LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #91
odo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Another session done this morning, up to 5 sessions for this month and on target

But OMG are some of the exercises getting harder and harder compare to the first 10 x 10/10 sessions.
I know it's because I am now re-aligning myself into better correct positions, just tweaking my position for a better workout and finding muscles that I thought were relaxed while working on another area and realising that I had tension in them and trying to get them to now relax!!
odo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Zula Your progress has been exceptional!!! I understand your struggle to cut back on sessions. I'm having the same challenge in trying to cut back on the length of mine and I think I'm going to just keep on as I am until life forces the issue (if ever). This is the best addiction I have ever had. If time is the concern have you considered going to Callan's maintenance routine? In the book she lays it out as a daily alternative with one extended session a week. Still a struggle for someone who really loves what these pulses do for the body, but less time intensive for someone with family responsibilities or a busy work schedule.

After a day immersed in the writings of Tom Myers I have a renewed understanding of
- the absolute necessity of drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily
- why it's a good idea to stretch like a cat when you get up in the morning or rise from sitting at length
- the benefits of self-massaging the entire body at least once a day (and possibly before Callanetics, or at least doing each area before the movements - still working this out)
- how absolutely effectively Callanetics works to establish fascia fitness
- the reality that it takes a minimum of 6 months up to as long as 24 months to create (as Tom puts it) a silk-like body suit which is not only strong but also allows for a smoothly gliding joint mobility over wide angular ranges. Sounds so sexy doesn't it?

Time to make breakfast so I can get set up for my Callanetics session.

Later
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 9th September 2014
Hi everyone
I got up today and felt much better so did my hour of Evo with added inner thigh squeeze and sitting spinal rotation and then had an hours rest then went into work. So that is my 5th so far this month.
Again, I have come home with back ache but lower back ache this time and I tried really hard to lift properly but I am also under time pressure at work so have to work quickly. The others at work also complain of back ache but they rotate their shifts so they do not have to lift everyday as I do.
I am rubbing arnica gel into my back and hopefully in time I will get used to this change in my job and adapt as I get used to it. Sorry for the moan.
On the plus side however, I have done 52 sessions since April

(Will got back and read the last few posts now)
Happy pulsing!
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amata
Stats: 5'3" getting to slim and healthy
WOE: Fewer and healthier calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Monique if they are making you thirsty then it's a fibre issue I guess? They are very high in fibre and if your not used to a high fibre diet it can be a bit of a shock to your system with affects including thirst. I guess try a tea spoon in two tablespoons of water and see if that has the same reaction if your interested in finding out!
Thank you, Zula! It could be, but I eat high fibre anyway, to my mind. I'll keep experimenting, because chia seeds do seem too good to pass up on (plus I still have quite a lot...).
Monique
Amata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepfitbrit View Post
Hi everyone
I got up today and felt much better so did my hour of Evo with added inner thigh squeeze and sitting spinal rotation and then had an hours rest then went into work. So that is my 5th so far this month.
Again, I have come home with back ache but lower back ache this time and I tried really hard to lift properly but I am also under time pressure at work so have to work quickly. The others at work also complain of back ache but they rotate their shifts so they do not have to lift everyday as I do.
I am rubbing arnica gel into my back and hopefully in time I will get used to this change in my job and adapt as I get used to it. Sorry for the moan.
On the plus side however, I have done 52 sessions since April

(Will got back and read the last few posts now)
Happy pulsing!
Try that torso twist I posted the other day. It should help relieve the stress in your lower back. Also, pelvic tilting with your feet flat always worked for me. The good news is that with Callanetics you know eventually your body will adjust and you'll be strong and fluid at work without pain.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlenelet
3rd hour of 10/10 for September, total 14Hrs.

Got my plan disrupted because of an unplanned business trip. Managed to sneak in some cardio and walked 2.85km yesterday. Went to bed with a bad migraine and still having migraine today. Ouch....hopefully it'll get better and I can sneak in a session of 10/10 this evening.

I'm dreading it somewhat. My muscles usually protest when I leave more than 3 days in between sessions.....
marlenelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:15 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
3rd hour of 10/10 for September, total 14Hrs.

Got my plan disrupted because of an unplanned business trip. Managed to sneak in some cardio and walked 2.85km yesterday. Went to bed with a bad migraine and still having migraine today. Ouch....hopefully it'll get better and I can sneak in a session of 10/10 this evening.

I'm dreading it somewhat. My muscles usually protest when I leave more than 3 days in between sessions.....
Ouch I feel for you. My daughter Rachel just conquered a migraine that hung on for a week (I had treated us to little packets of fig newtons and unbeknownst to us the sulfur used in the processing was the culprit ). Hopefully yours will fade quickly. She said Callanetics was what got her through it this time. May it do the same for you. When you have breaks of more than three days be extra gentle with yourself as you start. Give some thought to brisk self massage in the shower before you begin. These things will help. It will get better.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168..153(2013)/155/Healthy 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Seasonal - Organic and nothing packaged
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
I tried the alternative pose for the hip and behind exercise, and it's definitely working. I feels like it might be a Super version. I really had to make an effort to keep my shoulders aligned - had a tendency to lower the inside shoulder - and keep my back stretched upward. I think it might work the area slightly differently though, so I'm going to alternate between the turned and non-turned version me thinks.

I'm seeing a new puckering and bubbling of my skin in my lower calves and lower outer thighs, and we all know what that means! It's about to pull in!

Squats... I think they have their place, but there are various ways to do them and different versions work different muscles. Depending on if you're doing them with weights or not, and how many reps you're doing, also has it's affect, especially if it's a large amount i.e. your max. One way could build strength and bulk, the other create endurance and definition. In saying that, with any exercise I do, I always balance it out by working the opposing muscles and the rest of my body. For instance, if you're going to do dumbell curls, you'll want to balance it out with a tricep exercise, but then that makes me want to work my shoulders, back and chest, otherwise there would be an imbalance. And you can see when someone has worked one area more than the others. That's why body builders work with mirrors, to not only watch their form, but to watch for those imbalances. Hope that helps!

Susan, you're making me want to retire early, so I can just move my body all day! Ha ha! I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.25
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.25"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.0"/14.0
Starting all over with 198 hours (1/? this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: juliakgoolia
Hi again ladies!!

Thank you for the responses
susan you are an expert! haha

ps. I do not have a ballet bar!! WHat should I use instead? & would practicing in front of a mirror be beneficial ? Also, I am doing 45 min of elliptical, will this hinder my progress? I don't want to lose muscle tone!

thanks again!!
juliakgoolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliakgoolia View Post
Hi again ladies!!

Thank you for the responses
susan you are an expert! haha

ps. I do not have a ballet bar!! WHat should I use instead? & would practicing in front of a mirror be beneficial ? Also, I am doing 45 min of elliptical, will this hinder my progress? I don't want to lose muscle tone!

thanks again!!
juliakgoolia thank you. I do my best. To answer your questions, it is not necessary to use a barre. Any surface high enough to accommodate that is stable will suffice. Backs of couches, chairs, tables, anything available. I still prefer using the kitchen sink for the Heel and Arch on the Barre movements because it's just the right height for me and there's no chance at all it will move when I'm relaxing out into the arch stretch. I also have a makeshift barre on the back of our bathroom door, which opens off our living room (my exercise space) that my husband made with clamps mounted to the door and a piece of removable PVC pipe and I have a cheap mirror mounted behind that so I can observe my form when I'm working there. Necessity is the mother of invention. It's not necessary to have a mirror, I just like having one there. Most of the time I'm too busy focusing on the process to remember to check the mirror so usually I'm just looking during breaks, but it gives me the opportunity to notice changes I might have missed before. It caters to my vain side.

I can't think of any reason not to continue with the elliptical if you enjoy using it. You will be surprised at how quickly Callanetics strengthens and aligns your body. If I had to choose one over the other Callanetics would win hands down. Nothing I have seen in my 59 years has the potential that Callanetics has to effect positive long-term change without the fear of injury. Remember to be gentle and only do what you can. Callanetics works from your core out and you can't force the fascia to stretch before it's ready. It will all come together in it's own time. I'm excited for you.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

4th hour of 10/10 done for September, total 15Hrs.

I usually get jello-legs when I put 3 days in between sessions. Yesterday was different. I went 5 days in between and did not get jello legs. I guess I must have bigger muscles now.

Still, my goal is to get in 3x/week.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Ouch I feel for you. My daughter Rachel just conquered a migraine that hung on for a week (I had treated us to little packets of fig newtons and unbeknownst to us the sulfur used in the processing was the culprit ). Hopefully yours will fade quickly. She said Callanetics was what got her through it this time. May it do the same for you. When you have breaks of more than three days be extra gentle with yourself as you start. Give some thought to brisk self massage in the shower before you begin. These things will help. It will get better.

Thanks susan. I think my migraine was due to dehydration and lack of sleep. I felt crappy doing callanetics yesterday but was fine and dandy by the end of the session. Surprisingly, yesterday's session felt pretty easy. I wonder if that's because my muscles are stronger now? I've moved my exercise from lying on a mat on the floor to lying on my bed instead.

I sometimes feel a slight pain on my tailbone when I round too much on the mat. ( I injured my tailbone when giving birth 3 years ago. ) This is the reason I've decided not to do the stomach exercises and the pelvic rotations and pelvic scoop on a floormat. I'm doing them instead on my bed, which is made of coconut fiber husks, which is as firm as the floor but the thin layer of sponge acts as a shock absorber.

I hope this change does not make the exercises less effective. But it does feel easier doing it on the bed.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenelet View Post
Thanks susan. I think my migraine was due to dehydration and lack of sleep. I felt crappy doing callanetics yesterday but was fine and dandy by the end of the session. Surprisingly, yesterday's session felt pretty easy. I wonder if that's because my muscles are stronger now? I've moved my exercise from lying on a mat on the floor to lying on my bed instead.

I sometimes feel a slight pain on my tailbone when I round too much on the mat. ( I injured my tailbone when giving birth 3 years ago. ) This is the reason I've decided not to do the stomach exercises and the pelvic rotations and pelvic scoop on a floormat. I'm doing them instead on my bed, which is made of coconut fiber husks, which is as firm as the floor but the thin layer of sponge acts as a shock absorber.

I hope this change does not make the exercises less effective. But it does feel easier doing it on the bed.
That's a new concern for me. I would be interested in hearing about your results. I personally use a yoga mat on top of interlocking 1/2" rubber mats that are typically sold at the home improvement store for use in a workshop. They are very firm, yet also act as a shock absorber and I can testify that it has had no detrimental effects on my results. My abs get flatter and stronger with each session. I suspect you will find the same. Adaptation is the name of the game. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited by susanw53; 09-12-2013 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Evolution done this morning! I love that abdominal section! 8 hours for September!

Marlenelet - I have a twisted tail bone after breaking it some years ago. The key to mat work for me has been a Pilates mat. Yoga mats are the thin ones which literally just provide a clean and non-slip surface, Pilates mats are heavily cushioned. Mine is a good half inch thick and supports my hyper mobile joints, broken hand and broken tail bone perfectly. It wasn't even expensive so may be worth investigating?
Zula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #105
odo
Senior LCF Member

Another session done this morning

Yesterday I felt really fat and bloat, so the bathroom scales were calling my name...I gave in and got on them... to my surprise I have not gained or lost any weight.
When I got back in last night wet through from walking the dog in the rain, I decide to try on my lazy trousers that I have not worn since last year when I was 20lbs lighter. I don't know why I thought I would fit in them carrying an extra 20lbs but I did... they fit!!! and are not tight!! I have dropped a dress size since doing callanetics
So, all I can assume is that I feel fat/bloated because I have tucked-in in one area which has made my stomach look bigger and made me feel bloated. So my stomach should tuck-in again soon .
  • Miles run: 4.5 miles October (goal 30 miles)
Old 09-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Wow! That's amazing odo! You must have gained that much in muscle then, eh?

---------------------------------------

I took it easy today, and did 10/10 without any extras. I'm glad I did, because I'm a little tight from parkour from Wednesday. The one thing I did do day, that I haven't been able to do since I stopped a few years ago was to do all the pelvic rotations at a time, so 10 one way then 10 the other with no pauses, and it was only in the last 4 I was struggling a bit. I'm also able to straighten my legs in everything, stretches and abs. My stretches are deeper too!

The one area I still need to pause on is the lower abs, but only when I put my legs straight. I've decided I prefer to pause and give myself a small break then continue with bent knees like I used to. I know in time I'll be able to get to 100. The good thing is, I'm not feeling the tension in my hips anymore!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #107
odo
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Wow! That's amazing odo! You must have gained that much in muscle then, eh?

---------------------------------------
I know, it doesn't seem to make sense (I know everyone used to say that I needed to put weight on, that I was too thin/looked ill etc. )

End of September I am due to do my next measurements, so that will be interesting
Old 09-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
I know, it doesn't seem to make sense (I know everyone used to say that I needed to put weight on, that I was too thin/looked ill etc. )

End of September I am due to do my next measurements, so that will be interesting
But it sort of does. Since March I have lost 1 pound, and I actually have very similar measurements to what I had 20 years ago, when in university, but I weigh almost 20 pounds heavier.... because I didn't have any muscle back then (That was just before I discovered working out). Muscle really is that heavy!

Anyway, I'm eager to see how your next measurements go!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 9th September 2014
Hi everyone

Well done everyone and fantastic results Amanda Dropping a dress size is my aim as well and I am steadily getting there, despite friends suggesting I give my older and smaller clothes to charity. I want to hang on to them to see if they will soon fit I know if I stick with callanetics I will.
Thank for your advice for my back Susan and I feel better today. I split my session of Evo half before work and half after work today mainly because my Dad visited half way through the session so I had to do the remainder four hours later.
Anyway got to go, my son is calling me
Bye xx
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone. Just dropped in to see what action was going on and oh wow Amanda!!!!! Excellent news! I would bet no one is telling you how unwell or too thin you look now are they? The amazing thing about Callanetics is how the movements mold your personal body suit to YOUR bones so now you are developing shapely muscle definition and a healthier appearance. Good work.

Jigglebuster I so enjoy following your progress. You are proof positive that even after years of practice the excitement never diminishes. You inspire me every time I read your posts.

keepfitbrit, you will prove your friends wrong because at some point you will slip right into those clothes. Callanetics are so powerful and rewarding to continue with. You will appreciate them even more as you age gracefully, able to stay physically active in a way most around you won't (unless they are smart enough to start working with you). One of my goals is to be able to shop for clothes in any department I choose (that isn't petite - I'll never be petite ).

I'm so proud and happy for you all. Today is my 2nd off day in a row, which happens once a week and I'm never happy with it, but after working on my feet at top speed for the past five hours I can't even realistically consider a session. I know my own limits. Tomorrow morning Happy pulsing.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #111
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: juliakgoolia
Quote:
juliakgoolia thank you. I do my best. To answer your questions, it is not necessary to use a barre. Any surface high enough to accommodate that is stable will suffice. Backs of couches, chairs, tables, anything available. I still prefer using the kitchen sink for the Heel and Arch on the Barre movements because it's just the right height for me and there's no chance at all it will move when I'm relaxing out into the arch stretch. I also have a makeshift barre on the back of our bathroom door, which opens off our living room (my exercise space) that my husband made with clamps mounted to the door and a piece of removable PVC pipe and I have a cheap mirror mounted behind that so I can observe my form when I'm working there. Necessity is the mother of invention. It's not necessary to have a mirror, I just like having one there. Most of the time I'm too busy focusing on the process to remember to check the mirror so usually I'm just looking during breaks, but it gives me the opportunity to notice changes I might have missed before. It caters to my vain side.

I can't think of any reason not to continue with the elliptical if you enjoy using it. You will be surprised at how quickly Callanetics strengthens and aligns your body. If I had to choose one over the other Callanetics would win hands down. Nothing I have seen in my 59 years has the potential that Callanetics has to effect positive long-term change without the fear of injury. Remember to be gentle and only do what you can. Callanetics works from your core out and you can't force the fascia to stretch before it's ready. It will all come together in it's own time. I'm excited for you.

Thanks again
I just finished hour 2! I was actually feeling quite down today, but I decided to pull up my bootstraps (so to speak ) and get pulsing.
Guess what? I substantially improved my mood and I can't wait to get back tomorrow

I'm glad I found this group
Good luck ladies and remember, just turn on the video and try to do what you can. Be gentle, be kind to yourself, you are worth it!!!
juliakgoolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #112
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pease Pudding
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Sept 2009
Well, I have managed only one session so far this week (although there is still the weekend to come!). Reading through the posts, I was thinking I will have to write down all the refinements that you are so generously sharing with us, Susan, as I can't remember them all! I am still getting to grips with the basic 10/10 and have just about got the alignments right, e.g. I now always remember to roll my hip forward first for the behind/hip exercises - what a difference! I want to get to the point where I can do all 10/10 in sequence without the DVD, much as I like Callan's soothing voice.

I am still seeing changes, particularly the sides of my waist look firmer, and the front has definitely decreased and less 'jiggly' fat. I can tell by my clothes, particularly when I put my favourite swimming costume on, that things are a-changing...

Pease
Pease Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:45 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: callangirl
Stats: 255/140/135
Start Date: July 3, 2012
Hope everyone is doing great this September; I'm so glad that I found this forum. As far as I can tell, during my research for an adequate Callanetics site; this is the most detailed and active in reference to this type of exercise on the Internet. Many people still don't seem to be aware of Callanetics. With all the benefits it offers, it should be more popular. MHO

So far I’ve done 7 of the expected 12 sessions for this month...

Happy Pulsing!!
callangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

keepfitbrit, sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but from the sounds of things you and your co-workers are not using your legs enough when lifting or twisting. If lifting from down to up, you want to be doing more of a squat, so bend those knees, engage that pelvis, and extend your legs from your hips, which will protect your lower back, then use your arms more for steadying or directional movements. The actual lifting needs to come from your legs.

The same applies if there's a turn in the movement, but you're going to push off the foot opposite of the direction you want to turn and turn at you hips, not your waist.

I hope that helps!

-----------------------

Today, I feel like a full session would be too much, but I feel like doing something, an I don't like that .5 in my signature, so I'm going to do half of everything i.e. half a session.

Happy pulsing everyone!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Okay, I'm back!

One thing I've noticed is with my bar stretches, the focus seems to be more toward the calves and more and more into my ankles, which I suspect suggests my plantar fascia is finally starting to loosen up. Yay!

As for my "elephant knees", which I haven't mentioned in a while, they are still there, except the lower and outer aspects have all smoothed out again. So it's like it originated at the inner aspect next to my patella, went around, then started smoothing out where it went around to, and went back again following the same path in reverse as it smooths, the last being the origin, the inner aspect, next to my patella, which is still pretty wrinkly. I have no doubt my inner thigh will continue lifting and this will smooth out too. Craziness!

There's some crazy loose skin around my tailbone now, and the skin around my lower abs have tightened up too - not too long ago, it looked "old" and saggy as the muscle was forming, similar to what's going on on my lower back now.

And! My peach is now about half an inch lower than my "bottom line". Things are lifting!

All I'm saying is, KEEP GOING! This stuff really works!!!! Wowza~!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Ah, the bliss of having another splendid session behind me.

Callagirl I share your humble opinion about Callanetics. As effective as this program is there should be many, many more participants. That's why we work so hard here to spread the word.

I've developed a new routine for the Hips and Behind that pretty much left the 10/10 movements behind. At this point I'm doing the rotational floor one with the leg bent behind (love, love, love this one!), followed by the Evolution straight leg floor movement (I simply adore the side plank combined with the arm reaching over the head and seriously rotated so the palm is up -wow!), then a nice adductor movement I picked up from Sandra's page and then on to the standing movements from Super. What a work out! I find myself getting so excited about them coming up that I have to fight the urge to do the leg movements faster.

In researching Tom Myers and his work on fascial fitness I came across a pamphlet entitled "Staying Fit All Life Long - 10 Tips for Fascial Fitness". In reading it I was intrigued with the idea of beginning a movement with a counter stretch, to prepare the fascia for what was to come. In playing with that concept I've begun adapting the Hamstring Stretch in the Warm Ups with great results. After stretching up I look up and stretch my upper body back a bit then fall to the front, still looking up as I come over then allowing everything to just melt towards the floor. I am always surprised at how easy a fuller stretch comes here. I plan on playing with the rest of the movements to see how I can adapt them as well. I think next time I'll try with the Waist Stretch. Interesting.

There are some wonderful things going on with my body. My calves are so sleek and defined, rising up from these delicately beautiful ankles that keep getting thinner. Although I still have an overhang on my stomach (just fat waiting to burn off) I have deep indentations developing along the sides as the abs get stronger. Every session my butt is higher and smaller all over. I realized today that my neck is becoming noticeably slimmer and I have boney shoulders again. It's amazing how I can SEE the changes as much as I feel them. You guys should see the changes in my daughter Rachel!!! She's wearing jeans two sizes smaller than when she started and where before she had to wear them below her stomach overhang, now they fit around her true waist with room to spare. She told me that starting out at 320 pounds she was encouraged about the steady weight loss but it wasn't until she saw 239 on the scale last week that she believed it and got really excited about possibly finding ways to accelerate the progress. The best part of my return to Callanetics this time is her returning also. We live in neighboring apartments and giggle like little girls every day about how our bodies are changing. One of these days she's going to let me post pictures of her progress.

I'm starting to look forward to taking measurements an progress pictures at the end of the month. Good times girls. Good times.

Keep up all the good work. Happy pulsing.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Ah, the bliss of having another splendid session behind me.

Callagirl I share your humble opinion about Callanetics. As effective as this program is there should be many, many more participants. That's why we work so hard here to spread the word.

I've developed a new routine for the Hips and Behind that pretty much left the 10/10 movements behind. At this point I'm doing the rotational floor one with the leg bent behind (love, love, love this one!), followed by the Evolution straight leg floor movement (I simply adore the side plank combined with the arm reaching over the head and seriously rotated so the palm is up -wow!), then a nice adductor movement I picked up from Sandra's page and then on to the standing movements from Super. What a work out! I find myself getting so excited about them coming up that I have to fight the urge to do the leg movements faster.

In researching Tom Myers and his work on fascial fitness I came across a pamphlet entitled "Staying Fit All Life Long - 10 Tips for Fascial Fitness". In reading it I was intrigued with the idea of beginning a movement with a counter stretch, to prepare the fascia for what was to come. In playing with that concept I've begun adapting the Hamstring Stretch in the Warm Ups with great results. After stretching up I look up and stretch my upper body back a bit then fall to the front, still looking up as I come over then allowing everything to just melt towards the floor. I am always surprised at how easy a fuller stretch comes here. I plan on playing with the rest of the movements to see how I can adapt them as well. I think next time I'll try with the Waist Stretch. Interesting.

There are some wonderful things going on with my body. My calves are so sleek and defined, rising up from these delicately beautiful ankles that keep getting thinner. Although I still have an overhang on my stomach (just fat waiting to burn off) I have deep indentations developing along the sides as the abs get stronger. Every session my butt is higher and smaller all over. I realized today that my neck is becoming noticeably slimmer and I have boney shoulders again. It's amazing how I can SEE the changes as much as I feel them. You guys should see the changes in my daughter Rachel!!! She's wearing jeans two sizes smaller than when she started and where before she had to wear them below her stomach overhang, now they fit around her true waist with room to spare. She told me that starting out at 320 pounds she was encouraged about the steady weight loss but it wasn't until she saw 239 on the scale last week that she believed it and got really excited about possibly finding ways to accelerate the progress. The best part of my return to Callanetics this time is her returning also. We live in neighboring apartments and giggle like little girls every day about how our bodies are changing. One of these days she's going to let me post pictures of her progress.

I'm starting to look forward to taking measurements an progress pictures at the end of the month. Good times girls. Good times.

Keep up all the good work. Happy pulsing.
Wow, such great results! Happy for you both. The amazing changes must seem almost unbelievable at times

Happy Sunday all
Monique
Old 09-15-2013, 03:44 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Congratulations Amanda on fitting into those pants!

I had a disagreement with a relation yesterday who keeps asking me whether I've lost weight and I keep replying (truthfully) that I've only lost 3lb in the last 5 months (so pre even starting Callanetics) despite the fact I'm on the brink of saying 2 dress sizes lost now. I've been accused of lying, attention seeking and all sorts because relation in question refuses to believe that the Callanetics would make that much difference to my size without weight loss. She "can't understand why I'm being so dishonest or what I hope to achieve by it". Ah well, you can't please everyone!

In other news I couldn't resist doing my second 'extra' 10/10 yesterday so I'm up to 9 hours for September with my usual weeks worth all lined up ready to start tomorrow.
Zula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
Congratulations Amanda on fitting into those pants!

I had a disagreement with a relation yesterday who keeps asking me whether I've lost weight and I keep replying (truthfully) that I've only lost 3lb in the last 5 months (so pre even starting Callanetics) despite the fact I'm on the brink of saying 2 dress sizes lost now. I've been accused of lying, attention seeking and all sorts because relation in question refuses to believe that the Callanetics would make that much difference to my size without weight loss. She "can't understand why I'm being so dishonest or what I hope to achieve by it". Ah well, you can't please everyone!

In other news I couldn't resist doing my second 'extra' 10/10 yesterday so I'm up to 9 hours for September with my usual weeks worth all lined up ready to start tomorrow.
Time for that relation to find out for herself. What great results everyone is having. I'd slacked because of all sorts of other commitments, felt the loss and am climbing on the wagon again. All these posts help regain that wonderful "I do Callanetics" feeling, so thanks to you all!
Monique
Old 09-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Zula refer your argumentative relative to this thread. The results speak for themselves. And smile every time you think of this person. I always laugh at your 'sneaky sessions'.

Monique your post warmed my heart. This is exactly what our goal is.

Down another 1.1 pound this week. Every week I step on those scales and don't know what to expect. It's like Christmas every Sunday. I think today I'm going to revisit a short yoga series I used to do in 1988 right before I discovered Callanetics. It may be what I need on my off days.

Daughter Rachel had what she described as her best session to date. Doing the first floor stretches she was giddy to discover that when she stretched to the sides her cheek rested on her leg! A week ago she didn't think it possible. Her entire session was one incredible result after another. She is also down to 233 pounds ( fighting off a bout of insomnia has left her without an appetite so for the past three days she's barely eaten anything and her stomach shrunk some more ) and feeling ready to add in some advanced movements (Finally! - I promised not to push her ). She now needs to purchase a new belt because her old one is out of smaller holes!!!! Honestly guys, she looks like a teenager again, but with the maturity of being 31. It's so amazing to watch her. We did a little happy dance Life with Callanetics.

Happy pulsing everyone.