LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rachel75
Stats: 271/266/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov 3 2013
Working out

Day 5 of LC eating and all the ukkies have dissipated but I'm having a hard time exercising (tiring easily) I don't want to disrupt my workout routine, I've got a lot of weigh to lose, I'm pretty motivated right now so I don't want to stop until my energy levels go up. Does anyone have a good idea for a snack before working out for a little extra boost.
Rachel75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelle765
Stats: 240.2/194.0/135
Start Date: 7/19/2013
I can't eat pre-workout

I find I have more energy if I don't eat within three hours of going to the gym. If you're feeling lethargic, it could be low sodium....have you tried a cup of bouillon or a pickle? If you're lifting weights, make sure you get plenty of sleep and protein.

Keep at it....it's worth it! I started back with heavy weight lifting on Labor Day and can really see my body changing. A side benefit of LC is it's way easier to put muscle on when you eat enough protein!
Michelle765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

more no oumph

Yeah I'm lifting and I've had to scale all my weights back I just CAN'T see to do it. I'm still in my first week thought (of the lc) someone recommended a spoonful or two of coconut oil??? ever tried that
Old 11-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel75 View Post
Yeah I'm lifting and I've had to scale all my weights back I just CAN'T see to do it. I'm still in my first week thought (of the lc) someone recommended a spoonful or two of coconut oil??? ever tried that
I am on day 3 of induction and taking one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water right before my workouts helps boost my energy. I take 3 tablespoons of coconut oil every morning and also oil pull so it could be the combination of it all together or just the apple cider vinegar but anytime during the day that I start to feel fatigued I just drink the acv and it does the trick.
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Keep after it!

You'll find you adjust pretty quickly and won't feel tired. I never tried coconut oil and can't imagine drinking vinegar. I do lift when I have energy, usually first thing on the weekends and drink a Powerade Zero instead of water. I didn't really start lifting heavy right when I went back to LC this time....it was about a month later.

One thing you might want to try.....carries. There's the waiter carry and the farmer's walk. Both are really easy to learn and will take your shoulders, forearms and grip strength to new heights! I'm up to using 40-lb dumbbells to start now. Just don't do them without gloves!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
I am on day 3 of induction and taking one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water right before my workouts helps boost my energy. I take 3 tablespoons of coconut oil every morning and also oil pull so it could be the combination of it all together or just the apple cider vinegar but anytime during the day that I start to feel fatigued I just drink the acv and it does the trick.
Where did you come up with the 3tbs of coconut oil everything I 've read says one or two. I've been using it for the past couple of days I find it's helping
Old 11-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Where did you come up with the 3tbs of coconut oil everything I 've read says one or two. I've been using it for the past couple of days I find it's helping
My bottle says to take 1 tb 1-4 times a day so I am taking 3. I am glad its helping.
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

How does it help?

Just curious.....
Old 11-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: domesticbliss
Stats: 221/193/a fit 160 @ 5'7''
WOE: Atkins/Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2012; Recommit Everyday
I use a supplement that helps with energy production/transportation, D-Ribose, it's great, a lot of people who have chronic fatigue swear by this and Acetyl-L Carnitine, I can get through a pretty good workout if I take the D-Ribose right before I leave for the gym, and after a few weeks of taking it the benefits are even better
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCdave
Stats: 400/195/195
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Jan. 2000
Quote:
Day 5 of LC eating and all the ukkies have dissipated but I'm having a hard time exercising (tiring easily) I don't want to disrupt my workout routine, I've got a lot of weigh to lose, I'm pretty motivated right now so I don't want to stop until my energy levels go up. Does anyone have a good idea for a snack before working out for a little extra boost.
I will have something light like some almonds, sunflower seeds or a protein drink.
LCdave is offline   Reply With Quote