Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/152.8/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
starchine5!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
I'd be interested in knowing how long you think it took both times to get your body straight on this movement. Just curious. Now you have me curious about the food. I'll spend some time this evening with Mr. Google. Today we're building a standing computer/iPad station. I'm passing up Callanetics until tomorrow to make this dream come true.
A guestimation would be about 60 hours in 2009, and 25-30 hours this time. The difference... I had stayed active between the time I stopped in 2010 and this past March when I picked Callanetics up again, and I knew how to change over, and I understood the technique more and what to expect. I didn't have to learn to be gentle with myself this time.

And my immediate thought to your new station was that you could do Callanetics with it! But then you already have that bar. I must have Callanetics on the brain!

I'm going to try the side stretch this afternoon and let you know how it goes. I guess since it hasn't been an easy one for me, I never got to thinking about my counterpulls / meridians with it. We shall see...!
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 109 hours (6/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 11-04-2013 at 07:11 AM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/156/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
2/12 done for this month...

I don't post as often as I would like to because of work and school, however; every chance I get, I do read the threads here for great advice.

Glad you could join us starchine5!

Good Luck Pulsing, Everybody!
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/199/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Nov. #1, #67 Total

I got my standing computer station done yesterday. It's nothing fancy at this point. We used on-hand materials since I need to find out how I feel about working standing up before I commit resources into something nicer. One of the things we discovered immediately upon completing it is that the floor in front of the closet where the center is set has a 2" variance in level from one side to the other. It means that when you stand there your right leg is between 1- 2" lower than your left. Now we have the additional challenge of finding a workable means of creating a level surface to stand at my new station. I'm using the same cautious approach to my Callanetics corner and the same challenge of unleveled flooring makes the PVC barre definitely not stable enough, although I have found that I want a barre, so today I started researching the cost of a floor mounted system.

I want to reinforce here the fact that one of the beautiful things about Callanetics is that you can do the entire program without investing one penny into equipment or setting aside any designated space. It is an incredibly adaptable system that allows you to substitute whatever you have on hand without sacrificing results. For over 25 years I did just that. Having said that, I am in the enviable position of being able to create a Callanetics space in the corner of my living room (I have a very accommodating husband ) and I also desire a sturdy floor-mounted barre. I have also recently acquired a yoga strap to use during floor hamstring stretches and a yoga block to use while doing the waving abs movement in Advanced 10/10 and Evo. My adductor muscles always gave me trouble with this movement and it was advised I use something between the knees to keep the pelvic floor activated for greater stability and to give the adductor something to focus on as I waved. I was using a folded towel between the knees, which worked, so I wasn't sure the block would make much difference. Surprisingly it was quite noticeable in how my legs relaxed better and I found it easier to stay stretched through the crown of the head with the block. That $12 investment paid off. Someday in the future I will figure out how to have a hanging bar mounted in this tiny space so I can start hanging. Facing a door does not work for me and I haven't tried doing it since 1988.

I made it all the way through plié/pelvic rotations without having to stop today. I had to pause before them though to rest enough to get through them.

It was a good 42 minutes plus. Counting the preceding Daily Stretches made it about 90 minutes. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated. You all have a great day. Happy pulsing.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callagirl View Post
2/12 done for this month...

I don't post as often as I would like to because of work and school, however; every chance I get, I do read the threads here for great advice.

Glad you could join us starchine5!

Good Luck Pulsing, Everybody!
And we're always glad to hear from you callagirl.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan179
Stats: Weight 155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2013
Second

I just finished my second 10/10.
Susan179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abrandnewu
2 of 20 completed for the month. This time it was 10/10. That's a total of 14 sessions all up and feeling stronger every day.

Happy pulsing peaches.
abrandnewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Okay, so I tried doing the side stretch by stretching through the crown more, and I felt it more in my interstitial tissue (muscles between ribs), rather through the skin, so it's definitely deeper. It was also easier to maintain my breath and to keep the bent side from scrunching. All in all.... Good stuff!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cek2
Stats: 180/180/145
WOE: None
Start Date: November 2013
Hi, I'm new here.

Hi ladies! I want to join this month's challenge. I will try for 13. I've done 2 hrs of 10/10 this month. I just started last Wednesday, so I'm only on my 3rd hour. I got the book back in 1987 and the VHS around 2000, and I just received 10/10 and AM/PM on DVD recently. I have NEVER in the almost 30 years of interest in Callanetics done more than 4-6 hours before dropping it. I really want to commit this time because I know it works. And I really NEED to feel better about my body right now. I have a question about form on the stomach exercises. This did not used to happen to me, but now when I am doing the stomach exercises I get a terrible cramp either right under my sternum or under one side of my ribcage. I have to quit and stays cramped for a pretty long time. For the rest of the day, the slightest wrong movement will cause that area to cramp again. Has anyone else had this problem? Will it eventually quit as I get stronger or is my form horribly wrong? I'm so excited to be part of this group, thank you in advance for your input. -Crystal
cek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cek2 View Post
Hi ladies! I want to join this month's challenge. I will try for 13. I've done 2 hrs of 10/10 this month. I just started last Wednesday, so I'm only on my 3rd hour. I got the book back in 1987 and the VHS around 2000, and I just received 10/10 and AM/PM on DVD recently. I have NEVER in the almost 30 years of interest in Callanetics done more than 4-6 hours before dropping it. I really want to commit this time because I know it works. And I really NEED to feel better about my body right now. I have a question about form on the stomach exercises. This did not used to happen to me, but now when I am doing the stomach exercises I get a terrible cramp either right under my sternum or under one side of my ribcage. I have to quit and stays cramped for a pretty long time. For the rest of the day, the slightest wrong movement will cause that area to cramp again. Has anyone else had this problem? Will it eventually quit as I get stronger or is my form horribly wrong? I'm so excited to be part of this group, thank you in advance for your input. -Crystal
Crystal. I've been thinking about your question. It sounds like you are asking your abs to do more than they can at this point. I had the same type of problem lately with a muscle group in my right upper back that would cramp while doing the standing Behind and Hips. I finally soothed mine by being extra focused on letting my torso relax more, consciously keeping my arms tension free, checking that my core was staying stretched along my counter extensions (particularly through the crown of the head) and by keeping my breathing smooth and controlled. In other words I took the time to refine my technique and control, taking breaks as I needed them, (and I needed a lot of breaks at first) before I worked for stamina and endurance.

You may be able to relieve the problem by being a bit more gentle with yourself. My instinct is to recommend you break the abdominal exercises into small blocks and be cautious about how high you're curling up. You want to create a sense of "softening and lengthening" through the torso to help keep your breathing deep and smooth. If it helps you can put a small pillow or ball under the lower back to help you stay curled up without strain. Remember to stay extended out through the crown of your head the entire time. Take as many breaks as you need. The good news is that your body will strengthen quickly and before you know it you will have forgotten all about this beginning discomfort.

I hope this helps. Hopefully we can keep you excited about a long-term commitment to Callanetics. Happy pulsing.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
Hi ladies. Count me in for the November challenge. Did 14Hrs last month, but I'm going for a modest 8Hrs this month. My family and I have been sick with flu this week. Must be a really bad virus as I haven't been this sick since 2007.

Hopefully I can start with a sesion this week. Still feeling weakened...
marlenelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
Hi ladies. Count me in for the November challenge. Did 14Hrs last month, but I'm going for a modest 8Hrs this month. My family and I have been sick with flu this week. Must be a really bad virus as I haven't been this sick since 2007.

Hopefully I can start with a sesion this week. Still feeling weakened...
I had the flu last year marlenelet. It was the sickest I had been since 1972 when I last had flu. Be really gentle about coming back. Do smaller sessions if necessary or just get into position and hold. Your body will adjust as you heal completely. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cek2
Stats: 180/180/145
WOE: None
Thank you Susan! I was hoping you would give me some tips. I have been reading your posts for some time before I had the motivation to begin. I love your descriptions of form and focus. You should teach Callanetics! I wish you were way out here. I would definitely take your class. I will try the pillow under my low back today. I do feel that maybe I am curling up too far for my ability right now, but in my head (I have poured over her book and videos for so long I can do the program without them) I can hear Callan saying, "Round! Round! Round up!" Lol. I'm just trying to comply.
cek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cek2 View Post
Thank you Susan! I was hoping you would give me some tips. I have been reading your posts for some time before I had the motivation to begin. I love your descriptions of form and focus. You should teach Callanetics! I wish you were way out here. I would definitely take your class. I will try the pillow under my low back today. I do feel that maybe I am curling up too far for my ability right now, but in my head (I have poured over her book and videos for so long I can do the program without them) I can hear Callan saying, "Round! Round! Round up!" Lol. I'm just trying to comply.
I'm glad I could help, and thank you for the compliment. I have guided some local Callanetics groups in the past and I'm considering certification, but only from the educational viewpoint at this time. I have no desire to enter the entrepreneurial world of studio ownership at this point in my life but I do have a fierce drive to learn more about Callanetics and then find ways to pass that freely on to other enthusiasts. This forum has been a productive outlet for that creative streak and I thank you all for endulging me. More than anything else I need to demonstrate the ability to stick with it long term. That's another tremendous benefit of this thread. Stick around. The fun is just starting. It really starts to get interesting somewhere between 20 and 30 sessions.

Happy pulsing
Old 11-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

hip pain

Susan53,
Maybe you can help me out. I've been doing pelvic rotations and am getting pain in my hips. Is that normal? Will it dissipate after a while? I've been reading the past posts and they are helpful. I wonder if I am starting with too many. I am doing 10 on each side and 10 scoops. Do you thing that is ok for the first month. Everything else seems to be doing fine. Just the hips.

Susan
Old 11-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Could you please describe the pain and location a little more please Susan179? Knowing exactly what you're experiencing could completely change the answer given.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan179 View Post
Susan53,
Maybe you can help me out. I've been doing pelvic rotations and am getting pain in my hips. Is that normal? Will it dissipate after a while? I've been reading the past posts and they are helpful. I wonder if I am starting with too many. I am doing 10 on each side and 10 scoops. Do you thing that is ok for the first month. Everything else seems to be doing fine. Just the hips.

Susan
You first need to determine what you are perceiving as pain. Pain from injury? Stop and consult your doctor. Pain caused by being in the wrong position or moving improperly? Come out slowly and think about how to avoid that. Discomfort felt as our muscles change shape? Refinement of technique will usually overcome this. Listen to your body and see if you can determine at what point it starts to hurt. Is it possible you could benefit from keeping the circle you are drawing with your pelvis a bit constrained for a time as your muscles adapt? When you feel stronger begin to push it out a bit further. Allow yourself the time to get good and comfortable with the movements and you will find it much easier to challenge yourself later.

With the Pelvic Rotations I can't emphasize enough how important to stay stretched up through the counter extension through the crown of your head. It's so easy to let yourself settle as you rotate.

Pacing is a personal thing. I tend to take more breaks than others might as I stop to recover my poise and think it all through, but I have always done all the repetitions called for. Other times I push myself to keep up with a good video. As long as you can stay in position and pulse with control while breathing freely and smoothly the pace that works for you is the one to choose. All videos and DVDs have a pause button. You're working for the control that allows you to do Callanetics relaxed and effortless.

I hope this was helpful. Happy pulsing.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

hips aches

I have aches in both hips, not a sharp pain but when I stand I feel it. It goes from the front hip bone area to the side but not in back hip maybe a little in my lower back but that is normal for my back. I wonder since i really don't use these muscles if I just over did it. They may not be ready to stretch as much as I want them to. I was trying to do them like the girl in supercallanetics. It might be a good idea if I lay off and do just the scoops until my back strengthens. I might of been doing them wrong. I have the red book Callanetic Countdown, so I am going to go back to the basics and for hips(only) and just do the basics until I am stretched out enough.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Okay, it sounds as though you might be tight in very similar areas as I am, and it sounds as though you have the technique down, but on a level where you might want to be, and well above where your body is capable. In other words, you're pushing too hard.

My recommendation is to go slower, and much more gentle. Don't worry about the rhythm the tape is going at. I'm glad to read you're going back to the basics, but just go ultra slow and feel the stretch in the movement, not too much, gentle. If you go too far, your breath will be affected, pull back. It shouldn't feel like a full on stretch like your bar stretches, just a touch of a stretch, enough to know there's a stretch, but not so much it takes your focus away from the rest of what's going on. I'm hoping that in going slow and gentle you will recognise when you're pushing too hard.

If you haven't already started, I would also recommend beginning trying to do the splits. Again ultra gentle. Just that slight stretch will allow you to get lower in no time. What I like about doing the splits, or at least attempting them, is it has strengthened the muscles where you described, on top of increasing my flexibility.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 11-06-2013 at 07:22 PM..
Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

And susanw53, Congrat's on your major accomplishment in being able to do all your plié/pelvic rotations without stopping!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
thanks susan. I think I'll try for a mini session today.
marlenelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mandyw
WOE: low carb
Just getting ready to do my 3rd hour of first week. I agree with the above poster, susanw53 you could be an instructor! Just the info you gave me on the pelvic rotations and scoops made a HUGE difference. I was able to do them!(with a rest of course)lol. Hi to everyone!
mandyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

One very intense session, which brings me to 3 so far for this month.

I think, maybe(?), my legs are further apart on the floor stretches, and the side floors stretches are much more deep. It's the forward ones with the legs apart that I don't think have changed much. Also my "splits have gone from 2.5 feet above ground to 1.5 feet above in only a few weeks, and have made a world of difference for me. The realignment I'm experiencing is astounding, and I can really notice it when I walk don the street.

I've started doing my ins and outs right after the stomach exercises. Given the progression Callan designed for both muscles and energy centres it just fits in perfectly. I can do 15 in a row now without my body freaking out. My legs are a tiny bit straighter too!

At this point I have no idea how much I weigh or measure, I might even measure a tiny bit larger, but the definition that's happening is astounding, and so is how good and strong I feel in my body!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/154.2/145 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Hi everyone...haven't been doing as many hours as i would of liked..i'm up to only 2 hr this month...

to all newbies

Susan,..keep it up with your explaination of this routine...you're very good at what you do..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 16th April 2013
Hi everyone
I've done 2 sessions so far this week and I'm easing into it, (despite the temptation to be gung-ho), after my back strain a few weeks ago. I will do my third session tomorrow hopefully and see how it goes. Incidentally, I've been using a cushion under the middle of my back for the stomach exercises as well Crystal, and it has helped me to keep my back more relaxed. Is the cushion supposed to be a temporary measure until your abs are stronger? I only ask as now I'm tempted to always use the cushion - it felt so gooood!
BTW the posts are fantastic this month.
Happy pulsing
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Nov. #2, #68 Total

This has been a busy week with three doctor appointments scheduled for all the wrong times of the day. Sometimes you just have to roll with it. I find I'm less tolerant when they interfere with my regular Callanetics sessions. I had to force myself to start and abs felt like I would never get done, but I persisted and before I knew it I was doing the last cat stretch and wondering where that 2 hours had gone. There's usually a moment during the Daily Stretches preceding the regular routine where I find myself really in tune with my body and realize that the reason is because I do Callanetics. I'm always intrigued at how well they compliment each other. That moment of awareness is where I start getting excited about the upcoming Callanetics and I usually ride that feeling right into the main course. Today wasn't one of those days. I can't be the only one who bargains with herself as I begin. "I'll get warm ups done and then decide." "Just a few abs to get loosened up." "Might as well do an extra level of legs." Little bits of encouragement to keep moving until the pleasure centers take over and it becomes more dance than work. I'm always working for gracefulness.

Jigglebuster I feel like I've been pretending to do Scoops all these years. By starting with a strong "dive" stretch and keeping the integrity of that stretch as the tailbone then stretches for the heels is intense. A couple more times and I may get it right, but today it was so amazing I laughed after the first set of 5. Thanks for the compliment on the dastardly plié/pelvic rotations. I did them again today without stopping. Doing them and doing them with solid form are two different things so it will take a while. Great flexibility going on there. You have me ready to start splits. I need to pull up your post about it and study.

Susan179, I suspect you may be right about the hips. It's fairly common to overdo it at first. We have to remind ourselves to be gentle and listen to our bodies. In my more than 25 year relationship with Callanetics I found that each return brought with it new concerns, but I had never taken a break of longer than two years up until 10 years ago when life got incredibly complicated and I stopped for a decade. This time back my body did not hesitate at all to tell me how unhappy it was with my lack of fitness. I dealt with a number of issues that I'd not encountered before as my body worked back to proper alignment. I'm not there yet but I'm much closer than I was 6 months ago. I still have to remind myself that at 59 I require a bit more time and that's OK. Callanetics is restorative movement. It's designed to be a life-long journey.

mommy gates you got 2 session in. Two is the baseline on which this program is developed. Anything more than two a week is icing on the cake. Life can be crowded much of the time, particularly if children are involved. I can still recall having to convince myself it was worth it to make the time for Callanetics. I should have listened to myself more. It was. I'm smarter now.

Thank you all for the encouragement. It means a lot to me to have earned your respect. I learn so much from all of you.

Happy pulsing all.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Thank You!

Thanks Ladies, Staying motivated!
Old 11-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Relaxed and effortless

I've been practicing Callanetics for over 25 years. For some reason when I returned this time I started with Evolution which made me think about the concept of working "relaxed and effortless" more than previously. Recently I asked an instructor about explaining this concept and how I thought that the best way was to demonstrate it consistently in my own routine and share the results as indisputable. Her response has haunted me for a week now. I wanted to share it with you all and get you thinking too.

"It is the most challenging principle. All it really means is that you're not actively contracting a muscle or muscle group. The position isolates and the pulse trains. You don't have to add effort and additional energy to keep muscles actively contracted. You're right. It takes time and practice and it's generally the last 'eureka' moment of most Callanetics students. Their workouts and bodies will never be the same once you 'get it'. "

So there's the principle: The position isolates and the pulse trains. She once made my mind explode by saying something along the lines of " You will know you are on to it when you relax the muscle you are working on. " This recent clarification helped me put my brain back together and wrap itself around the concept. Give it some consideration and share your thoughts with us. Let's see if we can figure this out together.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: planetbenjamin
I haven't been posting on here for a while but I hope you're all doing well this month. I've been setting my alarm 30 minutes earlier each day so I can get up and do AM Callanetics. It was a struggle to begin with but now it's easy to jump out of bed and do it. It's giving me so much more energy throughout the day. For anyone who's struggling to find time, try getting up 30 minutes earlier in the morning and doing the AM class. I'm loving it!
planetbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbenjamin View Post
I haven't been posting on here for a while but I hope you're all doing well this month. I've been setting my alarm 30 minutes earlier each day so I can get up and do AM Callanetics. It was a struggle to begin with but now it's easy to jump out of bed and do it. It's giving me so much more energy throughout the day. For anyone who's struggling to find time, try getting up 30 minutes earlier in the morning and doing the AM class. I'm loving it!
Hey Benjamin, do you do the PM routine at the end of your day as well? I know you've been practicing for years (just curious, but how long has it been?) so you're maintaining. How often do you do a complete run of Callanetics?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

And so, at 7:30 this morning I went to climb on my bed to reach for something on the other side, and that's when it happened.... A muscle on the left side of my tail bone went BOING . I'm thinking this is just another freakout, and my bones slightly popped out of place back there instead of the front Or I simply pulled a muscle, but given my history, it's a strange location.

At first I couldn't walk, but now I can but have to remain in a very upright position, not make ant sudden turns, and not walk too fast. So far there have already been some positive cracking going on down there, but the natural curve of my lower back is not possible at this point. I can sit, but wiggling my hips back is not possible.

It's like all the realignments I've been talking about attaining has totally gone out the window. However, I am staying positive. I know, from experience, it's just a matter of days before everything will be right back to normal again.

In any case, I'll keep doing some mmild stretches and practice standing/walking throughout the day, so the muscles don't get stiff while I work in this chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Jigglebuster I feel like I've been pretending to do Scoops all these years. By starting with a strong "dive" stretch and keeping the integrity of that stretch as the tailbone then stretches for the heels is intense. A couple more times and I may get it right, but today it was so amazing I laughed after the first set of 5. Thanks for the compliment on the dastardly plié/pelvic rotations. I did them again today without stopping. Doing them and doing them with solid form are two different things so it will take a while. Great flexibility going on there. You have me ready to start splits. I need to pull up your post about it and study.
I know what you mean about pretending. I felt that way too when I finally heard the stretch part. And "the integrity of the stretch" is right. And to do it without overdoing it.... Not easy, eh? It's the one exercise that makes me sweat because of the stretch. But as qwerty mentioned, it will only serve to strengthen those muscles. I hadn't thought of it that way, as my focus was on the stretch and how good it felt, but now that I think about it, it really has strengthened it all.

Yeah, see if you can get those splits going. Given what I've read here, I would suspect you would have an easier time of it than I do.

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 11-08-2013 at 08:33 AM..