Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Journeygirl
Bodyflex,Oxycise & T-Tapp

Hello. I am new to this board & reading all the threads with diet & exercise are awesome! I was reading the threads about Bodyflex,Oxycise & T-Tapp type exercises and I really loved all the information provided in the posts as well as the success stories. I have seen no recent threads about Bodyflex,Oxycise & T-Tapp and I was wondering if anyone currently uses any of these programs. The posts I was reading was from about 2007. It is very motivating. I tried Back Bodyflex in the mid 90's, and gave it a shot for a week. My daughter was only a few months old at the time. Although, I felt I was not doing the breathing right & I did not measure like I should have, I did notice I had alot of energy & when my husband returned from a week long convention for work, he did say it looks like I lost weight. If there is anyone still using any of these programs & if so,which ones worked best for you? I am considering T-Tapp. How long does a T-Tapp workout last? Thanks in advance. Have a great day!
Journeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Spanilingo
Stats: 130 now 102 5 ft 1
WOE: Lost Atkins/mod carb. Maint-HFLC
Start Date: Feb-March 2011
I had TTAPP years ago. It is a long work out and very gentle to the body. There is NO GIMMICK involved. You are working your body. There are several workouts from 40 minutes to 1 hour. They are excellent slow motion movements (mostly standing) that will strengthen the body and the core. Her main focus is a body stance where your weight is distributed on the outside of the legs. I loved this. I still stand that way today! Also, the exercises are done in specific sequence. She seeks to create a GIRDLE around your middle. And you will.

IF YOU PUT IN THE TIME.

No loud music...no jumpy stuff. VERY EASY ON THE BODY--but hard too.

A little boring. I didn't keep up with it.

She is not annoying. THe workout is really nice and effective.
Spanilingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I have several T-tapp DVD's. There are some shorter ones too such as 20-30 minutes. Just go the website and see what there is. I did a Walk Away the Inches DVD yesterday that was about 25 minutes long and I really worked up a sweat and my heart rate went up also. Today, I am feeling it a bit, but, that's ok.

I just found some videos on You Tube for Bodyflex, OMG, she looks like she is going to pass out or something. I about fell out of my chair laughing.

Last edited by vli1127; 07-30-2014 at 03:06 PM..
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Spanilingo
Stats: 130 now 102 5 ft 1
WOE: Lost Atkins/mod carb. Maint-HFLC
Start Date: Feb-March 2011
Did you ever do the brushing thing in the TTAPP. I have to dig them out. I checked out Body Flex years ago and just learned how to to the breath "just because''...well HOW COULD YOU NOT TRY ?????I have no idea if it works or not but I challenge anyone NOT to try to do it once you watch.
Spanilingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

No, didn't do the brushing thing.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
I just found my Bodyflex DVD and started in again. After you get past the funny breathing, it really gives you an aerobic exercise from sitting in a hair. I also have the Gymbar. Good reviews on Amazon.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

I will have to check out Gymbar, never heard of it.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Just started doing t-tapptoday and I'm very sore tonight...loved it, very gentle and very effective. Planning on sticking to it for awhile.

If there anybody else doing T-tap,lets share our experience..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

I do T-tapp every now and then. There was a special 50% off a few weeks ago to celebrate Teresa's birthday and I got three more DVDs. I have somewhere around 50 DVDs and I rotate through all of them.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:58 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
You have 50 dvds of t-tapps..didn't know they had that many...I've got nice variety of all kinds..jillian Michaels,callenatics,leslie sasone,The biggest losers...so many and still at times can't seem to know what I want to do..i'm into T-tap for now and enjoying it..hope to see some changes in the near future..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

No, no LOL. Not of T-tapp. Just exercise DVDs in general. That is why I don't T-tapp as often. I have Leslie Sansone, Ellen Barret, Gilad, Kathy Smith and so forth.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:58 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
T-Tapp is my go-to workout as well. Btw, Spanilingo, you did a good job explaining in the second post. I have video workouts of several kinds, but have more T-Tapp than any. I guess that, in my experience, I think of it as my more serious, healthy program, the one that will give me the fastest results. Smart use of time. No equipment, just turn the DVD on and go. Isometric work for long, lean muscles.

Actually, I've learned about myself that any video workout can become boring. The thing that is not boring is getting results. So, yes, T-Tapp eventually can seem boring, but if you keep a measurement chart, or check how jeans fit, you will find interest in that. It causes you to tighten up, like the girdle concept mentioned.

There is no music (Teresa Tapp is constantly cue-ing you in correct form to get the most from the workout), so that might seem boring if you are used to exciting music. Again, it's more serious, instructional. You have to think.