Old 10-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Rebounding challenge Autumn/Winter 2013

Hi all!

I thought I'd set up an exercise challenge for us rebounders here!

I think we should make it a challenge for everyone: set your personal goals and come and tell us about it here!

Happy bouncing!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

So I guess I'll go first, LOL!

A bit of background:
I am struggling with major back problems, and have now been told I need extensive rehabilitative therapy to live a pain free life... Very annoying!

This is where my rebounder comes in: I own a Bellicon medium sized rebounder and they are always promoting its rehabilitative back strengthening properties, so I thought, why not get back to bouncing and get stronger, happier and healthier at the same time? My physiotherapist is all for it too!

So I'm starting off with daily bouncing, actually doing a rehabilitative swing bounce every day for 10 minutes in the morning after getting up, and 15 minutes in the evening when I get home from work after walking the dog.

I just decided to jump into this challenge, so this morning no rebounding, but I'll get my BF to bring the thing up from the basement and set it up so I can start this evening.

Happy bouncing!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

UK/European LCF Hangout: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-1-2014-a.html
Old 10-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
Hi Mimosa, I'd like to join you!
I have cheaper rebounder, that I bought mostly for my 2 year old, but for me to use too. I drool over the Bellicons - one day hopefully!
I've read about how good rebounding is for lymph, and I had a lymph node removed a couple of years ago for a biopsy. I do get a little bit of swelling because of it, so I hope rebounding will help with that.
Not sure what to make for a goal, maybe I'll start small and just say bounce 5 mins. a day for a week, and evaluate from there.
It's kind of hard to get to do it b/c my son wants to be on it while I jump, so I either have to wake up before him and do it, which is just hard, or do it after he goes to bed, at which point I don't really feel like exercising! Well I guess I could give him a snack or something in his high chair and maybe he won't pitch a fit
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Alex!!!!

Great that you're joining in, now we can motivate eachother!

I managed to do 10 minutes yesterday evening, and then I started noticing the strain on my back, so I decided that that was enough.

This morning I managed another 10 minutes. So far so good...

I'm off for the next two days on business, so I won't check in till Thursday.
Wishing you lots of success, hopefully your 2 year old will be patient, LOL!

Let me know if and when you see results regarding your lymph issue!

xx Mims

Happy bouncing!

Old 11-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mimosa, how are you doing? I haven't been able to really get started on my rebounding yet...how silly is that, with only 5 mins a day as a goal?! I'm going to make it happen though! I found some youtube videos that are pretty short that I might bounce along to. Cheers!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Alex!

All is well here, I was away on business and then the weekend got in the way, LOL!
Did manage to do some rebounding, but like I said, my back is problematic, so no vigorous jumping yet... If you google Qi Bounding and Bellicon on youtube, there's tons of great exercises as well, all for free.

I look forward to when I can start them again. With my weightloss at a standstill due to all this inflammation in my back, I can certainly use every bit of exercise...

Hope today you manage some, if not, there's always tomorrow!

Happy bouncing!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Alex, how are you doing today?

All ok here, my physiotherapy has been nothing short of miraculous so far!
Managed to get 20 minutes of rebounding done so I'm feeling good.

I'm definitely noticing that I'm sleeping better and I seem to get really happy from all that bouncing, feelsi like I'm a kid again, LOL!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

... I think I'm back on my own with this, LOL!

My back is really doing so much better, it's amazing! My physiotherapist really does work magic! From next week I'll add a little HIIT (stair runs) to the mix... And I'll start bouncing a little higher too...

I'm still on track with the daily 20 minutes in the evening, but the 10 minutes in the morning have been replaced with stretching exercises that have been prescribed by the physio for now.

Happy Bouncing! (in case anyone wants to join, do jump in!)
Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2scottie
Stats: 264/193/120
WOE: Eatin like a Cavegurl & lovin the results!!
Start Date: March 2012
I'd love to join this little group. I bounced for a very short while several months ago & lost an amazing amount of inches in a very short time. Gained it back thanks to life getting in the way with moving to a new home & trying to prepare to old one to sell, but things are calming down & I find myself eager to hop back on the old rebounder & jump up & down for a bit! Especially if I see such fast results as I did the last time!
mom2scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Mom!!! Welcome and great to have you join in! I will post more tomorrow, just wanted to say hi!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Haha on me, still haven't got on the rebounder...my left ankle started swelling up and hurting, my achilles tendon hurt, though I'm not sure why...I have 2 screws in this ankle from when I got run over by an SUV in 2011 (long story, broken ankle was the least of my problems!) so I don't know what's up - but it feels better today, and no swelling, so maybe I'll try to get on today!
Mimosa I've seen some of those QiBounding videos, maybe I'll try one out today :-)
Old 11-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
Bike Tart

Gallery: mamagiff
WOE: general low carb
I'm going to start back with my rebounder today so when I saw this I knew I had to join in!

Over the last few years I've had some problems with side effects from meds and now I think we finally have found the med that works without side effects. So now I need to work back up to my former fitness level and I think rebounding will be a perfect start for me.

I told DH to bring it up from the basement and set it (temporarily) in the kitchen so I can get started. It will go back to the basement once my son gets all the way moved out and I have room to set up my workout area again! DH will be bringing it up later today.

We gladly feast on those who would subdue us! - Addams Family Creed

My Facebook
mamagiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Hello Mimosa!
I'm hoping to start rebounding sometime this weekend. I must dig it out of the garage first! That itself should be quite the workout! lol
Old 11-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all! Still here, just really busy this weekend. I will post more on Monday!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CopperTop
Stats: 178/131.2/130
WOE: Moderate carb/protein/fat
Start Date: January 15, 2006
My rebounder finally arrived late Thursday afternoon. Got it all put together and set up in my living room because I know if it's tucked away where I don't see it during the day, I won't use it like I should. I have a small townhouse so it does take up quite a bit of room. I got the stabilizer bar as well so it really isn't going to be easy to move around. I tried bouncing a little without the bar but, I felt like I could do more if I had it for balance. I don't really hold onto it but just rest my hand on it. It seems to help me stay centered on the mat so I don't get too close to the edge.

I only did 10 min. on Thursday and 15 min. yesterday but I think it's going to be perfect for me, especially going into the winter months. I'm aiming for at least 30 min. a day no less than 5 days a week.

Quit smoking Jan. 10, 2007
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Alex, mom2scottie, mamagiff and CopperTop!

Well, the weekend was lovely, I walked miles and miles, and in turn my back seized up. Very annoying. Thankfully my physiotherapist managed to unlock me this morning, LOL!

Because of this, I did rebound on Saturday, but not on Sunday, my back was just too painful.

Hopefully I'll feel as good tonight as I do right now and I'll get my 20 minutes done.

Wishing you all a great start to the week and happy jumping!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
Bike Tart

Finally got my rebounder in place and today I started with 5 minutes....have to be careful for now because I have some muscle/ligament issues and if I overdue too fast I will have more problems. Easier to start really little and work my way up!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Definitely don't overdo it in the beginning, Linda!

My physio told me only to do what I felt comfortable doing and to stop when I felt any notion of discomfort or pain.

So far, my bouncing has been fine, so I'm still doing ok! I even managed 10 minutes this morning, but that was only because I had a late appointment and didn't have to rush to the office, LOL!

Yesterday evening I managed 17 minutes, and will try and get 20 minutes in this evening. I have discovered that our commercial breaks are 7 minutes long, so I hop on three times during evening telly watching, and my 20 minutes are done, very convenient! And because I have a bungee type rebounder it's silent and so even BF can watch tv undisturbed whilst I jump.

Have a good day and happy jumping!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

So - I FINALLY managed a few minutes - just a few, I didn't even count, but it's better than nothing! Hopefully I can improve on that tomorrow. I'm glad this thread is here, keeps it in the front of my mind!
Old 11-14-2013, 01:49 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Well done, Alex!

I managed 12 minutes yesterday evening, I was uncomfortable going any longer. My physio really manhandled me yesterday and I'm still sore this morning. I didn't get on the rebounder this morning, was running late and had to get my car to the garage for a service. This evening I'll aim for at least 15 minutes, depending how my soreness is.

I am really noticing how my mood is uplifted after rebounding and how energetic I feel afterwards!

Have a good day and happy jumping!
Old 11-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Been jumping everyday for 15 minutes. I would still like to get it up to 30 even if it's in two or even three sessions. I think it will take that to get it to equal the 10,000 steps a day that I strive for when walking.

I found an added bonus. If I do squats on the rebounder, holding the bar, it doesn't hurt my knees.

I'm really hoping that this will help me get through the winter months without gaining weight. I've gained and lost the same 25-30 lbs. so many times I've lost count.

Have a great day, everyone
Old 11-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: atcgirl42
I read the other rebounder thread yesterday and bought a rebounder online! I hope to be joining you all this week, but I only plan on starting with 5 minutes a day. I was looking for something to help move the lymph fluid in my body, but after reading and watching videos, I think this will be great for my whole body.
atcgirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #23
Bike Tart

I've been super busy and haven't had much time to rebound yet....was on a little bit yesterday and hope to do more tonight.

I don't have a good schedule because I'm helping care for my Mom who is in hospice care but am hoping to get at least a little time for now on it.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Alex, how are you doing? Are you managing to get some time on your rebounder?

mom2scottie, did you dig your rebounder out? How is it going and what is your schedule?

mamagiff, sending good thoughts for your mother. You must be having a tough time right now

CopperTop, your schedule sounds fab, I can't manage 30 mins, although I'm hoping to get there soon! Those squats sound good, I will have to try that!

atcgirl42, and I think even with 5 minutes daily, you will see benefits!

I am sorry I was MIA, just really busy, and I've not been posting here at all.

Rebounding is going well, but I've changed my schedule to 20 minutes in the evening only. With all the stretching and core exercises I have to do in the morning for my back which take 30 minutes in total, I don't want to do another 20 minutes on top of that rebounding. I just like my sleep too much, LOL!

So 20 minutes in the evening are doable and enjoyable for me.

Hope everyone is doing well and happy bouncing!

Old 11-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Mimosa, I have jumped a few times but still not consistently - but that's better than nuthin'! I really just need to make a point to do it at the same time everyday, and stick with it. If I leave to to "when I have time" it just doesn't seem to happen! But I love rebounding, and I REALLY need the exercise, so I am going to do it! What kind of stretches are you doing?

atcgirl42, I am just doing 5-10 minutes right now, its a good place to start

mamagiff, my mom was in hospice and I was so thankful for her to have pain relief. Sending you hugs and prayers, it is hard to go through, make sure to take care of you, too.

Coppertop and mom2scottie, happy jumping!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:05 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!
Mimosa-I hope your back continues to improve. Twenty minutes on the rebounder is great.
To be honest, I still haven't reached my goal of 30 min. a day. The longest I've gone is 15 in one session. I have done 24 min. but divided into two 12 min. sessions.

alex-I understand about finding a set time to exercise every day. I'm retired so time shouldn't be an issue. I've always been a morning person and I find that once I leave the house, I have trouble exercising when I get back home.

atcgrl-Has your rebounder come yet?

mom2scottie-Is yours out of the garage and ready to go?

mamagiff-I'm a lurker from way back so I know you've been caring for your Mom for a long time. I hope you can find some time for yourself

Have a good day!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:25 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Hey everyone! Sorry I've disappeared for a bit. I've been fighting a horrid case of the flu & have felt like crap lately. The good news is my rebounder is out of the garage & ready just as soon as I beat this nasty virus.
Good luck to all of you that have started! Looking forward to joining you soon!
Old 11-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend.
Here we had the first snow of the season, thankfully it didn't stay put. I really am not ready yet for snow!

I'm still doing my evening rebounding, and I'm not sure if it is because of the rebounding or from a combination of rebounding, diet and physiotherapy, but I'm losing inches!!!!

Any results for any of you yet?
I'm going to have to measure and keep an eye on things now...

Happy bouncing!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:46 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone!

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Here in Germany there is no Thanksgiving, so I had my daily routine. I am noticing improvements in my back, so am going to try and up my jumping time to 20 full minutes daily.

Hope you are all very well, I am off this weekend, so I'll check back in on Monday.

Have a good weekend and happy bouncing!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #30
Bike Tart

Sorry I've been missing....had houseguests for a week and am also working on Christmas decorating.

Thank you all for the kind comments about Mom and hospice care....it's a challenge but we have a good team in place and at least we can keep her at home! She is stable for now although unable to do anything for herself and doesn't really know us.

I had to move my rebounder to the basement while my son and family were here....I don't think I'll have more guests any time soon so I will ask DH to bring it up and put it in the guest bedroom where I can use it but it's out of the way.

I've been sitting on the big ball and bouncing while I watch TV to help loosen up sore muscles....it helps!