LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
3/12 February

Another wonderful 2 1/2 hours of Callanetics wonder (including about 30 min. of Daily Stretch). I put on my YouTube lineup of Zen videos and just let myself go. I like to take one session a week and work without video. I have a concern about becoming dependent on the videos so I need to reassure myself that I can be self-reliant. It also gives me more time to think about what I'm doing and feel for changes taking place.

Today was a wonderful mix of 10/10, Evo, Super and some new lovelies from my instructor's studio. Just a bit of free-flowing joy from beginning to end. I find myself frequently gazing into the mirror contemplating how much I enjoy these meditative moments in my busy life. By the time I'm done I feel so wonderfully centered and graceful. I typically find myself standing at the kitchen sink doing dishes right after finishing and it always makes me smile to notice how much taller I stand after Callanetics. Then I dash out to walk the 1/2 mile to the grocery store and notice how much looser the jeans feel when I walk. I'm having sooooo much fun.

I was thinking today about how much difference it has made to keep my ribs relaxed and down like the basket suspended below a hot air ballon. Previously I hadn't given much thought to the rib cage and now I sometimes stop and rest my hand on my sternum to encourage the ribs to sink down and relax even more. There are so many points in the routine where this awareness is crucial. The real standouts are any abs work and the cross-over torso twist. Since learning to keep the ribs relaxed and down the torso twist has become much more relaxing. I used to fight with that movement so much and now I just allow myself to melt to the floor with no goal other than to lengthen through the torso and relax.

Another session in and my body is ever-so-slightly thinner, taller, more aligned and stronger than the day before. Don't you just love the way the body keeps pulling in over the following two days? Yeah. Me too.

Happy pulsing all.

The position isolates the muscles and the pulse trains.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
4/12 completed...added some weights and lifting in my arms as I find there to be a long gap from when starting leg exercises and she explains at length how to do things, especially the older lady with her leg on the table....that's so boring and such a waste of time to go over all of the how to's.... so after I'm done doing the legs squats and bar work I pick up my weights and get 2 good reps on everything arms....I just can't sit there and wait for her class to be done....it's like a 10 minute lull

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan179
Stats: Weight 155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2013
4/10

Myleesa, That is such a good idea. I try to finish all of the stomach excersises then. I am finally able to do them all within 15 minutes.
Susan179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
5th hour done! It was my Super alternative day, and I'm starting to be able to get more relaxed with it. I'm also finding myself stronger now, which is helping me relax more.

I'm really enjoying my two on, one-two off schedule. It's helping me feel more connected with my body, and I feel more capable because of it, making me want to keep doing Callanetics. A wonderful cycle!

It's funny... sometimes, I just look in my bedroom mirror and see my body, but it's always up close. And today I saw me from a distance for the first time in probably years, and I saw that I wasn't as big as I had in my mind. It reminds me of my friends kids who I only ever see on FB and she always takes close-ups, but then once in a while there will be a picture from a slight distance and I realise just how small her little guys are.

So my advice to you today, is to step back and see the real picture.
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
Starting all over with 197 hours (2/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

4/12 February

Another wonderful session of body sculpting behind me. The studio I work with has a variety of classes to choose from and today I did a sweet 41 minute one that always leaves me feeling well worked but in need of just a little more (it's probably because I used to do those crazy 3 hour marathon sessions ) so after I finished I threw in some push ups and a run of Open and Close which I haven't done in months. It used to be too frustrating trying to get my legs close enough to the body to get up on the toes for the start position but I discovered today that I had thinned out enough through the abdomen that that is no longer a concern. Then I learned that my abs have become so strong that before I knew it I was 25 reps in before I started to feel it enough to need a break. Maybe I can remember to keep this one in on a regular basis.

Adding push ups into the series makes me feel downright athletic. I can only do 10 at a time but those 10 are beautifully smooth and controlled in full plank position. I bought my daughter a set of push up risers last year that I spotted in her living room last night and I think I'm going to try using them next time. I haven't been doing them for long and I've been less than consistent but there's hope for me yet. My goal is to get up to 20 and then work on getting closer and closer to the floor. Wish me luck.

As part of my class today I did a series of standing pelvic rotations at the end of the leg work and WooHoo! those are tough!! You stand about arms length from the barre, feet right below the pelvis and facing straight ahead, all checkpoints in place ( pelvis, pubic bones and ribs on the same plane, shoulders relaxed and down the back, lengthening up through the crown). Sit back into a nice squat, making sure that your behind doesn't fall below the knees, center yourself and begin rotations keeping the movement in the pelvis and hips while the upper body is stable and relaxed. Yeah! Try that one! I have to break between sides to recover a bit. This one is really challenging for the thighs, which is why she puts it at the end of the leg routine. Now if I can only master the pelvic scoops in wide pliť and up on the toes. It was much easier today but this shorter class only does two sets of them instead of three. Normally I have to break between sets 2 and 3 anyway. Maybe next time. I love the fact that there will never be a time when I can say I have learned all that Callanetics has to offer.

I'm continuing to feel younger every day. I noticed yesterday that my neck is starting to pull in magnificently on the sides. It's so amazing to watch the transformation. I've been at this long enough now that I feel I can actually watch the changes occurring sometimes. Weird and exciting. Still a long way to go to get to the goal of the leaner me but the changes are wonderfully consistent and continual. I love Callanetics. This is my fitness plan for life.

Jigglebuster good point. My house is filled with mirrors to throw maximum light in a small space as well as to compliment my Callanetics space so I see myself full-body all the time and it's still a shock sometimes to catch a look in a store window as I pass. I have changed so much in the past 9 months (has it really been only 9 months?) that I sometimes don't recognize myself.

Keep up all that lovely pulsing everyone. Change is good.

"The position isolates and the pulse trains."
Old 02-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chantal1970
Stats: 203/197/140
WOE: Weight Watchers/Clean eating
Start Date: Restarted January 2014
Session 6 is done. I notice a great improvement with the abdominal exercises and the standing lateral torso stretches. I do need to up the cardio though but it is nice that even after not feeling very well I bounced back into Callanetics without any problems. Round 2 of pictures is coming soon, I will see what I look like then. Well, time to get some sleep. Trip is coming soon now, I am done with shopping. I will get a pedicure tomorrow and that is it, then work from Thursday through Saturday, and then leave on Sunday. Hope everyone is doing well. Hugs.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:37 AM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bacon
Stats: 185/151.6/145
WOE: Moderate carb, Paleo-ish
Session 3 of 8 done! Feeling good.
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

One relaxing hour of 10/10. I'm beginning to lower my upper leg slightly on the second stomach exercise. I never thought I would ever be able to do that, considering I struggled to put that first leg up straight in the first place.

Good luck with the pushups susanw53. Being able to do 10 from the getgo too! Oooo la la!

Mayleesa, that's how I started out doing my "extras", I'd just slip them in during the encouraging talking points. If you're wanting to do that, you must be advancing. Yay for you!

Susan179, Chantal, Bacon...

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 02-11-2014 at 08:37 AM..
Old 02-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Prithi
Hello Ladies

Hope I am not too late to join this Feb challenge. I joined Callanetics challenge a few months ago but couldn't keep up.
About me: I am a mom of 8 month old boy.Though I only gained around 13kg my entire pregnancy I feel it is too hard to lose even a couple of kilos. I still have 3 more kilos to lose but that is not my problem. After delivery my body changed dramatically. I mean how is this even possible? I was not a model to start with but I remember having a waist.
It was a challenge to even find time to exercise before but now I have help. Last month I started Callanetics and did 12 sessions. I was over the moon, with in a few sessions I saw a major difference in my post baby belly. The pouch feels lifted and tighter, upper abs are getting tighter.
But I don't see any difference anywhere else, I mean i feel soreness in my arms, thighs but no visible change. Am I doing anything wrong.

This month I am planning 15 sessions. 3/15 done.
Prithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithi View Post
Hope I am not too late to join this Feb challenge. I joined Callanetics challenge a few months ago but couldn't keep up.
About me: I am a mom of 8 month old boy.Though I only gained around 13kg my entire pregnancy I feel it is too hard to lose even a couple of kilos. I still have 3 more kilos to lose but that is not my problem. After delivery my body changed dramatically. I mean how is this even possible? I was not a model to start with but I remember having a waist.
It was a challenge to even find time to exercise before but now I have help. Last month I started Callanetics and did 12 sessions. I was over the moon, with in a few sessions I saw a major difference in my post baby belly. The pouch feels lifted and tighter, upper abs are getting tighter.
But I don't see any difference anywhere else, I mean i feel soreness in my arms, thighs but no visible change. Am I doing anything wrong.

This month I am planning 15 sessions. 3/15 done.
Great work Prithi. I want you to step off the scale and pack it away. Callanetics is about losing inches, not pounds. You would be amazed at the number of people who dropped down two sizes and never changed their weight. The simple reason is that muscle weighs more than fat so as you are emptying out those fat cells you are also gaining muscle fiber. The more complex reason is that Callanetics targets the small skeletal muscles and as they pull in they take everything attached from the inside out with them until it's all pulled in. So I assure you that you will see your waist again.

The changes with Callanetics are incredibly consistent but they are also so subtle that we fail to notice them. Did you take any reference pictures before you began? If not take some now and pull them out for comparison periodically. They will surprise you. We're so geared to instant gratification but in my opinion Callanetics gives the greatest evidence of progress somewhere between 20-30 sessions. In the beginning you notice how much better you feel but around 30 sessions you definitely become motivated by how you are beginning to look. So I encourage you to stick with it and consider making it a lifelong habit. The changes are inevitable if you keep practicing. Where else can you get this much payback from 3 sessions a week? Nowhere.

So let's talk technique. Callanetics requires you to understand what position you are trying to get into, although you will continue to see changes regardless. They will only become more dramatic as your technique improves. By improving I mean learning how to get deeper into that position and then training yourself to use only the targeted skeletal muscles to pulse, doing everything in your power to relax the big muscles we are so used to paying the most attention to. As one of my instructors always says, in order to effectively change the muscles they must be malleable and to be malleable they must be relaxed. You know you've really learned it when you can relax the muscles you are pulsing with. I'm not there yet, but I'm a determined lass and my instructors are quite talented. I assume from your last post you are doing 10/10 so you have visuals of the technique. Trust your instincts. If I were to suggest anything else it would be to get yourself over to YouTube and find the video shorts that were posted during the 12 Days of Callanetics Christmas because they will demonstrate updated techniques.

I spend a lot of time trying to explain these techniques here so if you have any specifics I would be glad to help you figure it out. You never stop being a student of Callanetics. I've been flirting with them for 25 years and what I've learned in the past 9 months alone astounds me. Familiarize yourself with the concept of your counter extensions and utilize them at every opportunity as you pulse. The more you can expand your body internally the better your body can move oxygen and energy to the cells and the faster you see results. Drink lots of water to replenish what your body uses doing all this pulsing. Most of us need more water.

I started this recent journey 9 months ago almost 75 pounds overweight, a burden I had carried around for over 10 years, so I had extensive body fat and the stretched skin covering it. These days I'm fascinated at how my abdomen is pulling in on either side as the fat migrates to the front and up. I know from experience that the end result is a lovely, curvy, pulled in me with smooth skin. If this can happen to me you should expect much faster results. I once again have a waist and so will you. I guarantee it.

It's good to have you back.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Prithi
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Great work Prithi. I want you to step off the scale and pack it away. Callanetics is about losing inches, not pounds. You would be amazed at the number of people who dropped down two sizes and never changed their weight. The simple reason is that muscle weighs more than fat so as you are emptying out those fat cells you are also gaining muscle fiber. The more complex reason is that Callanetics targets the small skeletal muscles and as they pull in they take everything attached from the inside out with them until it's all pulled in. So I assure you that you will see your waist again.

The changes with Callanetics are incredibly consistent but they are also so subtle that we fail to notice them. Did you take any reference pictures before you began? If not take some now and pull them out for comparison periodically. They will surprise you. We're so geared to instant gratification but in my opinion Callanetics gives the greatest evidence of progress somewhere between 20-30 sessions. In the beginning you notice how much better you feel but around 30 sessions you definitely become motivated by how you are beginning to look. So I encourage you to stick with it and consider making it a lifelong habit. The changes are inevitable if you keep practicing. Where else can you get this much payback from 3 sessions a week? Nowhere.

So let's talk technique. Callanetics requires you to understand what position you are trying to get into, although you will continue to see changes regardless. They will only become more dramatic as your technique improves. By improving I mean learning how to get deeper into that position and then training yourself to use only the targeted skeletal muscles to pulse, doing everything in your power to relax the big muscles we are so used to paying the most attention to. As one of my instructors always says, in order to effectively change the muscles they must be malleable and to be malleable they must be relaxed. You know you've really learned it when you can relax the muscles you are pulsing with. I'm not there yet, but I'm a determined lass and my instructors are quite talented. I assume from your last post you are doing 10/10 so you have visuals of the technique. Trust your instincts. If I were to suggest anything else it would be to get yourself over to YouTube and find the video shorts that were posted during the 12 Days of Callanetics Christmas because they will demonstrate updated techniques.

I spend a lot of time trying to explain these techniques here so if you have any specifics I would be glad to help you figure it out. You never stop being a student of Callanetics. I've been flirting with them for 25 years and what I've learned in the past 9 months alone astounds me. Familiarize yourself with the concept of your counter extensions and utilize them at every opportunity as you pulse. The more you can expand your body internally the better your body can move oxygen and energy to the cells and the faster you see results. Drink lots of water to replenish what your body uses doing all this pulsing. Most of us need more water.

I started this recent journey 9 months ago almost 75 pounds overweight, a burden I had carried around for over 10 years, so I had extensive body fat and the stretched skin covering it. These days I'm fascinated at how my abdomen is pulling in on either side as the fat migrates to the front and up. I know from experience that the end result is a lovely, curvy, pulled in me with smooth skin. If this can happen to me you should expect much faster results. I once again have a waist and so will you. I guarantee it.

It's good to have you back.

Thank you Susanw53. Really appreciate that you took time to reply. Your story is very motivating, I saw your before and after pics and wow, you are in an amazing journey. I am determined to sculpt my body the way I desire.
I read the forums and look at the before after pics on a daily basis for motivation - I feel that I am in the right place.
Prithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/140/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post

I can attest to the fact that height has nothing to do with flexibility (if only that were true!!!). That is a myth. I've seen many a 5'2"er easily bend over and hug their legs and many who are 5'7" and taller not even be able to reach the middle of their shins.
Hi Jigglebuster, I know what you mean; however, Jillian is about 5 feet 3 inches and the other girl (Selima?) seems to be about 6 feet -- even if Jillian had the same flexibility as Selima, I didn't think her legs would be able to reach up as high.

I guess I'm recalling my experience with my mom; we both had the same amount of pliancy, but my legs exceeded hers in doing round house kicks, I was much taller.
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:12 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/140/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
5/12 so far this month...

Prithi, happyone, maddiemod - Happy Pulsing!
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callangirl View Post
Hi Jigglebuster, I know what you mean; however, Jillian is about 5 feet 3 inches and the other girl (Selima?) seems to be about 6 feet -- even if Jillian had the same flexibility as Selima, I didn't think her legs would be able to reach up as high.

I guess I'm recalling my experience with my mom; we both had the same amount of pliancy, but my legs exceeded hers in doing round house kicks, I was much taller.
Hi callangirl!
Isn't that about length and reach rather than actual flexibility, though? I mean, if you take two people with different lengthed legs, especially in proportion to their body, but who have the same amount of flexibility, of course the one with longer legs would be able to reach further. But height in itself can't determine flexibility.

Maybe, as someone who is not flexible, I am misunderstanding something here? ... open to learning, though.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

5/12 February

Ahhh, how I love this program. Most of the movements today were strictly old school 10/10 but with the focus on working relaxed and effortless they feel totally different to me these days. There are amazing things going on with my body recently. I can feel boney markers that I haven't felt for years. I spent most of yesterday resting my hands on my body to feel the muscles moving smoothly and effortlessly as I moved through space. I can't remember ever feeling them in this way before and it's absolutely fascinating. It's like I'm developing a new body. This is fun.

By the end of the month I will slip right into those jeans the next size down.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

5/12 done yesterday!!! I really do love this program!! I see smalllllllll changes but positive ones and my thighs def feel different when I walk....like maybe they aren't rubbing together sooooo much?!? one can only hope right....kutgw everybody!!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maddiemod
Stats: 154/137/110 5'2"
WOE: JUDDD/BEAD
Start Date: July 2012
Well, I got side tracked with a bad cold and a bad back, but I’m ready to go now. Thanks for the welcome.
Did one hour of 10/10 on 2/12 and again today, so I’m at 4/13.
I’m getting better and can definitely feel –and even see-the difference, although having real difficulty with the pelvic rotations & scoop!
maddiemod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

6/12 done!! woohoo.....bring on the weekend....oh wait I'm oncall the entire weekend with a full moon.....NOOOOOOOOO
Old 02-15-2014, 05:17 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiemod View Post
Well, I got side tracked with a bad cold and a bad back, but Iím ready to go now. Thanks for the welcome.
Did one hour of 10/10 on 2/12 and again today, so Iím at 4/13.
Iím getting better and can definitely feel Ėand even see-the difference, although having real difficulty with the pelvic rotations & scoop!
It's good to see you back Maddiemod. Sorry to hear about the cold and back concerns, but that's ancient history now. I always remind myself with a cold that the tendency the human body is to heal. As I get older I find I have much less tolerance for them.

Callanetics is very good at eliminating back problems. Back in mid 2013 I was challenged with a niggle in my upper back that I was beginning to think would never stop. I was constantly on the mat trying to find a way to release the tension and let the muscles return to their proper resting length. It was ridiculously frustrating. Then one day my body simply let it go and I didn't even notice for about a week. Our hope is that you will have the same experience as you continue this journey.

If you share your challenges with the Pelvic Rotations and Scoops I may be able to help you find workable solutions. They are some of the most challenging movements, a distinction reinforced by their placement late in the series. I'm pretty sure Callan put them there because your body has to be very prepared in order to get maximum benefits from them. Yesterday one of my instructors had me doing the rotations with the arms out in front in nice ballet form. I found that modification allowed me to focus more intently on controlling the rotation, keeping the movement confined to the pelvis as the upper body stayed stable and as quiet as I could muster. Because this was a new approach for me I did them in groups of 5, switching back and forth between sides until I had completed the full count of 10 to each side. After each set I relaxed, stared in the mirror for a moment and thought about what I had just done and considered any changes to form I wanted to make on the next set. It was really an exquisite time.

Keep at it. The rewards are amazing. I promise.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:25 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

6/12 February

When you begin Callanetics you are asked to develop a strong mind/body relationship. As part of that endeavor you are asked to create the image of the desired position and movement in perfect form and then to gently allow your body to catch up with the ideal you keep in the front of your mind as you work. I still see Callan as my guide throughout each and every session and when I have struggled for mastery I have always tried to replicate her form, be it from the book or the videos.

My session yesterday was when my body finally caught up with my mind. It was such a profound experience that I had to think about it overnight before I did this post. From the very beginning I could feel that there was something different about what my body was doing. Setting up for the Waist Stretch I noticed that all of my outer lateral muscles had completely relaxed and the lengthening through the spine was amazing. I could feel my counter extensions almost like a cable, and the ability to simultaneously lengthen through the heels and the crown as I relaxed over to the side surprised me in it's intensity. I started to get really excited about then.

My excitement graduated to awe as I continued through the routine. Each movement brought new joyful moments as my muscles responded with a control I had never experienced before. Suddenly I was picking up on little things, like a previously unnoticed tendency to allow my left upper leg to roll inwards as I slipped from front to the right leg while executing the floor stretch with legs wide. It was so subtle that I almost missed it, but there it was. I paused, adjusted it back, lengthening through the crown and the heels and letting go of the tension in my hamstrings and out through supremely relaxed ankles, took a deep breath, stretched up through the spine as I exhaled and continued on to the right side. And my body was with me every step of the way! I've been working for nine months to get to this point and here it was and I was blown away!

While doing the Evolution Hips and Behind movements with stacked knees I had to wonder in what universe did I find these easy? My deep muscles were working so well I developed a tiny quiver deep in the upper leg. The most amazing thing was how easily my body responded as I worked through the cues. The constant litany of
"Relax the shoulders."
"Relax the hips."
"Keep the waist lifted."
"Extend through the center of the arm, through the middle finger."
"Keep Breathing. Relax. Relax more."
"Leeeeengthen through the spine. "
"Tuuuurn the head to the floor. Relax the shoulders. Relax the neck."
"Change the pulse. Try the corkscrew. Maybe not today."
"Aaaaand relax on the exhale."
"Extend through the heel. Through the crown. Growing longer."
"Lift the waist and B-r-e-a-t-h-e........."

And my body did everything I asked it to do easily and smoothly. I was in utter amazement while I worked. I kept thinking "So this is how it's supposed to feel!" I just went back to check and this was my 102 session since beginning last May. Consistency is the key. No way around it. It's not because I write about it so passionately. It's not that I will talk the ears off anyone willing to listen. It's because I actually do them 2-3 times a week that I get the incredible benefits I see every day.

I have reached the beginning of the phase where body and mind are on the same page at the same time. This should be interesting from here on out.

Meditation in movement. Just like Callan promised.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

sounds like total zen susan
Old 02-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bacon
Stats: 185/151.6/145
WOE: Moderate carb, Paleo-ish
Session 5 out of 8 done! Possible I just never noticed before, but I think I'm seeing more definition in my shoulder/upper arm/deltoid area. Maybe it's those underarm tighteners, I have no idea!
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

yay bacon!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

6/12
Old 02-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

7/12 done and I feel amazing, I reallllllly concentrated today on not rushing and really deep breathing into things. SOOOO happy!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

7/12 February

The amazing journey continues! I was concerned that I had over reacted last session but this one was just as productive. Twenty minutes for a releasing Daily Stretch followed by about 1 1/2 hours of Callanetics free style. I believe my favorite part today would have to be abs. Starting out with waving abs. They are so demanding, requiring such control on that side rotation. I learned these from the Evo DVD with the sweep to the side that dipped towards the floor. She now teaches them without the dip, keeping the arm and hand on a stable horizontal as you rotate around the mid back keeping your eyes focused on your fingertips as you go. I've come to prefer this movement as an intro to abs.

Whenever I set up my own routine it typically contains lots of rotational movements and some of my favorites are abs. Recently I've gained significant control of the pulses. I'm not curled up all that far yet but it's a clean curl, and I've grown adept at extending through the arms verses reaching with the arms. No matter where I'm working I'm trying to focus on using the smaller muscles and the abs are no exception. Before releasing the arms I take a deep breath and on the exhale let the abs settle down along the spine. Then I release, one arm at a time to allow the core to stabilize, relax the neck to let the ears settle back over the shoulders and envision pulsing the nose to the chest. The entire time I'm relaxing the abs on each exhale. My instructor recently speaks of the curve up to your shoulders and today I understood that, my neck and shoulders tension-free, my arms effortlessly floating in space. Sweet!

While doing the Angled Leg Lifts and switching between pulsing techniques I was considering how difficult the corkscrew pulse was a mere month ago where now it's becoming my go-to favorite choice. When I started experimenting with it the spastic nature of my muscles was comical. Every intensification brings a brief period where you feel like a beginner. Anytime I find myself really challenged I remember Callan telling us to laugh at our body's temporary limitations. Before I know it I've mastered the seemingly impossible. Again.

I'm enjoying the every-other-day schedule. Hopefully I can keep it up.

mayleesa the excitement never stops. You're doing great!

Bacon, yeah, it's the underarm tighteners. Trust me. I'm having lots of fun with push ups.

Susan179, good consistency.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #57
Kat
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kat
Stats: 160/158/145
WOE: Low/Moderate Carb
Start Date: 1/28/14
Is it too late to join in this challenge? I just got my DVD and I am 3 hours in...
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Kat, It is never too late! Welcome
Old 02-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #59
Kat
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kat
Stats: 160/158/145
WOE: Low/Moderate Carb
Start Date: 1/28/14
Thanks Susan...I'm excited! I am on my 3rd hour of exercise and would like to know when most of you saw noticeable results? Is it really after the 10th hour?
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MizTenaciousT
Stats: 176/169/145
WOE: Paleo/Primal (most of the time)
Hi all! I'm a newbie here. I've heard about Callanetics and have wanted to try it. Which dvd do you recommend to start out with? Is it better to start with the original 10 in 10, or should I get the newer version, Callanetics Evolution? Or Cardio Callanetics? I keep hearing great things about this program and am very excited to give it a try, but I'm finding all the options confusing!

A bit about me: I'm turning 35 next month and have decided to make my health more of a priority. I weigh 176 right now and want to get back down to 145. I don't like focusing on the numbers that much though, more about how I FEEL everyday. I want to feel strong and vibrant again! I used to be in much better shape in my teens and early twenties. Now, with work and school and life, staying in shape kind of fell by the wayside. I don't like exercises that force you to jump around (I live in an upstairs apartment and I'm sure my neighbors would hate me, lol!. I've always loved anything that feels like ballet or yoga-- calm, challenging, and focused. Callanetics sure sounds like it will be a good fit! Which dvd do you ladies recommend?
MizTenaciousT is offline   Reply With Quote