Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
callanetics saved me....I did number 7 this morning, then took the dogs to the pet expo...dropped them off at the front door with my bestie and went to park the car faaaaaaaar away the entire parking lot was an icy mess and while I walked very carefully I slipped and fell onto my right hip...I swear to you my new right arse muscle cushioned my fall big time...that sweet little peach on the right kept me from getting hurt much worse....I did land on my elbow too which did not fair to well but I am attributing my butt not getting hurt to callanetics
mayleesa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bacon
Stats: 185/151.6/145
WOE: Moderate carb, Paleo-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Good going Bacon. Isn't it impressive how quickly the body grows stronger and the technique becomes almost instinctive? Might I offer some pointers?

Any work done on the Hips and Behind is accentuated by training yourself to completely relax the large surface muscles of the legs, hips and up through the waist to the armpits. I used to encourage students to keep their face and toes so relaxed that everything in between wants to relax as well. if you keep your lips gently open with the tip of your tongue lightly resting on the roof of your mouth it will help overcome any tendency to grit the teeth, clench the jaw or tighten the neck muscles. But if you can keep those larger muscles I spoke of out of the work the core skeletal muscles will lift and move the leg on their own and your results will increase dramatically. It's the lengthening through the heel and through the crown that lifts the leg. Think of extending down the back of the leg and through the heel. Don't be afraid to lean over more. You will sit taller as you go along. Relax and see it in your mind. Your body will find the way. It may take some thought but once learned it becomes almost impossible to return to muscling into the position.

With the pelvic wave (I'm assuming you are speaking of the leg work) you also want to resist the temptation to use the larger muscles and focus instead on the small skeletal muscles. No clenching of the gluteus Maximus. Begin by lengthening the lower back by thinking of stretching the sit bones down to the floor. When you reach maximum stretch there simply curl the pelvis right there at the joint. This movement is for the legs so I try to figure out which muscle fibers I'm shooting for here and then keep relaxing everything else until I can feel those muscles engaging. For years I used all the muscles and curled under for all it was worth until my front thighs and pelvis lifted to the front. My focus now is to keep the pelvis right there where I started and make the wave a very precise movement that can definitely be seen (and believe me is definitely felt! ) but is nowhere near the amount of movement I used to get. I know a couple wicked variations on this movement when you're ready for more challenge.

A Callanetics instructor calls it the "Callanetics Paradox" of using less effort but working harder. If you switch back and forth between the two methods you will see and feel the difference. After all, if your going to devote valuable time to a body tune up you should get maximum results shouldn't you?

Keep up the great work. So much more excitement is ahead for you.
Thank you for the tips! Did my session today with relaxing the bigger muscle groups in mind. Trying to keep my pelvic floor sipped and the rest of my muscles relaxed is an interesting feeling!

Session 7 of 8 complete - whew, 10/10's pelvic rotations are tough! I was so used to doing fewer reps on the AM/PM sequence that doing 10 per side was pretty challenging.
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/133/120
WOE: JUDDD
Hihi!
Another newbie here. I've done lc on/off for about 10 years. It's the only way to whittle down my body, more so now that I'm in my 30s!

I just cracked out my 10/10 dvd, and whoooo boy. That hurt!
I think until the end of the month I'll try to get another round in and then join a challenge in February.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:39 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
callanetics saved me....I did number 7 this morning, then took the dogs to the pet expo...dropped them off at the front door with my bestie and went to park the car faaaaaaaar away the entire parking lot was an icy mess and while I walked very carefully I slipped and fell onto my right hip...I swear to you my new right arse muscle cushioned my fall big time...that sweet little peach on the right kept me from getting hurt much worse....I did land on my elbow too which did not fair to well but I am attributing my butt not getting hurt to callanetics
Isn't that wonderful? Not that you fell but that it gave you the opportunity to see the benefits of Callanetics in a new way. Back in the early 90s I had been doing them for about a year when I pulled into oncoming traffic and took a hit right into the steering column, totally destroying the car. Air bags weren't common then and I didn't have any. Seeing the car in the pound later scared me more than at the time of the accident. My husband retrieved me, took me home and let me sleep off the trauma in our waterbed. Aside from the bruise from the seat belt I suffered no injuries at all. There weren't even any sore muscles the next day. I have always believed that Callanetics saved my life in that instance.

In the original,book one of Callan's students being photographed was her mother, who had recently fallen down a flight of stairs and suffered nothing more than a bruise on her outer thigh. When you consider what would have happened in your life with a cracked or broken hip you now have a greater appreciation for the strong body suit you're developing under your skin.

I had a special Callanetics moment in the snow yesterday, though not as exciting. I was running to the pharmacy for an elderly neighbor and came to the point where I cross a large open parking lot of a closed store to find the entire expanse covered with over three inches of freshly fallen, virginal snow. Suddenly I felt like a kid again! There's something magical about the sweet crunch of deep untouched snow that makes me want to play and I took the long way to stretch out the wonder. For the first time in years I wasn't afraid of falling. As you get older you become more careful about footfalls in ice and snow. It felt good yesterday knowing my core was stable enough to keep me upright and balanced. I love Callanetics.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:48 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerp View Post
Hihi!
Another newbie here. I've done lc on/off for about 10 years. It's the only way to whittle down my body, more so now that I'm in my 30s!

I just cracked out my 10/10 dvd, and whoooo boy. That hurt!
I think until the end of the month I'll try to get another round in and then join a challenge in February.
kwerp. I get insanely excited when someone new sticks their head in the door. We'll be glad to have you along for the ride next month. I'll offer you my standard greeting advice. There are years worth of archival reading from this ongoing monthly thread. It's always a worthwhile trip into the archival mines. There are some absolutely invaluable video shorts that were loaded onto YouTube over December 2013 that demonstrate many of the movements with much of the fresh approach we speak of here. They were part of a 12 Days of Callanetics Christmas gift shared with the Callanetics community. You already have 10/10 and are versed in the basics. Feel free to ask any questions that arise.

Happy pulsing.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:18 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
100th hour!

Hello all you peaches! Today was my 100th hour since I restarted last spring. I feel content in knowing I didn't stop despite my challenges.

I did my alternative day today, and I have to say I like doing something different yet predictable every other hour rather than doing the exact same every hour. I also see the difference in my body, as well as, I don't know how to put it. It seems like changing things up here and there, causes me to feel like I haven't done very much, which makes me make time more often, which lifts my peach all that much more.

kwerp
All I have to say is, keep in mind, Callanetics is about listening to your body to the degree of being gentle, even ultra gentle sometimes. The more you do that the better and faster your results will be.

Let us know i you need anything!
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
Starting all over with 198 hours (1/? this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
kwerp. I get insanely excited when someone new sticks their head in the door. We'll be glad to have you along for the ride next month. I'll offer you my standard greeting advice. There are years worth of archival reading from this ongoing monthly thread. It's always a worthwhile trip into the archival mines. There are some absolutely invaluable video shorts that were loaded onto YouTube over December 2013 that demonstrate many of the movements with much of the fresh approach we speak of here. They were part of a 12 Days of Callanetics Christmas gift shared with the Callanetics community. You already have 10/10 and are versed in the basics. Feel free to ask any questions that arise.

Happy pulsing.
Thanks for the info!
I'm soooo sore today! My first goal is to make it through another hour this week, preferably after my muscles don't hurt!
Old 01-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post

kwerp
All I have to say is, keep in mind, Callanetics is about listening to your body to the degree of being gentle, even ultra gentle sometimes. The more you do that the better and faster your results will be.

Let us know i you need anything!
Thanks! Right now I'm just so sore, I doubt I'll get back to it until later in the week.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chantal1970
Stats: 203/197/140
WOE: Weight Watchers/Clean eating
Start Date: Restarted January 2014
Hour 13 done.

I am really having a great time working out. I had a massage yesterday and that helped greatly with the soreness. I am going to get a lymphatic drainage massage tomorrow so I will work out in the morning. How is everyone doing?
Chantal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

11/13 January

Jigglebuster It's a wonderful,accomplishment! When I think back over your past year ... You are amazing.

Chantal, there you are at 13 sessions already! Every session will make each massage a new experience for you. It will probably continue like that for a good while. As your technique improves you challenge yourself in a new way which brings deeper results and new levels of strength and balance. I anticipate your work will become even more pleasurable as you go along. My daughter has me applying my new strength to massage her tense back and neck. She would be well served to get back to Callanetics. I always considered it to be like self massage.

Kwerp, next time be a little more gentle. Callanetics requires us to set aside the urge to "work" hard to get benefits. Learning how to keep the larger muscles relaxed as you control movement with the small skeletal muscles takes much of the effort out of the movement but at the same time it takes more work to maintain control. That's why it's so important to take those breathers. If you're breathing slowly and deeply your body can better flush out the lactic acid. It will be better next time. Before long you'll forget about it.

While I was doing Hips and Behind today I was listening very carefully to what I was thinking, how I instruct myself.

After getting into position I always take a moment to center myself. I begin a simultaneous leaning away from the leg I'm working as I also extend through the crown and through the heel, (" lean, lengthen, lean, lengthen, lean...") being alert for that precise moment when the appendage lifts on its own, just right up off the floor. I stop right there. At that pivot point I delicately balance as I pulse, working to keep the hips and waist relaxed and keeping tension from the back and shoulders. The pulse is almost imperceptible to see sometimes but I can assure you my muscles are working! Face relaxed. Toes relaxed. Shoulders relaxed, down the back. Up through the crown. Extend further out from the hip joint. Breathe. Exhale and let the tension go. Ribs down and relaxed. Feel it working deep. (I can still remember the excitement the first time I felt it deep in the hip joint and deep in the behind.) I'm trying to learn to do these movements with as little lean to the side as possible. Keeping the core active but concentrating the work to the hip and behind. Relaxed. Relaxed. Relaxed.

I'm always attempting to maintain a stable plane with my torso and upper body for this sequence. Checkpoints all aligned and facing forward. I pretend that I'm encased between two pieces of glass that keep me from falling either forward or to the back. The biggest challenge is in doing the kneeling positions. I used to settle behind the knee caps and lift the knee or leg using large muscles and "tighten, tilt, lift and pulse". Now I try my best to keep those large muscles quiet so the skeletal muscles kick in. As the skeletal muscles reach optimal strength the next layer out comes into play, then the next layer out until the body suit is complete. My new approach requires me to keep the stable plane so the raising knee can't fall behind that plane. You wouldn't think that would make much difference, would you? Ha! You have to let the knee come up without falling to the back which means the foot on that side slides across the floor to the front as the knee rises. As you lengthen to lift you can feel your entire core engage. The trick is to just let it happen. It's the extension through crown and heels that makes it lift. "See it, believe it, expect it and make it so. " Sometimes I have to pause and motivate myself to get the movement started.

My best moment today: Lying on the floor doing a Corpse Pose and mentally scanning the body for changes and alerts I realized that the back fat has been diminished to a small handful and fading. No more rolls of back fat. How did I miss that?

Happy pulsing everyone. The thrill never fades.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Yep, 13 so far and enjoying every minute of my workouts. I was so relaxed after today's session that I napped for 4 hours! I feel that it makes me so mindful of my posture and movements that I get in somewhat of a meditative state.

I have been incorporating a lot of lunges and squats in my cardio routine and I can feel the tension in my knees. The beauty of Callanetics is that it helps minimize the pain because of the gentle stretches. So not only does it help me tone my body, but I get a therapeutic effect too. I feel my muscles pulling in, it is a nice tightness all over my body.

When I first started, I would divide the exercises into 33 reps. Now I am able to do 50 nonstop. I do modify the kneeling exercises, as I can't kneel due to the arthritis on my right knee. So I do it with my knees bent at an angle and I still manage to feel the pulsing on my quadriceps. I am also able to raise my leg higher and straighter when doing the abdominal exercises. The difference in angle is big, about 30 degree improvement, WOW! Can't wait for my 20th hour so that I can take pictures again and see for myself the progress achieved.

Happy pulsing everyone.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/140/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
I've done my quota of 10/10 for this month...

Tapper47, Iowa-Girl, and Kwerp glad that you've joined us Callan-fans!

Jigglebuster, I'm not that tough that I'd stand up to the flu; I had some TOM issues.

Thanks, Susanw53, this winter has been brutal and one for the record books, hasn't it?

Mayleesa, glad you weren't hurt; callanetics is supposed to make you more injury proof, due to muscle toning and improved flexibility.

Keep On Pulsing...
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/140/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud87 View Post
Hoping someone can answer me this!

I'm about to purchase Super Callanetics (after using 10/10 AND quick callanetics legs for like a year now)... I'm wondering though how the leg section differs in Super. or is it the same?? (hope not)
Welcome, Rosebud87:

I dug up my Complete Callanetics book, which have the bestselling collection of Callan’s exercises in it. This includes 10/10, 15 minute maintenance plan, take care of your back exercises, advanced callanetics and super callanetics.

As Susanw53 stated, the super callanetics exercises (including the legs) are more intense, it seem to be the same amount of repetitions though.

In fact, Callan describes the difference between regular and super callanetics as: “Each motion of super Callanetics is basically the equivalent of twenty of the one-hour movements. So the results are twenty times as effective and noticeable.”

She continues, “Before attempting to do Super Callanetics make sure you’ve mastered all the movements, terms, and exercises from the one-hour 10/10 program, and have built up strength from doing them regularly.”

Callan suggests that you gradually add some of the super moves into your 10/10 program after you’ve the proper muscle strength for them.

So yes, it seems that you’ll be challenged by the advanced leg movements. I know that I’m trying to work up to the super ones, hopefully by the end of the year I’ll be at that level. Right now, I’m content with attempting to perfect the 10/10 method.
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantal1970 View Post
Yep, 13 so far and enjoying every minute of my workouts. I was so relaxed after today's session that I napped for 4 hours! I feel that it makes me so mindful of my posture and movements that I get in somewhat of a meditative state.

I have been incorporating a lot of lunges and squats in my cardio routine and I can feel the tension in my knees. The beauty of Callanetics is that it helps minimize the pain because of the gentle stretches. So not only does it help me tone my body, but I get a therapeutic effect too. I feel my muscles pulling in, it is a nice tightness all over my body.

When I first started, I would divide the exercises into 33 reps. Now I am able to do 50 nonstop. I do modify the kneeling exercises, as I can't kneel due to the arthritis on my right knee. So I do it with my knees bent at an angle and I still manage to feel the pulsing on my quadriceps. I am also able to raise my leg higher and straighter when doing the abdominal exercises. The difference in angle is big, about 30 degree improvement, WOW! Can't wait for my 20th hour so that I can take pictures again and see for myself the progress achieved.

Happy pulsing everyone.
It's so much fun to share in your excitement. Somewhere along the way you should try the waving abs from Evolution. I think you would really enjoy them. Then there are any number of abs movements that include a rotation in the positioning. You have only scratched the surface Chantal. As you do the abs be conscious of extending through both heels to create greater length. There are counter extensions from the scapulae through the middle fingers as well, so although I try not to pulse through the fingers I do try to extend further out through them as I also keep the arms lightly floating. After all, this work is meant to be completely focused on the abs.

In her original book Callan included an advanced series that included standing Hips and Behind movements. I believe Callan said one pulse of these was equivalent to 20 pulses of the regular version. I can believe it. These are by no means easy, they are after all advanced, but until I installed my ballet barre last month I did them standing at a temporary barre I had installed on a door because they were easier than kneeling at the time. Now I have the barre and 1/2" flooring mats to kneel on so the kneeling ones are a new adventure again.

Standing at the barre, feet aligned under the pelvis and pointing straight ahead. Bend the left knee slightly, lengthen the lower back and ever so precisely give a little curl to the pelvis to just bring the pubic bones up a bit in the front. Think hooked by a fishing line. Now slowly let your right knee rise out to the side without moving anything else. When you get it up as high as you can without moving the pelvis out of alignment continue to lengthen your upper body up and over to the right side. You are creating a "C" curve to the right with your body and as a result your left shoulder and elbow are higher than your right. Very deliberately lift your right foot a little higher until you feel the muscles in your right hip engage. Begin pulsing back and forth from there. Make sure you are pulsing from the knee and not simply letting the leg swing from the hip joint. Be attentive in keeping the large muscles relaxed. Focus on the skeletal muscles and keep extending through the crown and through the right heel. Keep growing longer and more relaxed as you pulse. These are pretty intense and I ALWAYS take breathers at 50 pulses and switch to the other side. I also work really hard to keep the edges of my scapula from tensing up.

The straight leg requires you to bend the supporting leg as you extend the right one out. Roll the hip to the front, lengthen the lower back, curl the pelvis ever-so-precisely, inhale and as you exhale allow your right leg to travel over to the left as you s-t-r-e-t-c-h up and over to the right. Again your left side is higher positioned than your right as you create the exaggerated curl to the right. Keep your left knee bent a little to amp up the challenge. As you exhale lengthen through the crown and the heel until the foot just lifts from the floor and begin pulsing up and down. You will feel the pulse along the outer thigh and deep in the hip and behind. When you figure out how to do these well you will be amazed at how effectively they work. Break these up into blocks of 50 as well but do all 100 pulses on each side.

I hope these descriptions are clear enough. I believe this movement is included in Super. I've loaned my books and DVDs out so I'm not sure. If you need more clarification you have only to ask.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

8 finished this morning!!! I wonder if/when the flexibility will come in, I have never in my life been flexible, my legs have never been able to do a split and I really can bend that well when doing the leg work....I'm hopeful that this will increase my flexibility as I feel like my leg muscles are extremely tight rubber bands..... I really am not that steady either when doing the leg work, I'm incredibly wobbly and I have to hope this can be helped too....time will tell!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
8 finished this morning!!! I wonder if/when the flexibility will come in, I have never in my life been flexible, my legs have never been able to do a split and I really can bend that well when doing the leg work....I'm hopeful that this will increase my flexibility as I feel like my leg muscles are extremely tight rubber bands..... I really am not that steady either when doing the leg work, I'm incredibly wobbly and I have to hope this can be helped too....time will tell!
Fear not Mayleesa, flexibility is certain to show itself. The better you can train yourself to work relaxed and effortless the more flexible you become. It's important to let your body get there in it's own time. We get so excited about our own results and inspired by others and every now and then we forget that we are working on our OWN bodies which are entirely individual. Avoid any tendency to force it. You'll definitely get there. Promise. There really is a magical time somewhere between 20 -30 sessions where you are suddenly aware of just how dramatic a difference Callanetics is having on your body. I'm looking forward to celebrating that moment with you in about a month.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Old 01-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

My strength is almost back 100%. I'm able to do 80%- 100% of the pulses again. I'm also back to not having to hang onto the bar, but with the 2nd ab exercises I'm not able to put my second leg out just yet; it'll come.

Today's hour was one where every movement felt good, I wasn't rushed, and I'm noticing small improvements, flexibility-wise. I wish they were all like this one; sometimes, I feel like I'm lugging around a cinderblock in a sack over my shoulder as I haphazardly get into position - not so relaxing. Haha!

Myleesa, I can assure you it will come. I am the least flexible person in the world (okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration), and slowly, my legs straightened and on the floor stretches I'm actually off my tailbone now and solidly on my sitsbones, with straight legs – a big deal for me.

Gentle is key though. A lot of people think they have to try to stretch, which actually has the opposite affect and makes stretching more difficult. What you need to focus on is relaxing the muscles and breathing into them. If you do this, you'll see some wonderful results.

If you're having trouble with the floor stretches and have bent knees, try rolling a large towel and placing it under your sitsbones. It will help you find the angle you need for the moment while your body learns to allow the movement to happen and feel safe in it.

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 01-28-2014 at 08:49 AM..
Old 01-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

12/13 January

Just stopping in to mark my spot. That has to be my favorite post read over the past year. I can't remember who posted it but I remember it and laugh every time I come here to do the same.

Jigglebuster I am so happy to see you recovered from the flu. I like the gentle way you have with yourself.

Have to go help Dale fix lunch. Happy pulsing all.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:31 AM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bacon
Stats: 185/151.6/145
WOE: Moderate carb, Paleo-ish
Finished session 8/8 last night, yay!
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Finished session 8/8 last night, yay!
You did it Bacon! Great work.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:36 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

I did it! 8/8.... I am almost back, as far as strength is considered. I can't quite hold my leg fully extended for the under arm tightener, but I used to do it for a count of 50 on each side before, and I'll do it again. I can't believe 10 can feel so hard! It feels like I've got 200 lbs on the leg extension machine or something. Ha ha!

susanw53, with this body, I have no choice but to be gentle with myself. I wasn't always though. Callan really did help me cement that in me years ago, and it's helped me in so many ways, even in other aspects of my life.

Oh! and yesterday I did my alternative day (Super replacements), and I have to say, my wavy arms were intense, and I was able to do more, and go further down than ever before. It felt like I was swimming for a very long period by the end.

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 01-31-2014 at 07:38 AM..
Old 01-31-2014, 09:54 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

I could use a hug. I am being whiney, that's all.

I have been very stressed out this past week and I barely managed only 1 session of cardio and callanetics. Sigh...

I am even getting my period 2 weeks earlier, I feel bloated, crampy and my sleep apnea is out of control. Thankfully, I am getting my cpap machine today so hopefully tonight I will have a good night's sleep.

At least I have stuck to my diet, eating lots of greens, lean protein and drinking my water, so that is good. I just feel like I am exhausted, hormones out of control and just plain moody. I do not like feeling this way.

Any tips on how to handle things? I do pray, meditate and I will restart Callanetics today, honestly I was much happier when I was doing this workout daily.

Hugs to all, and hope everyone is doing great.
Chantal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Chantal, when I feel like that, I tell myself, "I'll just do a little of each thing, it's better than nothing." And I give myself full permission to grumble and complain all I want. Before you know it I've done that full hour, and am glad I did.

Good luck!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:15 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

10/10 completed!!! I DID 10!!!! I can DIG IT!!!!! Bring on February!!!! can I continue doing 10/10 since that's all I have or do I need to buy something else to keep building....money is kinda tight right now....pictures will be taken tomorrow morning to see if there is a difference....right now my clothes fit no better so I'm hoping I can see some results!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantal1970 View Post
I could use a hug. I am being whiney, that's all.

I have been very stressed out this past week and I barely managed only 1 session of cardio and callanetics. Sigh...

I am even getting my period 2 weeks earlier, I feel bloated, crampy and my sleep apnea is out of control. Thankfully, I am getting my cpap machine today so hopefully tonight I will have a good night's sleep.

At least I have stuck to my diet, eating lots of greens, lean protein and drinking my water, so that is good. I just feel like I am exhausted, hormones out of control and just plain moody. I do not like feeling this way.

Any tips on how to handle things? I do pray, meditate and I will restart Callanetics today, honestly I was much happier when I was doing this workout daily.

Hugs to all, and hope everyone is doing great.
Chantal, first off . Times like these are frustrating and we have to remember that they WILL pass. I understand how 'normal' the consistent scheduling of Callanetics can leave you feeling and how disruptive it can be to have that schedule compromised. I know I'm never happy when I miss my sessions. Treat yourself to something special just because you deserve it. Personally I always like reading a tearjerker book or watching a movie that drags me through an emotional roller coaster. Tears are one of the most effective ways to get the nasty proteins that are driving you bonkers out of your bloodstream so I indulge and then try to follow up with something hysterically funny because laughter is the best medicine. These days my go to for laughter has been a video on YouTube called "Dad Life". That video always reduces me to tears of laughter.

My husband struggles with sleep apnea and, unfortunately, can't tolerate any of the machines marketed to counteract it, so I can only imagine what a good night's sleep will do for you. On the Callanetics front, you might want to come up with a modified program to use on days when you really need the exercise but know your schedule won't permit a full run. You might try only doing half a session or even 1/3 of the full pulses. You'd be surprised how effective this can be to keep your moods stable. Hormonal swings are such a bear.

I hope this helped. Your vacation (menstraution-free) will go a long way to make you feel better. One more time .
Old 01-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
10/10 completed!!! I DID 10!!!! I can DIG IT!!!!! Bring on February!!!! can I continue doing 10/10 since that's all I have or do I need to buy something else to keep building....money is kinda tight right now....pictures will be taken tomorrow morning to see if there is a difference....right now my clothes fit no better so I'm hoping I can see some results!!!
Well done Maylessa. The entire Callanetics universe is basically an extension of the 10/10 series and it is perfectly acceptable to continue with this program alone. At any given time we will be offering you ideas on how to modify these movements to intensify and ramp up the results, but if you never used any of those modifications and did 10/10 as is you will still reap the benefits of the program and continue to be thinner every session. It's the beauty of Callanetics. The consistency of practice is what's important. You have reached the first big point in your transformation and from here on it only gets better. I assure you that there is another marvelously magical moment somewhere between 20-30 sessions. When you take your pictures you will probably initially not see the differences so I encourage you to scrutinize the pictures and allow yourself to see the changes. I kept myself from taking any more until I had completed another 20 sessions and now I space them out every 40 sessions because by then the changes are so noticeable that it's undeniable. Also, when you take the pictures put yourself into Callanetics alignment first, feet directly below the hips and aligned straight ahead, weight back on the heels, ribs relaxed and down. No sucking it in.

It's a delight sharing in your joy. Happy pulsing.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

I'm coming in one short of my goal this month but 12 sessions in a month is something to be proud of. I couldn't be happier with my progress. I'm so proud of you all and the excitement you've each created in your own lives. Bring on February!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:50 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations susanw53!

I know you bumped up your number of hours, and that's not easy when you have someone else to take care of. Good for you! And I'm glad to hear you're experiencing more progress!!!

Mayleesa! Good job! I'm curious how those pics and measurements come out for you. But don't be discouraged. I think the first ten, make you FEEL 10 years younger, then the next 10 or twenty really start to get down to the nitty gritty.