LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Treadmill Recommendations?

I'm considering getting a treadmill and wondered if anyone has one they really love. I'd really like to not go over a thousand dollars unless you have an absolutely amazing one for not too much more than that... I'm looking for something really sturdy and/or a place to get one that has good customer service, should something go wrong with it. I have gone on several websites but I saw a lot of bogus reviews and don't think I believe much of anything that was said. However, the playground folks I believe! Thanks in advance!!
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 190 / 174 (-18)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
I went to Sears and tried the ones they had. Then, I went home and googled reviews for ones I liked. Sears has good customer service. Actually, they came back about 2 weeks later bc I wanted it moved to a different floor. No charge.
Nelle Belle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
My mom, sister and I bought ours at Sears. We have never had any issues with them. I would not hesitate to buy another one there. Mine is on carpet and they threw in a pad for under it. It is supposed to keep lint from getting on the belt. I highly recommend you get one if your treadmill is on carpet.

If your not in a hurry, I would wait until January they might have some good prices on them.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 12-05-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Okay, now that I am not in bed, my TM is a nordictrack A2350. I also got a shelf attachment from A that I use to hold my ipad. It's called surf shelf .

Last edited by Nelle Belle; 12-06-2013 at 03:51 AM..
Nelle Belle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:51 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ValR
Stats: 178/153/140
I've purchased exercise equipment from Sears and been very pleased with them. They will have great sales right after Christmas and around New Years when everybody is motivated to start an exercise routine.

Be sure you walk on the treadmill and try out a few different types because they may have different size walking belts. I prefer the walking deck to be longer otherwise I have a tendency to kick the plastic piece that houses the motor. Don't worry about being self conscious trying them out. It's a big investment and you want to love what you are purchasing.

Eat Less, Exercise more
Increase water consumption
Spend Less, Save More
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Take Classes for Business Degree

April Walking Goal: 76/90
Miles Walked in 2014: 274
ValR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
I also bought mine from Sears and it is going strong almost ten years later!
I believe it is also a Nordic Track. It was a little over 1000.00 but it is durable!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the info, everyone! Sounds like Nordic Track is a favorite... I wasn't leaning towards Sears because I always feel like I'm paying for service agreements I don't use (until I need them...lol). However, I do have to say, when I do have problems with things from Sears they are quick to respond and I've almost always had good service. I guess I'll start looking but hold off until the sales get good. Any other advice, please let me know! Thanks again!!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: batlou
Stats: 290/175/165
WOE: Atkins Low-Carb
Start Date: 3/06/2008
I don't want to hijack the thread but have you considered just joining a gym? For 1K you can easily cover the cost of a very good gym membership and they have all of the equipment you need right there and serviced regularly.

ETA: Precor and Sole both make very good treadmills.
batlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, batlou, I'd love to join a gym (and might for the strength training - we have a $10 a month basic place that would probably work for me), but I am looking for a treadmill for my whole family. My times to exercise can be somewhat limited (work, kids needing supervision, goofy hours sometimes...) and a treadmill here in the house would be really convenient. I also have three kids who could all use it - and might even enjoy it, which would be nice...they don't want to go on walks with me usually because our weather can be really hot and muggy most of the year and I honestly can't blame them. Also, we all go at a different pace and by the time I go with them and then go back out for me I run into the knee problem I talked about in the other thread! Still, I appreciate your thoughts.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Newpath
Stats: 155/155/125
WOE: Lo carb/ Good fat
Start Date: Dec 2013
Several here have mentioned Sears. I think I might have gotten mine from Sears online, a Proform, as well. I've had it for about nine years and wish it would quit so I could get a new one but it just keeps going. I got it in January when they go on sale for nearly half price and paid around $500 for it. Glad I tried them out first in the store or I might have gotten a shorter length. At 5'2" I still needed the long length, 55"? It's too heavy to put it up each time I use it so it takes up a good six feet of space. Someone mentioned a surfing attachment. I MUST look into that. I'd use my treadmill more if I had a desk top on it where I could use laptop or ipad.
Newpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Newpath
Stats: 155/155/125
WOE: Lo carb/ Good fat
Start Date: Dec 2013
Oh, I don't think anyone mentioned the speaker plugin option on a lot of models now. If you like to listen to your ipod, iphone or music, many come with a aux plugin. That's one of the reasons I wanted a new one - so I could get this feature and one that would work with a treadmill desk. They last forever so definitely try them out and do your research.
Newpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm looking forward to a good deal after Christmas! Thanks for all the suggestions!