Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilypond
WOE: Celiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
Thanks lilypond sounds yummy! Closest costco is 4 hours away, but the local store has a few frozen fruit choices and almost always bananas. Definitely a healthier option. Makes me think of the Yonana (?) infomercial.

I think that the fake/real sugar and all the other additives just make me crave more and more.

Years ago I used to just throw bananas in the freezer what a pain to try to peel frozen bananas! Felt pretty smart when I started to peel them first

Sorry about all the 's (feelin' kinda goofy )

Linda

lol i did the peel and all once lol. had to try to pare the freezing banana. i always have nanners in the freezer. helps cool down fresh friut smoothies
lilypond is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pforrester View Post
How many days of rest between Callanetics?
I always take at least one day in between. That's just what my body seems happiest with. I try not to take longer than two days off between but sometimes life just gets too complicated and it gets to three. By day four I'm desperate for a session. I seem to be most content with a Monday, Thursday, Saturday schedule.

Callanetics is usually working your body more than you realize. The real work is going on very deep and it's important to give your body the time to adjust to those deep changes.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:31 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Hi everyone,

I have been pulsing (not much though!) but not posting. I think posting here makes me a) more accountable and b) more aware of my form thanks to everyone's questions and answers. So I think I shall do so more often.

I did the toning session from Cardio Callanetics DVD this morning. Struggled with the 2nd pelvic floor exercise but feel like I had a bit of a breakthrough with the pelvic wave (arms waving to each side/behind). Always a work in progress!
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:22 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pforrester
Stats: 156/125.5/125
WOE: LCHF + JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins 2/1/11 - JUDDD 8/9/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
I always take at least one day in between. That's just what my body seems happiest with. I try not to take longer than two days off between but sometimes life just gets too complicated and it gets to three. By day four I'm desperate for a session. I seem to be most content with a Monday, Thursday, Saturday schedule.

Callanetics is usually working your body more than you realize. The real work is going on very deep and it's important to give your body the time to adjust to those deep changes.
Thanks Susan. I am also doing eccentric exercises which I am only supposed to do once a week b/c it takes the muscles 6 days to recover b/c they are type 2B muscles ( whatever that is)Callanetics do not interfere with my ability to do the eccentrics. I would like to try to do them as often as possible.

Does one ever get to the point of maintenance and being able to do them less often while maintaining muscle tone?
pforrester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/140/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
11/12

Oh those recipes you guys posted sounds delicious!
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:16 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cucui
Stats: 274/244/150
WOE: Moderate Carb Vegetarian
Adding session 5 & 6/10. It's been a struggle, but I'm trying to get them in when I can. Next month I'm thinking of trying Evolution to see how it goes. I have been a 10 in 10 girl because it always gets results but it'll be nice to try something new.
Cucui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:22 AM   #157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fit4eva
Callanetics 10/10 is my 2/10 goal.

Is anyone away of the benefits of the pelvic rotations? If so, could you please explain it to me. I'm doing the videos properly at the moment, but I'm interested in doing shorter sessions later on.So, I'd like to know how necessary the pelvic rotations are or what the benefits are.

Thanks.

Have a great week!
fit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
Hey Ladies,
I am picking up the Callanetics torch with renewed optimism. I am enrolling my two older babes in public school, and I have my Grandfather coming next week to visit...BUT - my husband is organizing our bedroom tv stuff and within the week I should have a devoted area for Callanetics with the vcr hooked up so I can do all my tapes.

I feel flabby, and lethargic, and just stiff. Callanetics has really been missed the last 6 weeks. Anyways...Just wanted to let you all know I'll be joining your awesome ranks again here - maybe even get a session in today.
Goal#1: Fit into my wedding dress (265 will do it)
Goal#2: Fit into my size 18 denim skirt (Guessing 215)
Restart weight: 307 on 12/1
Be firmly in twoterville within 2 weeks.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Two more sessions = 9 1/2, August

I got a session in on Sunday, but was too busy to do more than swing through and speed read. Sunday's session was focused on the Upper Body. I keep playing with the movement of extending the arms to the side and rotating them over, keeping the wrists and hands completely relaxed and using just the muscles of the upper arm to wring the upper arms out. I'm working on being able to make that happen without losing the horizontal line of the outstretched arms. It's as tough as it sounds. I can be found practicing all the time.

Today I chose one of my most demanding routines. I call it my Transitional Workout because the goal is to be able eventually to smoothly transition from one position to another with no break in continuity. I have a long way to go to reach that goal, but I find it to be one of my most demanding routines and a favorite when I'm looking for an extended session. Today I chose to slow it down just a bit. That made it even more intense and added another hour onto the time. Two hours after finishing and I can still feel the muscles in my neck pulling in. Wow!

I tried to focus my concentration today on relaxation and rotations. I suddenly realized that I no longer simply turn around. I rotate the torso. The muscles of my torso jump to their job of moving my bones around to suit the moment's demands and they rotate the torso around. Now I'm a bit obsessed with rotations. As I set up for movements this morning I paused momentarily to consider where I wanted my bones to go and what level of relaxation would be called for to get there without tension. Then I took a deep breath and let it happen as I exhaled and extended. Pause another moment to reset and relax, another deep breath as I stretch for greater length, exhaling and letting it happen.

Positioning is becoming like an art form with me. There's a mental checkpoint that instantly flashes through my mind before I begin pulsing.
- What other tension can I release?
- Make sure the check points are aligned.
- Activate counter extensions.
- Scapulae relaxed, down, wide
- Extend , relax, pulse

I've been struck frequently lately with the reality that I am just now beginning to understand Callanetics. I've reached a level that I can feel the muscles moving and understand the who, what and why all that happens. I'm getting quite adept at counter extending, creating that internal length that allows the pulse to be pushed deeper into the muscle fibers. I'm finally beginning to truly understand what it means to work "relaxed and effortless". All this awareness has resulted in mind-blowing sessions. It all started with simply seeing it and believing it would happen in time.

Rachel walked in today as I was making the transition from Daily Stretch and Callanetics and exclaimed in surprise. It's been a while since she saw me in something clingy. I gravitate to gym shorts and grey tees. She was stunned at the way my body is beginning to pull in. You can't have enough of those moments, can you?

I'll be back later to catch up. Time to hunt and gather for dinner.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit4eva View Post
Callanetics 10/10 is my 2/10 goal.

Is anyone away of the benefits of the pelvic rotations? If so, could you please explain it to me. I'm doing the videos properly at the moment, but I'm interested in doing shorter sessions later on.So, I'd like to know how necessary the pelvic rotations are or what the benefits are.

Thanks.

Have a great week!
When you consider the complexity of the pelvic area and then think about everything that has to move in order to execute well-maintained pelvic rotations you won't consider leaving them out. They dramatically strengthen the entire musculature from the knees through the crown. They contribute mightily to increased blood flow to the pelvic region. They work the psoas unlike any other movement, and your psoas are instrumental in your core stability and proper alignment. Not to mention that they will positively impact your sex life. This is an incomplete list of their benefits. In time they tend to become a favorite movement of long-term practitioners. They never get easier, just more controlled.

You can get away with doing less reps better than leaving them out. It is perfectly acceptable to set yourself a maintenance routine that includes 1/2 to 3/4 of the regular reps and only do a full run once a week.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Hey Ladies,
I am picking up the Callanetics torch with renewed optimism. I am enrolling my two older babes in public school, and I have my Grandfather coming next week to visit...BUT - my husband is organizing our bedroom tv stuff and within the week I should have a devoted area for Callanetics with the vcr hooked up so I can do all my tapes.

I feel flabby, and lethargic, and just stiff. Callanetics has really been missed the last 6 weeks. Anyways...Just wanted to let you all know I'll be joining your awesome ranks again here - maybe even get a session in today.
Wonderful news Kati. All good things....
Old 08-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hour 5 complete!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucui View Post
Adding session 5 & 6/10. It's been a struggle, but I'm trying to get them in when I can. Next month I'm thinking of trying Evolution to see how it goes. I have been a 10 in 10 girl because it always gets results but it'll be nice to try something new.
I was a strict 10/10 girl for years. Last year I began adding variation, starting with Evolution, and I haven't had a boring session since. I highly recommend the more organic approach of many of Evolution's movements.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
Hour 5 complete!
Old 08-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been pulsing (not much though!) but not posting. I think posting here makes me a) more accountable and b) more aware of my form thanks to everyone's questions and answers. So I think I shall do so more often.

I did the toning session from Cardio Callanetics DVD this morning. Struggled with the 2nd pelvic floor exercise but feel like I had a bit of a breakthrough with the pelvic wave (arms waving to each side/behind). Always a work in progress!
I'm not sure if I shared this with you before.

There have been modifications to this movement since Evolution was released. The rotation to the side is now done keeping the arms on a smooth horizontal plane, instead of swooping to the side. Make every attempt to let that rotation come strictly from the mid back. There's a strong tendency to lead with the arms. I work hard to let the arms move only as an extension of the torso rotation. Keeping the eyes focused on the fingertips of the arm rotating helps to maintain the integrity of the movement. The pelvis and legs are completely stable. Think about lengthening through the crown the entire time.

I've been practicing this rotation just standing around waiting in lines while I shop and occasionally while spending time in waiting rooms at doctor appointments. That practice has been quite helpful in getting a better handle on the movement itself. I believe this is my favorite of all the abs movements.

Try mixing it up a bit. Sometimes I like to do a wave to the front followed by a rotation to one side, then another wave to the front and a rotation to the other side and repeat the sequence 9 more times.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pforrester View Post
Thanks Susan. I am also doing eccentric exercises which I am only supposed to do once a week b/c it takes the muscles 6 days to recover b/c they are type 2B muscles ( whatever that is)Callanetics do not interfere with my ability to do the eccentrics. I would like to try to do them as often as possible.

Does one ever get to the point of maintenance and being able to do them less often while maintaining muscle tone?
When you have reached a point where you feel you have some decent mastery over the movements and your body is where you want it to be there is a shorter version that can be done in about 1/2 hour every day or so, with one full session a week. In actuality, one could maintain a trained Callanetics body with one good session a week. It's a more-the-merrier kind of thing.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pforrester
Stats: 156/125.5/125
WOE: LCHF + JUDDD
Start Date: Atkins 2/1/11 - JUDDD 8/9/14
Oh that is very good information. Thanks Susan
pforrester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bacon
Stats: 185/151.6/145
WOE: Moderate carb, Paleo-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucui View Post
I have done a Pilates Class, Lotte Berk videos and T-tapp. I like Callanetics better. The movement seem more concentrated. Lotte moved to fast. T-tapp was boring. Pilate was okay but I looked at the bodies of people doing it for year and they didn't have the shape I wanted. YMMV.
I've done Bar Method (based on Lotte Berk's stuff I think), T-Tapp, and Callanetics. I actually really like all three, and have been cycling through a 60-day focus on each method.

Bar was faster paced, and by far the most difficult for me. I get a bit sweaty and my heart rate elevates significantly during the thigh work. There is a heavy emphasis on the exhale. A lot of the movements are very similar to Callanetics, but the pacing is a bit different. You are encouraged to work to the point of trembling. There's a strong focus on thighs/butt -- my thighs got significantly smaller. The regulars in class had great butts. If you want something more energetic and high effort, Bar's great. I got great results in the two months I was working on Bar Method, going 3-4x/week. I loved it, but took a break because of vacation, and classes are a bit pricey. I'd like to do it for another month when I'm solidly in town.

Callanetics feels more relaxed than Bar, which lets me focus more deeply. I haven't been able to commit to more than 2-3x/week since starting, but think I'd get a lot better results if I did it 3-4x like Bar Method. The newer Evolution DVD and more modern Callanetics techniques actually resemble the movements in Bar Method more closely than the classic videos, which might be why I prefer them; since I had hands-on training in classes for Bar Method, I feel like my form is a lot better on Evolution than it is with 10 in 10. Not sure how my results have been on Callanetics alone since I haven't dedicated as much time as I could be to it.

T-Tapp is awesome as a wellness workout, especially the 15 minute basic work out (or 18 minute work out to tempo), and is my bread and butter for getting some activity in each day. I've done the basic work out every day or every other day fairly consistently after dislocating my elbow in late April, and have it memorized so I can do it while I'm travelling. Teresa Tapp is kind of adorable. I haven't done any of the longer routines very consistently to judge them on their results, but just placed an order for a couple of the new DVDs that came out (they're currently running a huge 50% off promo for DVDs just this Tuesday 8/26 to celebrate Teresa's 57th, you can find the code on the site). The workouts seem to make me sweat more than Callanetics. My favorite is to actually do the 15 minute workout, and add some Callanetics arms/waist stretching exercises/some standing leg work if I have time.

I can't really attribute my success to any one program, as I've kind of been doing all of them (plus I'm generally active with cycling and rock climbing), but I've lost ~12 lbs and many inches since the start of May. Think I started close to a size 12 (maybe 14) and am now able to fit into some size 9 jeans. The results came way faster after I cleaned up the diet a bit.

Last edited by Bacon; 08-26-2014 at 06:09 PM..
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
I've done Bar Method (based on Lotte Berk's stuff I think), T-Tapp, and Callanetics. I actually really like all three, and have been cycling through a 60-day focus on each method.......

That is some fantastic info! Thanks!

I'm used to doing intensive or more energetic exercise routines than Callanetics, so I've been curious to see what else I could do. Psychologically, I tend to fair better on other things. I'm training myself into Callanetics lol!

I've got some DVDs for some of those programs, so if I get too bored with Callanetics but need to do a similar workout, then at least i know they work!

Did you find that they affected your fitness or did they affect your body's appearance and alignment, posture etc? In other words, did you feel more capable or did you just look better?
Old 08-27-2014, 02:54 AM   #170
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
When you consider the complexity of the pelvic area and then think about everything that has to move in order to execute well-maintained pelvic rotations you won't consider leaving them out. ........

Thanks for the info, Susan.

I also found the info that you gave on how often to do Callanetics to be beneficial. My goal at the moment is to do it 3 or 4 times a week to get quick results, so that by the end of the year, my body is where I want it to be so that I can incoprotate other things by reducing my Callanetics sessions. In saying that, maybe I enjoy it more and by then don't want to do anything else!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Bacon, thank you for that insightful review of those three methods. It is so helpful to have first hand references.

I've finally gotten permission to use the locked courtyard behind our building for rebounding. Now I just need to find the slot in my busy daily schedule to do it.

They say that 80% of your weight is attributable to diet alone. Without dietary restraint I sometimes feel like I'm spitting into the wind. I've been particularly lax in this respect and am seeking the motivation and inspiration to get back to decent eating again. Although I haven't lost any weight since New Years I am still continuing to pull in to present a thinner profile. Callanetics is such a powerful program that I truly believe that it will eventually get my body back to normal all on its own. The only reasons I want to introduce rebounding is to jump start the weight drop again and to enjoy the benefits rebounding offers. I bought this mini tramp without thinking that I live in an old apartment building with old wooden floors. In other words, I didn't think it through. It's been sitting unused for much too long. Time to test it out. Now, where's the time?
Old 08-27-2014, 05:44 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Susan.

I also found the info that you gave on how often to do Callanetics to be beneficial. My goal at the moment is to do it 3 or 4 times a week to get quick results, so that by the end of the year, my body is where I want it to be so that I can incoprotate other things by reducing my Callanetics sessions. In saying that, maybe I enjoy it more and by then don't want to do anything else!
The more focused and relaxed you can train yourself to work and the better your ability to counter extend the faster and more dramatic your results will be. With Callanetics often less is more; 25 pulses in your best position done in triple slow motion with incredible counter extension are more effective than 100 done quickly in sloppy form. This is why you can maintain a Callanetics trained body with one session a week when you have reached your fitness goal. What a marvelous approach to fitness for life.

I stick to 3 a week, maximum, because I understand my body's need for that day off in between to recover and internalize the deep changes brought about from working so "relaxed and effortless".

The position isolates. The pulse trains.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
The more focused and relaxed you can train yourself to work and the better your ability to counter extend the faster and more dramatic your results will be. With Callanetics often less is more; 25 pulses in your best position done in triple slow motion with incredible counter extensio........

The position isolates. The pulse trains.
Thanks for the info, Susan! In the next few days, a family member of mine will be joining me. It will be interesting to share our progress.

Have you found that doing Callanetics affects your periods?Do you do it when you're menstruating?

Have any of done Super Callanetics or added it into your weekly routine?

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #174
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bacon
Stats: 185/151.6/145
WOE: Moderate carb, Paleo-ish
Quote:
Did you find that they affected your fitness or did they affect your body's appearance and alignment, posture etc? In other words, did you feel more capable or did you just look better?
Yes! To all of those things! I feel that T-Tapp helps boost my energy levels, and keeps my blood glucose pretty steady through the day (The move "Hoedowns" can bring blood sugar down and is really good for helping manage diabetes - there are lots of short videos available for free from the T-Tapp site and Youtube channel). I believe my balance and coordination has improved significantly; I'm able to hold some random one-legged yoga moves impressively steadily that I was totally hopeless with before (king dancer and tree pose). I got smaller all over with T-Tapp's basic work out, so it seems like a good general fat-burner (perhaps some of Teresa's other, more targeted videos would be good for more specific body-scultping/shaping)... Though, specifically, T-Tapp significantly reduces excess bloat around the stomach with the 'organs in place' exercises. I don't think I notice quite as much pulling in as I do with Callanetics or Bar, but there's a ton of lymph pumping/circulation as a result of T-Tapp that makes me feel fabulous when I do it consistently.

Callanetics and Bar Method seriously helped melt my thighs and lift my butt. I see Callanetics as an excellent body sculpting exercise, especially for lower body/torso. I think Bar gave me more wiggle room in my diet because of the additional energy expenditure (good combination of fascia fitness and cardio/strength training) that I wasn't necessarily getting with Callanetics alone. My posture improved significantly with both. I noticed that after two months of Bar Method, coming back to climbing was a cinch - I believe the extra core strength and flexibility from Bar, spatial/body awareness/balance from T-Tapp, and the ability to focus and breath calmly through Callanetics helped me become a stronger climber (even though I had taken a very long break due to injury).

As far the question regarding periods: I believe all three exercises are helping me regulate my hormones, as well. Many years ago, I used to do a lot of intense exercise (powerlifting, running/sprinting), somewhat in excess, followed a ketogenic low carb diet... and stopped menstruating for up to a year at a time -- when I took a break from the exercise, I gained a lot of weight. The exercise I do now more varied and significantly less taxing on my body (short/easy bike commute for work, short climbing sessions, cycling between Callanetics/T-Tapp/Bar, and almost zero running). After years of very irregular/sparse periods, I recently had one. It's too early to say if they're more regular now, but I think it's a good sign that my body's healing itself!
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

A little teachable moment: Outwardly rotating the thighs

Outward rotation of the thighs

The stance one takes to begin Callanetics goes thusly:
- Stand with your feet pelvic-width apart, outer edges of the feet lined up straight.
- Weight back in the heels, joint of the big toe firmly planted, allowing you to lift the toes and still be balanced.
- Let yourself grow taller through the legs.
- Outwardly rotate the thighs

Let's stop and explore this last directive. It was recently pointed out that I have been doing this all wrong. When I thought about that outward rotation my mind took the easy way and used the quads and knees to make that happen. Turns out what we were looking for there is keeping the quads and knees completely quiet and letting the rotation work be done by the deep rotators of the hip joint.

Play with the difference for a moment. Rotate using the quads and knees. Relax that. Now, rotate the thighs but keep the quads and knees relaxed. A big difference, no? Now practice that movement. I was impressed with how using the correct muscles opens up the pelvis, allowing the pulses to reach even deeper. I can actually feel the action of the rotation engaging the muscles of the pelvic floor and begin to flatten the lower abs.

Incorporate this thigh outward rotation to the abs when the legs are raised. You should be impressed with the intensification it brings to the movements. I always begin those abs by outwardly rotating the raised leg (or legs, since during One Leg Up the other leg can be extended and allowed to float off the floor) before curling up and then reconnect with that rotation before I begin pulsing abs.

This will also intensify the Hips and Behind movements if you get into your best position and then give a gentle outward rotation of the thighs before beginning the pulse. It's particularly effective for extended leg movements. Evolution's Angled Leg Lifts benefit from that rotation of the thighs as well. Just about any movement in the series can be intensified by outwardly rotating the thighs, excepting stretches (which should more correctly be called rotations), pelvic rotations and scoops

Once again I am struck by the wisdom of studying Callanetics for years before one begins to seek certification. Pay close enough attention and over time you begin to discover the nuisances. It thrills me to be able to share these little tidbits of technique refinement with you.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Susan! In the next few days, a family member of mine will be joining me. It will be interesting to share our progress.

Have you found that doing Callanetics affects your periods?Do you do it when you're menstruating?

Have any of done Super Callanetics or added it into your weekly routine?

Thanks!
When I was still menstruating Callanetics almost completely eliminated any cramping. I was always regular but the periods were also incredibly uncomfortable. After beginning Callanetics I couldn't even feel the period coming on. I never had to cancel a session during my periods.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: aman
3rd hour completed...

THANK YOU LADIES.... i really enjoyed this session thoroughly... main reason - my neck DID NOT hurt.... yipeee..... i felt so relaxed while doing the stomach exercises this time, it was awesome...

aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman View Post
3rd hour completed...

THANK YOU LADIES.... i really enjoyed this session thoroughly... main reason - my neck DID NOT hurt.... yipeee..... i felt so relaxed while doing the stomach exercises this time, it was awesome...

So glad to hear that. Pulse on!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:07 AM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Yes! To all of those things! I feel that T-Tapp helps boost my energy levels, and keeps my blood glucose pretty steady through the day (The move "Hoedowns".....

Love the info! I'm glad to hear how T-Tapp affects your mood and fitness levels. I really appreciate your in depth replies. It's helping me a lot.

After transitioning from high intensity exercise to these types of methods, do you feel a difference within your body or overall health? Do you find that there are benefits with both forms of exercise, or do you find it better to do the things that you are now doing health wise? I'm interested, because I'm coming from a situation where I was doing a lot of intense exercise i.e. running and Insanity type programs to now a Yoga, Calla and running/walking routine.

If it's not too personal a question, what were the reasons for your transition? No offense taken if it is too private.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:17 AM   #180
Junior LCF Member

@Susan and Bacon
regarding the bloody time of the month

That is WONDERFUL news! So, doing Callanetics actually improved things?!

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation as to me.... i've had a hormonal imbalance and used to need to "get my heart" going or do something where I just sweat the stress or irritations of the day out. Internally, I was very hyper. However, I've been fixing my body with a combination of tissue salts (seriously, they have CHANGED my life! If you have a kid with ADHD etc - try this!), mentally correcting myself and prayer. Hey, I'm a Christian, so I gotta admit to the prayer lol Anyway, what I've found that as I've been correcting and fixing my body, my hyperness and need to constantly have to do intense/fun forms of exercise have been diminishing or are more controllable. This is why I battled with doing Callanetics consistently. It was too boring and not enough of a workout. However, now while I can't admit to being in love with the method yet or finding my groove as do I with other workouts, I find that I'm not dreading Callanetics and can overcome my frustrations quicker. I now just try and follow the movements and find myself saying scriptures in my head (my form of meditation) . Basically, as my hormones improve and I correct my mindset, the easier this all gets. It's not a battle anymore.

I'm wondering as to how much my hormonal imbalance and mentality affected my need to be extremely active or to do typical "exercise" things?