Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2014, 09:05 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amata
Stats: 5'3" getting to slim and healthy
WOE: Fewer and healthier calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Thank you Monique. You always say the sweetest things. It is my goal to be the fastest certification they ever presented. With 25 years of flirting and a history of teaching group classes in the early 90s it's a matter of refining technique to be able to work with individuals more effectively and learning to incorporate the new advances. That talent my instructors have of being able to lead a class and still keep talking is going to be my biggest hurdle. I can't figure out how to keep the count. When I taught before it was more as a class leader, so we were all working together, very informal. This demands a deeper understanding of the technique.

I have no intention of removing my teaching talents away from this thread. My dedication to this thread is solid. I seriously doubt any of you would be traveling to Pittsburgh so there is no problem with anyone thinking I am promoting my business. I have a serious drive to educate others in the nuances of Callanetics and this is one of my two favorite sites to do so. I'm here to stay girls.

I started my day by ordering my copy of Tom Myers Anatomy Trains. I agonized over that expenditure for months! Ridiculous. Last week I broke down and got Katy Bowman's Alignment Matters and her Every Woman's Guide to Foot Pain Relief. Added to my copy of Feldenkrais's Awareness Through Movement my initial reading list is finally complete. I feel like I'm back in college again.
I can so relate to the excitement - I started studying psychology at 30 and music in my forties and was insanely happy to be a student. It gave me SO much energy and pleasure. Now the internet is often my source for learning.
Lap it all up, I'd say, and enjoy the process. I'm sure we'll all be happy to hear of your new discoveries.
(Yes Pittsburgh is a little out of my way).
Monique
Amata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #93
Junior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Amata;16817415]I can so relate to the excitement - I started studying psychology at 30 and music in my forties and was insanely happy to be a student. It gave me SO much energy and pleasure. Now the internet is often my source for learning.

PS sorry if it sounded like bragging, it wasn't meant to - having children, family life and working got in the way of finishing both studies, so I was not able to get degrees. I just enjoyed the learning and being with the other (older) students so much, that the end result was not that important. I supplement my knowledge of both daily anyway, so I don't regret dropping out.
Monique
Old 02-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/147/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Callangirl You rock girl. Quiet consistency. Sweet.

Thank you Susan53… But I’m disappointed because I won’t be able to get 12 sessions in this month.

Anyway, I always look forward to you sharing the different techniques to master Callanetics; you write so beautifully about it.
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/147/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
[quote=Amata;16817493]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata View Post
I can so relate to the excitement - I started studying psychology at 30 and music in my forties and was insanely happy to be a student. It gave me SO much energy and pleasure. Now the internet is often my source for learning.

PS sorry if it sounded like bragging, it wasn't meant to - having children, family life and working got in the way of finishing both studies, so I was not able to get degrees. I just enjoyed the learning and being with the other (older) students so much, that the end result was not that important. I supplement my knowledge of both daily anyway, so I don't regret dropping out.
Monique
Hi Monique, to me it doesn't sound like you're bragging. It seems that you're having the time of your life. That's a good thing!
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #96
Junior LCF Member

[quote=callangirl;16817529]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata View Post

Hi Monique, to me it doesn't sound like you're bragging. It seems that you're having the time of your life. That's a good thing!
Thanks for understanding callangirl you're absolutely right.
Monique
Old 02-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
[quote=Amata;16817896]
Quote:
Originally Posted by callangirl View Post

Thanks for understanding callangirl you're absolutely right.
Monique
I agree Monique. Life is a big science experiment and we get to play. What more can one hope for?
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:11 AM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: neecy
Callanetics challenge

Hi everyone, I originally started Callanetics in the 80s, and found it to be the most efficient exercise i have ever experienced. Now in my 50's and with no motivation and over weight I have decided to really go for it again. I would like to know if Callanetics is ok to do every other day? If so I will commit to 16 for the month of March.
neecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecy View Post
Hi everyone, I originally started Callanetics in the 80s, and found it to be the most efficient exercise i have ever experienced. Now in my 50's and with no motivation and over weight I have decided to really go for it again. I would like to know if Callanetics is ok to do every other day? If so I will commit to 16 for the month of March.
neecy. Callanetics almost always calls us back. Yes, it is entirely acceptable to do Callanetics every other day. However, you are no longer the young vixen you were in the 80s so listen to your body. I just turned 60 and returned to the program after decades of neglect and almost 100 pounds overweight. Over the past 10 months I have lost two sizes and 35 pounds using only Callanetics. I have tried frequently to stick to a schedule of every other day and have found that invariably my body rebels when I get past three sessions a week. Remember that this is an individual choice and listen carefully to what your body tells you. We will do our best to convince you to make this return a lifelong choice so there is no big rush to the finish line. Your body will appreciate your letting it take its own time to gently work its way back into alignment and fitness. It's not a race or a competition.

There have been some profound improvements to the system since it's introduction. We cover much of that here, so please feel free to mine the previous posts for information. There are some sweet video shorts on YouTube that got posted this past December during a 12 Days of Callanetics Christmas that demonstrate many of the movements with recent influences that I would encourage you to seek out. We are attempting to bring Callanetics current with contemporary knowledge of alignment sciences, restorative exercises and fascia fitness. These are exciting times to rediscover this amazing fitness approach.

It's always good to have another traveler along for the journey. Happy pulsing.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neecy View Post
I just posted the new challenge for March. Glad to have you along Neecy.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: neecy
Callanetics challenge

Hi Susan, thank you so much for replying. Apologies for not getting back straight away, I was out all day yesterday. I will definitely take the challenge, you truly are such an inspiration : ) I need to lose 20lb also so am going to include 2-3 green smoothies a day also and see what happens : )
Thanks again Susan.
neecy is offline   Reply With Quote