Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
ddb
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ddb
Callanetics exercise list

Hi everyone!
Have to admit to being totally silent on here! Drop in every now and then for some motivation with my Callanetics and see how you are all doing.

Have a question I am going on holiday soon and want to continue my Callanetics while away, there was a list on this forum a few years ago that was a breakdown of the 10/10 DVD. Does it still exist? I can't find it and I remember it was so useful as if bored of DVD every night I used to stick on some music and use the list! Lol! It was good if in a rush to as could pick exercises I wanted.

I do hope someone may remember this or could send the link to me.... Someday I might even post my results.

I would add that after I had my last little one who was 11lbs and I sunk into a bit of PNDep I swear it was the Callanetics that pulled me back out. I love it and it amazes me how wonderful it makes me feel and look when I'm dedicated.

Happy pulsing peaches xx
ddb x
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Hello ddb. I just came across this post. I'd encourage you to join us on the challenge. You don't have to be active, but there are many voices there to answer your questions and encourage you. I'm glad the program has brought you such joy. Let me help you out today.

Callanetics 10/10 - The List

Warm Ups
- Up and Down: 10 reps
- Waist Stretch: 100 each side
- Underarm Tightener: 100 pulses
- Standing Hamstring Stretch: 20 pulses to center and each side (You can just hold the stretch without pulsing. This is how it is now taught)
- Neck Stretch, Side to Side: 5 to each side
- Neck Stretch, Smiley Face: 5 to each side

Abdominals
- Both Feet Flat: 100 pulses
- One Leg Up: 100 pulses each leg
- Both Legs Up: 100 pulses

Legs
- Pelvic Waves: 3 reps with 5 waves per rep (3 down, 2 up)
- Pliés: 10
- Heel Up on Barre: hold for 60 seconds **
- Arch on Barre: hold for 60 seconds. **

**Due to the concern about damage to the hip joint, particularly in women, these two are no longer taught as part of the series. The best substitute for this area in the series is the Angled Leg Lifts from Evolution.

Hips and Behind
- Sitting, Leg Bent: 100 pulses each side
- Sitting, Leg Extended: 100 pulses each side
- Kneeling, Lifting Knee: 100 pulses each side
- Kneeling, Leg Extended: 100 pulses each side

Stretches
- Legs Wide: 60 seconds to center and each side
- Legs Together: 60 seconds
- Hamstring Stretch: 60 seconds
- Torso Twist/Lower Back Release: 60 seconds

For the Pelvis
- Pelvic Rotations: 10 in each direction
- Pelvic Scoops: 10
- Thigh Stretch: 50 pulses of the pubic bones to the ceiling

Inner Thigh Squeeze/ Chair Squeeze: up to count of 300 (This is also no longer taught. The Angled Leg Lifts from Evo have pretty much made these obsolete.)

I hope this helps. I have long since lost the DVD to a loan out and have never replaced it since I always worked without one anyway. I like to load on a Zen garden video from YouTube and get lost in the movements. This list was from memory with assistance from my copy of the original book. I think I got it all right. There have been some major changes to technique recently. We discuss much of that in the challenge thread as well as explore some of the newer movements. There is so much more variety to share. Maybe we'll see you there.

Happy pulsing.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:34 AM   #3
ddb
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ddb
Thank you Susan for your list. I am trying hard to get back into the habit and have taken some time to read through the latest callanetics threads. I have also ordered am/pm to try and shake up my routines. I forgot how much I love love love callanetics!

ddb x
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote