Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Hey Benjamin, do you do the PM routine at the end of your day as well? I know you've been practicing for years (just curious, but how long has it been?) so you're maintaining. How often do you do a complete run of Callanetics?
I'm not as dedicated at doing the PM part in the evening. But when I do it I always sleep really well. But to make up for it I do various exercises in the office when nobody's looking!

I first started doing Callanetics in the early 90's. I have periods of not doing Callanetics for months and months and then I suddenly get addicted again. My body seems to remember the exercises and responds very quickly. It only takes me a couple of sessions to regain my perfect peach!

I became really close friends with Callan before her death. We would spend hours talking on the phone. She was the most fascinating person I've ever encountered in my entire life. I used to tell her about this forum and she was absolutely thrilled that people still loved her exercises. She never used a computer but I persuaded her to get an iPad so she could start interacting with people, but sadly she passed away before that happened. I was helping her to plan some new DVDs. I hope next year we'll be able to bring those plans to life.
planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Jigglebuster Bummer. I have the greatest respect for how you deal with this. Not that you have much choice, but I am thankful your reaction is to anticipate better outcomes in time. Hang in there. By the time I get around to perfecting splits you will be right there with me.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Ben you are one lucky man. I always feel that Callan would have been thrilled by this interest and I've made it one of my purposes in life to keep spreading the excitement about her amazing work.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wazo
Stats: 12/10/8 US Size
WOE: Clean eating
Count me in for the November challenge, for 20 hours.

Hi from France !
wazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazo View Post
Count me in for the November challenge, for 20 hours.

Hi from France !
Welcome back wazo. Have you been doing Callanetics all along or are you starting back after a break? Just curious. Regardless it's good to see you here again.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/144/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
So far, 3/12 sessions done this month...

Ben, that's wonderful about your relationship with Callan; I’m sure you'll treasure the memories forever.

to the newbies... Hope that everybody is doing great and getting closer to their monthly goal!
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cek2
Stats: 180/180/145
WOE: None
Start Date: November 2013
4 of 13 for 10/10 so far this month. It's amazing how the experience changes every time as you get stronger so fast. No cramping in my ribcage during the stomach exercises, so that was encouraging. Just like susanw53said above, I often have to bargain with myself to get a session in. I'll just do the neck warm-ups, I'll say. Then maybe some stretches. Pretty soon the whole thing is done. I frequently "trick" myself. Also, the tip about the position isolates and the pulse trains helped me so much today. I am really struggling to explain how. I think I am so worried that if the area I'm working isn't very tense then I am wasting my time. I really was able to focus on holding proper (for my ability) form and to trust that the pulses were working. It's pretty exciting. Thanks for the warm welcome, I am sincerely happy to be part of this group of Callanetics enthusiasts.
cek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cek2 View Post
4 of 13 for 10/10 so far this month. It's amazing how the experience changes every time as you get stronger so fast. No cramping in my ribcage during the stomach exercises, so that was encouraging. Just like susanw53said above, I often have to bargain with myself to get a session in. I'll just do the neck warm-ups, I'll say. Then maybe some stretches. Pretty soon the whole thing is done. I frequently "trick" myself. Also, the tip about the position isolates and the pulse trains helped me so much today. I am really struggling to explain how. I think I am so worried that if the area I'm working isn't very tense then I am wasting my time. I really was able to focus on holding proper (for my ability) form and to trust that the pulses were working. It's pretty exciting. Thanks for the warm welcome, I am sincerely happy to be part of this group of Callanetics enthusiasts.
I'm so excited to hear you applied that idea successfully. I woke up this morning to the chant inside my head of "The position isolates and the pulse trains. " We have been so conditioned to think of exercise as hard work that we strive to create more strain than necessary so we can 'feel' large muscles engaged when Callanetics asks us to focus on the smaller, skeletal muscles in our core which have a very different and subtle sensation when they are working. It seems so counter-intuitive when you start to apply it but the results are nothing short of amazing.

The big trick with Callanetics is consistency of practice. Be honest and admit to yourself that the weight and lack of fitness you started with didn't happen overnight so we can't expect a magic bullet to change it. It will take time and commitment but with Callanetics you can be assured that every session brings you consistently closer to your goals. I know that every day I'm a little thinner, just a little stronger and standing a bit taller than when I went to bed the night before. Stay with us. The excitement really starts between sessions 20 - 30 and never really stops.

Happy pulsing.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mandyw
WOE: low carb
Just finished 4 of 10 Have a great week-end everyone!
mandyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wazo
Stats: 12/10/8 US Size
WOE: Clean eating
Quote:
Welcome back wazo. Have you been doing Callanetics all along or are you starting back after a break? Just curious. Regardless it's good to see you here again.
Thank.
Yes i've been doing Calla for 2 or 3 years, i have to make a break, and i start again this month.

Sorry for my bad english.
wazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sunrise lady
Hi everyone - I joined a challenge here a few months back but then I caught a cold, and the lingering cough from that kept me out of action for ages!!!! I've not actually done any callanetics for about 6 weeks! I WILL return for sure - though I'm not sure if I'll be joining the challenge this month - a little busy with other stuff and then going away for about 10 days near the end... (I may still fit in a session or few, but I'm not committing myself to anything...)

But - but but... I wanted to share something kinda related - to all my fellow thunderthigh friends out there! I'm sure people here have talked about Katy Bowman's alignment stuff on these threads, even though I've not been around... - anyway, whenever I do callanetics my saddlebags start disappearing and thighs start firming and shaping... but whenever I stop it all goes away (of course!)... so - my thighs had been improving from my summer months of callanetics, and yes, I got sick, it got cooler, and so I was expecting to lose the gains I'd made... to my surprise, a few weeks ago I noticed that my saddlebags seemed pretty good... I was suspicious so I tried on a few things that are usually tight for me unless I've done lots of callanetics and wow, things were fitting! Why? Also, my hips and butt, though smaller than when not exercising, weren't quite as good as when doing callan... Anyway - I'm thinking - how could this be? My saddlebags and thigh shape is never good if I'm not doing callan!

Then it dawned on me - I've been walking in the park reasonably regularly - though nothing extravagant - and frequently not very fast, and with breaks and meanderings... - it's about 10 min walk there, it takes me about 15-30 mins to walk thru it (depending on if I take my time and stop here and there, or the route I take thru it, or if I decide to walk a bit extra), and then 10 mins back again. Not high cardio at all, normally that's not enough to tone me much, esp if I'm only doing it a few times a week...

But the difference is that since the summer I've been trying to actively walk (usually in vibram five fingers) with what Katy Bowman calls pelvic listing. I've been doing it mainly for alignment purposes, though I did also remember reading a post on her blog saying that if you had saddlebags you probably weren't pelvic listing when you walk, and that the adductors should naturally be working in tandem with the listing (ie - pulling in the inner thighs). I'm still not actually sure if I'm doing it correctly (I have other stuff out of alignment, so it may not be as smooth as it could be, lol!), but lo and behold, I might actually be a living testament that what she wrote is correct - that by changing my habitual movement patterns, changing the way I move (not just with callanetics), is actually working my legs/hips/thighs in a different way, and thus I seem to be toning up without working very hard! Basically whenever I'm moving/walking and aware of my movement for the last few months I've been trying to retrain myself to move with pelvic listing - so in the shops, anywhere (and also trying to keep my pelvis more vertically stacked above my ankles rather than in front of them).

So anyway, I wanted to share that all with you fellow 'thigh' people in case you're interested! If you go to Katy's 'Katy Says' blog (on her alignedandwell site) and search for 'pelvic list' or pelvic listing, you'll find some posts, and on one she has a little video of her demoing it. I wish she'd have one with more explanation of the walking process - (she might have actually, I just haven't gotten around to searching for that yet..!). While I don't agree with all of her philosophies, she certainly does have some great info out there.

I'm still thrilled - if my thighs are toning without doing much at all I can't wait to see how they'll be looking once I resume callanetics (or after extra long walks!). One thing I would find - from callanetics my legs would pull in quick, but being over 50 I wind up with a bit of elephant skin, of course we know this gradually tightens, but the older you are the longer it takes... I don't seem to have this from the toning that's happening at the moment, so that's great too! I'm hoping this means that there'll be less elephant skin when doing callanetics if my thighs are already more pulled in/toned anyway....

Well, have a great month if I don't get back up here...!

Hi Ben - thanks for sharing about your friendship with Callan!!!

Susan - as usual so much great stuff in your posts... I usually don't have a lot of time to keep reading the threads, so I'll just pick up bits and pieces occasionally!

See y'all again!
sunrise lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Sunrise Lady, I am a big fan of Katy and encourage people to seek out her alignment advice. It's nice to know we have another fan here. The blog you reference here is called "Saddlebags" and it's well worth looking up. She has an excellent couple on breathing ("Under Pressure 1&2") that changed the way I breathe, to great benefit. The girl is a genius, pure and simple.

Pelvic listing is one of the benefits you get from the Evolution Standing Leg Angled movements. I hadn't tried Evo until this year and I am constantly impressed with how strong the lateral hip muscles have become in a short amount of time. I'm lucky enough to live within walking distance of the grocery stores in our town and I usually buy only what I need for up to two days to make it easy to carry, so I get lots of walking in, by design. Another thing I've discovered recently is that you can easily intensify your power in the walk by focusing on pushing off with your big toe. It always feels like I shifted into high gear without requiring much additional energy. Give it a try. You may be surprised to find how much faster it feels.

I'm glad you've mended. The Challenge misses you. Have a wonderful trip, get lots of laughing and rest and we'll look for you next month.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazo View Post
Thank.
Yes i've been doing Calla for 2 or 3 years, i have to make a break, and i start again this month.

Sorry for my bad english.
Language is meant to communicate. I had no problem understanding you. Your English is just fine.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Nov. #3, #69 Total

I spent most of yesterday reading through Challenge posts from the past three years, just kind of jumping around here and there. So much valuable information available it feels like a treasure hunt. I don't just do Callanetics I study it (I know, I know, you are all so surprised. ) by watching videos when I'm not working with them, by mining these threads, by reading my 10/10 book regularly and by checking with Mr. Google every now and then to see what's new in Callanetics. It helps me to be better informed when you guys ask me something I can't answer from my own experience but it's really because I'm driven to learn.

By the time I went to bed last night I was really ready to get into my session today. It did not let me down. I so enjoy the mindfulness of 'listening' for the inner sensations of my body changing shape. I find it so soothing and peaceful. As I sit and look into the mirror for minutes during a break I always recall Callan writing about how she always enjoyed having older students in her class because they were so gentle with themselves and how she never worried when one would spend 10 minutes looking in the mirror before getting back to the movements.

It's so nice to have this dedicated Callanetics space. I mounted four inexpensive door mirrors to the wall using Command Velcro Picture hanging strips (no damage to the wall and easily relocated if need be) and it's interesting how much I've changed in the past six months. I look like a different person. I'm looking forward to sharing photos of the space with you when it's all done. We've decided that for my 60th birthday next month we will purchase and install a floor mounted ballet barre. The PVC experiment was a bust. Fortunately none of it was glued together so I can return the fixtures and uncut sections to Lowe's and put the money towards my present. Until then I can use it for standing movements and continue to use the kitchen sink for Heel and Arch on the Barre movements. Life is one big science experiment anyway.

I was contemplating as I pulsed how much information we process while doing Callanetics. I read a blog by a trainer recently about exercise prompts. He mentioned that the brain can only process 6 bits of information simultaneously and when you deduct for distractions in your exercise space and other considerations, in his opinion that meant you shouldn't realistically expect to remember more than 2 prompts per exercise. My first thought was "He's never tried Callanetics!" It can seem intimidating and somewhat overwhelming in the beginning but our brains are quite capable of internalizing it quickly and smoothly executing each movement with fluidly as the prompts flow from the memory. It's one of the reasons I watch videos over and over. You all know the experience of hearing something you somehow missed after using it for months or even years. The human brain is a wonderful thing.

Jigglebuster, those Scoops were much better today. As I broke halfway through I groaned "Jigglebuster, what have you done to me?" They were smooth and I almost have that pull from the tailbone to the heels down. Next time.

Keep up the good work everyone. The Holidays are right around the corner. People will be commenting on how much you've changed. Enjoy it.

Happy pulsing.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13

My body's temper tantrum is over! Yesterday, just 24 hours after my tailbone decided to pop out, I was able to do an extremely gentle session of 10/10 sans the hip/behind exercises, although I replaced them with the first few 20 minute Daily Stretch stretches of the tailbone . I went slow, and in some instances did not do all the repetitions, listening to my body in every moment, every breath. My legs were bent with the stomach exercises, my pelvic rotations were not as large, and by the end of it, I felt like I was back 80%. The final necessary crack of my tailbone going into place happened during the lower back stretch.

However, as the hours passed, and I sat to work, I realised my back was only at 65%, as I had a bit of trouble standing upright again. Last night I was woken by cramps in the middle of my buttocks and down the left hamstring, and yet I woke actually feeling like I'm at 80%, so all is / will be good!

What I realised yesterday was, my body has probably never been this aligned in it's life (slippery bones aside)! I mean I have a history of bones popping out, and started going to a chiropractor when I was 6 because of it (probably why I'm able to stay so positive susan; I'm just used to it), it's just never happened within sucha short time of each other. But I have never gone this far with Callanetics. I've done this many hours, but my knowledge and understanding from my history with it, has catapulted me to a level never found before, in a very short time. In the past I would get to a point where my legs were finally straight and I was just ready to look at Super adaptations, but then got distracted.

So, here I am doing many of the Super versions, and my body is f-reaking! A few weeks ago it was my right femur and collarbone, a couple days ago it's my tailbone and the collarbones have threatened. And all I can think is, "All the more reason to keep going!" I know that when I get through these temper tantrums, those muscles, tendons, and ligaments, will only get stronger and will adapt if I head forth. And I'm excited by the prospect!

So despite this seeming like a setback, it really only served to set back my social life more than anything else.

sunrise lady, it's interesting, but I found myself naturally doing that as my Callanetics developed. The full extension into the ground, stretching of the lower abs, the crown pulling me upright, with every step, feeling the contraction of the glutes, and the maintaining of that pelvic muscles engaged. I remember that happening 20 years ago, when I first did Callanetics, and noticed I didn't feel that way when I walked anymore when I softened up a few years ago. So, when it came back, I was like, "Okay, I'm back!"

susanw53, Congrats on the mirrors! It sounds as though your Callanetics space is really coming along!Sorry your pvc bar didn't work out for you. I was thinking the dump could be a good place to find an old stairwell railing to turn into a bar, but then saw you were planning on getting a premade one. As for those pelvic scoops, keep on a goin'! One day, they will seem easy peasy and you'll have to turn up the volume once again.

Wazo, back! Bienvenue encore!!!! It's amazing how we all keep coming back. You know what they say.... Once you've gone Callanetics....

cek2! Stick with us and you'll be flying in no time!

Ben, You spoken of your relationship with Callan in the past. I can only imagine the different perspective you must have with Callanetics, in knowing the personality and perspective of the very woman who created it. I too have thought of trying AM/PM, and have ended up splitting up 10/10/Super in a way that just made sense, and that has worked well for me.
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 185 hours (1/? this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 11-10-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan179
Stats: Weight 155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2013
back on track! 3/12 for this month.
Susan179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/144/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
4/12 and counting...

cek2 & Susan179! Yes, you'll found a group of people that’s passionate about Callanetics; you'll get great advice here.

Keep on pulsing...

Last edited by callangirl; 11-10-2013 at 08:18 PM..
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

I'm trying, rather unsuccessfully, to get motivated today, although I may have earned a day off. Rachel had a small kitchen fire Saturday (emphasis on small; no injury or property damage) and we spent all day Sunday scrubbing the fire retardant from her kitchen and washing all her bedding and clothing. Still have curtains to wash. She was very blessed in that there was no smoke damage, only smell, and that was confined to the kitchen and bedroom. We did get a good cardio walk in this morning carrying home a new queen-sized memory foam mattress topper from Target since the old one smelt of grease. Quite frankly I'm exhausted and there's still a bit of cleaning to do. I think I'll be satisfied with my Daily Stretches and rest today. It's Veterans Day here in the USA so I can say it's holiday time. Maybe I'll even treat myself to an afternoon nap. 😊

My winter clothes are all too big now.

Susan you're three sessions in and I know you can begin to feel the magic. Isn't it exciting?

Happy pulsing all.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
Hi ladies, I'm back after a short hiatus due to flu. Have done my 1st session of the month.

sunrise lady, that's a very interesting post. I'm exploring Katy Bowman's blog right now....aah, whatever helps with thunder thighs.
marlenelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: aruba2
well dangnabit
I had gum surgery today & was told I couldn't exercise for a week.

aruba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruba2 View Post
well dangnabit
I had gum surgery today & was told I couldn't exercise for a week.

Hang in there aruba2. Take the time to heal so your body can safely get back to Callanetics. You will be surprised at how easily it adapts after the break. Often it feels like the muscles took time to think about it and work deeper than where you were before the break. Give yourself the gift of watching some Callanetics videos while recuperating. It will keep your brain engaged and you will probably learn something you may have missed before.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

The truth about fat cells

I woke up this morning in the process of a mind shift about fat loss. We think about 'losing' fat, which is an incorrect ideology and I believe confuses the mind. The reality is that the fat cells are storage tanks that can expand in number with obesity but never disappear. The cells expand in size to store more energy sources for the body, so what we are really doing is increasing the energy demands which 'empties' the cells of excess content and shrinks them in size. That may seem to some to be merely semantics but it is a relevant difference in the way the mind perceives the situation and it's the brain that runs the show. If you are expecting to 'lose' fat you are asking your body to do something impossible (barring the use of liposuction). Consider the difference in expecting your practice of Callanetics to increase your energy consumption which will trigger the fat cells to release their cargo and become leaner. Add to that thought the idea that the increased blood flow to the muscles through consistent Callanetics practice allows that fat storage you release to more easily flow to the muscles needing the fuel so the mitochondria can burn it up and you begin to understand how Callanetics can sculpt your body without dieting. Eating good food in moderation and balance is not dieting, which is why my approach has been to eliminate trash food with empty calories and enforce portion control. The key to weight loss is to increase the caloric deficit through exercise and the healthiest way I know to do that is slowly and consistently. I can't be bothered with counting calories and tracking energy output. My life is too demanding for that. One of my goals during this Callanetics experiment is to prove that moderate eating combined with consistent Callanetics practice will drastically change body shape and composition. I determined at the beginning that it would probably take around two years to get to my goal weight, which is OK with me. I'm not going anywhere and Dale is already OK with the way I look now.

I'm coming up on 60 and these are basic concepts that I have never taken the time to consider fully until now. I suppose mostly because I was complacent about my size until it began to effect the quality of my life, or possibly because I just didn't want to be responsible for it because it would mean I needed to take action and that meant work I wasn't prepared to do at the time. The beauty of using Callanetics is that I can't harm myself getting to my goal. It helps that I absolutely love the practice of these wonderful controlled pulses. Meditation in movement.

I'm looking forward to doing a session this morning. It's been a busy and demanding stretch since my last session.

"The position isolates and the pulse trains. "
Old 11-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 9th September 2014
Hi everyone
I have done my 3rd session today (hoping to do 8-10 this month). I had one of those sessions where you need to take breathers when you least expect it. I had done the first set of Evolution Hip and Behind OK but the second set of exercise especially with the leg straight out in front defeated me completely today, . and I was following Judy with the beginners exercises! No matter - will carry on tomorrow.
aruba2 I hope your surgery went well and take care of yourself. I too have some surgery scheduled for the New Year
Susan - take it easy as you are doing a workout with all the cleaning you are doing. Your daughter is very lucky to have such a wonderful Mum and I hope she gets straightened out soon.

I have missed a few posts so I am going to go back and read more of the thread.
Take care and happy pulsing everyone.
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
Hi ladies, I'm back after a short hiatus due to flu. Have done my 1st session of the month.

sunrise lady, that's a very interesting post. I'm exploring Katy Bowman's blog right now....aah, whatever helps with thunder thighs.
So glad to hear you're feeling better.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So glad to hear you're feeling better.
Thanks
Old 11-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Done 2nd hour of the month.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Session #4 done
Old 11-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan179
Stats: Weight 155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2013
4/12 Enjoying the stretching even more. I am finding I am able to do the stomach exercises better.

Yes Susan53 I am beginning to see a little change. I just moved my bra strap over a notch! Whoo Hoo!
Susan179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abrandnewu
Hi All, I had a bit of a pause after starting well early in the month. I have completed another 2 hours in the past few days, taking my total for the month to 4 hours. I'm at a total of 16 all up. I'm not sure if I'll hit my 20 hour goal for the month, unless I practice daily. Let's see...
Thank you for the reference to Katy Bowman's website, I for one, distinctly remember my mother teaching me how to walk, saying that it is important to walk in a straight line, like on a tightrope, especially as a woman...this may indeed be the reason for these saddlebags! I am looking forward to learning more about alignment from her! Happy pulsing all.
abrandnewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abrandnewu
And following my previous post I got motivated and did another hour. Thank goodness for this forum as it really does motivate me to keep going. This time it was 1 hour of evolution.

Jigglebuster I can really relate to things popping out everywhere. Now at 17 hours all up, I can definitely feel things shifting all over the place, after yesterday's session I had a sore back, today it felt strange though the pain was gone, and now during today's session something kind of popped (gently) during the ab exercises and it felt as though a rib that had been clicking in and out has finally found it's place...well here's hoping. I am doing everything gently, but it's simply my body realigning.

What I love about Callanetics is that I truly feel I am doing wonders for my body, and being as misaligned as I am, I wonder what kind of damage I would be doing with high impact exercise if I had not found callanetics.

So today was hour 5, with 15 to go...for a pledged total of 20 - ambitious, so we will see. 17 hours in total. :-)
abrandnewu is offline   Reply With Quote