Old 04-09-2014, 04:42 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiklos View Post
to all new and returning people. It's great to see so many people getting on board!

reptogirl, great that you're listening to your body.

Ouida and Susan ... more on jiggly fat. I've bookmarked the other link for later reading, and wanted to add this one to the discussion. It caused me to have a lightbulb moment (they're rare, so are important to me, )! I think my error was in thinking that jiggly = fat, so more jiggly = more fat. That link made me see that, in many cases during weight loss, MORE jiggly = LESS fat! It just takes the skin and muscles a little time to catch up.

That was 3/8 for me. Keep up the good work everyone!
Thank you for that quiklos. It's an important point and Callanetics is the best way I know to get the skin to pull in and smooth out (witnessed by my returning jaw line, among other things). It took years to get our bodies out of shape. The year or two that it may take to restore youthfulness is a worthwhile investment. The payoff is strength and flexibility accompanied by long lean legs, a curvy waistline and a peachy behind. Not to mention a calming of the spirit and clearing of the mind. Woo Hoo!!!
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 05:09 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ouida
susanw53,
Thanks for the information about why the hips measure smaller even if the behind is lifting to the same level as the hips. I read somewhere where one lady was experiencing inch gain in her hips. Then she realized that her behind getting higher was distorting her results. The reference for, "How Fat Cells Works" is appreciated as well.

callangirl,
Thanks for the encouragement and the support. I appreciate you giving me the reminder that we are all in this together.

quiklos
I appreciate the jiggly fat clarification! Leave it to Callanetics to make one look forward to having migrating, jiggly fat!
Ouida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: quiklos
*facepalm* After all that, I forgot the link ... it's another thread on this forum. Hope this works ...

"Jiggly Fat" - Try and remember, this is a GOOD thing. Here's why...
quiklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
You can also google squishy fat, and get some articles
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiklos View Post
*facepalm* After all that, I forgot the link ... it's another thread on this forum. Hope this works ...

"Jiggly Fat" - Try and remember, this is a GOOD thing. Here's why...
Thanks, quiklos! I read the posts in that thread. Yep, very clear. Before I started Callanetics I had this pooch in my stomach, at the very bottom. It was full and firm. After Callanetics, this area deflated like a balloon and the skin sagged over my underwear. It was definitely 'jiggly'. Gradually it is tightening up again. In addition, cellulite is bursting through all over my upper and lower stomach and on my thighs.

So, now I got a fat hump on my back, just above my behind (back-fat). I got a lump of fat, under each buttock, making it look like my butt is hanging out my underwear. And I have cellulite peppered over my stomach and my inner thighs and on the front of my thighs. Oh, I forgot about the impetus for these confessions: I got jiggly fat where my pooch of my stomach used to be.

Thank goodness I am TRANSITIONING, a word that by definition means this is temporary and a passing state. I love the suggestion in the thread, linked by quiklos, to increase your water intake.

With all this stated, I really, really like the progress I am making with Callanetics. There are parts of my body that are becoming quite lovely! My legs are very pretty. It's probably going to take me between 12 to 18 months to get where I want to be.

In the meantime, the serenity that I see reflected in susanw53's face in her photos, is what I feel every time I complete a Callanetics session. After self love and acceptance, there is nothing more wonderful than inner peace. Callanetics helps me to continue to cultivate and experience a deep and profound inner peace each time I do it.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
You can also google squishy fat, and get some articles
reptogirl, Thank you lovely lady for the additional suggestion on how to find similar articles and information about 'jiggly fat'. I appreciate you and what you have provided to me.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouida View Post
I love the suggestion in the thread, linked by quiklos, to increase your water intake.
Definitely increase water intake. We are mostly bags of water and water is a necessary ingredient for successfully remottling the fascia, which is what Callanetics is all about. I have a firm policy to take a sip or more anytime I have to take a breather and I always finish off a session with a nice, tall glass of water. These steps assure me that I am staying properly hydrated. It makes such a difference. One of the other benefits is that the body often misinterprets thirst as hunger when you are seriously dehydrated so staying hydrated helps stem any tendency to overeat.

Incidentally, those breathers you take allow the fascia to rehydrate the area you were focusing on. Take them when you need them and appreciate how much you are helping your body heal.

Ouida I feel the excitement. Great work. Keep it up. The real fun is ahead.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

I went to read the thread on jiggly fat and found myself smiling, recalling my recent conversation with my friend about my neck firming up in ways she never achieved with gym time under the direction of a personal trainer. The big difference between us and the posters on that thread is our good fortune to have discovered Callanetics. Our fat migrates and then the cells empty and smoooooth out beautifully, almost like magic. AND we get the added benefits of restored muscular health, proper alignment and the wonderful body sculpting Callanetics brings, as well as that calm spirit and peaceful outlook. Lucky us.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Minda
Stats: 149/149/125
WOE: ADF
[QUOTE=callangirl;16868667]3 sessions done...

Minda, take care - be gentle...

Thank you Callngirl!

Taking the day off today, had Physical Therapy so I need to do more icing. I'll be back at it tomorrow!
Minda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/150/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Lucky us.

So true!

Last edited by callangirl; 04-09-2014 at 08:39 PM..
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qpdoll
Stats: 176/162/138, 5'3",Muscular Med Frame
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: January 2007
Hi There ... I have a question??

My lower back locks up a lot and every morning I get up both my heels HURT terribly. Does anyone know if this will improve with callanetics? So far I think it gets better but then the days I work hard and am on my feet all day my lower back really really hurts and off course the next day I can barely stand on my heels...

Just wondering...

Thank you.....happy pulsing!!!
qpdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

4/12 April

When I began my flirtation with Callanetics over two decades ago I was adamant about doing the entire 10/10 routine exactly as put forth by Callan. I had a theory that there was some special reason for the progression. Over the past 8 months I have been trained by my instructors to add variety of movements outside the 10/10 format as well as switching up the sections to keep the body guessing. This has resulted in accelerated results. Add that approach to my learning how to relax to the extreme and lengthen further out the counter extensions and you have one happy Callanaddict here.

Today my Warm Up sequence went:

- Evolution Up and Down followed with Evo arm swings
- wickedly effective and varied arm work
- neck turns
- waist stretch
- standing hamstring stretch with a nice rotation as per Evolution

I followed with Hips and Behind, then Pelvic Rotations, Abs, Floor stretches, Legs before ending with some nice Finishing Stretches. It was wonderful. I have 10 routines like that written up, not including 10/10, Evolution and Super to follow and before I begin I first flip through the list to chose the one I think meets my needs at that time. I do believe I will never be bored with Callanetics again. Boredom was probably my biggest challenge with sticking it out long term with Callanetics. Having all of this variety keeps the series fresh and adaptable to whatever comes along (a couple of the routines are shorter than 40 minutes for those days when I need the pulsing but lack the time for a longer routine). Every month another routine gets added to the list so it only gets more exciting as I go along. What a sweet life.

I want to encourage you all to play around with variety in the underarm work, if no where else. I had such saggy underarms when I started adding all these different movements into the underarms just 10 days ago and after 4 sessions I am absolutely stunned, STUNNED at the pulling in I'm seeing. I truly believe I may have almost no jiggle left to my underarms by the end of this month's challenge. You all deserve this joy. When I post my new progress photos next month (mid May is my one year Callanetics anniversary) you will see the proof of those changes. These talented instructors guiding me know what they're talking about. The results I am seeing are testimony to the value of this variety approach.

This growing younger is such fun. Happy pulsing all.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Minda
Stats: 149/149/125
WOE: ADF
Took another rest day. I didn't sleep good at all last night so I've been tired all day. I don't think I hit a deep sleep. I've had sleep issues ever since I was pregnant, ... sucks ...
Nighty night all.
Minda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan179
Stats: Weight 155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2013
Susan53 Thank you for the information for Callanetics for the back. I saw it on Amazon for ridiculously low prices and ordered it. The shipping was more than the book. I also like what you say about varying the Callanetics for my particular body. I am finding some in 10/10 are too harsh such as the leg over bar where some in EVO are safer for my back. By the way, you look Awesome! I see amazing changes. Keep up the good work. I hope to follow your example soon.
Susan179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpdoll View Post
Hi There ... I have a question??

My lower back locks up a lot and every morning I get up both my heels HURT terribly. Does anyone know if this will improve with callanetics? So far I think it gets better but then the days I work hard and am on my feet all day my lower back really really hurts and off course the next day I can barely stand on my heels...

Just wondering...

Thank you.....happy pulsing!!!
Yes. I assure you that consistent practice of Callanetics will indeed loosen and strengthen the back to eliminate the locking up and your legs and feet will eventually free up enough to halt the heel discomfort. Is the foot pain caused by wearing heels? If so (and I can't convince you to give them up) might I suggest you do a calf stretch followed by a stretch of the top of the foot when you remove the shoes? The calf stretch is so beneficial you should probably do it daily anyway. We've had Dale doing these two stretches leading up to his operation and he's having great response to them.

Calf Stretch

You will need either a half dome or a rolled up towel (our choice since half domes are too expensive for now).

Begin by aligning your bones. Feet right below the pelvic bones and outer edges lined up straight. Pelvis over the ankles, pubic bone within the same vertical plane as the pelvis and lower ribs relaxed and down, floating over the pelvis. All your counter points in place. Scapulae relaxed down the back and widened out. Lengthened through the crown and down through the heels. As you do the stretches be mindful to keep the counter points in place throughout and keep the lengthening through the counter extensions. It's easy to let the ribs thrust forwards and up which will compromise the overall stretch.

Beginning with the right foot, place the half dome or towel in front of your right foot. Place the ball of the foot on the apex of the towel and rest the heel on the floor. Put your weight into the heel which will cause you to peg up on that leg and enable you to effortlessly shift the left foot forwards without bending the leg. It doesn't matter how far forwards you can take the left foot. In time it will move further. Avoid shifting the pelvis out of alignment. The important thing is to place no weight on the left foot and keep it all in the right heel. Think tall. You should really feel it in the calf. Relax as much as you can while maintaining the stretch. If you can't hold for very long don't be discouraged. Work up to a hold for at least 30 seconds then gently step off the towel.

Top of Foot Stretch

Now bring the right foot behind you without shifting the pelvis out of the initial alignment. Press the top of your toes gently to the floor to get a stretch through the top of your foot and up the front of your leg into the hip joint. Hold for 10-30 seconds then relax and do the whole thing with the left foot.

Regularly utilizing these two stretches should go a long way to alleviating the heel pain. Let me know if they help you. The locking up of the back should subside as your psoas loosen up and grow healthier. This will happen as a natural consequence of doing Callanetics. The strongest muscles of the body connect to the pelvis and that lovely pelvic curl that is central to the program will slowly but surely get proper blood flow to the area and all of the muscles will restore themselves. It's what Callanetics was designed specifically to do.

I don't like knowing you are hurting. May these pointers help you find relief from discomfort.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minda View Post
Took another rest day. I didn't sleep good at all last night so I've been tired all day. I don't think I hit a deep sleep. I've had sleep issues ever since I was pregnant, ... sucks ...
Nighty night all.
Here's hoping your consistent practice of Callanetics rewards you with sound sleep. Most regular practitioners attain this valuable benefit.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan179 View Post
Susan53 Thank you for the information for Callanetics for the back. I saw it on Amazon for ridiculously low prices and ordered it. The shipping was more than the book. I also like what you say about varying the Callanetics for my particular body. I am finding some in 10/10 are too harsh such as the leg over bar where some in EVO are safer for my back. By the way, you look Awesome! I see amazing changes. Keep up the good work. I hope to follow your example soon.
Susan179 I'm thrilled you ordered the book. I know it will help you immensely. Incidentally I haven't done the Heel and Arch on the Barre movements for months after having an extended conversation about them with my current instructor. There is consensus in the bio mechanical community that these movements could contribute to degradation of the hip joint. Consequently it is no longer included in the training program for Callanetics. I understand that it appears they have been done safely for many, many years. In truth we will probably never know if anyone was harmed by them but I decided it wasn't worth the risk. To be honest I feel the best movement for the legs might be the Angled Leg work from Evolution. After you get more familiar with them I can offer ways to intensify them that you should really enjoy.

Thank you for the compliment. I'm having the time of my life.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Over the past 8 months I have been trained by my instructors to add variety of movements outside the 10/10 format as well as switching up the sections to keep the body guessing. This has resulted in accelerated results. Add that approach to my learning how to relax to the extreme and lengthen further out the counter extensions and you have one happy Callanaddict here. :

I want to encourage you all to play around with variety in the underarm work, if no where else. I had such saggy underarms when I started adding all these different movements into the underarms just 10 days ago and after 4 sessions I am absolutely stunned, STUNNED at the pulling in I'm seeing. I truly believe I may have almost no jiggle left to my underarms by the end of this month's challenge.
Hi Susan, are you saying that a person doesn't have to follow the exact format or sequence, when doing 10/10? Also, what underarm work are you doing, what kind of playing around, palms facing different directions...? You know I stated that I lift weights for my upper body (influenced by Twyla). I understand you're doing something from Evolution.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minda View Post
Nighty night all.
Minda, I hope that you'll be able to sleep so you can feel better. I know I'm not myself if I don't get my rest.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Right now have my room tore apart, cleaned out a closet, working on packing our extra stuff up, we will be moving at some point, best to get done what I can now...with that being said my room was the only place I had to do this, so best I can do for now is the couple I remember that is standing position, might be a detour but not giving up, I figure even if it's only a couple that's better than being like oh...I will get back to it later...yeah I know how that goes.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:59 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Right now have my room tore apart, cleaned out a closet, working on packing our extra stuff up, we will be moving at some point, best to get done what I can now...with that being said my room was the only place I had to do this, so best I can do for now is the couple I remember that is standing position, might be a detour but not giving up, I figure even if it's only a couple that's better than being like oh...I will get back to it later...yeah I know how that goes.
Take a deep breath and relax. Life has this crazy way of making it more challenging than we want it to be, but it will be OK. You have planted the seed, and this particular seed plants deep roots. You WILL get back to it and we will be here to encourage you to be consistent. Doing a lighter routine will hold you for a time but try to get elements of all the groupings (Warm Ups, Abs, Legs, etc. ) so you get a balanced whole-body approach. It doesn't take much space and you will find a way to keep going. Let everyone else accommodate you for once. You're worth it.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:13 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callangirl View Post
Hi Susan, are you saying that a person doesn't have to follow the exact format or sequence, when doing 10/10? Also, what underarm work are you doing, what kind of playing around, palms facing different directions...? You know I stated that I lift weights for my upper body (influenced by Twyla). I understand you're doing something from Evolution.
That is exactly what I'm saying callangirl. It caught me by surprise as well. You know that when I started this journey I wasn't a fan of following along with a video (a stance I have since discarded) and was doing a strict 10/10 at my own pace. Then I opened the Evolution DVD I had purchased two years earlier and that changed my entire outlook. I played with Evo for a couple weeks and then began rotating the two programs. Before I knew it I was beginning to modify my personal routine to include movements from Evo and ended with a hybrid routine. After stumbling into my own Callanetics angel on this site I began to explore different intensification so and new movements. Now she has me mixing up the routine itself and the effects are impressive, to say the least. Today I have an entire list of possible routines to choose from with a new one introduced every month. Many of those routines include movements that are proprietary to her studio, things I would have never come across on my own. Her main focus was to introduce variety into the program, not only for the physical benefits but to combat the dreaded boredom that had so many of us wandering in and out of Callanetics for years. So yes, mix it up. Play with it. Have fun.

Just the other day I posted on arm movements. Twyla is inspirational, isn't she? A powerhouse of energy and motivation.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Yeah I just didn't have room to lay down on floor to do them, been packing in my room more tonight and will soon have room again, trying to sort through so much crap is a workout it self.. Trash, keep, rummage. But good news is an offer was accepted on house we like, it's already in the closing process at the title company, we have the most awesome realtor-a true godsend - if everything works out we could have the keys by next Friday!! If not within the month.
I couldn't remember many of the exercises, but after I did the ones I could I think I fell right asleep, my body felt so good getting a great proper stretch
Old 04-12-2014, 05:47 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yeah I just didn't have room to lay down on floor to do them, been packing in my room more tonight and will soon have room again, trying to sort through so much crap is a workout it self.. Trash, keep, rummage. But good news is an offer was accepted on house we like, it's already in the closing process at the title company, we have the most awesome realtor-a true godsend - if everything works out we could have the keys by next Friday!! If not within the month.
I couldn't remember many of the exercises, but after I did the ones I could I think I fell right asleep, my body felt so good getting a great proper stretch
All good news reptogirl. Congratulations on the house and may you have excellent help moving.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosebud87
@susanw53 Thanks to you I'm finally doing the Hips & Behind exercises and doing them gently and correctly.

I've also noticed my waistline/muffin top area becoming more trim and streamlined. I think that it has ALL to do with these movements. I am thrilled!

The worst part about my behind is the bottom, where it meets the hamstring. Nothing ever seems to help that area, but I have high hopes this will help lift it.
rosebud87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud87 View Post
@susanw53 Thanks to you I'm finally doing the Hips & Behind exercises and doing them gently and correctly.

I've also noticed my waistline/muffin top area becoming more trim and streamlined. I think that it has ALL to do with these movements. I am thrilled!

The worst part about my behind is the bottom, where it meets the hamstring. Nothing ever seems to help that area, but I have high hopes this will help lift it.
I'm so glad to hear of your success. Be prepared. It keeps getting better as you continue to get better at lengthening along the counter extensions. I am amazed at how much deeper they feel.

Don't worry, your behind will soon begin looking "peachy".
Old 04-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

5/12 April Cross Over Torso Twist

I've posted before about the Feldenkrais-based Daily Stretch routine I precede my Callanetics sessions with. The very first movement in this series is a simple pelvic roll and curl, lying on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor, pelvic width apart. As you inhale the tailbone rolls down causing the back to gently arch. Exhaling, you allow the pelvis to roll back until the lower back melts to the floor and the pelvis curls up. The intent is to have no goal other than listening to your body and feeling the way your body moves, the muscles and bones moving in space. No stress, no tension. Letting the body move freely so you can feel the connections throughout the system from simple movement.

An interesting benefit of Feldenkrais movements is the cumulative effect of all that repeated mindfulness. You begin to notice things you hadn't before. The body begins to move more freely. It all translates beautifully to Callanetics. I've been doing these at least three times a week since last September and I can say I'm still learning from them. Today, while doing the Cross Over Torso Twist I had the two systems meld together in a surprising way.

I was on the floor, arms to the side like goal posts. I shifted the hips slightly to the right, brought the right knee into the chest, extended the left leg and rotated the pelvis over to the left. As I rotated I realized my pelvis had stayed firmly in contact with the floor as it rolled over with the rotation. It wasn't until it happened that I realized my approach to this movement had been to lift my behind off the floor as I stretched over. What happened this time was that I'd kept the pelvis relaxed down to the floor and let it roll over in the same way I rolled down during that Feldenkrais movement.

Taking a deep breath and lengthening through the crown again I turned the head to the right and felt the right leg extend further. I have a real challenge at this point keeping my ribs relaxed and melting to the floor but the real challenge is releasing the tension that develops in the left shoulder. It's like the body is afraid I'm going to fall. I spend most of my focus letting that tension melt away to let the shoulders melt flat to the floor. Today's stretch was unprecedented. So worth the journey. From here it only gets better.

My nose is getting thinner! I noticed it last session but convinced myself it was just my imagination. Today it struck me again and Dale said "Of course it is. All of you is growing thinner." What a man.

It's all about enjoying the sessions. Technique will evolve with practice. The mindfulness you invest determines your results, which ultimately means that you control the intensity of the practice. Callanetics never gets "easy" and yet I find it so easy to get completely lost in the magic of these pulses.

Yeah. I'm a Callanaddict.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 44 down, 104 to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 Goal: Under 50g carbs day
Start Date: March 16th 2014
*sigh* I really, really want to do my 12/12. I am still at 2/12. Seems like a bottom needs wiped, kid needs fed, lesson needs taught. I'm trying. Here is to trying tomorrow.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:11 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
*sigh* I really, really want to do my 12/12. I am still at 2/12. Seems like a bottom needs wiped, kid needs fed, lesson needs taught. I'm trying. Here is to trying tomorrow.
Partyof7 I went through the same thing yesterday. I feel your frustration. I managed to get it in, but only after taking over two hours of small demanding tasks that kept shouting for attention. It felt like every time I even thought about it something else reared its head. Reminded me of trying to feed a nest full of baby eagles.

Hang in there. Opportunities will present themselves. There is time for you.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: quiklos
Hi everyone!

Today was 4/8 for me. It was tough getting in that second session this week. Now that I'm in maintenance, motivation is harder to come by. Having to keep up with the monthly challenge, along with the fact that exercising has become more or less a habit, pushed me to get it done. No one is more surprised than me that I'm able to goad myself to exercise these days! I used to be as unmoveable as Mt. Everest!

For those of you just starting out who are finding it difficult to stick with your plan, whether it's because you can't find the time or space, lack motivation, have physical challenges, etc., you might need more than this challenge to keep you on track. Might I suggest that you please, please take a look at this article and maybe change your goal accordingly:

Google: The One Push-up Challenge

The article lays out everything you need to know. But do check out the book reviews ... they're very motivating!

The reason this struck me when I came across it a few weeks ago is that it's similar to how I finally got myself off the couch after DECADES of delays and excuses.

Often, the hardest part of any plan is getting started and not giving up after a week or two, and that's what this approach addresses. Once you do start, you will, more often than not, ramp things up to do more than the minimum. But always let it be okay to just make your minimum goal. The key is to get into the habit, to get an unbroken string of making that minimum goal, which then gives you the confidence, motivation, and deep-down desire to do more.

The best part is, once you start, and once you give yourself proper credit for doing that minimum goal, what happens is that you'll also naturally begin to find your own solutions to the obstacles you face. You'll begin to figure out the best times and places to work out, how to get through your routine without overly stressing your body, etc. As long as you keep chipping away at it day by day and don't give up, you will find your way through it

Anyway, hope that helps somebody, somewhere! Best to all!
quiklos is offline   Reply With Quote