Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > The Exercise Board
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #181
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abrandnewu
Thank you Susan for your encouragement and letting me know it's not all in my mind. I can't wait to see what I will look like after 40 hours! Being a pear shape, feeling the results of Callanetics in my trouble spots so quickly is actually quite a miracle!

Today will be my 4th hour of 10/10 as I'm not that sore from yesterday. I was so tired yesterday that I thought I wouldn't do another session but I just let myself ease into it and told myself that it was okay to be tired and still do the exercises.

Callanetics seems to be one of the few workouts that one can "ease" into in this way. It's super hard and a miraculous workout, but what I mean is I didn't gear myself up like I would have to for a higher impact workout and at the same time, as I pulled myself off the floor after the inner thigh squeeze I felt lengthened and tighter (with shaky legs alas!) but without that head-spin kind of exhausted feeling that other workouts produce.

I know Callanetics is for all, but I find it is a very feminine workout in that way. I get to still be a woman without having to plough through some ridiculous stomping routine to get amazing results.

Happy pulsing all.
abrandnewu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
No, it's not all in your mind, abrandnewu, especially since you've already done this before and your muscles have "muscle memory". That in combination with Callanetics normal results, would allow your progress to shoot up quite quickly.

And, yes, I agree. If I didn't feel I could do Callanetics at all the differing levels this body of mine would allow, I probably would have let it fall by the way side when I wasn't so strong. But this program is about what we can do in that moment, and if I didn't learn, from Callan, to give myself permission to do just that, I'm sure I'd have so many moments I'd be immobile, my body would never have gotten stronger.

Susan, what are "evil abs"?

---------------------------------------------

I'm about to do one more hour today. I went for a skate yesterday and ended up going for 26kms. When a hill came, my mind went into pulsing mode. I totally blame Callanetics for my increase in endurance. I haven't gone for a skate since July, and even then, 7-12km was a challenge.
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 185 hours (1/? this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 09-28-2013 at 08:04 AM..
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/144/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
Hey everybody! Welcome to the newbies... I've done 11/12 sessions slated for this month. To me, callanetics seems to be mentally therapeutic as well as additive. You gotta love the quick results that you get…

Susan, your posts are wonderful; thanks for taking the time to be so thorough with your assistance.

Getting revved up for October’s Callanetics Challenge…

Keep on Pulsing!
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #184
odo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Another session this morning
odo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
#12 Sept. #56 total

Before I started today I was reading Feldenkrais's "Awareness Through Movement" and his statement about excess tension in the muscles shortening the spine (and ultimately the entire body). While I worked I was hyper-aware of finding ways to let the fascia relax enough to get 'longer'. The concept of the counter extensions works right along with this idea.

I was also contemplating his comment that the strongest muscles are attached to the pelvis. Suddenly I was more aware of releasing tension at attachments on the pelvis, most particularly during the crossover when I'm attempting to get that release in the lower back as I relax into the contractions involved in getting that torso twist executed properly. I'm trying hard not to push too soon but instead to allow my body to relax a bit further... a bit further...

While pulsing #1 Behind and Hips without support I found myself asking "Just what am I working for as I do Callanetics?" (I get very introspective while working. ) When positioning I'm aiming for smooth movements and the maximum stretch without discomfort. Then I ask myself if I want to intensify and if the answer is "yes " then I adjust. Moving into the pulse I'm focused on controlled beginning and fluid pulsing. My breathing should adapt easily to the exertion and I should feel the effort, but not with strain. I'm striving for a calmness that rises out of the strength I can feel as my muscles do their work. When I begin to quake or shake or lose position stability I relax out and rest while I evaluate and adjust before returning to the pulse. So I'm always looking for ways to be calm, controlled, fluid, graceful and taller.

While stretching I find myself trying to 'learn' from the stretch. Learn where the tension is holding me back. Learn ways to release that tension. Learn to feel the body release and relax. Learn to be at peace. It's almost an ethereal thing for me.

Add to all that the calming atmosphere of the Zen Garden videos playing in the background and yeah, it was a nice session.

Jigglebuster, I warn you, these are addictive. I learned of these browsing Sandra's page and recently saw a video that enticed me beyond resistance.
EVIL ABS
Do abdominal movements as usual. As you get down to the last 10-20 pulses grab the legs again and curl up as in the beginning. When you release stay curled and bring your elbows to the front (mine end up over my breasts) letting your forearms relax and find a natural position palms down, fingers relaxed. Now you are curled up, head and neck relaxed, elbows aimed towards your legs, forearms relaxed and drippy relaxed fingers curled in front of your face. Now pulse your remaining count through your elbows. If you have a foot on the floor in the one leg up, this is the time to lift it off the floor. You are going to love it. I've only done them for two sessions and I actually get excited knowing they're coming up!

Working on balance has proven beneficial. In three sessions I've gone from struggling with keeping my ribs from thrusting during the back position in Evolution's Standing Leg Angles to being stable and smooth using no support at all. Amazing!! I agree with Jigglebuster and give Callanetics the credit for the improvements.

Keep up all that happy pulsing!
susanw53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: juliakgoolia
8 sessions done 2 more to go !
Definitely feel a difference in my body in just 2 weeks and I think it's gotten a bit more toned
Happy pulsing ladies
juliakgoolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #187
odo
Senior LCF Member

Another session this morning

Susan - I have noticed that with the cross over, I have the tension actually across my shoulder blades ?? I am working on relaxing this area, but I am sure once it is fully relaxed, I will feel tension in another area which I didn't realise it in. It is amazing and a wonderful experience
Old 09-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
Haven't done any sessions over the weekend, but I plan to go for one today to reach my target of 12Hrs this month.

Anyhow, I started some form of cardio and was surprised that I could walk/job for > 30min without shortness of breath. I've been practicing Callanetics for 2 months and I think this is the fittest I've been in my entire adult life! Years ago, I went to the gym daily and worked on the treadmill/elliptical machine....and after 2 months, I still couldn't keep up at the treadmill. That was why I gave up exercising. Callanetics gives results fast and maintenance is easy because I can easily do this at home. I can understand why people can get addicted!
marlenelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 9th September 2014
Hi everyone

That's great news Marlenelet -other exercise programs/equipment just don't compare to Callanetics.

I did my 12th session on Friday and have done my 13th session today so I'm really pleased I've achieved this months goal.

Looking forward to next month
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/144/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
12th session, met my quota for this month... Let's all get ready for October!
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Well, it looks like 10.5 this month. Not bad considering the blurp my body decided to go on.

I think the whole focussing on moving my energy and having the body naturally follow has not only worked, but has benefitted in my not having any major cataplectic attacks. It's been keeping my energy / chi where it needs to be, and I love how Callanetics facilitates this!

You've all done so well, and persevered, all the while being gentle and nice to yourselves. Good for you!!!

See you next month!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #192
odo
Senior LCF Member

Final session done this morning for this month, managed to hit my monthly target, and I didn't think I would do it because I had fallen so far behind (5 sessions in 6 days).

Now for October.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
My description of the pelvic rotations/plié sequence lacked one of the three stages going down. Just like the pelvic waves at the beginning of Legs you have an upper stage, a middle stage 1" lower and a bottom stage an inch below that. These are done rotating to the right coming down then starting at the third layer rotate to the left coming up. Wicked.
susanw53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
Completed 12th hour of 10/10 for this month, total 23Hrs.
Target achieved for this month.
marlenelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sunrise lady
Argh! I got waylaid with a bad cold, which left me at 6 for this month.... I hope to have some time to catch up on reading the rest of the thread, but life tends to get in the way.... ok, see y'all in the Oct thread!
sunrise lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tofutofu
Hello everyone - just checking in with my September results. I did 13 hours. No changes in the major inch points (waist, hips, etc) but everything does feel less flabby. Mind you, this is with terrible eating (good quality, bad quantity), so I think results would be better if I got that under control.

Congratulations to everyone who pulsed through September, and special thanks to Susan for all her wisdom!
tofutofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:21 AM   #197
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BlueFig
Callanetics and Squats

So, 3 months ago I tried to do Callanetics and the 30 day squat challenge. I quit after about 2 weeks because I did not see results and because I felt my thighs (BIGGEST problem area) got bulkier. Needless to say I was discouraged and had given up.

For about a month, I've been watching the Brazil Butt Lift commercial and thought I would give it a try. I was soooooo out of shape, I could barely do the BumBum Rapido (short intense version) and I am still struggling.

I have been doing it for 2 weeks now, and here's what I learned:

The reason why I saw no results before and my thighs got bulkier with squats was because I was not doing them correctly and was not dieting at the time.

Thighs bulk with squats if you do not have the calories deficit. In other words you have to calculate your resting calories need, and eat about 500-700 calories less than that. A deficit of 7000 calories per week equals 2 kg of weight loss per week. If you do that in addition to exercising and the squats, then your thighs slim down and firm up, rather than bulk.

Now, even though in the past 2 weeks I only do a bit of the Bum Bum Rapido along with some of the Basic workouts 25 minutes a day. I have noticed results. I could see my derriere going higher and filling my jeans better, and that my body and especially my lower body is changing.

So, I am encouraged and will try to update with results.

I just thought I would share
BlueFig is offline   Reply With Quote