LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: millergirl1976
Stats: 166.6/146.8/135<- 28in waist
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart. 3/31/14
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)

Is anybody doing this? I started a class at my gym, and this is the start of my fifth week. It is so incredibly hard, but so awesome! Heart rate monitors strapped on, your heart rate % projected on the board, 25-28 minutes depending on the WOD. I was worried about feeling fatigue or dizziness from my blood sugars getting to low, but it is exactly opposite. My class is from 530a-6am. I go on an empy stomach. When I am first finished, I am whipped, but after about 1/2 an hour, I feel totally awesome.

Yesterday, I did 100 push ups. I had no idea I was capable of that!

Anyway, anyone else doing it?

Fitness - If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.
- Cher
millergirl1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bobbyt
I recently started doing HIIT workouts and love it! Definitely tough but a great type of workout. My gym doesn't have a HIIT class but it has a bootcamp class that kind of does the same thing. I drop in once in a while but I like to do HIIT at home when I can't get to the gym. It's perfect to do in a short amount of time while still getting a great workout in. I usually just look up exercises to do or routines to follow online.

It definitely improves and increases your amount of pushups!
bobbyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icaniwill1
WOE: lower carb/lean protein/mod fat
Start Date: July 2013
I love HIIT.
Amongst the awesome things it does for me, is that it suppresses my appetite.
And it's so adaptable, you can do it with walking, running, aerobic classes, plus it gives excellent cardio conditioning and promotes awesome weight loss.
icaniwill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lindalove
Stats: 190/177.2/130
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: January 2011
I just started Hip Hop Abs Extreme and am getting ready to workout for an hour. Shaun T has put some of the moves from his Insanity workout in it and there are no breaks in between. You will sweat!
lindalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lindalove
Stats: 190/177.2/130
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: January 2011
When I was working out 6 days a week, I didn't change my diet. I ate good, but it was not going to get me to my goal, so I went back to my original eating plan last Sunday and I've lost 5.5 lbs. as of today. I wonder what I'll be next week.
lindalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Carola
Stats: 173/142/130
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 5/1/14 this round
I LOVE the HIIT cardio, and it's working well for me right now, I think I've hit a good formula that is effective but doesn't kill me. I do elliptical, usually 30 minutes but sometimes only 20, or 25. No more of those 45 min. to 60 min. sessions! At about minute 3 or 5, I crank it up as fast as I can and do that for 30 seconds, recover for 1.5 minutes, repeat. Right now I'm doing 12 of those segments, adding up to 6 minutes total of all-out work within my 20 or 30 minutes. I think this boosts my metabolism, no bad effect on appetite and perhaps even helps suppress it, and best of all, I've dropped 3 pounds this week along and weight loss is humming along quite nicely. I feel like this is working well for me. I've experiemented in the past with longer HIIT segments (a minute), but this 30 second one works well.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
I just started trying some free online videos lately from Fitness Blenders. So far I am impressed that it seems to deliver a good workout in a short time.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I just started on my exercise bike after watching the Michael Mosely video. I found a great app and I am working my way up to more intervals (I am doing 3 high intensity intervals now, with 1.5 minutes of recovery in between).

I know it's working because I feel like I am going to hurl at about the 25 second mark. Always, always on an empty stomach.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #9
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I just started on my exercise bike after watching the Michael Mosely video. I found a great app and I am working my way up to more intervals (I am doing 3 high intensity intervals now, with 1.5 minutes of recovery in between).

I know it's working because I feel like I am going to hurl at about the 25 second mark. Always, always on an empty stomach.
I thought I would add that my exercise bike training translated into "real" bike riding improvements. I got on my bike after cooping it up in the garage for several months yesterday. I thought I was going to have to take it easy and walk it up quite a few of the hills on my favorite route, but I didn't. I felt great and no soreness today.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I have been doing a little of it the past 2 weeks. Warm up for 5 to 10 min on my treadmill at a slow pace then 3 all out sprints for 15 to 25 seconds with a one min break between sprints. Now here is the funny thing my treadmill is acting up it cuts itself off after I sprint somewhere between 15 to 25 seconds. I weigh about 60 lbs more than it's 250 lb rating and that may be the reason. Doing this 4 days a week seems to curb my appetite some.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote