Old 03-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouida View Post

What I did not expect to have were the emotional releases. I have had three. I'm talking crocodile tears. At first I was like, "Are you upset because these exercises are challenging?" Then I realized it was coming from my tissues, the release of my past issues ('The issues are in the tissues'). In addition, as soon as I completed my session, where I experienced the releases, the tears stopped and I felt cleansed, refreshed and at peace. I've never had such experiences with exercise before Callanetics. After I had this first crying session I read that this is not uncommon. I feel like my body is really cleaning house.
I've been there. It can be disconcerting until you realize it's just the release of toxins we stored in our tight muscles. One of those reasons to keep a strong sense of humor when you approach Callanetics. It fascinates me how deeply Callanetics affects your whole being. I'm glad you were able to grow from it.

One of the other common responses is falling sick right after you begin Callanetics. It's based on the same cleansing effect of freeing up the muscular tension which releases all the nasty stuff that was hiding in tight corners. Thankfully both things pass quickly. I do still find I have moments of emotional release when I pass into a deeper level of pulsing. It keeps things interesting.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

8/13 March

So what we thought was a healing wound on my husband's foot turned out to be dry gangrene. Gaaa - It makes me crazy to even think about it! We already have an appointment with a vascular surgeon on Monday so we just have to stay calm and wait it out.

My first thought (after finishing the scream in my head) was "thank God I do Callanetics". I know the value of the calm spirit cultivated by consistent Callanetics practice. I know first hand the mistake made by missing sessions during intensely stressful times. My family knows this too and they have made it their duty to keep me consistent. Happy Mom means a happy and smoothly running family.

My session today was difficult to get started and felt a bit bittersweet with the knowledge that Dale's probably going to lose that toe. In the end it kept me mindful to extreme, feeling for every movement, every signal that confirms strength and health in my own body. Once you get into the Warm Ups you're pretty much lost to the routine.

I decided today to be particularly mindful (it's Mindful March, remember?) of keeping the neck and shoulders relaxed. This made a significant difference in the Waist Stretch. Keeping the neck and shoulders relaxed allows for increased extension through the spine and crown and it just feels so darned cool to be able to get that extra extension without the effort you would expect to have to make. This body is quickly growing stronger. I keep reminding myself I have just begun this journey.

While finishing up abs I had a Eureka! moment. With about 25 pulses remaining in Both Legs Up my abs suddenly curled me up another couple inches and I finished up at that new height. It surprised me so much that I went back in and tried again. Now I can't wait for my next session so I can play with it some more. It was like some new muscles kicked in. I have never felt my muscles work like that before. Every session is a new adventure in self discovery.

I was feeling a little frantic when I started but by the time I finished I was feeling a little invincible. The healing quality of Callanetics.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
lol about looking like Stan.
I can imagine..

Just waiting for payday to buy the DVD's. I found AM PM vhs but not my other.
AM/PM is a perfectly acceptable replacement. You can split them up or just combine them but cut out the PM warm ups. Before you know it you'll have 10/10.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/144/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
Susanw... Let's hope for the best...
Old 03-21-2014, 04:24 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ouida
quiklos, Thank you for the acknowledgement. I appreciate it.

susanw53, I don't believe in coincidences, thus I will share this. I usually mark and scar for months and years from small things like bug bites, burns and cuts. Recently I tore the skin on my face, about an inch from the side of my mouth. It was an ugly sore that was about the size of a nickel in diameter. I happened to be fasting that that week. The sore closed up and left no mark in two weeks. This is miraculous for me.

What's my point?

I drank green juice in a juicer two times a day. I was fasting that week. Juicers are not cheap but can be found under 200 US dollars. Sometimes even under 100 US dollars. I juiced 1 kale leaf, 2 sweet apples, 2 carrots, 1/2 English cucumber w/skin and 1 knub of ginger everyday for 2x a day. (Not sure if "knub" is a real word). No need to change a diet. Just can add these juices on top of everything else. I am repulsed by pulp of any kind, so I strained the juice through a strainer and drank the strained contents right before my meals. It provides organic sulfur and b vitamins for skin. I know this is what helped me heal so quickly. Perhaps this may be something to consider for Dale as he continues on his healing journey to victory.

Two caveats: Drink water with this, at least 4 cups a day. Secondly, although this makes the body alkaline, it is acidic for the teeth. Taking 1 teaspoon of pure Xylitol after each meal returns the mouth and teeth to alkaline immediately. Teeth in an alkaline mouth reduce chances for caries on teeth. This is from Dr. Ellie's protocol, a dentist, who uses simple and inexpensive rinses and xylitol to vastly reduce dental caries and naturally whiten teeth.

Lastly, thanks for the heads up about the possibility of illness and the support regarding my crocodile tears. I appreciate the reassurance about these things passing quickly.

With the raw juicing, I am starting to drop a bit of weight along with the Callanetics. I am very tired, every day with Callanetics. It might even be that "relief" kind of exhaustion/tiredness one experiences after a trying event has finally come to an end. The last two years of my life had been fraught with grief and loss. No more, though!

Callanetics has been RIGHT on TIME for me. I am in love. More importantly, joining this board exclusively to participate in this thread and challenge has been beyond uplifting.

I thank all of you!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:47 AM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amata
Stats: 5'3" getting to slim and healthy
WOE: Fewer and healthier calories
[QUOTE=susanw53;16844643]So what we thought was a healing wound on my husband's foot turned out to be dry gangrene. Gaaa - It makes me crazy to even think about it! We already have an appointment with a vascular surgeon on Monday so we just have to stay calm and wait it out.
While finishing up abs I had a Eureka! moment. With about 25 pulses remaining in Both Legs Up my abs suddenly curled me up another couple inches and I finished up at that new height. It surprised me so much that I went back in and tried again. Now I can't wait for my next session so I can play with it some more. It was like some new muscles kicked in. I have never felt my muscles work like that before. Every session is a new adventure in self discovery.

Gosh, Susan, that's bad news! I hope for you both that everything goes well. Your continuing being and feeling healthy and positive helps Dale too.

I like that "playing with it some more" and the "new adventure in self discovery". Callanetics is not something you can ever know everything about and be done with, and that can make it so much easier to stick with (or come back to, as is so often the case ).
Happy sessions and much success to all,
Monique
Old 03-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Thank you everyone.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan179
Stats: Weight 155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2013
Susan53, My prayers are with you and Dale this week. Many Blessings and prayers going out for a quick recovery and healing.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:22 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata View Post

I like that "playing with it some more" and the "new adventure in self discovery". Callanetics is not something you can ever know everything about and be done with, and that can make it so much easier to stick with (or come back to, as is so often the case ).
Happy sessions and much success to all,
Monique
Beautifully said Monique. I agree.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: quiklos
susanw53, Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers to you and Dale. Perhaps you caught it early enough? In any case, the important thing is that he WILL be okay, one way or the other. And I'm glad you're taking the time to take care of yourself.

Stress used to be one of those things, among many, that derailed my efforts. Usually, it wasn't that I was too busy; just that I was too worried. This go-around, I've used mental judo on myself, telling myself that I can't actually do anything about my worries while I am exercising, which made the exercise seem less like a chore and more like a nice mini-vacation. So, the workout session, in my mind, became a time when I gave myself permission to stop worrying because I couldn't do anything about anything while I exercised. That's helped me get through a few rough times.

I've done 9/12 now. Have the best day you can everyone.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bacon
Stats: 185/151.6/145
WOE: Moderate carb, Paleo-ish
Finished session 7 of 8 with 10 in 10.

I'm sorry to hear that, Susan - hope it all turns out alright.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiklos View Post
susanw53, Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers to you and Dale. Perhaps you caught it early enough? In any case, the important thing is that he WILL be okay, one way or the other. And I'm glad you're taking the time to take care of yourself.

Stress used to be one of those things, among many, that derailed my efforts. Usually, it wasn't that I was too busy; just that I was too worried. This go-around, I've used mental judo on myself, telling myself that I can't actually do anything about my worries while I am exercising, which made the exercise seem less like a chore and more like a nice mini-vacation. So, the workout session, in my mind, became a time when I gave myself permission to stop worrying because I couldn't do anything about anything while I exercised. That's helped me get through a few rough times.

I've done 9/12 now. Have the best day you can everyone.
That is a brilliant idea. I'll use that. Thank you.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:31 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

9/13 March

I got in a nice session yesterday, working with one of my favorite routines, a nice 45 minute run that includes my favorite rotational seated Hips and Behind movement. I've become more enamored with rotational movements since my oblique abs have strengthened to the point that I can feel them deeply.

Getting motivated to start can be such a pain. I set a "must start by" time and for the most part I abide by that. It's the days when things get complicated that frustrate me. That's when I find it easier to toss in a video and let someone else be responsible for the class list. Yesterday there was the added element of needing to hear my friend's voice supporting me. The closer we get to this surgeon visit tomorrow the more challenging it is to keep the mind calm and the spirit laughing, but we are quite aware of the necessity of going in with a positive outlook, regardless of appearances. I should see to it that I also get my daily stretch in today as well.

I was reading my copy of "Callanetics for Your Back" Friday night and Callan was talking about how much tension people hold between their shoulder blades and suddenly it felt like she had placed her hands on my spine and I could feel the unnoticed tension just melt like butter in the sun. It was the most amazing thing. I took it as a sign to use my session to focus strongly on releasing tension in the upper back. Since I was doing that it was good again to have someone else responsible for reminding me of all the other little prompts, the never ending checklist as we pulse. No wonder Callanetics appeals to women - the keepers of the lists!

My instructor tells me that the release of this upper back tension leads to greater definition in the upper arms as the shoulder joint slips back into proper alignment and then to beautiful definition of the neck. That's what I'm shooting for. I'm already noticing the upper arm development (Fascinating!) and after every session the jaw line is more defined. Things are going well.

Look at all the great progress going on here. I'm so proud of all this consistency. Bacon, you rock girl.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #104
Junior LCF Member

susanw53, Thinking of you, and hoping you and your family are holding up okay today.

Ouida, I agree that juicing is very healing. Great for circulation and cleaning the blood.

Did 10/12 today. Hugs to all!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

8/10

Susanw, I've been keeping you in my thoughts...

All the best to everyone -
Old 03-25-2014, 05:56 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

I just wanted to thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. They are doing testing to determine if vascular surgery is an option. If we can get increased blood flow to the legs we can save all of Dale's piggies. I've already told him he has no choice for beginning Callanetics any more. We have to open up his fascia. All those years of sitting and bending over people to tattoo has caught up with him. I live with the cautionary tale of what can happen if you allow your body to stay blocked up. You can imagine my frustration at discovering the ability to grow younger and in not being able to motivate my husband to save himself from the ravages of aging with degenerative diseases. In the end all I can really do is lead by example, but I'm going to attempt to go all Drill Sargent on him. Wish me luck.

Later.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

10/13 March

One very contented Callanaddict checking in here. Given all the angst of the weekend and all the anxiety going into yesterday, only to have it all pushed back two days I was pleasantly surprised at how calm I was able to keep myself. I have a reputation of being emotional, crying easily in both joy and sadness. My family deals with it well, which is good because I'm not sure I will ever learn how to separate my emotions from who I am. A year ago I would have been a basket case but after 10 months of consistent Callanetics practice I have found I have the ability to hold it all together much better. I still take moments to break down but I've been able to freely let it out and then move on to more pragmatic approaches to the challenges ahead. Gaining such intense control of my body has been accompanied by a complimentary ability to reasonably control my emotions and stay centered. I'm reaping those benefits big time right now.

Think of it: restoration, realignment, strength, muscular control and peace of mind all rolled into one. You really can't beat this program. I do believe it's the best all round fitness program one can find. No chance of injury. Absolutely NO impact. Wow. I'm looking forward to doing them with my husband.

Preceding my regular sessions I always do my Daily Stretch routine. They are a series of gentle Feldenkrais movements (he adamantly insisted they were not, nor should they ever be used as, exercise) that were chosen for their close relationship to the Callanetics movements. They are meant to be done mindfully and effortlessly, simply allowing your body to move freely with the movement as you feel for the changes in your body. Their intent is to recharge the connection between your sensory and motor systems and they do intensify that mind/body awareness. The effects are cumulative, so the longer you practice them (both in length of session and over time) the deeper your awareness and the easier your body moves. Doing them before Callanetics means I'm already loose and warmed up before I begin Warm Ups. Sweet. I've been practicing them since August of last year and I am continually amazed at how I still feel new muscle action and learn new things about how my body works each and every time. During today's run through I had not one but two AHA! moments. Not a bad start to the day.

Today I was still being mindful of the tension between the scapulae. Incredible how the tension starts building immediately after you release it! I've discovered the first response for me should always be to relax the ribs down and back. Putting that counter point back into place immediately resolves the issue. I've been envisioning those twin cobras blinking their eyes and sinking against the back. I never thought about rib thrusting in all my 60 years. Now it overwhelms my thoughts.

I'm still learning how to lengthen through the heels when I do floor stretches. This concept gives me no trouble as long as my feet are firmly planted. Somewhere about a week back while doing the Floor Hamstring Stretch with a yoga strap I heard my instructor say something about keeping the leg on the floor as flat as possible, trying to feel the back of the upper thigh against the floor, which requires a concerted simultaneous extension through heels and crown. Since then I've been obsessed with it. When doing the floor stretches I know the secret is lengthening down the backs of the legs, relaxing those hamstrings. I used to get closer to the floor but now I'm more concerned with getting the correct length and making sure the back is relaxed and straight. Where I used to work really hard at getting the stretch now I try to relax, extend, relax, extend, relax, relax, relax. So much to learn. You guys think of me as an expert and the truth is that for all my years of flirting with Callanetics I am such a novice student. Sometimes it feels like I will never catch up.

Are we all practicing the Callanetics Stance? The value of learning this cannot be over hyped. Not only will you get better results, you will find yourself standing at the stove stirring a pot, standing with your feet pelvic width apart, weight back on the heels, working your way up the body as you put everything into place. I bet you notice one day that you stand with your arms hanging freely at your sides instead of crossed in front of the chest or in the classic "fig leaf stance". Callanetics has us standing tall and proud and looking downright elegant and graceful. I always wonder if Callan's intent was to turn us all into elegant southern women. I have to smile every time I turn my head to see something and realize that I did it without moving my shoulders and realizing that I remembered to extend the spinal column up as I turned. Callanetics in action.

Just a little thinner. A little bit stronger. Standing a wee bit taller. Most of all feeling calm, collected, peaceful and grateful to have so many caring souls in my life.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amata
Stats: 5'3" getting to slim and healthy
WOE: Fewer and healthier calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
I just wanted to thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. They are doing testing to determine if vascular surgery is an option. If we can get increased blood flow to the legs we can save all of Dale's piggies. I've already told him he has no choice for beginning Callanetics any more. We have to open up his fascia. All those years of sitting and bending over people to tattoo has caught up with him. I live with the cautionary tale of what can happen if you allow your body to stay blocked up. You can imagine my frustration at discovering the ability to grow younger and in not being able to motivate my husband to save himself from the ravages of aging with degenerative diseases. In the end all I can really do is lead by example, but I'm going to attempt to go all Drill Sargent on him. Wish me luck.

Later.
Maybe this scare is just what Dale needs. I don't think any of us really get going without walking into some brick wall or another first. And it's great there's still time for those piggies!
All the best to you both!
Monique
Old 03-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
hugs for you Susan
Old 03-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

11/13 March

It's so beneficial to have Callanetics to keep me occupied while we wait for Dale's surgeon to determine if he can operate. All the testing is done and now we wait........ Waiting is the most difficult part of all. The other day I caught Marie TV and watched an interview she did with Arianna Huffington and she shared an idea that made my entire brain stand at attention. When she was filled with worry and frustration her mother would remind her to "Change the channel Darling". I know it's a variation of "change the script" which I have always tried to do with sporadic success, but this approach actually works quite well. Between Callanetics and this reminder I should be fine.

This was an absolutely delightful session. I've been at this long enough now that my body responds noticeably deeper and deeper, bringing on a series of AHA! moments. There was a point during the abs when I swear I could determine individual muscle bundles working from the center all the way out to beneath the skin. Awesome! During the Hips and Behind I had a startling moment when I realized that I was able to feel all along the spiral line. It was pretty exciting because it suggests that my body is successfully making all the subtle communications connections along my anatomy trains. I can only imagine how this is all going to feel in another six months. I have never felt the way my body was meant to move so every session is an adventure in self discovery.

Remember that extension through the heels when they weren't planted flat to the floor I was working on? Well, today, during the floor stretch with legs wide I actually pulled it off, simultaneously extending through crown and heels in a manner that I had never experienced before. Wahoo!!! I'm having so much fun these days.

After each session I can notice my shirts are getting looser and looser. My Pittsburgh Penguin shirts that I bought just a year ago are now so big on me I feel like I'm swimming in them. I think I'll hold off until fall to replace them because I'll only be smaller by then. There's no rush. They're only t-shirts. I have to tell you though that every time I slip on those smaller jeans and they fit like a dream I get really excited. Has anyone else noticed that there is no need to hold the stomach in any more? I still have quite a bit of stomach fat at just around 200 lbs but it doesn't feel like that at all. I actually feel quite svelte most of the time. The neck and jaw line are slowly but surely taking on a more youthful definition. Consistent practice brings consistent results.

I've tracked down my initial training student and after the chaos with Dale's health settles we are going to set a schedule and begin. She has no exposure to Callanetics at all, outside my talking her ears off about it ,but she's intrigued by my progress and wants to give them a try. I can't wait to get back to teaching again. It's been too long.

Time for domestic chores (oh joy!). Coming into the close of another month I am so proud of all the commitment I see here. By the time we begin wearing summer clothes you will all be so pulled in people are going to start getting excited for you.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ThinAsAPin
Stats: 155/135/125
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Jan 2011
Hi everyone! Please search for the July 2012 challenge thread to see my amazing transformation using callanetics 10 years younger series!

I used callanetics to transform my body back in May 2012. I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and have to say I haven't been doing callanetics since becoming pregnant in August of last year. I've been doing pregnancy yoga and walking up until now but my posture is really starting to suffer.

I got my doctors approval to start doing a modified callanetics program and hoping it will help my back pain. He's basically approved all of the exercises in the 10 years younger book except the abs and I'll just be doing standing pelvic tilts in place of callans ab routine.

I'm not in this to lose weight so I won't be taking measurements or weighing in but my goal is to do the program twice a week and once my baby is born and I'm cleared for exercise again I'll be taking measurements then.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

9/10

Hi Susanw, I'm glad to see that you're in such a positive place - Callanetics, I presume!

Been there/done that in reference to trying to pull in my stomach (as though I could hide my girth). It's great how that deep muscle work helps to tighten up the "girdle" mother nature has given us; coupled with feeling less self-conscious and more confident.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:59 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 260/191.6/135
WOE: LC/Wheat Gluten Free
Start Date: 5/29/13
Hi Guys you have a new recruit!

And my dd13 started with me too. We did our first hour last night planning our second saturday. Cant say we came even remotely close to proper form or number of pulses but we did finish with rest breathers. Took measurements and pics of us both before starting.

Read all the old callanetics threads the last week waiting for my dvd's to come in, so felt ready.

Love the transformations hope we can add ours in the future!
Old 03-28-2014, 05:39 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Hi Guys you have a new recruit!

And my dd13 started with me too. We did our first hour last night planning our second saturday. Cant say we came even remotely close to proper form or number of pulses but we did finish with rest breathers. Took measurements and pics of us both before starting.

Read all the old callanetics threads the last week waiting for my dvd's to come in, so felt ready.

Love the transformations hope we can add ours in the future!
MichelleHu. How exciting that you are including your daughter in your Callanetics journey. I introduced my own daughter to them when she was 11. She's 32 now and although she didn't do them for 2 decades she has finally returned to them and is so thankful for them it warms my heart.

Don't worry about the form. Callanetics is very forgiving and you will see results even as you refine technique. It will be a joy to share in your transformation. Prepare to be addicted.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Weight loss

Had to stop in to share. I just hopped on the scale before Dale (he has to weigh in every day for dialysis) and I am now down to 199 lbs!!!! I cannot tell you how long it has been since I was below 200! No dietary restrictions, no accompanying cardio beyond daily walking to the grocery and pushing Dale's wheelchair when we go out. This is Callanetics in action. Be consistent with 2-3 sessions a week and love yourself. What a plan.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouida View Post
quiklos, Thank you for the acknowledgement. I appreciate it.

susanw53, I don't believe in coincidences, thus I will share this. I usually mark and scar for months and years from small things like bug bites, burns and cuts. Recently I tore the skin on my face, about an inch from the side of my mouth. It was an ugly sore that was about the size of a nickel in diameter. I happened to be fasting that that week. The sore closed up and left no mark in two weeks. This is miraculous for me.

What's my point?

I drank green juice in a juicer two times a day. I was fasting that week. Juicers are not cheap but can be found under 200 US dollars. Sometimes even under 100 US dollars. I juiced 1 kale leaf, 2 sweet apples, 2 carrots, 1/2 English cucumber w/skin and 1 knub of ginger everyday for 2x a day. (Not sure if "knub" is a real word). No need to change a diet. Just can add these juices on top of everything else. I am repulsed by pulp of any kind, so I strained the juice through a strainer and drank the strained contents right before my meals. It provides organic sulfur and b vitamins for skin. I know this is what helped me heal so quickly. Perhaps this may be something to consider for Dale as he continues on his healing journey to victory.

Two caveats: Drink water with this, at least 4 cups a day. Secondly, although this makes the body alkaline, it is acidic for the teeth. Taking 1 teaspoon of pure Xylitol after each meal returns the mouth and teeth to alkaline immediately. Teeth in an alkaline mouth reduce chances for caries on teeth. This is from Dr. Ellie's protocol, a dentist, who uses simple and inexpensive rinses and xylitol to vastly reduce dental caries and naturally whiten teeth.

Lastly, thanks for the heads up about the possibility of illness and the support regarding my crocodile tears. I appreciate the reassurance about these things passing quickly.

With the raw juicing, I am starting to drop a bit of weight along with the Callanetics. I am very tired, every day with Callanetics. It might even be that "relief" kind of exhaustion/tiredness one experiences after a trying event has finally come to an end. The last two years of my life had been fraught with grief and loss. No more, though!

Callanetics has been RIGHT on TIME for me. I am in love. More importantly, joining this board exclusively to participate in this thread and challenge has been beyond uplifting.

I thank all of you!
I apologize for not thanking you sooner for this Ouida. Years ago I tried to juicing routine and for me it's not sustainable, although I have seen tremendous results in others. I have cultivated a healthy diet for my husband that is for the most part whole foods prepared from scratch (my grandma would be so proud) and that seems to work well for both of us.

The idea of fasting fascinates me, though I likely won't do it any time soon. Years ago my grandfather did a controlled 45 day fast (not for the unprepared or faint of heart) and in the end his mind was sharper than ever, his spiritual senses were tremendously keen and his hair went from silver to jet black again. There is much there that we don't understand yet. My instructor has been suggesting for months now that I try the 5/2 Quickfast (?) and I may eventually give it a try, but not for weight loss reasons. It gets tricky when you prepare food for everyone else. I decided in the beginning that I wanted to see what Callanetics was capable of starting from obesity. My other factor was that if I lost it very slowly but steadily, when I achieved my weight goal there would be no need to adapt for maintenance because I would already be there.

Thank you for sharing. I know you touched someone else at the right moment. I also don't believe in coincidences.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Ok thanks. Like I said, I did go over the exercises and modifications with my doctor so I have no concerns. And yes, I know my body and I have continued my active lifestyle throughout multiple pregnancies. Now I just have to go to my moms to get my DVD back from her as she's been using it for a few months 😊
Old 03-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinAsAPin View Post
Ok thanks. Like I said, I did go over the exercises and modifications with my doctor so I have no concerns. And yes, I know my body and I have continued my active lifestyle throughout multiple pregnancies. Now I just have to go to my moms to get my DVD back from her as she's been using it for a few months 😊
I went back,and read your past posts. I was under the mistaken impression that this was your first pregnancy. Your picture looks that young. No one knows your body better than you do.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Hi Susan, I hadn't stopped doing callanetics because of my pregnancy, I've done them on and off for a few years and had taken up bikram yoga class 3 times a week because I did some marketing work for the yoga studio in exchange for a free membership. Part of the staff expectations are to practice 3 times a week and with each session being 90 minutes in extreme conditions (which I have also been practicing for years during pregnancy with doctors approval) I didn't want to continue doing callanetics during that time because Im still hiking with my dogs 2 - 3 miles per day I didn't want to overdo it. I've recently stopped working at the yoga studio and will be home for the remainder of my pregnancy and after a week off my back is getting stiff so I'm going to start doing callanetics again as soon as I get my DVD back for my mom. Hopefully this weekend.

Thank you for the compliment on my youthful looks. I'm 34 and this is my third pregnancy. My picture is from 2011 I think. I tried to upload a recent photo last night (I've upgraded my husband since then) but it didn't work *Sigh* that pic is bugging me too lol
Old 03-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #120
Junior LCF Member

ThinAsAPin, I remember you from reading the archives! You were such a whirlwind of positive energy that it was infectious! Congratulations on the baby and welcome back!

MichelleHu, to you and your DD!

susanw53, WTG on the breaking the century mark!!! That's something to celebrate!

11/12 done! Because I've been getting higher and tighter at the curl up, the ab exercises seem to be reaching deeper and deeper into my lower abs. I've been doing 100 reps for months now, but this last time, my abs were quaking by 30 reps. Oh my!!! One more to go this month.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Closed Thread