LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Looking for DVD recommendations...

Now keep in mind we range in age from 50 to 65 and most are anywhere from 40 to 70 lb. over weight and not use to moving alot. This is for work... we work in an elementary school and plan to workout some right after school.... for 30 0r 40 minutes before the custodian kicks us out.

I guess we could use like maybe 5 lb. weights but nothing fancy since I am sure these ladies are not into putting alot of money in this idea in the beginning.

So.... any recommendations. Not the walking DVD's...... we can do that without a DVD.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Now keep in mind we range in age from 50 to 65 and most are anywhere from 40 to 70 lb. over weight and not use to moving alot. This is for work... we work in an elementary school and plan to workout some right after school.... for 30 0r 40 minutes before the custodian kicks us out.

I guess we could use like maybe 5 lb. weights but nothing fancy since I am sure these ladies are not into putting alot of money in this idea in the beginning.

So.... any recommendations. Not the walking DVD's...... we can do that without a DVD.

Thanks
Callanetics. The original DVD is called '10 years in 10 hours' and the second most important is 'Callanetics Evolution'. Both are indispensable if your intention is to build muscle fiber and squeeze out fat cells. Nothing works quite at the same level of results and done properly there is no impact and therefore no possibility for injury. Sculpting and alignment guaranteed. There are videos on YouTube that have been loaded during December 2013 that demonstrate many of the movements. I highly recommend this fitness system. No special equipment necessary. I dropped a whole size in December without any dietary restrictions.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big_Al
Stats: Maintaining at 185ish
WOE: VLC (<15g per day)
Start Date: April 2010
I really liked the original P90 DVDs ... NOT the P90X as that is extreme.

It is designed to take folks that are out of shape and gradually work them into shape. Basically it is two routines (cardio and strength) that are each on their own DVD. So you alternate back and forth.

There are actually 4 DVDs as each routine has a beginners version and advanced. And each version is broken down to entry and advanced. So starting off, it was beginners DVD and beginner versions of each routine. The instructor (Tony Horton) has two assistants showing the two modes and his dialog explains tips along the way.

Note that for the strength side of it, you will either need light weights or resistance bands.

And for the record, I was 53 when I started so it can be done by us "not so young" folks
Big_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
I think your group of people would enjoy Leslie Sansones "Walk it off in 30 days". You can see a small clip on collagevideo to get an idea on the DVD content. I started using it a month ago and was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was at toning up my arms and legs. The weights are optional for the walking segment to accommodate the different fitness levels of the walkers.
ValR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: soapluvr
Callanetics

I've done both callanetics and Leslie. Both are good. I don't think callanetics is cardio though. Just good muscle toning. I've never done any of the P90 workouts so can't vouch for that.
soapluvr is offline   Reply With Quote