LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Zula
Stats: 140/113/100
WOE: Raw vegan trying for moderate carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata View Post

Cinnamon is great too, Marlenelet and Zula! Have you tried it in yoghurt?
Have a good weekend all,
Monique
No, I can't have yogurt, I take mine with chia seeds!
Zula is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susanw53
Stats: 238.9/195.2/155
WOE: Just sensible control
Start Date: Callanetics, 7/98, restart 5/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pease Pudding View Post
Hi everyone - and newcomers - once you start reading this thread, it doesn't take long to join in!

Was very busy last week, so didn't do my first session till last night (had also done aqua aerobics earlier in the day). I am finding the sessions easier but never in a month of Sundays will I be able to fold my body over as they do in the stretches - don't think I ever managed it in gym sessions at school either - so I do what I can! They are my least favourite at the moment!

I know the abdominal exercises help with double chin(s) but do they go up through the face (is that one of the anatomy trains susanw53? - fascinating info you posted on this). I don't want to lose much off my face - I like the babyface I still have! - so if this is the case, I may have to reduce those exercises.

Pease
Pease you will be amazed at how much you will be able to 'fold over' in time. I'm still carrying around an extra 70+ pounds, much of it in my stomach area, and I am almost to the floor. Relax into the contraction and visualize the pelvis like a shallow bowl that you gently 'tip' to the front, just like you were pouring something out. Slowly and with focus (but no strain) keep tipping and gently lowering your torso to the floor as you extend your core and walk your hands out in front of you (this is the first stretch; the concepts are the same for the side stretches and the center one with legs together). Also, if you gently rotate your outstretched arms externally your core will extend even further.

The abdominal movements will tighten your face muscles as well, (the Deep Front Line runs up through the center of you into the sides of the face) but cutting back on them is counterproductive. They are instrumental in developing a strong and stable core which is essential for good health and flexibility, particularly as you age. The facial defination you will end up with will be that of your natural face, looking younger and more athletic. Don't you want to see what that looks like?
susanw53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #63
odo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanw53 View Post
Pease you will be amazed at how much you will be able to 'fold over' in time. I'm still carrying around an extra 70+ pounds, much of it in my stomach area, and I am almost to the floor. Relax into the contraction and visualize the pelvis like a shallow bowl that you gently 'tip' to the front, just like you were pouring something out. Slowly and with focus (but no strain) keep tipping and gently lowering your torso to the floor as you extend your core and walk your hands out in front of you (this is the first stretch; the concepts are the same for the side stretches and the center one with legs together). Also, if you gently rotate your outstretched arms externally your core will extend even further.

The abdominal movements will tighten your face muscles as well, (the Deep Front Line runs up through the center of you into the sides of the face) but cutting back on them is counterproductive. They are instrumental in developing a strong and stable core which is essential for good health and flexibility, particularly as you age. The facial defination you will end up with will be that of your natural face, looking younger and more athletic. Don't you want to see what that looks like?

OMG Susan - Tipping Bowl of water!!!!!! That is an absolutely brilliant mental picture!!! I am sat here struggling to get motivated to get going on my session and that has just given me a massive urge to get going!

I have struggled with this week getting motivated, but I am still on target. It is strange, I can see the changes more now than ever, and you would think that would motivate me more but I must be one of those self-destructive people that when they get close to their over all goal, stop short. But I will keep going this month!
  • Miles run: 4.5 miles October (goal 30 miles)
odo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pease Pudding
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Sept 2009
Quote:

I am 'bowled' over with that mental picture too - will try it tomorrow and hope I might get an extra half inch towards the floor! I just love all your descriptions! You teach so well with just words, just imagine what you could do with people standing before you - you'll have to open your own school before too long!

Re face, I am battling post-menopausal loss of collagen and I believe it helps to keep a bit of fat on the face! I look fine and chubby-cheeked when I'm smiling (so I smile a lot) but in repose my face looks a bit slim at the moment. I'll take it a week at a time and see how I progress - I will have to find a balance. Really do want to firm and trim my waist if possible - but will settle for firming only if I have to. Will have to do a bit of reading up about the deep front lines. Many thanks for the info.

Pease
Pease Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jigglebuster
Stats: 168... 153(March)/???/~145 5'7.5" wrist: 6.25"
WOE: Organic and nothing packaged and 70% raw.
Start Date: Callanetics : Aug 18 '09 then again: Mar 15 '13
So I took my time today, adding in the ins and outs, the evolution back leg lift, and Super wavey hand ab movements. My ins and outs have evolved. I can now straighten my legs, and I did 50, with breaks inbetween every 10 to make sure my form was good. I the last set, I found the sweet spot, and could have done another 50 I'm sure, but didn't push it.

When I take things slow, I notice more and more how Callnetics works with the energetic system (I do energy work for a living). From the beginning to the bar stretches, she works from the crown down through to the root chakra (energy centers in the body) with each exercise, then back up again. In focussing on the meridians (counter points), that's where we improve our posture and find the sweet spots in every move we make.... So well thought out Callan!

Pease, your face is part of your body. If you read a few months back, you'll read how I finally recognised my face again. Much of what you're worried about is due to muscles atrophying and relaxing. You'll see, it'll be just fine.

Susan! you go girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbenjamin View Post
I've been a bit quiet on here lately but I just finished an hour of Callanetics and it feels so good.
Yes you have. Don't think I haven't noticed. But out of everyone, I know you're still pulsing, even if you're not posting.

Looking forward to your next post.
Thighs: L:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
........R:27(2009)...24"(Mar2013)/22.3"/23
Above Knee: 21.5(2009)...16.25"(Mar2013)/15.25"/15.5
(M)Calves L: 17.5(J2010)...15"(Mar2013)/14.5"/ 14.0
.........R: 17(J2010)...14.6"(Mar2013)/14.25"/14.0
Starting all over with 173 hours (16/16 this month) of Callanetics, and playing outside!
Jigglebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amata
Stats: 5'3" getting to slim and healthy
WOE: Fewer and healthier calories
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zula View Post
No, I can't have yogurt, I take mine with chia seeds!
I've tried chia seeds, and I think they don't agree with me - still trying to figure that out. When I take them in the morning, I can taste them for the rest of the day But I'll try other ways of using them, as they feel really good.
Definitely not a matter of "one size fits all"
Amata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

My weekly weigh in shows that I weigh 1.7 pound less than last week. Steady as she goes.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Every once in a while that little voice says life was easier (???) without Callanetics. Then today I laughed and could feel my abdominals working as I did so. Life is sweet.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Susan! It is nice to be back at it again.

I know that subtle feeling of just wanting that hour or so for, well, something else; sleeping in, browsing the internet, staring off into space. But after this past month of wanting to be able to do Callanetics and not physically being able, , I am doing the opposite, getting restless with other things so can do my Callanetics.

I looked at the exercise you posted. I think I'm doing something similar in a way. I don't hang onto anything anymore, I don't need to, so I just rest my hands on the thigh or knee of my bent leg, without putting any pressure on them. I'm just not turning away. I'll have to try that. If I've misunderstood, please let me know.

Congrats on yet another loss!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigglebuster View Post
Thanks Susan! It is nice to be back at it again.

I looked at the exercise you posted. I think I'm doing something similar in a way. I don't hang onto anything anymore, I don't need to, so I just rest my hands on the thigh or knee of my bent leg, without putting any pressure on them. I'm just not turning away. I'll have to try that. If I've misunderstood, please let me know.

Congrats on yet another loss!
That's what I was doing as well, feeling really strong and always seeing Callan as she said "When you're stronger you won't have to hold on at all", then I saw this one on Sandra's page and had to try it. I'm totally hooked! Just rotate to the side that has the leg bent to the front and place your hands on the floor. You're going to love this one Jigglebuster.

I was watching a video link on Huffpost yesterday about parkour (Mirror's Edge Parkour POV) and have a greater respect for your athleticism. I'm not a runner at all but I have had sleeping dreams of doing this all my life. How strange.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BlueFig
Hello everyone

I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge along with Callanetics. I do them every day and take a rest every 4th day, and I just finished 5 hours. I have thick thighs and a big derriere and that's where I need to see results. I have been doing frog squats instead of basic ones because i feel more burn doing them whereas the basic squats feel easy in comparison.

I was wondering if any of you ladies have had experience with squats? I'm afraid that they might bulk up my thighs and derriere even more? My aim is to shrink and tone those problem areas and just lose weight in general. If I keep this up, then I should get 21 hours done by the end of Sep.

Any info on the effects of squats is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
BlueFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tofutofu
Hello everyone - just checking in for this past week. 3.5/3 hours done (2 of them were full sessions) and 15/12 miles walked. I'll weigh/measure tomorrow but I'm not optimistic as my eating has been dreadful. :\

Susan - thank you for sharing the hip variation! I'm excited to try that one at my next session.
tofutofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFig View Post
Hello everyone

I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge along with Callanetics. I do them every day and take a rest every 4th day, and I just finished 5 hours. I have thick thighs and a big derriere and that's where I need to see results. I have been doing frog squats instead of basic ones because i feel more burn doing them whereas the basic squats feel easy in comparison.

I was wondering if any of you ladies have had experience with squats? I'm afraid that they might bulk up my thighs and derriere even more? My aim is to shrink and tone those problem areas and just lose weight in general. If I keep this up, then I should get 21 hours done by the end of Sep.

Any info on the effects of squats is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Just thinking of the muscle actions necessary to carry this out makes me cringe about the imbalance your system will have to deal with. Professional athletes do squats to develop bulky and strong thighs and legs. We choose Callanetics because the program sculpts, tones and aligns the entire body in balance with itself using gentle and controlled pulses that won't harm us and leave us feeling centered and svelte. For most people weight is lost by controlling food intake in more responsible ways and increasing energy output. I can tell you that it's certainly a formula that works for me, dropping at least a pound a week and losing inches consistently, and the only program I use is Callanetics. It may take me longer than someone else to get to my goal weight but I am confident it will be a permanent loss. I don't see any reason to add squats unless you really enjoy them, and you might want to find something to balance the work in your upper body. Maybe someone else on this thread will have a different perspective.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutofu View Post
Hello everyone - just checking in for this past week. 3.5/3 hours done (2 of them were full sessions) and 15/12 miles walked. I'll weigh/measure tomorrow but I'm not optimistic as my eating has been dreadful. :

Susan - thank you for sharing the hip variation! I'm excited to try that one at my next session.
tofutofu, one of the beauties of Callanetics is its ability to give results whether or not you eat 'smart'. It may take longer but the results will come regardless. All that walking will surely help with weight loss. Callanetics will do the rest. Good work on your progress. I urge you to postpone measuring until you've passed 20 sessions. You'll be happier about the results and there will be less performance pressure. Be gentle with yourself. You deserve it.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

I've been thinking a lot lately about balance when I do Callanetics. Of course there's the balance of my psyche that keeps me calm and centered, but I'm talking about balance in execution of the movements. For example during the waist tightener I try to keep my weight balanced on both feet since there's a tendency to let the foot opposite to the bend lift from the floor. When doing the abs movements I'm feeling for equal pressure on the hips and the scapula, as well as keeping the leg lines straight and aligned. I fight a tendency to fall to the side with the raised leg in #2 so I continually shift back to center. In executing the floor hamstring stretch I focus on keeping the extended leg from twisting towards either side, holding it gently in a straight, sure line. Throughout the session there are many opportunities to refine technique towards a 'clean' approach. As you grow stronger you evolve refinement and the movements become more challenging and you reap more spectacular results. What a marvelous system.

Great work by everyone here. Happy pulsing.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Second hour under my belt yesterday! Not sure if I was able to fold over a bit more on the stretches Susan, but I took on your advice - who knows, one day I might suddenly fall forward flat onto my face when my body suddenly adjusts I am so pleased at how my legs are getting a bit more shape from knee upwards. I have never had good inner calves - bit flat in that department - so Callanetics will have it's work cut out to get a curved shape there! Congratulations on your further weight loss - slowly does it.

Thanks for the encouragement Jigglebuster. I have backed off to 50 on the stomach exercises for the moment just to monitor more slowly what is happening in my face - I am about 8 lbs over the weight I want to be so don't want to rush it.

BlueFig, my experience of squats is from horse-riding (English) - specifically rising trot, which is almost the upside-down equivalent, as you're pushing up rather than having weight above (I also used weights years ago). I was unfit and carrying about 20lb more weight - I knew that riding was good for the legs/behind. There's nothing like being in a lesson and doing rising trot round and round the manege - you can't stop or slow down because you have people behind you and the instructor is yelling at you - so you end up going way past your fatigue level. I am sure (I hope) you won't be pushing yourself to that extreme unless you're a glutton for punishment. (You also won't be at risk of falling off). You will build muscle and your thighs may well look like they're getting bigger at first but keep at it and at some point the fat starts to go and you end up with really firm legs, particularly thighs. Even though I haven't ridden for a while, I have reaped the benefits and my thighs are still more muscular than flabby - Callanetics is helping to keep them toned and refine the shape.

Happy pulsing to all!

Pease

Last edited by Pease Pudding; 09-09-2013 at 01:16 AM..
Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's what I was doing as well, feeling really strong and always seeing Callan as she said "When you're stronger you won't have to hold on at all", then I saw this one on Sandra's page and had to try it. I'm totally hooked! Just rotate to the side that has the leg bent to the front and place your hands on the floor. You're going to love this one Jigglebuster.

I was watching a video link on Huffpost yesterday about parkour (Mirror's Edge Parkour POV) and have a greater respect for your athleticism. I'm not a runner at all but I have had sleeping dreams of doing this all my life. How strange.
I slept in today, so won't get my Callanetics done until the evening, but will definitely try it.

Ha ha! I checked out that video and it's a video game! We generally don't go on rooftops out of respect for private property (that maintains a good relationship and rep with the cops). Here's a better idea of what we do... a few of my friends, but not me:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKnsJwlH9cc]Girlicious Parkouring in Montreal - YouTube

It's fun! I began because I was playing, and it felt right, then someone said I was doing parkour, and discovered there's a whole bunch of people around the world who play like I do. I seem to be the oldest, at least in Canada I am!

Anyway, Callanetics has really helped me improve a lot, it's the perfect balance to any kind of movement. It helps with my inline speed skating too!

Last edited by Jigglebuster; 09-09-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Old 09-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: juliakgoolia
hi callanetics lovers

im excited and nervous to start. I am at my ideal weight 113 lbs 5'6 but I have trouble zones (mostly my booty and lower stomach) I tried a few youtube videos of Callanetics..SO SORE haha... but I decided to buy the whole program on amazon 10/10 , am pm and super for when i get there . wish me lucky ladies! starting on wednesday as that is when my videos will arrive. Do you recommend every day or every other day? Also I should start with the 10\10 dvd correct?

thanks so much good luck to all!

ps how do I know I am doing the moves correctly?
when i do them sometimes my lower back hurts (vs my bum.)
Will i get results even if I don't do the moves with perfect form?

& how often would you say I should measure myself?

thank you <3

Last edited by juliakgoolia; 09-09-2013 at 01:23 PM..
juliakgoolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CathinVan
Stats: 145/143/138
Start Date: August 2013
Here's an update on my first week of this month. I have managed 8 sessions of 10/10 so far and dragged myself swimming and to the gym. I seem to be going through the same thing as some of the posters on previous months' threads in that my stomach seems larger but I think other parts of me are smaller. It's as if all the fat has migrated into one place.

I've done about 33 sessions of 10/10 in the last 3 months. I guess improvement will take longer than it did 25 years ago! I shall continue as I am feeling more flexible and fitter inside.

Back to read the other updates now. Keep up the good work everyone!
CathinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathinVan View Post
Here's an update on my first week of this month. I have managed 8 sessions of 10/10 so far and dragged myself swimming and to the gym. I seem to be going through the same thing as some of the posters on previous months' threads in that my stomach seems larger but I think other parts of me are smaller. It's as if all the fat has migrated into one place.

I've done about 33 sessions of 10/10 in the last 3 months. I guess improvement will take longer than it did 25 years ago! I shall continue as I am feeling more flexible and fitter inside.

Back to read the other updates now. Keep up the good work everyone!
Excellent work CathinVan! It may take longer than it did 25 years ago but I find that the years bring a maturity to the effort and enhanced appreciation to the progress. I'm actually having more fun with it than I remember from my first start. You're obviously having a great time yourself. Don't forget to give your body an occasional day off. Enjoy.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BlueFig
Thank you Susan It's so hard for me to lose weight or inches; hence my frustration. I am determined though not to get this get to me, so that I stick to what I am doing even if see no visible changes immediately. To encourage myself, I didn't buy a scale, nor do I measure myself. If I do lose anything, I will feel it in my jeans. I am committed to do 6 hours of Callanetics every week till end of September. I tell myself that I am not seeing any effect outside yet cuz the real change is happening inside first...that I am firming up inside first... (Sigh).

Thank you Pease Pudding I think you're right that with what I am doing, my thighs will bulk up "at first" before firming because of how hard the thigh muscle is being worked. So, that gives me hope to see this thing to the end
BlueFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:51 AM   #82
odo
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: odo
Stats: 148
WOE: none
Start Date: 2003, 07/2013
Just a quick pop in. I am still here!
2 sessions to log, that puts me over the hump of session 20
odo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: keepfitbrit
Start Date: 16th April 2013
Hi everyone
Just to record yesterdays session taking me up to 4 for this month. I was planning on doing another this afternoon after work but lifted something awkwardly at work (rushing too much) and now have upper back ache and neck ache. As soon as I got home, I did the spinal stretch lying down on the floor some neck exercises and the sitting spinal rotation to try and even everything back up again, as I thought if I don't do something it would feel worse later. Now I just have a generalised ache but nothing I need to take medicine for but I nice long bath tonight with maybe some lavender will help and I will try and do my session tomorrow.
I think I will be more conscious when I lift the tables and benches tomorrow at work (as this will be every day) Maybe, holding my pelvic floor in, I don't know, I'm no expert on this but any suggestions welcome

Loving this thread this month and all the posts, well done odo getting past the 20 mark
sunrise lady

Happy pulsing everyone!

Last edited by keepfitbrit; 09-10-2013 at 08:44 AM..
keepfitbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Just a quick visit to say that I went to play tennis today and put on my usual gear. The roll of fat that has been hanging around my waistband (yes, I know it has a well-known name but I don't believe in giving my excess fat a pet name - or else before I know it I'll be feeding it and looking after it) - anyway, it has flattened down - just a slight curve now This is the first time I have been able to get my waist to this point despite lots of other types of exercise (mostly cardio) over the last couple of years.

Looking forward to my next session tomorrow!

Happy pulsing everyone!

Pease
Old 09-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Susan .
I just watched katysays video blog and I will try out her technique tomorrow when I'm lifting. Thank you so much for your advice and all your wonderful posts.
Enjoy your film
Old 09-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Well done Pease!
It is these steps in our progress that makes it all worthwhile and makes us realise the benefits of this amazing exercise system.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Something I came to understand more fully today that will benefit all of you:

The fascia (internal tissue that connects everything inside your skin) is filled with water, both internally and externally. When you work a specific area you are, in a sense, wringing the water out of that area (dehydrating). A short period of rest allows the fascia to rehydrate and re-establish balance so that you can continue to safely work. So those admonitions to take breaks when you need them are even more important than we thought. How cool is that? The more I study the clearer it becomes how far ahead of her time Callan was.

Happy (and hydrated) pulsing.

Pease, so happy for you!!!

Last edited by susanw53; 09-10-2013 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: Additional response
Old 09-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Wow! So much to catch up on! Apologies in advance as I think this may be a massive post!

Amata - I'm not sure what taste repeats on you as I find chia seeds tasteless? How do you take them? I put 3 tablespoons in a bowl, add in 1 cup of water and a good pinch of cinnamon and leave to soak stirring occasionally until they've formed a gel. Best served with a generous helping of raspberries on top!

Susan - firstly congratulations on another excellent weight loss! I'm going to try that west facing alternative for the hips&behind movement in my super this morning. It sounds excellent. By lengthening the obliques it should really help to contact the behind to get good results. Thank you for sharing! I loved your 'balance' comments! I got on our Wii fit board the other day to check my weight and I wasn't even concentrating or looking what I was doing and my balance on the board was absolutely spot on. Bang slap in the middle. Callanetics has improved my weight baring and balance beyond anything else I've ever tried! I've no idea how you manage 3-4 hour sessions! They sound so beautifully relaxing, calming and centering.

Bluefig - I have a slightly different perspective from Susan because I do squats (and lunges) as part of another workout. In terms of 'bulking' if you mean by 'bulking' an increase of overall size (?) the answer is yes and no. If you have low body fat, you squat and are eating at a surplus then yes, your behind measurement will increase. If you have normal, moderate or high body fat and are eating at a deficit (so on a weight loss diet) then no, the squats will firm and lift you behind but they won't increase dimensions, usually quite the opposite. Measure before you start and when you finish for reassurance. That said, the best results I've had for that whole hips/behind/legs section is Callanetics. Nothing has lifted and improved my derričre (love that word!) like Callanetics. I will also add that with years and years of 'home' exercise behind me and just about everything tried, be very careful with squats. They are perfectly useful to add into a routine whatever your workout (even Callan has her own version with the pelvic waves), but you will put such an enormous strain on your joints if you suddenly start doing deep squat after deep squat and not allowing yourself time to recover. The ideal squat starts off at the point in which you can comfortably control it and you use reps to increase the intensity of the workout. You rest at least 48 hours and then you go again, slowly making the squats deeper. I worry about these 'achieve this in 30/60/90 days' programs that they pressurise you into committing to too much when your body isn't conditioned for it and you can end up either giving up because it's just too intense, or worse injuring yourself. Susan has it just right when she says slowly slowly. When it comes to fitness, weight and shape changing the methods which work in the long term are those which are gentle and sustainable. It's the race in which you are more likely to complete as the tortoise than as the hare.

juliakgoolia Welcome! I think Susan has answered your questions better than I could have! I will just say that re measuring yourself, Callanetcis moved things around for me before I lost after a certain point. So measure before, after 10 hours then don't get too hung up after that. It does keep working, it took my body to 50 hours before I suddenly saw an improvement in my measurements as my shape was changing and reorganising for the long term.

I did a sneaky 10/10 on Saturday and Monday's 10/10 also done as planned and I'm all set up and ready to do Super this morning once I've finished my breakfast. That'll get me up to 7 hours so almost half way to target. I did 4x a week last month for 20 hours but I'm really struggling to only do 3x a week and we've been busy/away lately too. I wanted to drop from 4/5 to 3 a week from a time perspective as I have these shoulder/arm exercises to do for my loose shoulders too, but it's hard! I think I might have to slow down slowly!

In other news from me I have had both a massage and a doctors check up. The therapist who did my massage commented on my leg muscles! And the doctor who examined my tummy couldn't believe the tone in my tummy muscles as she palpated my tummy. I've also noticed more lifting going on behind me and it's created more optical illusion of slimming me in the waist area so I'm delighted with that. I'm doing a 30 minute standing workout on the days I do my shoulder exercises, it's a workout I've loved and enjoyed (it's like a cross between ballet, yoga and pilates so it's excellent on strength work and it gets me some cardio in there too) and I'm finding it so rewarding and fulfilling to be able to do 30 minutes of chair, warrior squats and lunges with such flow and ease. I've never been able to do it so competently. I think now I've got some strength and lift into my behind with the Callanetics that it's helping me improve further.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amata
Stats: 5'3" getting to slim and healthy
WOE: Fewer and healthier calories
[QUOTE=Zula;16599120]Wow! So much to catch up on! Apologies in advance as I think this may be a massive post!

Amata - I'm not sure what taste repeats on you as I find chia seeds tasteless? How do you take them? I put 3 tablespoons in a bowl, add in 1 cup of water and a good pinch of cinnamon and leave to soak stirring occasionally until they've formed a gel. Best served with a generous helping of raspberries on top!

Hi Zula I know, that's the strange thing about it, making me wonder if I have some sort of intolerance. Maybe it's my body's chemical reaction to the chia and not the taste of chia itself, but an aftertaste and them working too well or something. When I've had chia, I'm thirsty all day and I usually don't drink little as it is, so something's definitely happening. I want to keep trying and get to the bottom of it though, and your recipe sounds good!. (I've taken them with yoghurt and with a berry mix, and have taken time to soak them before eating, planning on using them in salad too.
Thanks for thinking along with me and congrats on your results!
Monique
Amata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Monique if they are making you thirsty then it's a fibre issue I guess? They are very high in fibre and if your not used to a high fibre diet it can be a bit of a shock to your system with affects including thirst. I guess try a tea spoon in two tablespoons of water and see if that has the same reaction if your interested in finding out!