Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/?/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJade View Post
Question: Do you think it is alright to do 2 hours of Callanetics per day, like Evo in the morning and 10/10 at night or is that an overkill? Thanks
Remember what we said about being gentle???

I know it's tempting, I too have thought about it, and although I felt fully capable, I found out the following day(s), I was glad I didn't. But then I've also done 10/10 and followed it with another activity. All I'm saying is really listen to your body on this one, and be realistic, knowing what one hour of either does for you.
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by callangirl View Post
Hi Susanw53, I know what you mean - Callanetics is powerful; however, my body needs additional assistance. To keep my underarms from becoming similar to bat wings, I feel as though the time that I spend doing Joyce Vedralís weight-lifting program is valid.

In reference to rebounding, it helps to increase the G-force so your cells get a thorough cleansing and the immune system is enhanced. Callanetics provide muscular contraction and internal massage, but Iím not definite about the gravitational pull. Rebounding is shown to accomplish all three. Iím just trying to be on the safe side, since my mom and sister had issues with the swelling of their lymph nodes, unaware that they had cancer.

So far as the cardio, I like mixing it up on alternate days that Iím not doing Callanetics. Actually, the rebounder takes care of that area, too.

So far as the boobies, some people have sworn that through rebounding they have firmed them up, as well as other sagging areas of their body. I wear a sports bra before I start.

Overall, Callanetics compose the foundation of my exercise program; I would never abandon it!

By the way, Iíve done 1/10 so far this month.

PurpleJadeÖ

Happy & Healthy Pulsing, Everyone!
I've been looking at that mini trampoline lately as the weather gets worse. Even with the sports bra these puppies are incredibly active. Thanks for the insights. Maybe I'll set it up again. It couldn't hurt in my quest to squeeze these fat cells some more. We live in an old apartment building so I have to be careful about rebounding too hard or the whole building shakes!
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PurpleJade
Thanks for your responses Jigglebuster and Susanw53. I got caught up in the holidays last week and only did one Callanetics session so I was trying make up ground so to speak. I will take your advice though. Thanks again.
PurpleJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PurpleJade
Thanks for the welcome callangirl. :-)
PurpleJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bacon
Stats: 185/160/150
WOE: Moderate carb, Paleo-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
I particularly like his belief that "the intention of fascial fitness is to use specific training techniques... to create a silk-like bodysuit in 6 to 24 months which is not only strong but also allows for a smooth gliding joint mobility over wide angular ranges." Love the way that man talks. When I practice Callanetics I always keep in mind that I'm actively building my bodysuit.
Really interesting post about the fascial web! While I've never really heard about the fascia until reading the post, I'd love to dig a little deeper; fascinating stuff.

As someone who used to be pretty 'hardcore' about lifting and high intensity cardio, I originally couldn't wrap my mind around how an activity like Callanetics could be effective for slimming down. Thinking about creating a strong bodysuit through Callanetics that cinches your parts in more tightly vs "torching calories" through a high intensity exercise makes a lot of sense. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I learn something new about the biomechanics of the body!

I only recently noticed that my belly button sits a little off center, pulled a bit to the right side. Not sure if it's a weird alignment/posture issue or if this is just how my abdominal fat just feels like collecting. Would sticking to a Callanetics routine potentially help my stomach symmetry over time?

Finished 2 out of 8 hrs. Might go for 10 if I'm feeling bullish.
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Really interesting post about the fascial web! While I've never really heard about the fascia until reading the post, I'd love to dig a little deeper; fascinating stuff.

As someone who used to be pretty 'hardcore' about lifting and high intensity cardio, I originally couldn't wrap my mind around how an activity like Callanetics could be effective for slimming down. Thinking about creating a strong bodysuit through Callanetics that cinches your parts in more tightly vs "torching calories" through a high intensity exercise makes a lot of sense. I'm always pleasantly surprised when I learn something new about the biomechanics of the body!

I only recently noticed that my belly button sits a little off center, pulled a bit to the right side. Not sure if it's a weird alignment/posture issue or if this is just how my abdominal fat just feels like collecting. Would sticking to a Callanetics routine potentially help my stomach symmetry over time?

Finished 2 out of 8 hrs. Might go for 10 if I'm feeling bullish.
Stick with it. I'd be interested in seeing if your belly button symmetry adjusts.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

I had a nice hour of my alternative Callanetics, which means some moves from Super in place of the regular 10/10 ones, but using the 10/10 and a few Evo warm-ups and stretches. I'm seeing too, that although, they are similar exercises, they are working just slightly different muscles in the same area, or the same muscles differently, which explains the results I'm getting.

I have been continuing with the massaging of the bottom of my feet, only now instead of a ball, I dig in with my hands. This seems to have a better affect in helping with my flexibility than the ball does. So, poor me, I get to have a foot massage every time I do Callanetics.

I've also come to the conclusion that I'm happy with my body. It's now fit again and is functioning at a fairly high level again. I've achieved the majority my goals, and there really isn't anything to complain about, if I did, I'd just be nit picking. Even my "elephant knees" I gained from losing the inches have almost gone away completely. And this is mostly thanks to Callanetics.

They say, "there's always room for improvement", but if things stayed the way they are and didn't "improve", I'd be very happy.

So whatever you do, don't give up. It works, I promise.
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 184 hours (8/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Excellent Jigglebuster. How long do you figure it took you to get to this point?

I was out in this brutal cold longer than I had hoped today gathering food and meds to hunker down until it warms a bit. It took more out of me than I figured so I'm waiting until tomorrow morning for my next session. I think I'll go all out and do a leisurely session with my Zen garden videos.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan179
Stats: Weight 155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2013
Thank You Jigglebuster and Susan53

Susan53 I also noticed in one of Callan's books she had a picture of her hanging from a bar. You might be on the right track I will try it. I think it is as you say creates alignment in the body.

Thank you for the information Jigglebuster. Now I know why I am not going down as fast as expected. I think I will just stick with the Callanetics for the stomach and bottom and use slight weights for the upper body to pull create a little more muscle in my arms and back.
Susan179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

3/13 January

Another wonderful session of Callanetics on the books. I took my time today and feel so refreshed. It was so sweet to have the Zen garden video on in the background and get warmed up in this ridiculous cold snap we're surviving. Typically I turn the furnace down three degrees before I begin but that wasn't necessary at all today.

I had a blissful moment today in the middle of doing Evo angled leg work when I turned my head to check my rib alignment in the mirror as I lifted the leg to the back and was startled to see how slender my torso profile is becoming. This might be the year I get my body completely back. Jigglebuster has me super motivated again. I remember last April when out walking I had begun telling myself to "walk like you're 35 again". Usually the result was a couple minutes of good walking followed by uncomfortable knees from that point on. Today I can say honestly that I am moving and walking like I was 35 again and I don't ever think about it. In fact I believe I am walking with the best form of my life. The amazing thing to me is that it has only been 8 months so I am still just beginning. Life is sweet.

Now I'm going to devote my day to beginning the process of packing Christmas decorations away. That should keep me from feeling like I'm housebound by the cold.

Happy pulsing everyone.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
Hello everyone and Happy New Year 2014.
I'd like to join the challenge this month and set myself a modest goal of 12Hrs.

2 Hours completed for this month.

I've finally received my Evo DVD, but haven't viewed it yet.
It's been a hectic start to the new year for me, personal and work wise!
marlenelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

4/13 January

I got my 4th session in after claiming my space back from Christmas. It was such a relief to have enough room to spread out. Being cramped into half the space was only tolerable with the knowledge that it was temporary. Today there was no need to move any furniture out of the way.

Now that I have full access to the barre I can concentrate on mastering the Kneeling Hips and Behind movements. I've almost got down the technique of letting the hips and waist melt as I pulse to activate those deepest muscles. Up until recently I wasn't concerned about keeping the pelvic bones smartly aligned to the front like headlights or in keeping the knees on the same plane. Those two adjustments alone have made such a big difference in my technique that now when I do them I get a deep quiver that means I've isolated the proper area. I can still remember how difficult it was in the very beginning to even lift the foot and now I easily extend along the counter extensions and manage to work without pause and still keep breathing deep and strong. I absolutely love that sensation of control. Now I just need to work on strength to stay more upright.

Next week is a busy one and I may have to shift my regular schedule one day back to stay on track. That means another session tomorrow so maybe I'll make it a shorter one (maybe a 30 min. with a video of waves crashing on the beach; that's always a nice effective and relaxing soundtrack) and then do an extended intermediate to advanced transitional session on Sunday to make up for the shortened one tomorrow.

Off to town to pick up coffee beans. Happy pulsing all.

The position isolates and the pulse trains.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
I'm still here, just haven't received my dvds yet.....can't wait!!!I just injured my knee at work today so I am looking forward to maybe working out around it....we'll see!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

3rd session done for this month.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:28 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I had a Callanetics hour set aside yesterday, and just before the drain on my washer somehow flooded my neighbour down stairs, so then there was a bunch of drama. then I thought the plumber would come that day, and I could do it this morning, but guess what? They are here now, and there is no Callanetics time to be found for the rest of the day. And the creep checked out my body, which made me not want to think about my body at this point and time, besides putting on baggier clothes.

Tomorrow will be the only time I'll have, but I was hoping for that to be the second of the latter half of this week. What's a girl to do?
Old 01-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaceycrawford
I'd love to jump in and join this challenge if it's not too late. I started Callanetics last year and have practised on and off, though never consistently enough to really see the results I'd like. I'm desperately trying to find a way to tone up my sagging bee-hind without surgery. It's the only part of my body that doesn't respond to exercise of any description. I eat really well, train with a trainer once a week and do lots of kettlebells, pilates, yoga and body sculpting exercises specially for the backside (squats, lunges, leg press, dead lift, you name it). Nothing has worked I'm not sure if I should keep doing a combination of things and throw Callanetics into the mix, or stop everything else and just make a concerted effort to stick with my 10 in 10 DVD. Any thoughts? I remember feeling so excited when I first discovered Callanetics - it looked and sounded too good to be true.
kaceycrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceycrawford View Post
I'd love to jump in and join this challenge if it's not too late. I started Callanetics last year and have practised on and off, though never consistently enough to really see the results I'd like. I'm desperately trying to find a way to tone up my sagging bee-hind without surgery. It's the only part of my body that doesn't respond to exercise of any description. I eat really well, train with a trainer once a week and do lots of kettlebells, pilates, yoga and body sculpting exercises specially for the backside (squats, lunges, leg press, dead lift, you name it). Nothing has worked I'm not sure if I should keep doing a combination of things and throw Callanetics into the mix, or stop everything else and just make a concerted effort to stick with my 10 in 10 DVD. Any thoughts? I remember feeling so excited when I first discovered Callanetics - it looked and sounded too good to be true.
Kacey. It's never too late to start the challenge. Decide how many sessions you want to challenge yourself to and go for it. Flirting with Callanetics may feel good now and then but dedicating yourself to consistent practice of merely two to three sessions a week will bring you the results I believe you are looking for. If all those other activities bring you joy then by all means continue with them. If you choose them simply in the attempt to gain the sculpting effects then might I encourage you to set them aside for a month and try Callanetics instead. At the end of the month you can revisit and decide what works for you. I know from personal experience that Callanetics sculpts the behind in a way that no other approach comes close to, but everyone is individual.

We've been exploring a new approach to Callanetics that incorporates alignment and body mechanics into the system, bringing more dramatic results with less effort. 10/10 is an excellent jumping off point since it is the basis for all things Callanetics. If you can obtain a copy of Callanetics Evolution it would be a nice addition. It approaches Callanetics in a more organic direction (one of our posters once called it "3-D Callanetics) and better educates you to the idea of utilizing your body's counter extensions to create lengthening while you pulse which creates a healthy internal atmosphere that enhances the benefits. The instructor of that DVD has been a regular poster here for many years. It is her encouragement that has me training my body to work "relaxed and effortless", mastering the concepts of pulsing without any conscious contraction of muscles. My favorite saying of hers is "The position isolates and the pulse trains".

I'm sure you are aware that there are three years of previous posts here that contain a wealth of information for anyone willing to mine through them. There are also some really sweet video shorts on YouTube that showed up during this past December that demonstrate many of the movements in Callanetics. I wish these had been around 25 years ago when I first started. The variety might have kept me from being bored and walking away from Callanetics so many times. This Challenge thread has been instrumental in keeping me consistent for over 8 months now and my body is so thankful for that. May we have the same effect on your journey. Feel free to ask anything. We are here to encourage, motivate and educate.

Happy pulsing.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
I had a Callanetics hour set aside yesterday, and just before the drain on my washer somehow flooded my neighbour down stairs, so then there was a bunch of drama. then I thought the plumber would come that day, and I could do it this morning, but guess what? They are here now, and there is no Callanetics time to be found for the rest of the day. And the creep checked out my body, which made me not want to think about my body at this point and time, besides putting on baggier clothes.

Tomorrow will be the only time I'll have, but I was hoping for that to be the second of the latter half of this week. What's a girl to do?
So sorry to hear about the plumbing fiasco. I live on the third floor with my brother-in-law below us and we have the only washer in the building. I often worry about this very problem. We have an extension tube to drain into the kitchen sink so I don't worry about the drain but you reminded me that it's time to check those supply hoses. As for the creepy plumber, . Some people's kids, eh?

Hoping you get a sweet session in today. I'm hoping to finally get my daughter Rachel started again. She hasn't been the same since the kitchen fire and I'm trying to be gentle instead of nagging. Wish me luck, and if it doesn't go as I have planned that I can smile sweetly and wait patiently. It's difficult watching her body begin to collapse into itself again but what can a loving mom do?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

5/13 January

Feeling longer and leaner after my 5th session this month. My body responds best to every other day. I always skip Fridays, since it's my work day and after 5 hours of being on my feet and moving non-stop I can't even consider anything other than the lovely Feldenkrais Daily Stretch routine, which means I always have one two day break in the week when I feel slightly deprived. Having the Daily Stretches keeps me more leveled out than it was before I started doing them last fall.

I can discern an improvement in my ability to do the leg work in a wide pliť stance and up on my toes. I still get quivering intense enough that I'm forced to take multiple breaks to keep working in my peak position but I'm finally able to stay higher up on the toes as I work. I'm determined to master these. My body finds it challenging to stay completely upright while moving slowly and smoothly on the vertical plane. I noticed today a slight tendency to lean towards the hand resting on the barre, so I need to work on that. I was watching myself in the mirror this morning absolutely amazed that someone who was dragging herself through life this time last year could execute these demanding movements with such grace and fluidity. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

I'm in the midst of one of those stages where you are excited about deeper work and frustrated that the deeper work comes with the need for more breathers. Thankfully I've been here before and realize that it is indicative of big changes on the horizon. Good times.

Recently I've been paying more attention to lengthening the lower back before I curl the pelvis and while doing rotations I noticed how precise that curl has become and how much difference that makes in the control of the pelvic rotations. Where I used to curl until my pelvis lifted to the front I now begin by imagining my tailbones sinking down to the floor and then very carefully and precisely hook those pubic bones up, keeping the movement contained right in the pelvis. It takes much of the effort out of the rotations and yet makes the body work deeper. Love it!

On with the day. Time for a nice walk. Happy pulsing all.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:56 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

JUST GOT THEM in the MAIL!!! I will start my 10/10 tomorrow morning!!! So excited!!! Can anyone tell me how you log this hour into a tracker like @@@@@secret?? like when you pick exercise for calories burned, I know it's all variable based on how you work it but what kind of exercise would you call it, light aerobics perhaps?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
JUST GOT THEM in the MAIL!!! I will start my 10/10 tomorrow morning!!! So excited!!! Can anyone tell me how you log this hour into a tracker like @@@@@secret?? like when you pick exercise for calories burned, I know it's all variable based on how you work it but what kind of exercise would you call it, light aerobics perhaps?
The closest I was able to find was 232 calories an hour. I used that when I bothered to track it, realizing that it was probably more but no one really knows. Callanetics does so much more than burn calories and eventually I stopped tracking other than being accountable here.

Hope that helped. Congratulations! I will look for your excited post tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bacon
Stats: 185/160/150
WOE: Moderate carb, Paleo-ish
Finished hour 3 of 8 today.
Also down five lbs since the start of the month (a lot of that water weight from festivities), but am already feeling a little trimmer.
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hilaryd123
Hi all, I very much enjoy reading your comments as they are really helpful to me, have done evo this morning but still prefer super, going to do cardio and tone DVD tomorrow night after work, I can't fall off the wagon again as we have booked to go too cancun in sept so going to work hard (phew) boy! do I want that beach bod lol ... Have a good week all and keep pulsing and don't give up as we will all see the results soon x
hilaryd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

I did IT!!!!!! MY first ONE!!!! 10/10!!! I even took my before pictures and measurements! I found it a little difficult to watch her get into positions fast enough to get the most out of the count downs but I enjoyed it for the most part and can't wait to my next one! my arse burned on the floor ones with the leg straight out and I need to find a better way to support my neck on the ab ones. otherwise I think I got the hang of it and think this is something I can def stick with!!! Wooooohooooo
Old 01-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

I think the closest thing on my trackers is Yoga, of course this may be not as strenuous as some of the Yoga out there but at least that has stretching and toning and an hour on my site is 235 calories so what you said seems right!! I would also love to do this every other day! making me 10 hours at Feb 1!!! I find it a little hard to believe that a difference can be made in my appearance but all of you can NOT be wrong so I will give it my ALL and will post daily!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

Last edited by mayleesa; 01-12-2014 at 10:45 AM..
Old 01-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Just received my Evo DVD and watched it over the weekend. A lot of the exercises look different compared to the 10/10 and I can't wait to try it out this week!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:23 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
I did IT!!!!!! MY first ONE!!!! 10/10!!! I even took my before pictures and measurements! I found it a little difficult to watch her get into positions fast enough to get the most out of the count downs but I enjoyed it for the most part and can't wait to my next one! my arse burned on the floor ones with the leg straight out and I need to find a better way to support my neck on the ab ones. otherwise I think I got the hang of it and think this is something I can def stick with!!! Wooooohooooo
I knew you'd enjoy it Mayleesa. The stiffness in the neck is fairly common and typically is gone by your third session or so. You can rest your head in your hands as you pulse, being careful to keep your elbows relaxed to the side instead of wrapped around and to the front. My theory is that it is caused by evolving form. Most beginners tend to stiffen the neck and shoulders in an unconscious attempt to protect themselves from perceived harm. This also makes it difficult to keep breathing slowly and deeply while you pulse. There is also a tendency in the beginning to exaggerate the pulse, so focus on keeping the movement tiny and controlled, initiating from just under the rib cage.

Try curling up before you grab the thighs with your hands. Think of the abs doing all the work and let your head and shoulders simply float up as a single unit as you curl. Don't be concerned about how high you curl up - that will improve as you quickly grow stronger. After you curl up and your elbows are as high as you can get take a deep breath and allow your abs to sink down to the floor as you exhale. Now release one hand and allow your shoulder blades to slide down the back and out before you release the other hand. This stabilizes and switches on your core. Before you begin pulsing take a moment to extend right out of the crown and let your neck and head relax into the curl. You are striving for no tension in the neck and shoulders at all. The pulse is done entirely from the abs, starting below the ribcage. There's a counter extension from your scapula through your middle fingers, so let that extension occur as well. Your abs are relaxed. Your back is relaxed. Your arms and fingers are relaxed. Your ribs are relaxed and down. I used to advise students to keep their face, their fingers and their toes relaxed. That way everything in between would be relaxed as well. If you keep your lips lightly open and rest the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth your face will naturally stay relaxed. The more you can relax during these movements the less your neck will bother you. These powerful movements are demanding but sooooo worth learning to do well. Think light, curled, relaxed, relaxed, relaxed. Get the picture?

I can tell it's going to be a joy 'watching' you fall in love with Callanetics.

Happy pulsing.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryd123 View Post
Hi all, I very much enjoy reading your comments as they are really helpful to me, have done evo this morning but still prefer super, going to do cardio and tone DVD tomorrow night after work, I can't fall off the wagon again as we have booked to go too cancun in sept so going to work hard (phew) boy! do I want that beach bod lol ... Have a good week all and keep pulsing and don't give up as we will all see the results soon x
Stick with it hilaryd123 and I have no doubt you will have that beach bod you seek. For a little variety check out the YouTube video shorts of movements that were loaded during this past December. There's a really sweet one on arm tighteners that amped them up dramatically. Train yourself to completely relax the big muscles, focusing on those deepest skeletal muscles and you can accelerate the results. The key is in the relaxation. You can do it!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Yay! I'm so glad for you all! Beginning Callanetics can be a very exciting time.

I am unable to continue at this time, due to this insistent H1N1 flu that is attempting to invade my body. I'm able to keep it out of my lungs, but I certainly don't have the energy to even do the first warm-up exercise just yet. It won't be long. My refusal to allow this thing to really get me has been fairly successful so far....

To answer your Question susanw53, I think that final shift happened around the 92nd or 93rd hour. I just noticed a difference one day on the underside of my behind, when I casually glanced in the mirror while getting dressed, that was reflected in the rest of my body, mind and heart, and I felt a sudden level of satisfaction, like I 'got there'.

But keep in mind, that was with breaks and an auto-immune disorder that easily forces my body to go in reverse. The first great loss of inches happened over about 130 hours of Callanetics three years ago, and was maintained by my outdoor activities and common sense diet until I began again last March.

So, if I was an average body, without my health struggles and didn't take a breaks, I would be very curious whether the rate of loss and satisfaction would have come faster or not. That, though, I will never know.

Good to see you're continuing to see success. And maybe Rachael just needs a moment to open her eyes for herself, and then she'll be able to hear you and your encouragement and receive the love she needs.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Jigglebuster. She has put it off two days in a row now and I'm being patient and supportive.

Take care my friend. I had the flu last year and I feel your frustration. Rest and fluids.