3 TIMES BETTER TEETH THAN AMERICAN YOUTHS IS BECAUSE they do not consume as many acid foods. have no fluoride in their drinking water, have regular meals rather than sipping acid drinks all day, have more calcium and phosphate in their diet, and have fewer dentists to “WORK ON” their teeth.

16. DENTAL LITERATURE says 42% OF AMERICANS OVER 65 HAVE NO NATURAL TEETH while 25% OF THOSE OVER 43 HAVE NONE.

17. Dental literature says AMERICANS AGE 43 AVERAGE 32 CAVITIES, those AGE 17 HAVE 13 CAVITIES, blacks and poverty stricken (without calcium and phosphate) have twice this and the native Americans have four times this amount. The NATIVE AMERICAN PLIGHT CAN BE BLAMED ON THEIR POOR NUTRITION, EXCESSIVE FLUORIDATION AND FREE BUT IMPROPER DENTAL CARE.

18. IF FLUORIDATION WERE EFFECTIVE IN PREVENTING CAVITIES, NATIVE AMERICANS WOULD HAVE THE LEAST CAVITIES OF ANY GROUP. THEY HAVE HAD FORCED FLUORIDATION FOR APPROXIMATELY 62 YEARS.

19. Spokesmen for national groups are beginning to notice AN ALARMING RISE IN CAVITIES AMONG CHILDREN AND TEENS. Same dentists recommend DENTAL SEALANTS, especially for older teens not previously considered candidates for the treatment. But if sealants are now ordered, AREN’T DENTISTS ADMITTING NO CONFIDENCE IN THE ABILITY OF FLUORIDE TO PREVENT CAVITIES?

20. FLUORIDE in water at I part per million INCREASED TOOTH CAVITIES in four large reliable studies 7.22.45 and 10% (average 21 %). The reason far these increases has to do with the fact that adenosine diphosphatase is destroyed by fluoride and CALCIUM FLUORIDE which slips into the enamel, IS ALIEN TO THE TOOTH COMPOSITE AND MAKES THE ENAMEL WEAK, BRITTLE AND DISCOLORED.

21. THE HEALTH OF AMERICAN TEETH WILL INCREASE TO BE VERY NEARLY PERFECT if the regimen of WATER RINSING, SOAP BRUSHING AND TAKING CALCIUM, PHOSPHATE AND VITAMIN C IN THE DIET is implemented.

22. Fortunately, we now know the current ‘teeth perfecting protocol” of dentistry with fluoridation is flawed. IF THE EARLY ESTIMATES OF 80% TOOTH IMPROVEMENT IN CHILDRENS’ TEETH BY AGE 13 WERE TRUE, EACH AMERICAN WOULD NOW HAVE LESS THAN ONE CAVITY. That is far from true. The teeth in America are in a sorry state, AND AT THE PRESENT TIME ARE GETTING WORSE.

23. Numerous top scientists over the past 60 years have discarded the theory that fluoride helps teeth, or is a nutrient helpful to man

24. TO AVOID FLUORIDE IS TO PREVENT MORE THAN 114 AILMENTS listed with references in a book Good Teeth Birth to Death by Gerard F. Judd, Ph.D.. These 114 MEDICAL SIDE EFFECTS extend all the way from cancer down to headaches CAUSED BY 1 PPM FLUORIDE IN THE WATER. Thirteen of these side effects are proved by a double blind study on 60 patients by 12 physicians, 1 pharmacist and 1 attorney.

25. The mechanism for destruction of enzymes by fluoride has been proven by x-ray studies. Hydrogen bonds are broken by fluoride.

26. Fluoride is the smallest negative particle on the face of the earth. Since the FLUORIDE PARTICLES ARE SO SMALL and so intensely negative, THEY CONNECT WITH THE HYDROGEN BONDS HOLDING THE ENZYME COILS IN PLACE and ruin every enzyme molecule at very low concentration, around 1-3 ppm. These enzymes are often 3,000 or more times the small size of the fluoride. The effect is ruinous.

27. To avoid fluoride is to prevent the destruction of 83 enzymes listed with references in Good Teeth, Birth to Death, by Gerard F. Judd, Ph.D.. FLUORIDE IS A SEVERE BIOLOGICAL POISON. Being intensely negative, it unlatches positive hydrogen bonds in enzymes AND proteins.

28. It is fortunate we have learned fluoride is a nerve poison. FLUORIDE CAUSES CAVITIES. There is not the slightest doubt.

29. Methylmercury formed from amalgams in the body is deadly. It causes brain disease. Fillings made of quartzite and epoxy are a safe substitute.

30. Fluoride harms the economy by MAKING PEOPLE PURCHASE OTHER THAN CITY WATER to avoid it. It also harms the economy by making people dependent an undependable professions that know nothing about it. Ignorance about fluoride and what it does is worldwide.

31. Keep the teeth moist. Teeth that are dry “craze” (crack). If you chew ice, teeth may crumble. Teeth do have a breaking strength.

32. LOOK IN YOUR MOUTH. Tell the dentist(s) what you want done and get several bids for examination and work. Save your fortunes.

We now know we can cancel the green light given by Harry Truman with the help of Congress TO SUBSIDIZE DENTISTRY. BILLIONS OF DOLLARS BEING WASTED in this regard (Public Law 755, June 24,1948) CAN NOW BE RETURNED TO TKE TAXPAYERS.

I hope you will put this information in the hands of your Congress persons so they and we may alert the newspapers, radio and TV stations, magazines, and all other news media as well as their friends, families, and associates about this giant leap in dental technology.

I ask for your feedback on this letter and I would also like you to ask for feedback from the ones you contact. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Respectfully yours,

Gerard F. Judd, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Chemistry

PARTIAL CREDENTIALS OF DR JUDD -- as of March, 2005 -- 6615 West Lupine, Glendale AZ 85304

1. Ph.D. from Purdue University.

2. Researcher in industry: 18 yrs.

3. Prof of chemistry: 33 yrs; retired professor emeritus.

4. Fluoride laboratory studies: Linde, Purdue, Wright Field and Phoenix College, 13 yrs.

5. Author, revised: Good Teeth Birth to Death, 117 pp. July 1997.

6. Author, revised: Chemistry, Its Uses In Everyday Life, 305 pp. July 1997.

7. Author, Workbook, Self Quizzes and Laboratory Assignments for Chemistry, Its Uses In Everyday Life, July 16, 1997.

8. Author, Chemical Hygiene Plan, 89 pp., 4-23-1998.

9. Speaker, writer, radio host, bookseller, age 79, continuing as of March, 2005.

10. Fighter for truth in practical uses of chemistry. [/COLOR]
Old 02-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OPing (especially with Coconut Oil) is capable of giving you renewed "feel-good" energy ... it has been known to keep some people revved up late at night.

Some people only pull in the morning, and others (like myself) pull several times during the day.

I suppose it can be chalked up to "everybody's body is different."
Mama Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:35 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Hey Mama Crow, I'd like the original link. I can't stand the fluoride con. I'm interested to know more about the glycerine factor, since I do put that in my homemade toothpaste. The use of the word "soap" is vague, also. I've found that it's the sodium laurel sulfate in dish soap that kills the bugs-- we use diluted Dawn to kill any little ants that come marching along through the kitchen, it kills them on contact. (And this is the stuff we wash our bodies, teeth, dishes and babies with??) So, I think maybe the original link would clear some things up for me. Thanks!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:48 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Another question for anyone: I noticed that plenty of people are using an array of different oils, despite the fact that the research done has said the only oils that have all the seemingly "magical" health benefits are cold pressed sesame and sunflower. Don't you think using anything else would be a waste of time? I've been using olive oil until I could get the sesame, and I was just wondering. The olive oil felt nice, but how do I really know it's helping me the way the research shows sesame and sunflower does?

Last edited by glamazon; 02-08-2007 at 12:50 AM..
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fauntlen
Start Date: August 2006/June 2011
Quote:
BB! Hey, do you have any dental issues? I have some receding gums--they say OPing is excellent for that!

Call me crazy but I also started brushing my teeth with Dr. Bronner's bar soap. Found out about this while reading about OPing. My mouth has NEVER felt so clean. Breath is incredible! The soap kills bacteria and neutralizes everything. Toothpaste ingredients basically make your mouth a haven for bacteria. No more morning mouth--honest!
Where do you buy Dr. Bonner's bar soap?
fauntlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:13 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Basically if there is a seed or nut, and you can find a cold pressed oil made from that ... you can OP with it.

Sesame and sunflower are the ones mentioned by Dr. Karach and Lt. Col. Rao; however, people have used a variety of oils with interesting results and individual success.

The point is find the ones that work FOR YOU ... and alternate between them.

Plant-derived oils that are organic, cold-pressed, extra virgin seem to show the most positive results for OPing.

Some have reported adding an essential oil to alter the flavor or provide an extra benefit.

One or two have even mentioned using fish oil (uuuggghh!)

I do know these oils are NOT recommended:

Peanut oil - aflatoxin from aspergillus mold
Cotton Seed - chemicals used in farming
Soy - most today are genetically altered
Canola - genetically altered rapeseed
Corn - chemically expelled

Hope this helps!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:50 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scottish steve
Start Date: Jan 1999
Hi Guys ..
I've been lurking about this thread with alot of interest for a while now and started O.P'ing 3 days ago with cold pressed sunflower oil...the results have been very good so far, even after such a short period of time - whiter teeth, breath seems to be alot better ( especially in the morning) and my sensitive molar isn't sensitive any more.
for the 1st 2 days i had a big headache , the first in years...but from what i read on the site, that's probably connected and normal.
I'm doing 2 / 20 minute sessions a day with no problems at all - no gagging etc.
I just make sure i get busy with something ( like making fauxtatoes....lol ) as i'm doing it and the time goes quickly.
Thanks for all the info - oil pulling is now part of my daily routine
Steve
scottish steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Oil-lay!!!

That's my oily translation of the Spanish word "Ole!" ... "Bravo, Steve ... bravo!"

(I'm such a dork.)

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Last edited by Mama Crow; 02-08-2007 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: typo ... oops.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:34 AM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DEBI IN OHIO
Stats: 235.5/-----/150ish?
WOE: Diabetic.lower carbs
Start Date: 05/01, restart 2/22/08 again
i have very bad gum disease and this has never been suggested to me, wonder why
DEBI IN OHIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:54 AM   #142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbiedowner
Stats: Restart 220/220/120
WOE: boost exercise, eat less, then lc
Start Date: 1/2013
Ok, I was going to report you all to the Thread Master for totally punking me.. but now I think I am going to try it.. I mean as an irish red head I have always had naturally yellow teeth.. Mostly becasue they are right next to my PALE SICKLY SKIN how could they NOT seem yellow- hahahaha..

But I will actually try it... well, after I drink two more cups of starbucks casi cielo and 3 more coke zeros that is... so i'm guessing those with great results either gave up of never drank coffee or soda for this grand experiment? No can do there!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:36 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: faemajik
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Okay, I'm in. I'll report back on appetite control. This is fascinating.
hasnt had any effect on me for that area

Quote:

I've been using plain baking soda for yearss and the dental students who clean my teeth run to get their instructors to see how clean my teeth stay without toothpaste. (Brag!) but really, what are the benefits?

soap tastes like soap period
toothpaste tastes like it does due to chemicals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Crow View Post
Oil-lay!!!

That's my oily translation of the Spanish word "Ole!" ... "Bravo, Steve ... bravo!"

(I'm such a dork.)

Please keep us updated on your progress.
kute

ok I do mine 2 times a day, morning and night
I did look for CP Coconut oil at the health store yesterday and it was 25.00 a jar, mmmmmmm no thanks

question, luanna coconut oil at walmart, it says 100% pure, natural CO, will that suffice? I am gonna go to kroger today and see if they have CP sunflower or sesame
faemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:46 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Dabbadooey
WOE: Weight Watchers....again
Ok just started this morning after finding this thread...think I'm doing it in the morning and afternoon. I'm using olive oil until I can get some sesame or sunflower oil. I hope it's going to whiten my teeth, because those OTC products make my teeth hurt!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: WildflowerMama
Stats: 185.5/143.2/revised to 140
Start Date: Nov 2006
I tried this last night with EVOO. I'm a gagger so I expected it to be tough. It was tough but not as bad as I envisioned. I only made it 7 minutes. But, I think a lot had to do with the fact that my jaw started hurting and I don't care for the taste of straight up olive oil. I'm going to get some sunflower today and try that - it's a much lighter oil.

I will say that I do have that morning breath taste like always. But, like I said, I only did the oil 7 minutes, brushed with soap and rinsed with mouthwash.

One interesting side effect is that I didn't get anything out when I flossed! I usually brush, floss, rinse. And when I normally floss after brushing, there still particles the toothbrush didn't get. But, with the oil pull, there was nothing at all - my teeth were completely clean.

Losing weight is hard, but being fat is harder. Choose your hard.

Don't sit if you can stand. Don't stand if you can walk. Don't walk if you can run. Get Moving!
WildflowerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Hey Mama Crow, I'd like the original link. I can't stand the fluoride con. I'm interested to know more about the glycerine factor, since I do put that in my homemade toothpaste.
I was thinking the same thing after I read Mama's post last night since I made your toothpaste yesterday. It still has an intensly more clean feel - for me - when I'm done brushing. Maybe substituting a thin, stable oil would suffice? I'd be interested in the link as well.

Pulled before I went to bed last night - no sweaters this morning!

Enjoy your day!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildflowerMama View Post
I tried this last night with EVOO. I'm a gagger so I expected it to be tough. It was tough but not as bad as I envisioned. I'm going to get some sunflower today and try that - it's a much lighter oil.
I got sunflower yesterday and used it last night. I pulled with the VCO this morning. Both a much 'easier' pull than the thicker EVOO. HTH!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:58 AM   #148

Gallery: catkin
Stats: Made Goal! 132 lbs.
WOE: hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Another question for anyone: I noticed that plenty of people are using an array of different oils, despite the fact that the research done has said the only oils that have all the seemingly "magical" health benefits are cold pressed sesame and sunflower. Don't you think using anything else would be a waste of time? I've been using olive oil until I could get the sesame, and I was just wondering. The olive oil felt nice, but how do I really know it's helping me the way the research shows sesame and sunflower does?
Some believe that sesame and sunflower were plentiful where OP originated and that's why they're listed so often. Make sense?
catkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:10 AM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Gosh - so much to read here... this is all quite fascinating.

I tried this morning, got through 14 minutes then I had the sudden urge to COUGH. I repeat, do NOT cough with a mouth of oil. Thank gawd I was at the sink.

Anyways, I'm going to copy and paste a lot of the stuff from here into a word document so I can refer and learn more about the glycerine, making own toothpaste, etc.
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shars
Stats: 142/132/123
Start Date: Restart 05/26/10
What's the take on antiseptic mouthwash? My dentist says to dip a floss stick in it, and floss.

I have done the evoo for 2 days, will get coconut oil today. Would like to rid myself of the mouthwash, makes sense not to use it! Also will look for tooth soap.
shars is offline   Reply With Quote