Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
Glad to hear you're enjoying your routine so much Susan!

The weather is changing, which, for means, my body will not function as well, or at times, at all, so I might not quite make my goal. Today's session was difficult again. Many of my muscles are paralyzed. I've been working on trying to move the energy instead of my physical body, and it's helping; this way I don't need to feel the muscles engaging to feel like they are movable, and since I can't feel them at all, well, let's just say it's working, although very, very slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartzy View Post
Easing back into exercise. Kept getting headaches weight lifting so have to stay away from it until I go see a Neurologist. Just completed AM Callanetics on my lunch hour here at home. Going to stick to Callanetics, Yoga and Pilates for a while. Maybe that'll help me to be more consistent with Callanetics!
The first thing that came to mind was your breath. I know many people who get headaches whilst weight lifting simply because they are either holding their breath of hyperventilating or both; they'll breathe fine during yoga or other similar movements because the breath is part of the focus, but with weight lifting some forget about the awareness of their breath. I'm not saying I have all the answers for you, but while you're waiting on those neuro appointment and test results, check on your breath.
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
Starting all over with 197 hours (2/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 9th September 2014
Hi everyone
Just checking in quickly to say I have done my 8th yesterday and 9th session today
Will catch up on the thread this weekend.
Happy pulsing!
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Session #9 (Sept) #53 (Total)

Saturdays I usually get really into how my body feels as I move, which always translates into a long, slow session with lots of extras thrown in. It felt like my body had done one of those advances where everything worked better than before. The more I learn to relax the deeper the focus, the stronger the muscle action and more controlled the pulsing. Wow! I love sessions like this! I do have to tell you that when I take a long, objective look in the mirror it isn't objective at all because to my own eyes nothing is really changing. Thankfully I just laugh it off and remind myself that the changes are inevitable and are not at all tied to my ability to recognize them occurring.

I've practiced a lot of different movements and variations over the past 4 months (it's only been 4 months!) and today I did a kind of Freestyle Callanetics. Keeping in mind the natural progression of 10/10 (Warm-Ups to Abs to Legs etc, etc), being attentive to structuring from basic to advanced, and focusing on smooth transitions I hit each sequence and decided on the movement on the fly, allowing myself the freedom to change the movement for another equivalent one in the middle of the count. It was almost like playing a game and I found it invigorating to have to slip smoothly into a position I had just decided to do. My brain was on extra alert with no hard plan in place. I'll try that again next time. I could see how I could grow to prefer this approach.

Steady as she goes everyone. Jigglebuster, every time I do stretches I send positive energy your way. You've survived this challenge before. I believe thinking it through when your body feels like it is impossible to execute probably has a mechanical benefit we don't realize.

Happy pulsing all.
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone
Just been reading the thread back a few pages and although it is a rest day for me today, I still feel inspired by you all and I'm looking forward to my 3 sessions next week
Susan - love your idea of freestyle callanetics. What does your warm up involve, Susan? I've been thinking of doing 75 pulses of 10/10 waist stretch followed by 75 pulses of Evo waist stretch. Do you do something similar? You also mentioned the sitting down waist/hip stretch which I also love, it feels wonderful (as you know I am an Evo devotee)

Talking of Evolution, for me personally I don't think Evo sits in between 10/10 and Super but it is a comprehensive "all-in-one" system in its own right offering something for everyone whatever the level, beginner, intermediate or advanced. In adding different kinds of pulsing, I think you tone in a different way to keep those muscles guessing.

akjw1 - yes, I think callanetics does help with stress, but go steady and remember the rest periods are important for your muscles to recover.
Also recommends to have a few weeks off, say twice a year and that is for all forms of exercise (other than walking). You then return to it and get even better results. I'm pleased I had that August break now
Happy pulsing!

Last edited by keepfitbrit; 09-21-2013 at 03:36 PM..
Old 09-22-2013, 02:28 AM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sea80
Hello all. Congratulations for all the hard work and your results.

The last few weeks have been pretty busy and I’ve only managed 5 hours so far I will try to do a couple of quick sessions on the days that there isn’t much time for a full hour.

Keep pulsing!
Sea80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tofutofu
Hello everyone! Just checking in to say I've done 10 hours in September so far. I've also hit my goal to walk at least 12 miles/wk the past four weeks. I thought I'd seen and felt some changes, but I measured and weighed today (I know, I know...supposed to wait for 20 sessions) and there's been no change. :\ It's pretty discouraging because when I picked up Callanetics last winter I saw results more quickly.

On a more positive note, congratulations to everyone who's still pulsing this month!
tofutofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutofu View Post
Hello everyone! Just checking in to say I've done 10 hours in September so far. I've also hit my goal to walk at least 12 miles/wk the past four weeks. I thought I'd seen and felt some changes, but I measured and weighed today (I know, I know...supposed to wait for 20 sessions) and there's been no change. : It's pretty discouraging because when I picked up Callanetics last winter I saw results more quickly.

On a more positive note, congratulations to everyone who's still pulsing this month!
So what I hear you saying is you've gained muscle weight and lost some fat weight which balanced you out for ten sessions. How are your clothes fitting? How flexible are you now as compared to 10 sessions ago? I know. Great work. Keep it up.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tofutofu
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
So what I hear you saying is you've gained muscle weight and lost some fat weight which balanced you out for ten sessions. How are your clothes fitting? How flexible are you now as compared to 10 sessions ago? I know. Great work. Keep it up.
Thank you for the encouragement Susan! I have had one positive, which is that I've noticed a marked increase in my strength at my bodyweight fitness class - I can do a lot of exercises I couldn't before. I am excited about that; it's just frustrating to feel different and then to still have your jeans be snug when you get dressed in the morning (clothes are fitting about the same).

Forgot to add one tip for everyone - last week I started adding in the two advanced stomach exercises and I highly recommend them! They're tough but I like that I feel them right at the waist area.
tofutofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Evolution completed on Friday as planned. And all set for 10/10 tomorrow.

Just for clarity. I don't think Evo sits BETWEEN 10/10 and Super at all. I think Evo is a similar over-all challenge as 10/10, for me (in my own personal experience) I find some aspects of it more challenging than 10/10 and other areas less so, but that doesn't mean I doubt it's capacity as a complete workout in it's own right. I wouldn't include it weekly schedule if I did.

I moved from 10/10 to Super and came to Evolution late in the day. If I could turn back the clock I would have mastered Evolution with 10/10 before even thinking about Super.
Zula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
8th hour of 10/10 done this month, total 19Hrs.

The layer of fat around my tummy seems to start shrinking at last.
Still haven't started cardio. I bought a pair of running shoes.....hope to get started this week!
marlenelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Hmm. I hope my response to your post, Susan, didn't come across as arrogant or anything negative. My intent was in trying to be supportive to a person who is always supportive of everyone else. I wasn't trying to tell you to cut out all the wonderful things you're doing here.

---------------------------------------------

My body is back for the time being, so I'm taking advantage and about to do another hour. Let's see how it goes!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Hmm. I hope my response to your post, Susan, didn't come across as arrogant or anything negative. My intent was in trying to be supportive to a person who is always supportive of everyone else. I wasn't trying to tell you to cut out all the wonderful things you're doing here.

---------------------------------------------

My body is back for the time being, so I'm taking advantage and about to do another hour. Let's see how it goes!
It made me smile. It's nice to know you care. I often ignore things I need to deal with in myself. Surprisingly, I'm unfazed by the weight fluctuations. It's a long haul thing.

Grab those good times when you can.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

9th hour of 10/10 done, so I've completed total 20Hrs.

I did not do a before measurement until my 12th hour, but here are the changes that I can see or feel :

(1) Calves used to be wobbly but they've slimmed down and firmed up and there's more definition in the ankles and knees.

(2) Cellulite at the back of my thighs and buttocks are visibly reduced. I still have them, the deep ones are taking time to go away but I'm confident that in time, they will.

(3) I'm a pear shape, but now I see that my body is more balanced and not so bottom heavy anymore. The saddlebags are visibly reduced. My butt used to sag , they were flat and I could not tell where the butt began and where it ended. Now, they are visibly smaller, tighter and taking on a rounded shape.

(4) Used to bloat after meals, even small ones. I've been taking Betaine HCl + pepsin and together with Callanetics, I believe they've helped reduced my bloating significantly. I'm starting to see some hip bones, but I've been snacking ( small pieces of cakes, ice creams ) and so, I've still got this layer of fat around my tummy which needs getting rid of. Underneath the layer of fat, I could feel the hard muscles underneath. That did not happen until perhaps the 18th hour.

I've been meaning to start cardio.....I know, I know I've been talking about this for some time now. I really am going to start walking this week!
Old 09-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #164
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: abrandnewu
Coming back

Hi All, I have been reading this forum faithfully for a while and joined a few months back but I put my back out and it has taken me some time to get myself into the Callanetics groove again.

I did my 1/10 yesterday, late start in the month, but better late than never. I am SUPER sore today, everywhere and was shaking through much of the leg workout, but I am going to do 2/10 today to hopefully stretch out some of that lactic acid.

I too am a pear shape and am looking forward to what a consistent callanetics routine will do to my currently not so peachy behind. At the moment I am supplementing with morning walks on an empty stomach to help with weight loss and following the Rosedale diet which is proving to be a real revelation as it's the first time in my life I have dieted without feeling deprived or hungry!

Looking forward to sharing my journey here with you all.
abrandnewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

marlenelet, YEAH! These results say so much more than measurements or weight. Keep going girl.

abrandnewu, it's good to hear from you again. Be very gentle with yourself please. This isn't a race or a competition. Only what you can do without pain. It will all come together in its own time.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Marlenete, Yay! Good for you! And just think, that's just the beginning!

abrandnewu, welcome back! Yes, it's never too late to start. And I agree with Susan, listen to your body. If it's shaking that much, take those pauses, or do less. It will come back in no time, you'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
It made me smile. It's nice to know you care. I often ignore things I need to deal with in myself. Surprisingly, I'm unfazed by the weight fluctuations. It's a long haul thing.

Grab those good times when you can.
Oh good! Because when I went back and read it, I was left wondering who I was writing that to? If it was you, then I totally misinterpreted what you wrote at that time. LOL!

Anyway, we're still here for you if/when you need.

----------------------------------------

Yesterday I ended up going for a 3 or 4 hour walk, one I thought would only take half the time. So, I ended up doing my Callanetics today instead.

A little bit back I was trying to decide which Super move to add next. My body decided for me and it was to alter the arm exercise and add the balance to it. Amazingly enough, I went straight to the leg out straight, not bent, position, and am doing 50 pulses with each leg out.

I have done 65 hours of Callanetics (this time), and I am finally starting to see the light in regards to the stretches! Today was the first day I got to an angle where I could feel the ability to relax into the stretch a bit (if I lean forward with my legs out wide (3'-3.5'), I can reach about 5" past my knees, if you draw a line between them in that position). That's me stretching my arms as far as they can go, so that gives you a good idea of what I'm capable of, and it might not be much to some of you flexible people, but for me, this is big!

I also noticed it's been a while since I've been dreading the stretches. There's no anxious breath, as I realise the stretch is next anymore. I think that says a lot.

Also, I don't know when this happened, maybe 20 hours ago??? My cellulite totally disappeared. And I know that is completely due to Callanetics.

I have a question about body shape. If I'm an hourglass when I have no extra weight on, but gain and become a pear, which am I?
Old 09-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MamaLar
I was wondering if i can get some answers to questions i have about the stomach exercise's. I find the pulsing very confusing.. what exactly am i pulsing? am i using my stomach muscles to pull down to towards my hips or am i using my upper body to not so much rock bath and forth but lift up a tiny amount.

Can someone please clarify? Also has anyone got any tips for not straining my neck?

Thankyou in advance.
MamaLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Taking it easy...

Thanks for your responses ladies. I really have been very inactive so that is why my body is reacting with such trembling but I completed hour 2 of 10/10 yesterday and will be doing my third today. I know there is no race...I'm just eager to get going.

Surprisingly my second session was a less shaky than the first and even with some of the exercises I found if I just concentrated on form through the shaking (especially the hip and behind) after about 70 pulses my body finally stop trembling and I could do the exercise more effectively.

For many of the exercises though I have been taking breaks and doing only as many pulses as I can.

I have started with 10/10 just so I can learn those exercises with correct form, however would there be value in alternating between Evolution even this early on?

Susan, with regards to breath and stretching, I studied Acrobatics for 2 years and found that if you counter stretch on the inhalation and release into the stretch/contraction on the exhalation the body really does let go much much more.

Happy pulsing everyone
Old 09-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Good to hear you're doing well, abrandnewu!

I'm going to take what you said
Quote:
Susan, with regards to breath and stretching, I studied Acrobatics for 2 years and found that if you counter stretch on the inhalation and release into the stretch/contraction on the exhalation the body really does let go much much more.
and read it when I'm not so tired, and see if I can implement it in my next session.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLar View Post
I was wondering if i can get some answers to questions i have about the stomach exercise's. I find the pulsing very confusing.. what exactly am i pulsing? am i using my stomach muscles to pull down to towards my hips or am i using my upper body to not so much rock bath and forth but lift up a tiny amount.

Can someone please clarify? Also has anyone got any tips for not straining my neck?

Thankyou in advance.
The stomach exercises are just that, stomach exercises. Therefore, the goal is to relax the rest of the body and allow the stomach to do the work. So, basically you are contracting your stomach muscles just that small amount so that your body "pulses". Do not suck your stomach in or push it out, try to relax and allow it to fall down to a natural position.

It helps if you know which muscles are being worked so you can focus on only using the ones needed (I'm assuming you're using 10/10 here): In the first stomach exercise, it would be the center of your abs. In the second one, the obliques (side abs). And in the third, your lower abs.

Many people find their neck gets stronger with time. I never had a problem with the neck though, I think because I have a longer neck, and just allow my head to be propped up and just allow it to relax where it is, the same way, as if you're sitting and allow it to fall down to your chest.

Hope that helps! And !

Susan and Zula, it's true, there are some really amazing movements in Evolution. I think in the end, preference is given more to presentation style and pace for many people. It all seems to lead to an amazingly strong, lean body.

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 09-24-2013 at 09:21 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

10th hour of 10/10 done this month, total 21Hrs.

Jigglebuster, if this is just the beginning, then I can't wait to see the astounding changes that will happen.

Susan, thanks for the encouragement from the start. I appreciate the advice and the wisdom that you've imparted through this forum.

I've always wondered if I was doing the exercises correctly but now that I'm seeing visible results, I'm convinced that I'm executing them correctly. I had so much fat on my behind and hips that when I placed my hand as Callan instructed, I could not feel my muscles contracting.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #171
odo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
session done this morning. A bit behind schedule to hit this months target (another 4 sessions needed).
odo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #172
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CathinVan
Stats: 145/143/138
Start Date: August 2013
Quick update from me. I went to a conference last week so was a bit of a slacker and had a few days off. I have managed 17 sessions of 10/10 so far this month and 42 sessions in total.

Based on what others have said I am trying to get a copy of Evo. I do have the Super Callanetics DVD but have not yet been brave enough to actually watch it. I did it for a while about 25 years ago but I don't think I am quite ready for it just yet.

Back to catching up on the other posts. Keep up the good work everyone.
CathinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLar View Post

Thankyou in advance.
MamaLar. The answers Jigglebuster gave you concerning the abs were spot on. There is no rocking per say, just the pulsing caused by the gentle and controlled contraction of the abdominal muscles. Rest assured it does get easier.

It's common for beginners to have neck discomfort when starting Callanetics and I believe it's usually due to improper positioning of the head and neck while pulsing the abs. The skull swivels and bends from a point between your ears but most beginners bend the neck from the base causing undue strain. Try to differentiate the movements and avoid bending the neck. This should help ease the discomfort. Regardless, your muscles will strengthen quickly and neck pain usually vanishes within the first few sessions. You can rest your head in your hands as you pulse for a while if that helps. Remind yourself of how tiny a 1/4" movement really is. You should barely be able to see it but you will certainly feel your body working! Eventually you will be doing them with such control you will laugh at the memory of this time. I hope this helps.

Happy pulsing.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathinVan View Post
Quick update from me. I went to a conference last week so was a bit of a slacker and had a few days off. I have managed 17 sessions of 10/10 so far this month and 42 sessions in total.

Based on what others have said I am trying to get a copy of Evo. I do have the Super Callanetics DVD but have not yet been brave enough to actually watch it. I did it for a while about 25 years ago but I don't think I am quite ready for it just yet.

Back to catching up on the other posts. Keep up the good work everyone.
I had to laugh at this. I watch my Super DVD every so often and cringe. I do some serious adjustments to my regular series but I still lack the courage to attempt Super. Like you I did them regularly 25 years ago.

Marlenelet, this is one of the wonders of Callanetics. If you envision it while you work your body finds a way to where your brain was sending it. A delightful dance of body and brain.

Amanda you are doing a great job. Just a little thinner and stronger every day. Callanetics in action.

Happy pulsing.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone

I have done two sessions so far this week and today is a rest day. Eleven sessions so far this month and I am really pleased how my legs are shaping up. I have been adding in the inner thigh squeeze with my legs on the floor and heels pushing the chair legs together. (It was a variation given in the book). It is great! Is anybody else doing this variation on the inner thigh squeeze?

abrandnewu - great to see you back
MamaLar - welcome to the forum
CathinVan - Wow -17 hours in a month is amazing! I think I'm doing well if I get to 10
Amanda - you are doing great
Susan and Jigglebuster - love your posts as always

Keep pulsing everyone -nearly at the end of the month -phew!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #176
odo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Thanks for all the encouragement guys!!
Love you loads and really appreciate it

Another session done this morning (3 left to go to hit this months target)
odo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Session #11 (Sept) #55 Total

Before I forget MamaLar, I was mistaken about the abs pulse being 1/4". It should have been 1/2". Still a tiny, controlled movement done in as relaxed a nature as one can muster.

Another wonderful session filled with lovely control. I did the Evo legs without holding on again and it was much more controlled than I expected. I did the floor Hips and Behind #1 & 2 without support as well. I'm pushing myself to play with balance now.

My abs run today was
- 100 feet flat, in 3 blocks of 50, 25, 25
- 100 each one leg up, other leg extended and hovering, in four blocks:
- 25 from 10/10
- 25 Evo with arms to outside
- 25 10/10
- 25 10/10, with last 10 done as "Evil Abs" (that's Sandra's fault!)
- 100 both legs up 10/10, in blocks of 25, doing the very last 10 as "Evil Abs".
Whew!!! What a workout and no sweat!

Rachel and I are both becoming fascinated with the muscular development going on with our arms. Suddenly we can notice distinct muscles and the action of those muscles. Things are seriously picking up around here. It reminds me of how absorbing it is in the beginning when the legs begin to develop strength and definition. Someday I'm going to be feeling like this about my stomach.

As the month wears down let me say how proud of all the sculpting going on all over the world. Great work all. Happy pulsing.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #178
Junior LCF Member

Hour 3 of 10/10 completed yesterday. I had to have a day off after my first two sessions as I was soooooo sore. The third session had more control which was great to see in such a short amount of time.

Is it possible I could be losing inches already? My pants are definitely feeling looser and my tummy is a lot flatter too. Or are these rose coloured glasses?

Has anyone worked out what is actually happening on an anatomical level in terms of the pulses? I'd love to know why there's such a pull in so quickly. Never in years of gym work have I experienced such quick results...

Amazing!
Old 09-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewu View Post
Hour 3 of 10/10 completed yesterday. I had to have a day off after my first two sessions as I was soooooo sore. The third session had more control which was great to see in such a short amount of time.

Is it possible I could be losing inches already? My pants are definitely feeling looser and my tummy is a lot flatter too. Or are these rose coloured glasses?

Has anyone worked out what is actually happening on an anatomical level in terms of the pulses? I'd love to know why there's such a pull in so quickly. Never in years of gym work have I experienced such quick results...

Amazing!
abrandnewu, I'm thrilled for you. You are not imagining the results you are experiencing. Many of us have never found another fitness approach that delivers results as quickly and consistently as regular sessions of Callanetics. Anatomically Callanetics begins working the deepest muscles that make up the very core of you and are actually instrumental in the resulting fitness of all the upper levels of muscle and fascia. The positions you get into are full body stretches and the gentle pulses are so controlled that they create an atmosphere that encourages strengthening of the muscle fiber. It turns out that Callanetics is a very safe and powerful way to create fascial fitness. Obviously our muscles quickly learn to contract and relax in an enhanced way and the results are soon visible. It's one of the reasons we get so addicted.

The neatest thing? It never stops being so amazing!

While working out today I kept thinking about how important it is to be able to breathe easily and how that can help you determine if your position needs adjusting. When I can't breathe freely I usually find the culprit is a need to free the neck so the chest opens up and breathing becomes easier. No position should ever interfere with breathing and it's optimal to keep the chest open and flexible. I never stop learning from Callanetics.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

11th hour of 10/10 done for this month, total 22Hrs.

My left butt cheek seems to feel more muscular, more compact compared to my right one. Visually they look the same.....but when I am doing the behind and hips exercise and put my hand to feel the contraction, it obviously feels different.

I'm doing the same reps and try my best to make sure that the intensity is the same. In fact, I've been putting more focus and slightly more reps into my right side recently.....but I still feel that the left is stronger, more muscular.

Has anyone encountered this issue before.